Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian UFO sightings doubled in 2012

An anual report from Canada's Ufology Research Institute has revealed that sightings are on the increase.

UFO sightings in Canada are at an all-time high, according to Canadian sky-gazers. The annual report from Ufology Research documented 1,981 UFO sightings in Canada in 2012, more than double 2011's record 986.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Hmmmm.. I note the following..

1. It's quite difficult to track back to where this information originated - why do these articles not quote their sources?? I ended up here:

http://www.canadianu.../2012essay.html

and I would have to observe that site is most notable for broken/missing links and rather naff looking webpages (ASCII 'renderings' of UFOs? - how droll..), than anything looking like genuine research or decent statistical analysis.

And hasn't anyone told these guys that IF THE PAGES AREN'T READY, don't put links to them!!!

2. That page starts off with the rather damning words:

Since 1989, Ufology Research (formerly Ufology Research of Manitoba) has solicited UFO case data from known and active investigators and researchers in Canada.

In other words, they are going out and getting this data from whatever old and NEW sources they can,. with no attempt whatsoever to normalise the data, and discuss issues like how the data collection actually works, how many staff have been involved, how many UFO 'contractors/agencies/etc' were approached, how those agencies had been promoting themselves, how many reports may have been copycats, how many ufo programs had been on tv in the region, etc...

About the only interesting 'fact' they reported was that unexplained ufos had dropped from 11% to 7.5%.

Hang on.. why are the explained ones still being counted as Unidentified Flying Objects, then? Another Unexplained Mystery. :D

Anyway, that is very good news! If that trend continues, there will be no unexplained cases at all by 2014.. Well done, Canada!

• Like 2

So the Canadians have just found out about you tube?

• Like 4

They seem to be everywhere these days especially on Youtube.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, in my country, 1 recorded UFO sighting every 4 years.

i'm trying to work out if that's a good thing ash, or a bad thing??

:-)

Those are just the documented sightings.

I wonder if aliens are gearing up for an attack on America's Hat in retaliation for unleashing Justin Bieber on the planet.

• Like 4

UFO's, all they want is attention LOL.

I've always wondered what the aliens are thinking when they decide to show up, they're problably like" look! They're waving small devises in the air" maybe they do want attention
  • Like 1

yeah baby UFOs UFOs UFOs!!!!Canada your lucky.i wish i was there for this.almost over 2,000 UFO cases and these so called experts are still skeptical about it?what do you guys want little green men to land on your backyards and drop by to say hi or something?i am not saying to believe everything but don't dismiss it either or not research it

I still can't believe that an extraterestrial UFO would have the technogy to make sure we couldn't see it. Obviously they aren't showing on radar. Oh, yeah - all of theose reports have been buried.

Meanwhile, in my country, 1 recorded UFO sighting every 4 years.

Recorded ufo's! Please can we see it.

:nw:

I wonder if aliens are gearing up for an attack on America's Hat in retaliation for unleashing Justin Bieber on the planet.

Maybe,... I was waiting for them to help us with the Hannah Montana problem back in 2006.

Recorded ufo's! Please can we see it.

:nw:

Did you have to?

julien-shaking-head.gif

• Like 1

The real question is, if you run a graph of UFO sightings and superimpose it over a graph of Molson sales for 2012, do they match?

• Like 1

...almost over 2,000 UFO cases and these so called experts are still skeptical about it?

No, we aren't skeptical at all about UFO's existing. I see several each night - they are most likely planes and choppers, even the occasional satellite, but they are genuine unidentified flying objects.. Are you perhaps misusing the term? Try to remember what the U stands for, OK?

what do you guys want little green men to land on your backyards and drop by to say hi or something?

Answering my own question, yes you are - you're talking about aliens, aren't you.. You see, aliens and UFOs aren't the same thing..

i am not saying to believe everything but don't dismiss it either or not research it

So I shall now ask AGAIN:

Andromedan Starseed 333, in your expert opinion what is the best documented UFO case involving aliens?

The last few times I have asked this, silence ensued... but I live in hope..

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 2

<snip>

So I shall now ask AGAIN:

Andromedan Starseed 333, in your expert opinion what is the best documented UFO case involving aliens?

The last few times I have asked this, silence ensued... but I live in hope..

Good luck, Chrlzs, I myself have asked that question never to receive a solid answer...

Cheers,

Badeskov

An obvious question is does a comparable increase in sightings occur just south of the border to these provinces?

• 1 month later...

I really have to tell you that I have been cheated by UFOs or rather lack of them.

For the last 15 years I have cruised my sailing catamaran often at night as well as day. In all these many hours of sailing up on deck I HAVE NEVER SOON A UFO. Ok I have seen many flying objects , but all identified. I wish to protest to the negligence of the UFO controller.

• Like 1

Good luck, Chrlzs, I myself have asked that question never to receive a solid answer...

Cheers,

Badeskov

It's because some people believe quantity trumps quality where the 'truth' is concerned. They don't have a single solid case though they will tell you of numerous questionable cases and assume that the truth must be buried in there somewhere because 'look at how many there are'!

Personally, I don't get it.

• Like 1

Sightings doubled in 2012?

heres the news from April. 2012

OTTAWA - The air force will expand testing of drones over Canadian soil this year, giving itself — and potentially law-enforcement agencies — more eyes in the sky.

But a legal expert warns the emerging technology needs close study and clear restrictions when it's not being used to wage war.

Unmanned aerial vehicles or UAVs have become the weapon of choice for the U.S. in strikes against al-Qaida, and the Americans are stepping up their use along the Canadian border.

Errol Mendes, a University of Ottawa law professor and former adviser to Paul Martin's government, says parliamentarians should have a close look at the emerging technology and consider the implications of their civilian use.

Mendes says lawmakers also need to consider whether drones should be armed.

Although the Canadian military used Israeli-made drones in Afghanistan for at least three years, their first use at home came last summer during an annual exercise in the Arctic.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1478529.html

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

yeah baby UFOs UFOs UFOs!!!!Canada your lucky.i wish i was there for this.almost over 2,000 UFO cases and these so called experts are still skeptical about it?what do you guys want little green men to land on your backyards and drop by to say hi or something?i am not saying to believe everything but don't dismiss it either or not research it

Yes, don't you as well? The skeptics want to believe in E.T. visitation as well, and I believe spend considerably more energy researching cases than the non-questioning blind faithers. Ask any person you consider a skeptic if there are cases they can not find a rational and prosaic explanation to debunk a claim. You will be surprised with the response. Considering the state of Ufology, i think it would benefit even believers to take a skeptical position when investigating a claim. There is just to much tripe and bogus material to wade through to take all these sightings at face value

• Like 1

I really have to tell you that I have been cheated by UFOs or rather lack of them.

For the last 15 years I have cruised my sailing catamaran often at night as well as day. In all these many hours of sailing up on deck I HAVE NEVER SOON A UFO. Ok I have seen many flying objects , but all identified. I wish to protest to the negligence of the UFO controller.

Take a trip to Norway and maybe you can still see these things which REGULARLY appear in the skies, use the nav bar on left to find more images/vids etc etc

http://www.hessdalen.org/pictures/

the story

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2