Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smelly Foam Oozes Through Cracks in Streets

Still Waters

Something very strange started oozing out of the streets in the Chinese city of Nanjing on Saturday night. Generally, when weird things start erupting from the ground in Asian countries it’s in the form of a giant b-movie monster, but this invasion was a whole lot realer, and a whole lot smellier.

http://whofortedblog...hinese-streets/

• Like 4

An investigation has been started into the case of the smelly ooze, but so far, the only rational explanation that officials can come to is that the ‘Godzilla barf’ might be related to nearby subway construction, though even that theory hasn’t answered many questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Smelly

Oozing foam

Cracks

Subway contruction

China

Sorry, where is the mystery here?

• Like 2

That looks nasty, probably more of China's pollution problems.

• Like 1

That's definitely construction waste looks like watered down plaster and concrete concrete mix that can't set. I remember working on a building site where there was an elevator shaft that kept getting flooded and people kept throwing there waste in it.

At around 9PM, pedestrians began to notice the pavement at the Wende Baiyun Lane cross intersection started to crack and split open, and before long, a foamy white substance was spewing from the cracks, brining with it a foul-smelling stench. Within a short time, the foam had spread to a 50 meter radius and stood a foot high.

from op link

Nanjing is an old ancient city ...

Early history

Nanjing was one of the earliest established cities in what is now China. According to legend,[which?]Fu Chai, Lord of the State of Wu, founded a fort named Yecheng (冶城) in today's Nanjing area in 495 BCE. Later in 473 BCE, the State of Yue conquered Wu and constructed the fort of Yuecheng (越城) on the outskirts of the present-day Zhonghua Gate. In 333 BCE, after eliminating the State of Yue, the State of Chu built Jinling Yi (金陵) in the western part of present-day Nanjing. Under the Qin and Han dynasties, it was called Moling (秣陵). Since then, the city had experienced destruction and renewal many times.

wiki link

If its industrial or modern pollution waste they'll know and it won't be a mystery to them :

A short time later, the strange substance stopped leaking and the remnants that weren’t quickly washed into the sewers retreated back into the one centimeter wide cracks in the road, leaving authorities baffled as to what the stinking foam could have been.

from op link

doesn't sound like pollution waste or plaster and concrete concrete mix to me ....

So they didn't take a sample and analysed it?!?

they would but I doubt we'll hear any of the results unless someone 'personally' requests for information and states why the information was needed //

lol

its just the way it works in China

• Like 1

I only came here cause I thought there has to be a good joke in the tittle. :w00t: Its definitely pollution of some type they need to find out what factories are dumping in that area.

Edited by CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Ughhhh, I really shouldn't open threads with smelly, oozing, leaking, or anything gross in the title before breakfast.

GROSS.

• Like 2

Ughhhh, I really shouldn't open threads with smelly, oozing, leaking, or anything gross in the title before breakfast.

GROSS.

breakfast??

it's not even midnight here!!

if it's tomorrow where you are now, gimme the lottery numbers, i'll go put 'em on, then when it's tomorrow here today and they come up, we can split the winnings 50/50!!

(whaddya mean that's not how it works?!)

*sob*

• Like 1

breakfast??

it's not even midnight here!!

if it's tomorrow where you are now, gimme the lottery numbers, i'll go put 'em on, then when it's tomorrow here today and they come up, we can split the winnings 50/50!!

(whaddya mean that's not how it works?!)

*sob*

8:30 am here, and the numbers are-7.10.11.15.3.1.

Half and half is fine with me, don't know why nobodies thought of this before. :tu:

• Like 1

It's Thursday morning.

It's psychic ooze like in Ghostbusters 2....

The land is angry that people just keep breeding and taking and no one is giving love back...perhaps she will throw a hissy fit soon as her warning seems to be getting laughed at....

Yet another reason to never visit china.

Did anyone drive through it or walk through it before they cordoned it off? I would be checking to see if the car still had tires or the person was still alive or still had feet. Looks gross to me Maybe it's alien ooze! :alien: They are in China and watching you!

LOL aren't human beings hilarious? Mysterious, smelly foam oozes out of the nether regions of the city and people flock right up to it! lol

All you have to say is, "mysterious smelly ooze" and I'm gone... most likely to a dark corner to throw up. I have a weak constitution... lol

• Like 1

LOL aren't human beings hilarious? Mysterious, smelly foam oozes out of the nether regions of the city and people flock right up to it! lol

All you have to say is, "mysterious smelly ooze" and I'm gone... most likely to a dark corner to throw up. I have a weak constitution... lol

Who says horror movies never depict people in a realistic manner? The Blob, anyone?

Poke it with a pointy stick!

• Like 1

Who says horror movies never depict people in a realistic manner? The Blob, anyone?

Poke it with a pointy stick!

LOL! It is a scene plucked directly from the silver screen! Poke it with a stick syndrome.

And reminds me of your short story in the writer's forum, The Girl Who Didn't Leave Skidmarks. lol in a roundabout way.

Don't look now ... but behind you ....

~blood curdling scream~

Don't look now ... but behind you ....

~blood curdling scream~

Is it ... Donald Trump?

Is it ... Donald Trump?

Just his soggy wig ... give it a spin in the dryer will you .. ?

• Like 1

Just his soggy wig ... give it a spin in the dryer will you .. ?

Ok, now that is terrifying! I wouldn't touch that nasty thing.

• Like 1