Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does anybody know anything about warlocks?

Lucas North-justiceseeker

Ok so I have a thread in the True Crime forum about the Angela Brosso/Melanie Bernas murders from November 1992/September 1993.I think that the killings were ritualistic and was wondering if anyone could shed light on warlock rituals and see if they fit the pattern of behavior of these crimes.

Allegedly there were a group of individuals who lived in Brosso's apartments who attended a Halloween party dressed as warlocks the week before her murder.

One member of this group is named "Ronnie" and was a self-proclaimed warlock and crossdresser who allegedly also attended the same college as Brosso's live in boyfriend who was not apart of this group I am talking about.

Brosso died on November 8 1992 after leaving her home at 7pm to ride her bike.She was supposed to return by 8pm to watch "In Living Colour" with her boyfriend.The boyfriend reported her missing at 11:40pm and police began a search the next mourning.She was discovered the next mourning,her 22nd birthday, at aprx 9:20 am in the field next to her apartments off the bike trail.

She was decapitated and her head along with her bike and walkman were missing. She still had her shoes on but was naked and her clothes, so bloodstained they couldnt be reconized, were in a pile next to her body. She was also disembowled with cutting wounds from her chest and abdomen, no gunshot wounds though.Her head was discovered by a fisherman a mile and a half south in the Arizona Canal by Metrocenter mall 11 days later. Investigators belive it had been refrigorated.

In March 1994 DNA evidence linked the Brosso killing to Arcdia High School student Melanie Bernas murder. Bernas' body was discovered in the same canal at almost exactly the same spot where the head was found. She was not decapitated but her clothes were missing and she was dressed in a tourqoise body suit with a black zipper that wasnt hers.

Her bicycle was also missing and the strange thing about the crime was she lived at 40st and Osborn and the furthest west she would bike was the Biltmore area at least 10 miles away from Metrocenter area. There was also an unconfirmed rumor that she was hit by a Sedan near her house and abducted there. This info was obtained only by one person I talked to on the forum who claimed he went to high school with her.

Brosso had only beed in Phoenix since June of 1992 after graduating from Devry Los Angeles with a Telecomunications degree. She moved into Woodstone Apartments off Interstate 17 with her boyfriend who she had met while attending the Devry branch in Newark New Jersey. She was originaly from Camp Hill PA a suburb of Harrisburg. She was working for Syntellect Incorporated a Phoenix Telecom company off I-17 frwy and Greenway road To this day her purple 21 speed Diamondback Topanga mountain bike has never been discovered.

Melanies green and blue 21 speed Specialized HardrockSport has also never been discoverd, She was a 17 year old high school student who lived in Arcadia area of Phoenix, far away from the area where Brosso lived.She was last seen on a school night(9-21-93) at 7pm by her mother leaving the home for a bike ride.When the mother returned home from a dinner at around 10pm Melanie wasn't there and was reported missing at around 2am and discovered arouned 10am the next day by a jogger who noticed blood on one of the canal banks.

Brosso's murder was a little over a week after Haloween 1992 and she died the night of a full moon.Melanie was killed during a half-moon. I was wondering if there was any significant meaning to this date in regards to a ritual/moon. Do these murders apear to be ritualistic or satanic? A tie into crossdressing with the bodysuit?

I would very much apreciate any help.

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker

Male witches are called witches. Warlock means oath breaker. Sounds like some nut jobs playing at things they know nothing about.

• Like 5

I don't know anything about Warlock's or this case, but it sounds intriguing.

There are other kinds of witches and warlocks who operate outside any other neo-Pagan circles whom most neo-Pagans would not know much about other than to not claim them or claim they do not exist.

My mother told me these type of covens operate out of Michigan and Corpus Christi, Texas.

A full moon, in general, outside of any specific pagan belief or path, is when the moon has come to its most powerful but also signalling its decline. The moment after the full moon it wanes.

The half moon would depend on whether it was the first quarter or the last quarter. The springs or neaps are how both of these half moon junctures affect the tides.

