Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1952 UFO Sightings Over Washington DC

AlasBabylon

Anyone here have any interesting information and/or insights on this event ?

Why 1952... why Washington DC ??

" The 1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident... was a series of unidentified flying object reports

from July 12 to July 29, 1952, over Washington, D.C. The most publicized sightings took place on

consecutive weekends, July 19–20 and July 26–27. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Washington,_D.C._UFO_incident

The 1952 Sighting Wave

" The summer 1952 UFO sighting wave was one of the largest of all time, and arguably the most

significant of all time in terms of the credible reports and hardcore scientific data obtained. "

http://www.nicap.org/waves/1952fullrep.htm

• Like 1

I think we have been visited for thousands of years and it will continue. Just hope they never attack us.

" The most publicized sightings took place on consecutive weekends, July 19–20 and July 26–27. "

17 years later... July 20, 1969 was the first moon landing - coincidence ?

That's actually termed the "Washington Nationals" (not the baseball team) where (from memory) UFOs were both sighted in the air and picked up by radar. Kevin Randle goes over this in one of his books.

• 1952. Washington National Airport:

A massive buildup of sightings over the United States in 1952, especially in July, alarmed the Truman administration. On 19 and 20 July, radar scopes at Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base tracked mysterious blips. On 27 July, the blips reappeared.

• July 19, 1952. Washington National Airport

Radar sites in three different locations [Air Routing and Traffic Control Center (ARTC), Andrews Air Force Base, Washington National Airport] spotted the objects. F-94s fighters had their on board radar lock on the targets.

• July 20, 1952. Washington and Martinsburg, West Virginia

Captain Casey Pierman on Capital Airlines flight 807. He and the rest of his crew saw seven objects flash across the sky. "Like falling stars without trails." Traveling at tremendous speed. National Airport radar picked up the object.

• Late July 1952.

Flight controllers (Air Defense Command) directed pilot Lieutenant William Petterson to five or six unknowns on radar. Suddenly pilot sees brilliant blue-white lights. Closes in for better look and reported they were all around him. Radar room watched intercept on radar scope. They could see what the pilot was telling them on radar.

Edited by topsecretresearch
  • Like 1

What do you suppose was purpose for the intensive UFO activity over DC ?

Atmospheric phenomena.

Cheers,

Badeskov

17 years later... July 20, 1969 was the first moon landing - coincidence ?.

Yes.

I think we have been visited for thousands of years and it will continue. Just hope they never attack us.

I hope they do.... then we would know that they are real. All we have now is belief.

I hope they do.... then we would know that they are real. All we have now is belief.

I here ya, I hear ya DBunker ! I cant wait until they arrive ! Full On Battle of the Aliens ! ,We will Loose of coarse unless there deadly affaraid of Salt water,and Fresh water, Then we can load up our Most Advanced weapon the Squirt gun !

ANd Maybe ,just maybe they wont Eat us ! Or not in that case were Toast !

But IT will be intresting the first few seconds on the Internet ?

Maybe this particular race of alien just recently discovered Earth and were very curious, kind of like a kid with a new toy. The kid would be very interested in the toy in the begging but would get bored very quick.

Atmospheric phenomena.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I hears a lot about "atmospheric phenomena". What exactly is atmospheric phenomena? Kind of like describing a wanted criminal as "human". What exactly is this human? black, white, green, yellow? tall, short? facial features?

I hears a lot about "atmospheric phenomena". What exactly is atmospheric phenomena? Kind of like describing a wanted criminal as "human". What exactly is this human? black, white, green, yellow? tall, short? facial features?

You'll know it when you see it :)

There were tensions between the Air Force and UFOs during that time.

I believe the US did recorver crashed ET craft like at Roswell and we tried to intentionally down some of these craft. Aliens were also making the presence known if you read into UFOs and nukes. Both sides were kind of feeling each other out.

Read: 1952 Flying Saucer "Shoot Down" Stories

[media=]

[/media]

This isn't related to the Washington D.C. sightings but it pretty much proves the shoot down orders were there.

Edited by topsecretresearch

Therein lies the problem, atmospheric phenomena can cover a plethora of observations,where some are as far from UFO sightings as one could possibly be whereas others are as close as you could imagine. But the 1952 UFO flap over Washington bears all the hallmarks of an electrical phenomenon in my honest opinion.

Cheers,

Badeskov