Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my New theory for for some ET experiences

Ever Learning

These are not my beliefs even tho I thought of them lol but just thought I'd entertain the idea :)

Just had a thought about how most ET sightings have been mocked because peoples depictions of aliens have matched the ones of block buster movies. My theory, crazy as it is and only based on others anecdotal evidence, is that the aliens we have seen, have have only been artificial intelligence created by aliens.

I've been thinking about how we send information of earth on probes, such as music and art and what ever else we think would best represent earth. What if these were a.I's sent to gather or give information.

if this were true and aliens did have intelligent a.I's to gather information or produce information, it would make sense how aliens can travel so fast with out damaging themselves and why why there are so many cases of people stepping on to to a ship to encounter a single room that seems to be just for the purpose of meeting them. Why would an alien ship consist of only one table and two chairs.

The reason a.I s might take forms of blockbuster aliens or humanoid aliens is because it better suits us when being interacted with.

if it was an a.i program it would explain why their has been so much individual contact but no world contact.

Aliens might not even be aware or a.I's making contact or the alien civilization might be long extinct, with the a.I's still sweeping the unknown universe for info.

Just a thought but i felt like sharing lol, what do you think?

Apologies for my grammar, it's late :)

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 4

I think this is a legitimate theory, especially if the aliens back on their home planet were a long-lived species. It would be much more efficient to send out thousands or even millions of AI probes into the galaxy.

• Like 3

Going to bed for now but looking forward to checking UMers comments in the morning :)

Since alien sightings have been around before Hollywood I wonder if they are trying to make them as close to peoples descriptions of them as they can.

Maybe they are extinct, at least the ones that use to come here when we were living in caves. Maybe they are why modern man stepped onto the stage. They wanted something of their race to survive.

Since alien sightings have been around before Hollywood I wonder if they are trying to make them as close to peoples descriptions of them as they can.

Maybe they are extinct, at least the ones that use to come here when we were living in caves. Maybe they are why modern man stepped onto the stage. They wanted something of their race to survive.

I think the a.I's don't plan what they will depict them self as but analyse the human for his preferred or comprendable version of an alien. That's why there's Wookie looking Bigfoot aliens and blonde haired tall ones. ( for the subconscious master race thinkers ;) kidding, I think. Lol Edited by Armchair Educated

This is interesting to say the least, far exceeds the possibility of advanced A.I. traveling such vast distances and randomly finding us before we even knew how to send a carrier pidgeon much less a radio transmission. Perhaps they did send multiple probes out to every planet or solar system they deemed would be possible to sustain life, i could see us doing that eventually, heck we already may have one in interstellar space at this very moment and another on its way. Odds are if your theory or guess or whatever were true, judging by what we know of the speed of light they may not know we were here or may be already dead themselves due the time it would take for the message be received. So yes speculation is very fun, but i would find this more feasible than the gray alien that haunted my nightmares after watching Communion for the first time as a child.

von neumann had the same kind of idea AE, where advanced races would send out robot probes into deep space for exploration. the machines were able to replicate and repair themselves on the journey, and they gave us the concept of self-replicating nano-machines that some people still call 'von neumann machines'!

• Like 2

This is interesting to say the least, far exceeds the possibility of advanced A.I. traveling such vast distances and randomly finding us before we even knew how to send a carrier pidgeon much less a radio transmission. Perhaps they did send multiple probes out to every planet or solar system they deemed would be possible to sustain life, i could see us doing that eventually, heck we already may have one in interstellar space at this very moment and another on its way. Odds are if your theory or guess or whatever were true, judging by what we know of the speed of light they may not know we were here or may be already dead themselves due the time it would take for the message be received. So yes speculation is very fun, but i would find this more feasible than the gray alien that haunted my nightmares after watching Communion for the first time as a child.

Thanks for your comment

I would love to hear about your experience of the grey alien in your nightmares after communion, please pm about it. Would love to hear as many details as your willing to share.

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

von neumann had the same kind of idea AE, where advanced races would send out robot probes into deep space for exploration. the machines were able to replicate and repair themselves on the journey, and they gave us the concept of self-replicating nano-machines that some people still call 'von neumann machines'!

Very cool stuff, thanks for the info, will check out von Neumann in the morning.

• Like 1

These are not my beliefs even tho I thought of them lol but just thought I'd entertain the idea :)

Just had a thought about how most ET sightings have been mocked because peoples depictions of aliens have matched the ones of block buster movies. My theory, crazy as it is and only based on others anecdotal evidence, is that the aliens we have seen, have have only been artificial intelligence created by aliens.

I've been thinking about how we send information of earth on probes, such as music and art and what ever else we think would best represent earth. What if these were a.I's sent to gather or give information.

if this were true and aliens did have intelligent a.I's to gather information or produce information, it would make sense how aliens can travel so fast with out damaging themselves and why why there are so many cases of people stepping on to to a ship to encounter a single room that seems to be just for the purpose of meeting them. Why would an alien ship consist of only one table and two chairs.