We aren't stupid we know they're out there. We call them nut jobs.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 3

A Warlock is a male witch., sorcerer.,wizard or demon..So if the witch is true then definitely Warlock is also true..

True only in some circles yet much about them is also myth.

In this topic, detangling truth from myth is difficult enough, where one begins and ends to outsiders like us is a blur, that they operate within a Judeo-Christian framework is about all we can know for certain.

They talk and share with none and those who have left and come forward with their stories seem like Christian propaganda.

Although I have heard of a distant relative called by this name, who falls far outside any of our family traditions, and have heard a glint of his power, forcing someone else in another room to do something the moment they willed it.

Very mundane, some might even say coincidental, but that they are spoken of and share little themselves makes it a topic few will discuss but that even fewer will actually know anything about.

I know nothing. Do not want to know. But enough to treat them like the cartel if you live where I live, never mention them to strangers in public.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Sure . . . no one associated with any actual Left Hand Path organization worth a damn, is resposible for any "warlock' crapola. It is always the work of some psychopath hiding behind the devil's mask.

• Like 1

By many broad definitions(I do not personally identify by these titles, but some might identify me by them) I would be considered a warlock or a wizard, but i'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

Many rituals performed by one sect of a tradition may be secret to another sect, and even more so to a completely different tradition.

The only good news I can offer is the knowledge to point you in a direction of which not to bother..

Santeria, Palo Mayombe, Ifa <-- These pagan traditions do not perform any form of human killing rituals.

Edited by xFelix

Indeed someone from one path has little room speaking as an authority about another.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Justice seeker, I read an updated article regarding brosso case. The phx police dept ...cold case has been reopened, article published may 23, 2013 google for info. Article found on Internet.

• 2 months later...

Justice seeker, I read an updated article regarding brosso case. The phx police dept ...cold case has been reopened, article published may 23, 2013 google for info. Article found on Internet.

It has been awhile now, nothing happened.

Warlocks. Witches. I have met a few people who claimed to be this. Turned out they had mental issues. Does anyone honestly really believe in any of this stuff in the 21st century? I mean...really?

• Like 1

Warlocks. Witches. I have met a few people who claimed to be this. Turned out they had mental issues. Does anyone honestly really believe in any of this stuff in the 21st century? I mean...really?

Unfortunately.

• Like 2

Well nowdays we are meant to use gender neutral profession titles so I don't think that Warlock is at all appropriate. On a more serious note I think that it is quite common for people to justify their horrible actions by calling themselves warlocks, or sorcerer or any other number of titles. The vast majority of the time it has little or nothing to do with any actual belief. It's just an excuse.

• Like 1

Yup, there are people who practice witchcraft. Most of my friends are Neo-Pagans and a lot of them are Witches. They are just average folks and unless you know them you wouldn't know. Most don't have any more mental health issues than the rest of the population. I happen to be a Druid, but I do witchcraft as a hobby, I guess that makes me a Witch.

So do you believe that this witchcraft of yours has actual tangible effects, or is it more of a religious ceremony?

Ok so I have a thread in the True Crime forum about the Angela Brosso/Melanie Bernas murders from November 1992/September 1993.I think that the killings were ritualistic and was wondering if anyone could shed light on warlock rituals and see if they fit the pattern of behavior of these crimes.

Allegedly there were a group of individuals who lived in Brosso's apartments who attended a Halloween party dressed as warlocks the week before her murder.

One member of this group is named "Ronnie" and was a self-proclaimed warlock and crossdresser who allegedly also attended the same college as Brosso's live in boyfriend who was not apart of this group I am talking about.

Brosso died on November 8 1992 after leaving her home at 7pm to ride her bike.She was supposed to return by 8pm to watch "In Living Colour" with her boyfriend.The boyfriend reported her missing at 11:40pm and police began a search the next mourning.She was discovered the next mourning,her 22nd birthday, at aprx 9:20 am in the field next to her apartments off the bike trail.

