Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floating metal ball on top of baby's crib

Himawari69

Well, once again, I was told a UFO story from a local person just last night. This time he said it baseball sized white orb floating over the treetops. I asked him if it could be like fireworks or something, he said it was too slow moving and deffinitly was in control of its flight direction. Once again, I have no proof (nor do I know for sure if the person was being truthful), I just find it very odd all the small UFOs sighted in my region. They dont seem to be that common elsewhere.

I've heard of them before, in Guam I think. Oh, and the UK. Someone was having a sneaky smoke on the roof where they worked and a tiny green winged thing came out from behind the chimney pot. Edited by RingFenceTheCity

It's a mini lizard-bird. Thanks for the info. The metal-on-metal sound had often been attributed to the Black Dog at times of hanging at Bodmin prison, but now I know it's the winged variety of cryptid.

Here's a similar quote which mentions the sound of chains with a mystery cryptid:

hmm my aunt and I never considered a criptid, ive been talking to her about the incident these last few weeks, she still describes the ball as metalic and morphing constantly, ( I didnt tell her I was discussing her experience here of course) shes still convinced it was extraterrestrials and the baby is the center of attention whenever someone mentions ufos. Im thinking, what if it was a really small piece of a bigger ufo, like in chicken little, that might explain why it was morphing and changing, to glorfindel, intresting, it seems my aunt isnt alone in these experiences, kinda wish I was in your area now, I would really love to catch a glimps of these incidents personally.

hmm my aunt and I never considered a criptid, ive been talking to her about the incident these last few weeks, she still describes the ball as metalic and morphing constantly, ( I didnt tell her I was discussing her experience here of course) shes still convinced it was extraterrestrials and the baby is the center of attention whenever someone mentions ufos. Im thinking, what if it was a really small piece of a bigger ufo, like in chicken little, that might explain why it was morphing and changing, to glorfindel, intresting, it seems my aunt isnt alone in these experiences, kinda wish I was in your area now, I would really love to catch a glimps of these incidents personally.

I was similarly a little obsessed about these little cryptids a few years ago, although not now. I managed to find out where the local one had it's 'lair'. It was a narrow gap which led to an underground passage that was no longer used. I dropped a bag of sand just outside the entrance and the next day went to check for any prints. The lizard-bird would have had to hop over an obstacle before being able to fly vertically out of the location. I looked down and right before my eyes, some ten feet below or more, was a small two pronged print, the size of my fingers. I looked even closer and saw another fainter one by the wall. I could see where the critter had hopped and then pushed off the wall in one go. The print matched exactly what I had expected, see here Devil's Footprints.

P.S. I've deduced that they have a silver metallic-like colour above and black colour underneath. This is a video of two lizard-birds imv, where you can see the tail below the main ufo.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kg6mIAzeUGk[/media]

post-94765-0-34024600-1371803426_thumb.j

Edited by RingFenceTheCity
  • Like 1

Please beware that the video is fake and the image is computer programed

I was similarly a little obsessed about these little cryptids a few years ago, although not now. I managed to find out where the local one had it's 'lair'. It was a narrow gap which led to an underground passage that was no longer used. I dropped a bag of sand just outside the entrance and the next day went to check for any prints. The lizard-bird would have had to hop over an obstacle before being able to fly vertically out of the location. I looked down and right before my eyes, some ten feet below or more, was a small two pronged print, the size of my fingers. I looked even closer and saw another fainter one by the wall. I could see where the critter had hopped and then pushed off the wall in one go. The print matched exactly what I had expected, see here Devil's Footprints.

P.S. I've deduced that they have a silver metallic-like colour above and black colour underneath. This is a video of two lizard-birds imv, where you can see the tail below the main ufo.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kg6mIAzeUGk[/media]

hmm...maybe its related, maybe its not, theres really no way to tell, if only she took a picture...but i guess ill be frozen in shock to even think about a picture if I were to see a floating sphere myself. Intresting nonetheless, I wouldnt experiment like that for fear the thing might be real and follow me home, could it have been a normal lizard? The world really is full of mysterys indeed hmm...that reminds me of the reptilians, ive read in these forums some time ago of this girl that experienced err..." Sex" with large lizard like reptile thing, it made me doubt her and pass it off as a wild story that someone made up in hopes of getting attention, that is until I researched it and came across people with similar stories. It makes me wonder if perhaps lizard like reptiles shaped like humans are real and exsist in diffrent realms? No way to tell if what these people say is real tho...

