Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain's first full-time mermaid

Still Waters

Teenager Sophie Elphick is taking the plunge with a career with a difference - as Britain's first full-time MERMAID.

The 16 year-old has always loved the open water after growing up on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.

And after hearing that Australian model Hannah Fraser was making a living as a mermaid she decided there was only one job for her.

http://uk.news.yahoo...;_ylv=3#HUKrRCS

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweetpumper

• Michelle

• Still Waters

• Taun

I'm not sure how much of a demand there is for this sort of publicity action in England (I don't want to call it a stunt)... But more power to her, and best of luck for going ahead with her dream...

If it doesn't pan out for her all she's lost is a bit of time while still a teen, but if it pays off....

Edited by Taun

I wanna be Captain America. Think I can make a living at that?

• Like 1

How fun! Everybody should go for what they love to do. She is still young enough to find out if it will pan out or not. She may have found a niche that no one knew was open. If nothing else she could make enough money after school to help pay for college.

The story sounds a little fishy to me. I want to make a living playing Iron Man.