Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stargate Reality

orbhunterx

All I ever heard about a real code name "stargate" prior to the film was that ancient star maps were found that showed details of another star system that we could not map in detail until after outer atmosphere telescopes! Some military project did have that name as to what it was all about, who really knows. The word stargate was translated from what the Egytians used for the "gods" gate going to and from that system and the SF movie writers ran with it. I doubt very much there is a real stargate that was found and is operational being used by the military. However, I believe ancient civilization on earth had more knowledge then we ever give them credit, but there's not enough evidence to believe this story at all.

• Like 1

Oh dear.. yet another show that people seem to take seriously..

I do like how it was identified to being Atlantean in origin ...

A quick question.. do you understand anything about Quantum mechanics.. M theory or String theory?

Just to give you a brief rundown.. Yes in theory wormholes are theoretically possible in the quantum scale ie.. smaller then the micro scale.. basically its a tearing of spacetime.. just think of it as a needle pushing into clay.. so it pushes aside spacetime around it.. it is a wonderful concept..

but there is something that stargate and the shows that use a similar them.. when you punch a hole in spacetime like that.. you are shoving aside the substance of spacetime.. mass.. gravity.. time so on and so forth.. which like dropping a stone into a lake of water.. it will cause ripples.. like gravity waves.. the kind of gravity wave that would be picked up by seismic sensors..

do you see what I am getting at here?

<snip>

Just to give you a brief rundown.. Yes in theory wormholes are theoretically possible in the quantum scale ie.. smaller then the micro scale.. basically its a tearing of spacetime.. just think of it as a needle pushing into clay.. so it pushes aside spacetime around it.. it is a wonderful concept..

<snip>

Actually to the best of my knowledge you can make them as large as you want to. The caveat is that to be kept stable it requires exotic matter, matter with a negative energy density and that is, to put it mildly, exceeding rare. In fact, it has never been shown to exist at all.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Actually to the best of my knowledge you can make them as large as you want to. The caveat is that to be kept stable it requires exotic matter, matter with a negative energy density and that is, to put it mildly, exceeding rare. In fact, it has never been shown to exist at all.

Cheers,

Badeskov

your quite correct.. the thing to remember is the bigger the hole the bigger the ripple effect.. and the amount of energy needed to open something like the stargate worm hole is just a tad.. extreme.. This is what I find amusing about posts like this one and others I have seen.. is they see it on tv and think it must be possible without actually understanding the basics..

your quite correct.. the thing to remember is the bigger the hole the bigger the ripple effect.. and the amount of energy needed to open something like the stargate worm hole is just a tad.. extreme.. This is what I find amusing about posts like this one and others I have seen.. is they see it on tv and think it must be possible without actually understanding the basics..

Oh, completely agree then :) And the energy requirements are indeed a bit..uhm...excessive :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Pardon me, but your ignorance is showing.

LOL

There are many other oral and written traditions that point to the reality of Atlantis.

If anyone is interested in learning of that, look to:

1) Vedic texts regarding Tripura.

2) Cherokee oral tradition.

3) Genetic information on Haploid X.

4) Edgar Casey on Atlantis.

5) Mayan, Incan and other American historical information.

6) Information on a cometary bombardment that ended the last ice age.

7) Tibetan textural references.

8) Vitrified forts.

9) Radioactive remains of the cities of the Rama Empire.

Good Hunting!

It appears that your ignorance is far more baltant than anything you are accusing others of. Supporting fables with myth and other fables? Why do you suppose the titles you offered are a staple on woo wo sites?

These people have about as much proof as Ignatius Donnelley did. None, just a wild imagination and a charismatic sales approach. If you insist they are genuine, I'd be more than happy to debate each point in turn if you like.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

One issue to add: I never understood how one controls where the other end of the wormhole ends up....

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

One issue to add: I never understood how one controls where the other end of the wormhole ends up....

Cheers,

Badeskov

Or how one would regulate traffic, what would keep molten iron or an entire ocean from pouring back through if a wormhole happened to open inside a planet somewhere? How would a pressure differential affect matter entering or exiting a wormhole? I admit that theoretical objects like wormholes are beyond my ken but it seems highly naive to think we could simply open a hole and just waltz through it.

All I ever heard about a real code name "stargate" prior to the film was that ancient star maps were found that showed details of another star system that we could not map in detail until after outer atmosphere telescopes! Some military project did have that name as to what it was all about, who really knows. The word stargate was translated from what the Egytians used for the "gods" gate going to and from that system and the SF movie writers ran with it. I doubt very much there is a real stargate that was found and is operational being used by the military. However, I believe ancient civilization on earth had more knowledge then we ever give them credit, but there's not enough evidence to believe this story at all.

You probably are referring to the Dogon Tribe, which traces its origins back to Egypt. The star system in that regard would be Sirius, where the beings known as the Nommos reportedly came from.

Perhaps the biblical story of the fiery furnace was also a Stargate located in Babylon, probably left over from the even earlier culture of the Sumerians.

Edited by orbhunterx

It appears that your ignorance is far more baltant than anything you are accusing others of. Supporting fables with myth and other fables? Why do you suppose the titles you offered are a staple on woo wo sites?