Please beware that the video is fake and the image is computer programed

im not naive enouph to completely believe a youtube video thank you... Still intresting enouph to pounder

hmm...maybe its related, maybe its not, theres really no way to tell, if only she took a picture...but i guess ill be frozen in shock to even think about a picture if I were to see a floating sphere myself. Intresting nonetheless, I wouldnt experiment like that for fear the thing might be real and follow me home, could it have been a normal lizard? The world really is full of mysterys indeed hmm...that reminds me of the reptilians, ive read in these forums some time ago of this girl that experienced err..." Sex" with large lizard like reptile thing, it made me doubt her and pass it off as a wild story that someone made up in hopes of getting attention, that is until I researched it and came across people with similar stories. It makes me wonder if perhaps lizard like reptiles shaped like humans are real and exsist in diffrent realms? No way to tell if what these people say is real tho...

You're right about the ability to take photos. Even a normal animal will bolt as soon as you reach confidently for a strange shiney object. I've had the experience many atime, let alone if it were a super-sensory cryptid.

As to the other issue, it isn't a physical experience these people feel, which has been reported by both males and females, but a psychological one imv. I believe in the ability to detect when someone is gazing at you from behind. The feeling of being watched etc. It's only an extension of this phenomena, if real, to be able to experience feelings of intense positive emotion from a highly psychologically active cryptid. It's weird, yes, but in the realms of possibility. Incidentally, these occurrences are usually associated with the non-reptillian types, the orang-pendek-like cryptids for example.

Hey! I've just found another similar story for you: Floating/flying silver sphere/orbs?

I saw a floating silver ball in the sky at a low altitude right before a bad thunderstorm. At first I thought it was a balloon, but as I observed it I noticed it had no string, or any other features that a balloon would have. It was a perfect sphere.

I youtubed "silver orb" and found two separate news broadcasts from South America where silver orbs were flying in the sky. Very convincing videos, and the thing that I witnessed looked like it could be the same thing as in the videos.

What could it be, and has anyone else seen these yet?

This is best of the bunch imo

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFxvC7KM1_g[/media]

And this lady is very convincing:

im not naive enouph to completely believe a youtube video thank you... Still intresting enouph to pounder

Himawari69, I've just realised that you should perhaps suggest to your aunt to make sure that the baby's crib is not accessible through an open window at night. I've made a rather shocking connection between this incident and Sudden Infant Death syndrome. I've posted the alert in the Wikipedia talkpage section on SIDs. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Better safe than sorry imv.

Here is what I wrote:

"I saw this paper in relation to something else I was researching. The main part of the conclusion of the paper Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) related to Solar Activity through the Schumann Resonance mechanism is given below:"

Of course, it is not the sunspots on the surface of the sun that directly cause human

health effects, such as SIDS. So, how do spots on the sun cause Sudden Infant

Death Syndrome on earth? The sunspot number is a measure of solar activity that

produces ionizing particles, alpha and beta particles, and electromagnetic radiation of

X-Rays, microwaves and UV radiation. The X-Rays ionize the lowest layer of the

Ionosphere, the D-Region, Brekke (1997). The D-Region has an extremely significant

diurnal solar cycle, solar flare and 11-year sunspot cycle variations, Craig (1965). The

height of a particular electron density in the D-Region modulates the intensity of the

global Schumann Resonance signals, which have a strong diurnal cycle and are

closely related to solar storms and sunspot activity, Cherry (2002, 2003a). Human

brains, including infants, detect and respond to the Schumann Resonance signals,

with one reaction that reduces the pineal gland output of melatonin, Cherry (2002,

2003a,b,c). This causes human health effects including SIDS as this study confirms.