She was decapitated and her head along with her bike and walkman were missing. She still had her shoes on but was naked and her clothes, so bloodstained they couldnt be reconized, were in a pile next to her body. She was also disembowled with cutting wounds from her chest and abdomen, no gunshot wounds though.Her head was discovered by a fisherman a mile and a half south in the Arizona Canal by Metrocenter mall 11 days later. Investigators belive it had been refrigorated.

In March 1994 DNA evidence linked the Brosso killing to Arcdia High School student Melanie Bernas murder. Bernas' body was discovered in the same canal at almost exactly the same spot where the head was found. She was not decapitated but her clothes were missing and she was dressed in a tourqoise body suit with a black zipper that wasnt hers.

Her bicycle was also missing and the strange thing about the crime was she lived at 40st and Osborn and the furthest west she would bike was the Biltmore area at least 10 miles away from Metrocenter area. There was also an unconfirmed rumor that she was hit by a Sedan near her house and abducted there. This info was obtained only by one person I talked to on the forum who claimed he went to high school with her.

Brosso had only beed in Phoenix since June of 1992 after graduating from Devry Los Angeles with a Telecomunications degree. She moved into Woodstone Apartments off Interstate 17 with her boyfriend who she had met while attending the Devry branch in Newark New Jersey. She was originaly from Camp Hill PA a suburb of Harrisburg. She was working for Syntellect Incorporated a Phoenix Telecom company off I-17 frwy and Greenway road To this day her purple 21 speed Diamondback Topanga mountain bike has never been discovered.

Melanies green and blue 21 speed Specialized HardrockSport has also never been discoverd, She was a 17 year old high school student who lived in Arcadia area of Phoenix, far away from the area where Brosso lived.She was last seen on a school night(9-21-93) at 7pm by her mother leaving the home for a bike ride.When the mother returned home from a dinner at around 10pm Melanie wasn't there and was reported missing at around 2am and discovered arouned 10am the next day by a jogger who noticed blood on one of the canal banks.

Brosso's murder was a little over a week after Haloween 1992 and she died the night of a full moon.Melanie was killed during a half-moon. I was wondering if there was any significant meaning to this date in regards to a ritual/moon. Do these murders apear to be ritualistic or satanic? A tie into crossdressing with the bodysuit?

I would very much apreciate any help.

Like someone pointed out Warlock means oath breaker. Hollywood made it into a male witch thing.

Theres no such thing as "warlock" or "witch" rituals cause there just terms associated with non-christians who practiced magic. You could have two people who would fit the term witch but they could have different gods/godesses, dogma and how they view and practice magic. A ritual is just psychodrama used to induce a state of mind to work magic, its not needed (but is effective) and actually there are some systems of magic that involve making your own ritual or dropping the use of rituals all together.

Also there is no actual Satanism. There have been some who have used the infamy of satan to create cults but the goal was the cult and not anything to do with satan but usualy sexual and drug taking acts <cough> Church of Satan <cough>. Most self proclaimed satanist usually take some bad boy in a pantheon and say its another term for satan. For example Egyptian Set, most satanist swear hes another name for satan.... Bad thing is he was a good guy, sure he killed Osiris but no one punished him for it and in fact he was the one in the ennead who keeps Ra safe.

While I and others refer to me as satanic I dont really vibe with other satanist, seeing as most views on who satan is is from superstitious witch burning and inquisition days. And pretty much take the behavior of Enoch's fallen Angels and superimpose them onto the mythos of satan. Cause in the Satan Mythos he wasnt a pervert nor did he indulge in perversion he was holy... he was just tasked with making us **** up in other words our adversary. Thats why my religion is the true satanic religion.... lol What im trying to explain is that there is no central organization for satan its all made up by the practitioner. Like Church of Satan ... Its sorta like the Scientology of the occult though.