These people have about as much proof as Ignatius Donnelley did. None, just a wild imagination and a charismatic sales approach. If you insist they are genuine, I'd be more than happy to debate each point in turn if you like.

The fact that I've had personal knowledge of the existence of Atlantis isn't a belief to me, its an awareness of the truth.

Oh dear.. yet another show that people seem to take seriously..

I do like how it was identified to being Atlantean in origin ...

A quick question.. do you understand anything about Quantum mechanics.. M theory or String theory?

but there is something that stargate and the shows that use a similar them.. when you punch a hole in spacetime like that.. you are shoving aside the substance of spacetime.. mass.. gravity.. time so on and so forth.. which like dropping a stone into a lake of water.. it will cause ripples.. like gravity waves.. the kind of gravity wave that would be picked up by seismic sensors..

do you see what I am getting at here?

Yes, I have studied Membrane Theory.

The level of technology that would be needed to mathmatically prove, and the engineering of such a Stargate device is obviously far outside our currently admitted skill set.

However, given many scientists agree wormholes could exist, getting one to be contained without loss of energy might also be possible if materials and some kind of shielding was developed.

If we threw a lot of time and money at the problem, we might be able to get to the point of making one within another 200 years.

Yet, if someone already created them in the distant past, grabbing any would be a top priority for anyone in the military who recognized the importance of such a find.

If that happened, as I've related, then of course we wouldn't know much about it, due to the very nature, the unknowns, and implications of what was found out.

Study of such an advanced relic could lead to an astonishing number of breakthroughs.

Unless someone with a deeper degree of knowledge of this postulated program is willing to share more with the rest of us, I'm the first to admit that proof is lacking, and so we are left to intelligently speculate.

Edited by orbhunterx

The fact that I've had personal knowledge of the existence of Atlantis isn't a belief to me, its an awareness of the truth.

Again, a link or two that supports this claim of "truth" would be nice. Where do you get your information from? Is it from wacky websites and science fiction movies, or credible scientific peer reviewed papers?

Im asking because for the rest of us here it can be important when forming an opinion about your extraordinary claims.

well colour me curious.

to my knowledge everything we know about Tlantis is third or fourth hand.

Phlil Coppins suggests that Atlantis wa in Britain.

Well had my laugh for the day.

well colour me curious.

to my knowledge everything we know about Tlantis is third or fourth hand.

Phlil Coppins suggests that Atlantis wa in Britain.

Over in the Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History section of this forum I've read Atlantis as being declared existing (along with dubious 'proofs') in Antarctica, Greenland, South America, North Africa, somewhere in the Mediterranean, various locations in the Atlantic, etc.

As to when it existed, a recent thread on the discovery of a granite bed off the coast of South America that may have been a landmass tens of millions of years ago was being touted by some as evidence of Atlantis. That pushes its time scale claims from existing anything from thousands to millions of years ago.

Atlantis seems to have existed everywhere and everywhen but here and now.

• Like 5

Pardon me, but your ignorance is showing.

LOL

There are many other oral and written traditions that point to the reality of Atlantis.

If anyone is interested in learning of that, look to:

1) Vedic texts regarding Tripura.

2) Cherokee oral tradition.

3) Genetic information on Haploid X.

4) Edgar Casey on Atlantis.

5) Mayan, Incan and other American historical information.

6) Information on a cometary bombardment that ended the last ice age.

7) Tibetan textural references.

8) Vitrified forts.

9) Radioactive remains of the cities of the Rama Empire.

Good Hunting!

In searching based on your terms (something I'm not required to do but I had some time) I find that the perceived connection of those terms with Atlantis exists only on fringe sites which themselves do not have any evidence to support their claims. So you are using unevidenced claims as evidence to support your claims. Talk about an epic fail.

One specific instance you mention that I will address is "6) Information on a cometary bombardment that ended the last ice age.", Yes there seems to have been a comet hit that resulted in the ice age lasting a bit longer than it would have http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/03/new-new-evidence-of-ice-age-comet-found-in-ice-cores/ Even with that the sea level rose slowly as the ice retreated, averaging but 1 meter (slightly over 3 feet) per century or about 18/100 ths of an inch per year. Hardly what would sink an island. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101201120605.htm

Without evidence to back up the claim it remains as just a story and personal belief.

This page has a variety of information on Stargates...

http://www.theliving...rgate/menu.html

With such luminaries as Von Daniken and Sitchin referenced on that site it's easy to see it for what it is....A work of fiction.

• Like 1

It interesting theory but stuff like this sound crazy when your trying to get UFOs taken serious.

Edited by ohio state buckeyes

Personal knowledge as in first hand? So you've been to Atlantis?

Do you believe all that to be real?

Some of it probably is while some is just different people's concepts on the subject.

[media=]

[/media]

Nothing in the movie is proof that star gates are real.

I like the part about the Michigan Labor Legacy Landmark supposedly being part of a star gate found in Egypt in 1984. I also like that they refer to it as a circular stone. It would be a surprise to the union workers who helped build the steel monument.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM82ZD_Michigan_Labor_Legacy_Landmark_Detroit_Michigan

I also like the comment that Richard Dean Anderson was supposedly made a real Brigadier General by the air force. He played one in the show but was not one in real life.