The analysis also confirms that the long-term changes over the solar cycle are

adaptively homeostatic.

"I have been pursuing a hypothesis that large Coronal Mass Ejections appear to increase the accident rate of aircraft around the world. I had the idea that biological entities native to Earth were intercepting aircraft due to the negative effects of solar radiation particles penetrating the atmosphere during the arrival of these solar outbursts. By coincidence I have been in a conversation with someone on-line who's aunt had a mystery experience in seeing a strange 'silver orb' floating above their baby's crib, Floating metal ball on top of baby's crib. I suggested that rather than her deduction of a possible "alien experience" it was more likely to be a winged-cryptid entity which I've previously identified as a 'lizard-bird'. I have only now put the two together to suggest another mechanism for the Schumann Resonance signals suggested by Dr Neil Cherry in the paper referenced above. It may be the behaviour of such hypothesised mini lizard-birds which is the crucial factor. [[special:Contributions/176.24.226.120|176.24.226.120]] ([[user talk:176.24.226.120|talk]]) 15:01, 22 June 2013 (UTC) Alan Lowey"

My dad saw a golden metallic ball many years ago. It floated across the sky and houses beneath were reflected in the metal ball. It was large about the size of a double decker bus.

Hey, don't assume all of these mysteries are "aliens".

• Like 1

Now, assuming the story you're telling is legit, there's your/her answer right there.

She was asleep and dreaming. She had a new baby, was no doubt sleep deprived, and simply THOUGHT she was awake.

Having four children I know as a new mom even when you are sleeping you are listening. It is never a deep sleep. You get that back once the kids leave for college. I have no doubt she heard something. We don't know a lot of stuff that goes on in this world. Having seen weird stuff in my life I don't disbelieve but I sure as heck would like to know what is going on that we are not aware of in this world.

• Like 2

I've just found another UM thread which is very relevant: Ball of light watching me sleep?

Once when I was younger, about 12 I think, I woke up in the middle of the night to a ball of light floating above me. When I opened my eyes it immediately took off around the corner. That was along time ago and I've never seen it again since. I was wandering if anyone has any ideas what this might have been or has had any similar experiences?

And an interesting reply:

This is very odd to find this thread. I have had this problem, if this is a problem ... and recently. I woke up choking and as I was sitting up in bed I saw a small round light flitting across the wall. This is the middle of the night and I am backed onto woods. So this was all very odd and I wondered if the light was choking me, I wondered if it was just coincidence that I was choking. I would like to think that this thing wasnt trying to hurt me. I have a digital camera to hand and will try to get a photo of it if I see it again. Well Done PinupGirl for getting a photo of it. Your light looks just like the one that I saw. Are we being invaded by some life form ??

And another:

When I was about 6 or 7 I woke up in the middle if the night and I saw a ball of light floating at the end of my bed. Being a little kid I was scared and covered my head with the blankets until I fell asleep again. I told my father about it the next day and he said that he had seen one when he was a child and it had freaked him out. Fast forward a couple of years to when me and my father were talking to his sister when the subject was brought up and she said that she has also seen one when she was little. I have no idea what they could be but I think it is strange that we have all seen one at about the same age.

And yet another:

I once had something like this happen to me as a child. I was 6 and my brother had just been born weeks before. I had fallen asleep in my moms bed and woke up in the middle of the night and saw a glowing ball hovering above my brother. I was very scared and kept trying to wake my mom by poking her but she wouldn't wake up. The more I looked at the light it looked like it was changing shape, and kinda looked like a baby lamb or something. It then moved very fast and went out the bedroom window. The second it had finally left I screamed lol and scared my mom probably more than I had been scared. For years we would always talk about the "round ghost".
  • Like 1

Here's more: floating blue orb

This is an odd detail about this blue orb thing. I sleep in a low loft, so the ceiling is just a little over 4 feet above my head. The orb was right up against the wood ceiling above me. It was glowing a soft blue color, but it did NOT illuminate the wood ceiling, just inches away.