Now on to the nitty gritty of your question. Most american blood rituals find there source in vudon (or as you heard of it through hollywood Voodoo) most deal with animals and using bodily fluids and organs. Actually the FBI back in the day tried to investigate Satanic Ritual Cults and they found that there is no proof of any Human Sacrifices, most leads were just rumors or BS kinda like the guy who said the devil told him to kill people through a dog. There are no cults of satanist killing people. In other words if I said Jesus/Moses/Buddah/Satan told me to kill a bunch of people You cant really say those religions kill people. Now if a large group of people within that religion kill people cause there God told them to, for example Islam you could say that religion practices killing (not Saying Islam is about killing people but you can understand why they have that stigma).

If you have any other questions on <Satan> :gun: <Satan> just ask me your local neighborhood satanist.... just be aware im not like the christians and I will find some way to screw you over to benefit me :whistle:

That seems to be the only central theme in that ism.

Also there is no actual Satanism. There have been some who have used the infamy of satan to create cults but the goal was the cult and not anything to do with satan but usualy sexual and drug taking acts <cough> Church of Satan <cough>.

Not sure where you get your information from but Satanism has little to nothing to do with sexuality or drug abuse.
Most self proclaimed satanist usually take some bad boy in a pantheon and say its another term for satan. For example Egyptian Set, most satanist swear hes another name for satan.... Bad thing is he was a good guy, sure he killed Osiris but no one punished him for it and in fact he was the one in the ennead who keeps Ra safe.
Bad guy/Good guy? What are you talking about? Satan is an Adversarial archetype, the Temple of Set took the Egyptian Set as their model for their system, it has nothing to do with good or evil, or posturing as "bad boys". Set's demonizing came much later in Egyptian culture when the region that honored Horus the Elder took control over all of Egypt . . . it is common to eradicate your Adversary when defeated, thus Set had new stories created to make Horus appear to be the correct god to be worshiped.
While I and others refer to me as satanic I dont really vibe with other satanist, seeing as most views on who satan is is from superstitious witch burning and inquisition days. And pretty much take the behavior of Enoch's fallen Angels and superimpose them onto the mythos of satan. Cause in the Satan Mythos he wasnt a pervert nor did he indulge in perversion he was holy... he was just tasked with making us **** up in other words our adversary. Thats why my religion is the true satanic religion.... lol What im trying to explain is that there is no central organization for satan its all made up by the practitioner. Like Church of Satan ... Its sorta like the Scientology of the occult though.
Actual Satanism is NOT reverse-Christianity
Now on to the nitty gritty of your question. Most american blood rituals find there source in vudon (or as you heard of it through hollywood Voodoo) most deal with animals and using bodily fluids and organs. Actually the FBI back in the day tried to investigate Satanic Ritual Cults and they found that there is no proof of any Human Sacrifices, most leads were just rumors or BS kinda like the guy who said the devil told him to kill people through a dog. There are no cults of satanist killing people. In other words if I said Jesus/Moses/Buddah/Satan told me to kill a bunch of people You cant really say those religions kill people. Now if a large group of people within that religion kill people cause there God told them to, for example Islam you could say that religion practices killing (not Saying Islam is about killing people but you can understand why they have that stigma).
I agree with most of what you are saying, true the Satanic Panic of the 80's was found to be propaganda oriented by Christian zealots. But don't be too quick to write of all of the Left Hand Paths . . . the Thugge were Hindu Aghora's and murdered 2 million people in the name of Kali (the dark feminine aspect of the Prince of Darkness) . . . the O9A (Order of Nine Angles) has written directly into their texts, directions concerning human sacrifice.

But, for the most part Satanists are relatively harmless . . . especially in comparison with Judeo-Christian & Muslim cults.

Just for the record, WARLOCK is a BS term. It has nothing to do with paganism, Wicca, or any other religion. A male who practices witchcraft is called (wait for it...) a witch.

Warlock has signified (at various times) an oath-breaker, or a leader of a tribes war parties.

Any fool who proclaims himself to be a warlock, practicing dark arts, is a fool and an a$$hat. Unfortunately, the actions of a deranged few have clouded an entire way of life.

• Like 1

Well cooler is important. All the little kiddlywinks want to be cool and majik and stuff. Then they can stay up as long as they want and their parents won't tell them what to do anymore.

• Like 1

Indeed. Strange.