Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to live a better life?

Sufjan

Hello,

it's said, that living healthier increases the health and that it could help you to feel better overall. My question is how do you do that? I live quite unhealthy and everywhere I am, people tell me that I live quite unhealthy and the good news is, that I totally agree.

But, there are things I don't want to do and some things I just can't manage. A few things are quite simple:

- Don't smoke or drink too much

- eat healhy

- do sports

- drink more water

but all of that doesn't seem to work for me for a longer period. Every month I say to myself "Depression? Are you kidding me? Look at how you live, it's no wonder, that you feel like a piece of trash!" and still I can't do it. I know I am mental and maybe I am even sick because of other things besides my lifestyle, but I guess living healthier could turn out to be much more imporant, than I thought and I think most scientists would even agree.

How can I really get to the point where living better is fun instead of a pain?

I really know, that I probably need more help than you can give me, but it would be even cool, if I just could drink more water, because man, I am not thirsty!

• Like 1

eat bacon.

• Like 1

Well first things first. i think that when you change things to better you shouldn`t focus on the fruit of the results but rather on the action self.

And you could take things one step at a time.

for example start working out. find a motivation for that and it will get better. like look better, be stronger, be fitter, be healthier.

and you could start working out at home, doing home exercises.

and the thing is it kind of pushes on to the next point:

when you work out you`ll get more thirsty. good way to drink more water.

water can also supports health, muscle growth and appearance

now once you focus on your health by working out (whether the motivation be muscle, health of looks or something else).

perhaps you would want to get better. so stop drinking and smoking and eating healthier.

eating healther is more likely to mean better looks and more muscle built.

Also you motivate yourself by thinking your actions.

like when you want to drink ask yourself what will be the effect?

answer could be im going to get wasted and might do something i regret and if you are only drinking lets say 2 drinks than what the point? and ask yourself what will i gain by drinking and if i am going to drink a lot what will it give me tomorrow. it will give you nothing it is only a momentarily pleasure. Besides you will lose braincells in a super quick way. i like to think this: am i so super ultra intelligent that i can afford to lose braincells.

as for the smoking, why would you smoke? its bad for your health, it stinks, unless youre a cool character from a movie it doesn`t really look tough. and of course the problems for your body that could occur from smoking and its kind of egoistic considering not only is it bad for yourself it is also bad for others.

Now just think like this

What will i gain tomorrow if i do this (smoking/drinking etc.) now

what does it do to my body and mind (which is a gift to be appreciated)

don`t focus too much on result but rather on actions.

Motivate yourself by thinking what you want to achieve

Search for information what the usage or neglecting it will cause. not only hear it, read about it, look for pictures etc.

• Like 1

@The Lone Ranger

Thank you for your answer.

I think you are very and that's how I think, when I really want to stop all this crap, but it doesn't really last long. So, you think it's kind of a domino-effect? When I start something and keep doing it will lead to other positive things to happen (in an non esoteric way for sure). I am sober for like 4 days and I guess if I just could continue I would be able to sleep better, what means I have more energy to workout. That sounds good in theory, but once everything just falls apart again I just want to feel some kind of relief. Typical for a drinker I guess, but I just have no discipline, too.

Hello,

it's said, that living healthier increases the health and that it could help you to feel better overall. My question is how do you do that? I live quite unhealthy and everywhere I am, people tell me that I live quite unhealthy and the good news is, that I totally agree.

But, there are things I don't want to do and some things I just can't manage. A few things are quite simple:

- eat healhy

- do sports

- drink more water

but all of that doesn't seem to work for me for a longer period. Every month I say to myself "Depression? Are you kidding me? Look at how you live, it's no wonder, that you feel like a piece of trash!" and still I can't do it. I know I am mental and maybe I am even sick because of other things besides my lifestyle, but I guess living healthier could turn out to be much more imporant, than I thought and I think most scientists would even agree.

I really know, that I probably need more help than you can give me, but it would be even cool, if I just could drink more water, because man, I am not thirsty!

You need a support mechanism. People to help you be accountable. You need reasons other than the benefits to go.

My first recommendation for you is martial arts training. If you can find the right kind of school, you will have goals other than the workout itself, a group of supportive people to train with, and a consistent regiment. Be careful some martial arts schools are jokes. If the instructor is out of shape you probably are not going have a good leader for what you want to acomplish.

If you are not into that, look into running groups, metup bycicalling groups, crossfit, or other things that will put you in a group.

Still... You might try these 50 minute insanity workouts that I see on infomercials. Find the discipline to just hit play on your DVD screen and follow along as best you can. Id bet you would get results.

As for eating... Well that's just discipline. I find haveing a large garden that I grow my own food in helps me to eat better.

Good luck. You are on the right track asking question and talking about it, you just have to find the strength to take action.

Hey you,

I have to say, that I'm not really into people. Most of the time they disturb me in every way, but that's not their fault. It's me who's disturbed, they are totally normal mostly. The good thing is, that I totally know, that doing work-outs would help me, because here and there I work in the garden with my mother and when I do that, I sleep like baby (for a reason).