Since I last posted on this thread, I have tried repeatedly to recreate this image by allowing myself to look at my bedside lamp, and then turn it off, guessing that it might be the after image on my retina. I can not recreate the effect, not even close. I inherently KNOW what that after image effect is, and this was decidedly different.

I too have had a blue orb experience. Mine happened quite some time ago, when I was about 11 years of age (I'm decidedly older than that now -in the "afternoon of my life," so to speak). Anyway, I had randomly gotten up in the middle of the night and saw this opaque blue orb hovering about two feet off the ground beyond my bedroom door. I was scared of course, but also totally mesmerized and just sat there staring at it for who knows how long. There was no noise whatsoever, none, and it just hovered motionless, pulsating. After a while, I decided to wake my brother up who was asleep in the bunk bed below me - I whisper-yelled at him and got nothing, and he just slumbered soundly away, not bothered in the least. The orb apparently wasn't bothered either and it just hung around slowly expanding and contracting until finally it did something totally unexpected. Out of nowhere the thing rapidly contrated and then exploded making this incredibly loud noise. It sounded like a stick of dynamite had gone off! It scared the hell of me, of course, but I was also kind of relieved as i was sure my family would come trotting out of their rooms wondering if the roof had just blown off. Curiously nobody had so much as fluffed their pillows and I was too damned scared to bother venturing out of my bed - so I just layed there listening to my heartbeat in complete shock until eventually I passed out. To this day this event still makes me go "hmm," and although I have entertained a variety of theories, I can't be sure what exactly went down that night. Recently I asked my mother about that night as we hadn't really discussed it at length before, despite the fact I had indirectly inquried about her experience mothering me around that time over the years. She told me that I had complained on a number of occasions about not being able to wake up anybody during the night, which creeped her out a little. She didn't say what I had told her my reason was for trying to wake everyone up during the nights, only that I had said this and that she was weirded out by it. And of course that's just like one of these narratives to not have a waking memory of ever having done that, and that too is certainly reason to promote some level of curiousity about such events. And it has...

Jan 22, 2012. I was sitting in my recliner watching the Last of the Harry Potter Series it was about 2:30 in the morning when I realized that I feel asleep and the show was still on. When I opened my eyes, I saw two transparent blue orbs floating. One looked like it was connected to the other. One was the size of a grapefruit and the other the size of a cherry. They were approximately 40 inches off the ground and in front of the TV which was on and the end of the movie was playing. The light was on so I knew that what I was seeing was not my eyes play tricks but I wanted to make sure, so I closed my eyes and reopened them. The orbs were still there. They began to move slowly and floated right through the window and were gone. I know I was not sleeping and I was not seeing things because I could see the TV right through the orbs as they moved.

Another site: Bright White Orb Of Light

As I couldn't sleep, and was painfully awake--and the only one, I might add--I just lay there thinking and trying to get more comfortable. Even with a camping air mattress under me, that root kept me awake.

With my eyes closed, I started seeing some sort of pattern under my eyelids; something bright, that made me open my eyes. As I was on my back, naturally when I opened my eyes I was looking straight up, out the tent's roof, and into the sky. What I saw there made me freeze.

There, at treetop level, just 15 feet above me, was a bright orb of light. It was the size of a softball or small grapefruit, perfectly round, and hovering right above the tent! Though I had seen those UFO shows with bright balls of light flitting across the screen, I had assumed they were faked. I'm a scientist by nature and study, and believe those sorts of things only when I see them. Though UFO theory has always piqued my interest, that's about it. I never gave much credit to the theories, or to the white balls of light--until I saw one.

My orb, however, did not act like the balls of light I'd seen in many videos and had heard of in many descriptions. It would slowly follow a straight line about 5 feet long, and then the light would go out for a few seconds, and return. Each time this happened, the orb would appear at a different spot, follow the straight line again, and go out. It was like a humongous firefly, but with bright white light, and perfectly round. This went on for literally hours while I lay transfixed and immobile, not wanting to move or breathe. When I shut my eyes, I could see it moving, disappearing, and moving again. I would open my eyes again, and sure enough, it was still there. I did this many times, thinking I might be crazy. But I'm not crazy. I'm a rational, scientific person, and what I was seeing was something that I could not explain--and still can't.

