Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Broomstick-flying witches facing arrest

Still Waters

Maybe a trip to Swaziland is in order :D

trick is, how to get there!

:-)

*multiple post*

Edited by shrooma

trick is, how to get there!

if you're not anywhere that breaks that 150m law maybe I can make a few calls to see if you can hitch a ride on a broom //

how much do you weigh ?

• Like 1

if you're not anywhere that breaks that 150m law maybe I can make a few calls to see if you can hitch a ride on a broom //

how much do you weigh ?

will it count towards hand-luggage allowances....?

will it count towards hand-luggage allowances....?

only for extra undies ... no compartments available ... goggles are available for a small surcharge

• Like 1

The supposition is that witches applied ergot and hallucinogenics to broom handles to get "high." SInce some of the hallucinogenics, particularly ergot, could not be taken orally, the broom handle was used as a dildo to apply the drug to the labia where the thin skin could absorb the drug. So, witches were just druggies who were flying high and with whom Timothy Leary would undoubtably be quite enamored.

OK, I'll stay away from Swaziland while flying on my broom. :whistle: They need to give a poor witch a break. ;)

some of the hallucinogenics, particularly ergot, could not be taken orally,

I know from personal experience that ergot can be quite easily be taken orally, but if you don't want to take my word for it, just google the term 'ergot madness' to hear of thousands ingesting it in the 14th century.

nearly all hallucinogens can be ingested after a little preparation (not that i'm recommending the practice!), one noted exception, as stated earlier, being hemlock, which gives the sensation of flying, while ergotamine, being the chemical from which LSD is derived, gives a completely different sensation.

Edited by shrooma

That reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago (probably here on UM now that I think of it)...

This below is not my story:

"Some of you may know my ex-wife. She had started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started (2002) and she got her license shortly before our divorce was settled (2003). Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Tennessee (flying to Illinois) because of bad weather. Some could call it a crash; an accident at the least. Our kids were with the grandparents this weekend, thank God.

National Transportation Safety Board officials have issued a preliminary determination citing pilot error contributed to the accident, and She was flying a single engine aircraft (a basic model, at best) in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rules) plan.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her aircraft."

CAUTION! GRAPHIC PHOTO!

Broom_zps57b1d493.jpg

• Like 3

Actually, I have a neighbour that I'm very suspicious of having exactly this form of transportation. Just sayin' :whistle:

• Like 2

taun, I just HAD to steal this for my FB page, hope you don't mind!

• Like 1

Actually, I have a neighbour that I'm very suspicious of having exactly this form of transportation. Just sayin' :whistle:

I think you must live near me lilly!

(or my ex-wife.....)

taun, I just HAD to steal this for my FB page, hope you don't mind!

No problem! I stole it from some one else... so help yourself!... :tu:

This one, and another about History according to student bloopers on tests are my favorites...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

No problem! I stole it from some one else... so help yourself!... :tu:

This one, and another about History according to student bloopers on tests are my favorites...

find a history thread to post it on taun & gimme a shout!

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

I think that most of you are missing the real point in this thread.

Animism and Witchcraft are still very potent forces in some African and Carribean nations. Such nations are doomed to remain in the Stone Age, whilst the rest of the World is accelerating towards a different outcome. Those left behind will become the "Neanderthals" of the Modern World. They will not survive, and neither should they.

I wonder how many "witches" they found above 150 meters...

• Like 1

None. But that doesn't mean you can't accuse a woman of flying way over 150m.

wow. Just goes to show you that there are more primitives on this planet than we first thought. I never thought brooms could fly and they would be pretty uncomfortable. A missile maybe? I wonder how many they fined for breaking that law?

Hmmm... I wonder how they are going to enforce this...

First, how are they going to judge the altitude?... Are the police going to be given training to use the complicated math they will need to triangulate the flying witches?...

Second, how are they going to catch them?... Helicopters? ...Interceptors?...

And what happens AFTER they catch them?... I mean... If I see someone flying around -obviously using magic - the LAST thing I want to do is tick them off....

• Like 1

Indeed. You'd think they would have flying vacuum cleaners by now, fgs.

DO they have extention cord long enough or is it a hydrid?

• Like 1

i believe in witchcraft and all.but i am trying to get my head around the whole flying broom though!i believe in many things but i just don't know what to say to this though.

Why only brooms? That's discrimination, what about the flying carpets and those British Tourists with their umbrellas?

• Like 3

Why only brooms? That's discrimination, what about the flying carpets and those British Tourists with their umbrellas?

Knowing Britain today, our umbellas probably come from Swaziland. :cry:

• Like 4