Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if Dinosaurs kept evolving?

PlatypusFury

I've been pondering a theory and I would like other's opinions. Obviously it would take a very long time for Dinosaurs to achieve any where near the intelligence of humans, but what would this planet be like if Dinosaurs were allowed to evolve to the point where they could invent, communicate and thrive as well as humans do. Basically think of dinosaurs as our Australopithecus.

This is my first post and am sorry if this has been touched on before.

Dinosaurs' Living Descendants

China's spectacular feathered fossils have finally answered the century-old question about the ancestors of today's birds

• Like 1

Allow me to include a theory, obviously there would be only one species of dinosaur (for the sake of things let's say it will be the t-rex) to dominate and rule over all other things. Or would that even be the case?

Allow me to include a theory, obviously there would be only one species of dinosaur (for the sake of things let's say it will be the t-rex) to dominate and rule over all other things. Or would that even be the case?

As long as the belly is full ... they would not go to all the trouble to rule over other things //

Evolution as we currently know, does not explain anything. It is imaginary and speculative in nature.

Dinosaurs and Men may have lived side by side, we do not know for sure.

Evolution as we currently know, does not explain anything. It is imaginary and speculative in nature.

Yes we do ... and they didn't

It is only you that don't want to know for sure Harsh ... true and harsh ...

• Like 2

Yes we do ... and they didn't

It is only you that don't want to know for sure Harsh ... true and harsh ...

How old do you think is Homo Sapien? Could homo sapiens have been around for say 65 million years?

How old do you think is Homo Sapien? Could homo sapiens have been around for say 65 million years?

HArsh ... you are better than me in searching this links and material //

Its not that it isn't there and you know it, if you don't believe in it say it ... don't make it like nobody knows ... that's totally beneath a 'researcher' of your talents.

What you are doing is nothing short of misinformation, in terms of 'teachers' and learners ... that is worst than murdering your own intelligence

HArsh ... you are better than me in searching this links and material //

Its not that it isn't there and you know it, if you don't believe in it say it ... don't make it like nobody knows ... that's totally beneath a 'researcher' of your talents.

What you are doing is nothing short of misinformation, in terms of 'teachers' and learners ... that is worst than murdering your own intelligence

I believe that HSS were present on this Earth way before then the mainstream currently acknowledges. Also i believe that civilization is cyclical and there has been civilizations in the past of which we have very little memory of currently.

I do not state things without some basis for eg:

Coelacanth

Coelacanth are an ancient order of fish believed to have gone extinct at the end of the Cretaceous period some 65-plus million years ago. That was until 1938, when one was miraculously discovered off the east coast of South Africa near the mouth of the Chalumna River. Closely related to lungfishes and tetrapods, coelacanths are among the oldest living jawed fishes known to exist. They can live as long as 100 years and swim at depths of 90 to 100 meters.

coelacanth.jpg

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/lazarus-species-13-extinct-animals-found-alive/coelacanth

Dinosaurs atleast some of them could have survived till quite recently:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur.html

Also HSS could have been way older then currently held by the mainstream evolutionist time lines:

http://www.forbiddenarcheology.com/

Try reading this link and see where it leads you.

Problem is that in evolutionary terms, nature tends to adapt with short term changes, such as strenght or size, that are attributes that are more used to adapt to environment. Intelligence is more of long term evolutionary investment. So in essence, reptiles had enough time do hone their evolutionary characteristic to supreme level. Therefore TRex was really pinnacle of land predator evolution, only thing left to be would be to improve size and strenght. Take for instance his "hands" which went being smaller and smaller because they havent been used. In reality, obtaining intelligence through evolution is very difficult to explain, and that's why you don't have intelligent insects, birds or reptiles. So personally i am in favor of intelligent design. Take notice that most succesful creatures in terms of evolution when develop final form, tend to remain like that for millions of years, like ants for instance.

• Like 1

Cremo again....

Third_eye, maybe you want to read this post (number.32) too:

http://www.unexplain...5

Yeah Abe ... I suspected his intentions even before he went all link crazy ... I still attest to his talents though I detest his intentions ...

• Like 1

Take for instance his "hands" which went being smaller and smaller because they havent been used. In reality, obtaining intelligence through evolution is very difficult to explain, and that's why you don't have intelligent insects, birds or reptiles.

Dolphins have no 'hands' and still are remarkably intelligent. Just like crows and ravens and parrots.

I think there should be a definition of intelligence here .... human like intelligence and the rest .... :lol:

Dolphins have no 'hands' and still are remarkably intelligent. Just like crows and ravens and parrots.

They are intelligent compared to other animals. Still far away from human intelligence.

They are intelligent compared to other animals. Still far away from human intelligence.

some humans is the right definition: some humans.

But Amalthe talked about intelligence, not human intelligence.

And what's "far away" : there are biologists who consider corvids (especially ravens and also crows) to be inbetween humans and apes concerning intelligence.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

The point is that we don't know how "evolute" the dinos were. There are many species and mot we know about them is what they looked like. As far as humans would not exist... that is highly speculative. Mammals existed even in the dino time...in fact, when the dinos gave up the spoon it was mammals that took their place.

arguecat.png

Lots and lots of nice dinosaur fossils of all kinds.

Not a single verifiable pre-Pliocene Homo Sapiens fossil. Not even a single pre-Cenozoic mammal larger than a small dog.

'Nuff said.

Yeah Abe ... I suspected his intentions even before he went all link crazy ... I still attest to his talents though I detest his intentions ...

This now explains a lot. Until this thread I knew nothing about cremo. Pity I did not know this two weeks ago as it would have saved me a lot of work in a certain other thread.........

• Like 1

Dolphins do have 5 digit bone structures under both left and right flippers and are believed to have once been a land animal which evolved into a sea creature. Weird!

Anyway, how accurate are our dating techniques? Im not convinced they are reliable.

Dolphins do have 5 digit bone structures under both left and right flippers and are believed to have once been a land animal which evolved into a sea creature. Weird!

Anyway, how accurate are our dating techniques? Im not convinced they are reliable.

OK, now ask them to pick up the phone or play cards with those 'hands',lol.

This now explains a lot. Until this thread I knew nothing about cremo. Pity I did not know this two weeks ago as it would have saved me a lot of work in a certain other thread.........

I for one thought you knew ... I apologise

I have an evolved dinosaur living in my living room. His name is Sonny and he is a cockatiel. He has not written an epic poem or philosophized about the nature of the universe (to my knowledge, anyway) but he is more intelligent than most mammals his size. I can see his kind evolving into a language intensive technological species some day. Also, anytime you are developing an overblown image of human intelligence try reading the comments section on Yahoo News. :passifier:

• Like 2