These are the best solid photos I've seen (P.S. I suspect that the transparent shots often seen in other photos are the after-glow when they've flitted away) Spirit Orbs.

The winged lizard-birds must be emanating a chemical which reacts with the air to produce a foggy cloaking effect. The white streaks in the close-up shot would be the spray of the chemical, just like an ant spraying formic acid from it's abdomen for example.

post-94765-0-08385200-1371980537_thumb.j

Many orbs, and a strange "winged" orb

Published on Mar 1, 2013

These orbs are in my daughter's bedroom. Towards the end, there is a strange, double or winged looking orb. I've never seen one like it! My neighborhood is the site of a previous settlement, with slaves quarters and an old church nearby. The feeling we get from this activity is non-threatening, and our animals (cats and dogs) don't seem to be alarmed by it, either. My whole house has this level of activity, as if hundreds are just coming and going, passing through.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by RingFenceTheCity

You're right about the ability to take photos. Even a normal animal will bolt as soon as you reach confidently for a strange shiney object. I've had the experience many atime, let alone if it were a super-sensory cryptid.

As to the other issue, it isn't a physical experience these people feel, which has been reported by both males and females, but a psychological one imv. I believe in the ability to detect when someone is gazing at you from behind. The feeling of being watched etc. It's only an extension of this phenomena, if real, to be able to experience feelings of intense positive emotion from a highly psychologically active cryptid. It's weird, yes, but in the realms of possibility. Incidentally, these occurrences are usually associated with the non-reptillian types, the orang-pendek-like cryptids for example.

Hey! I've just found another similar story for you: Floating/flying silver sphere/orbs?

This is best of the bunch imo

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFxvC7KM1_g[/media]

And this lady is very convincing:

yikes, those orange criptids sure are creepy! And here I thought these beings were getting perverted haha Thanks for the link and intresting videos, the incidents sure are similar, and just by looking at the ladys expression, shes not fooling around. She is indeed convincing, these incidents have been witnessed by many I see, great vids! dont worry about the baby, her crib is across the window, not under it, thanks for your concern tho.

Very well said minera, I too believe there are many things out there that we're not even aware of, and very intresting stories ring, there are so many possibilities as to what it could be, I wonder why it was with the baby...hmm

Those are confirmed to be birds....really this guy makes stuff up...

Do you think Himawari69's aunt made up her story too?
This happened to my aunt, not me, but her experience was pretty bizzare so I want to share it. My aunt recently gave birth to her second baby girl, so she got a crib next to her bed to sleep with her.Well one night she claimed to have heard what sounded like metal clashing against metal ( like sharpening a knife with another knife) she was asleep with her husband and when she got up and turned to the baby's crib there was a dozen little pieces of metal held together in a ball and it was moving rapidly, floating on top of the crib. She was about to scream but it flashed and flew staight through the window. She told us this a while back so now we all tell her why she didnt take a picture with her phone and she says she was too shocked. We all joke about it and say it was an "alien" trying to play with her or whatever... My aunt is convinced it was an extraterrestrial thing, what do you guys think? I'm sure she didnt imagine it
  • Like 1

well if theyre birds wheres your proof? You have to back up your statements you know...

well if theyre birds wheres your proof? You have to back up your statements you know...

The habitual naysayer narrative just repeats itself because they've never had an experience like it themselves and they don't have an open mind. They tell lies themselves and so assume that other people do too, even though it doesn't make sense to make stuff like this up. We'll win in the end of course. What I want to do is capture one of these white fireflies and also one of the hand-sized green winged entities, see this amazing clip below. I think that the bigger green ones are eating the smaller white bug-like ones. We'll be helping thousands of people worldwide who have had negative experiences with the larger versions of these winged critters. Please help if you can.

• Like 2

Because its Logical explanation and it has been on UFO programs before. I dont need to look for it.

Where's on the other hand i dont pretend that creatures that don't exist or anything else like that to make it exist.

Also I don't post videos all the time.

But your Metal ball could be a fly or a dust particle.