The problem is, I always feel so bad, that I don't have the energy to do so and I hope, that it's really because of my lifestyle.

In order to change... the most important thing is to have is... will power...

I believe that is a key factor when trying to eat healthier, quit smoking... etc.

Try to create a schedule where each day or 3-4 times a week you go out and walk/jog/run/bike ride/swim at least 30min, something that you enjoy... and later increase it time to time.

I've quit smoking (which was really hard, and only did it when I was determined and had the will power to quit it). I started eating healthier (its not quite a diet, I just try to not eat fried food or fast food) and I have a schedule when going to gym, its hard because of course, one sometimes has enough things to do in a day already!... but try to enjoy and live the now... and not focus so much in the final result.. because you'll get there soon enough.

This is my experience... hope you find yours

Orkid

Edited by Orkid

@The Lone Ranger

Thank you for your answer.

I think you are very and that's how I think, when I really want to stop all this crap, but it doesn't really last long. So, you think it's kind of a domino-effect? When I start something and keep doing it will lead to other positive things to happen (in an non esoteric way for sure). I am sober for like 4 days and I guess if I just could continue I would be able to sleep better, what means I have more energy to workout. That sounds good in theory, but once everything just falls apart again I just want to feel some kind of relief. Typical for a drinker I guess, but I just have no discipline, too.

yeah is just like a domino effect. To start it would be difficult to be super healthy instantly,

just start being aware of yourself and your body and mind.

i think working out is a great way, because its healthy, it promotes you wanting water,

you`ll get tired (not exhausted like when you don`t sleep) so motivates you to rest. and eventually if you like it you can become more aware to avoid other unhealthy stuff like alchohol, smoking, unhealthy food and an unhealthy lifestyle.

as for motivation first find a longer term motivation like becoming really fit or walking a marathon (just examples)

once you have that just make sure you enjoy the lifestyle and don`t focus on the results too much.

To find a form of relieve just find something you enjoy en gives you rest. like a hobby or something to keep you focussed like reading or watching a movie.

its hard in the beginning, but once you stop it for a while its get better and you might not even have a urge for it.

consider it a detox. Perhaps it will be easier if you totally stop something than just slowing it down.

Like if you stop drinking, you don`t drink no matter what event or urge. if you drink every now and than its easier to take a drink.

No drinking= don`t cross line, drink every now and than= line is easier to cross.

While I agree with all of the things both of you said I find

No drinking= don`t cross line, drink every now and than= line is easier to cross.
very striking.

and I really enjoy reading, when I can read. I would even go so far saying, that a really good reading session like I had last summer when I read a book in one readthrough was the most fun I had alone since the day I was born.

I appreciate this moment, but I also want to go back and enjoy things how they are meant to be enjoyed. Same goes with food, alcohol and the gym. My father owns a little private gym and it's a five minutes ride from here. I really should take that chance. Hopefully I'm recovering soon and I might be able to actually DO something THEN, while I would like to do it NOW.

While I agree with all of the things both of you said I find

very striking.

and I really enjoy reading, when I can read. I would even go so far saying, that a really good reading session like I had last summer when I read a book in one readthrough was the most fun I had alone since the day I was born.

I appreciate this moment, but I also want to go back and enjoy things how they are meant to be enjoyed. Same goes with food, alcohol and the gym. My father owns a little private gym and it's a five minutes ride from here. I really should take that chance. Hopefully I'm recovering soon and I might be able to actually DO something THEN, while I would like to do it NOW.

I hope you`ll find the tips helpfull

And if you find something good you enjoy you might as well use it to the fullest.

If you have to do something its best to do it right away, good luck with your mission.

Well if you are doing physical things to "live better (fun)" and it isn't working for longer periods of time, maybe it is time to try something mental.

What type of thoughts are on your mind daily? Do you regret the past? Despair the future?

Or do you let the past go, prepare for the future without dwelling on the worry, and make the best of now?

eat bacon.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/woman-105-credits-bacon-for-long-life/1/270988.html

Woman, 105, credits bacon for long life

A 105-year-old woman says eating bacon is the main reason she has lived so long.

Pearl Cantrell - who has outlived three of her seven children - eats the pork-based products for "every meal" and credits the tasty treats for her long life.

She told US TV network KRBC: "I love bacon, I could eat it for every meal, and I do!"

"I would go to the field and work till dinner, then come home to fix dinner, then I would go back out to the field and work again until supper."

Research has shown that all happy people have three criteria.

1. Regular stool

2. Great sex

3. Strong sleep

To me, best meditation you can do is go to sleep.

eat bacon.

This is the truth. Bacon is always key to a happier life.

Hello,

- eat healhy

- do sports

- drink more water

The "newer" Recovery suggestions are to exercise every day, and eat healthy-- it can take up to a year for the brain to recover from the effects of chronic drinking.A plus on exercise is it releases endorphins and that helps you to feel better and sleep. I know a few people who have had astounding success with these ideas. Of course this is just an opinion and in the end it is your own experiences that determine the result of any program.

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Addicted-Brain-Revolutionary-Science-Based/dp/1402218443

Edited by Sherapy