The reason a.I s might take forms of blockbuster aliens or humanoid aliens is because it better suits us when being interacted with.

if it was an a.i program it would explain why their has been so much individual contact but no world contact.

Aliens might not even be aware or a.I's making contact or the alien civilization might be long extinct, with the a.I's still sweeping the unknown universe for info.

Just a thought but i felt like sharing lol, what do you think?

Apologies for my grammar, it's late :)

I think many people have had this thought, including the writers of Star Trek who seems to have a similar storyline for the episodes Warhead and Dreadnaught. Not to mention Jon Von Nuemman, who has already been mentioned.

• Like 4

I think many people have had this thought, including the writers of Star Trek who seems to have a similar storyline for the episodes Warhead and Dreadnaught. Not to mention Jon Von Nuemman, who has already been mentioned.

Glad to be one of many, what star trek series? One of my friends says I might enjoy startrek

• Like 3

I think one problem would be that after thousands or millions of years these AI robot probes would deteriorate, possibly with a detrimental change to their original program. At some point they would have to rejuvenate themselves or replicate.

2. Countless self-replicating machines of all technological generations made by millions of civilizations would spread out like space techno-cancer, devastating almost everything they encounter, self-replicating themselves following their code to reproduce.

Carl Sagan and William Newman have argued that no civilization would dare build such machines for fear that they would mutate into monsters that would destroy the entire Galaxy

Edit: I've lost the link to the page I quoted.

Edited by StarMountainKid

Glad to be one of many, what star trek series? One of my friends says I might enjoy startrek

'Dreadnaught' and 'Warhead' were both episodes of ST:Voyager, and yes, you'd probably love star trek AE, after all, a billion geeks can't ALL be wrong, can we?!

:-)

• Like 3

I agree, you are certainly in good company. Warhead and Dreadnaught are from the Voyager Series. I thoroughlyrecommend Star Trek, but personally never took to the Deep Space Nine series, it's a bit more like a Sci Fi Soap I reckon.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I like this theory, but the question begs would aliens create something they couldnt recall?

I like this theory, but the question begs would aliens create something they couldnt recall?

It would seem pointless to send out probes on a one-way trip, unless the probe would land, say hello and provide information about their senders.

Maybe they are recalled and give information about what they've found. What their senders may do with this information I'll leave to the imagination.

Then again we could be the Aliens that were sent out to populate a planet ? :alien::tu:

It would seem pointless to send out probes on a one-way trip, unless the probe would land, say hello and provide information about their senders.

Maybe they are recalled and give information about what they've found. What their senders may do with this information I'll leave to the imagination.

I guess a lot of that to would depend on how fast the probes could move through space, I think it was mentioned that the senders of the probes could possibly be extinct.

I [/size]thoroughly recommend Star Trek, but personally never took to the Deep Space Nine series, it's a bit more like a Sci Fi Soap I reckon.

bet you still watched it though.....?

;-)

A very good theory. Perhaps it is some type of virtual reality simulation and if so that would certainly explain why these beings can appear and disappear at will.

That's a good and sensible way to look at things. Your theory combines varied theories into one theory. Skeptics claim that people get their ideas, about the appearances of ETs, from pop culture, which is true to a great extent. Maybe, like you say, the ETs shape their forms to fit these ideas. There might be a chicken and egg thing too. Do ETs shape some parts of pop culture, as in the Grays? Does pop culture lead people to expect to see ETs *as* Grays? Your theory seems to combine the two suppositions.

Just had a thought about how most ET sightings have been mocked because peoples depictions of aliens have matched the ones of block buster movies. My theory, crazy as it is and only based on others anecdotal evidence, is that the aliens we have seen, have have only been artificial intelligence created by aliens

A similar thought actually came to me about this but had to rule it out based on reports.

There was one good debunker page comparing ET encounters to past sci-fi movies and TV shows. Some of these encounters bare a striking similarity. The problem is others don't.

The other problem is you see a huge commanility in reports even though the appearances of the actual being may vary.

An example would be the one piece tight fitting coverall:

a391.gif

ffr97.jpg

gaynor.gif

The craft also seem to be similar in a lot of ways. It's almost like there is a system of technology or standardization that works and this is reflected in reports.

For me it is more likely that our conception of space and what can be achieved through space travel is very primitive. "Dark matter" and "dark energy" is still being debated. So the Universe we undertand with NASA sending a rocket into outerspace and what the universe really is may be two different things. Certain aspects of science fiction could be true such as long distance space travel in a short span of time.

outer-space_00412137.jpg

The key to unlocking these secrets is in what is being kept secret from the public. The ET's, ET technology.

When you are talking about artificial intelligence that term can be deceptive. There really isn't any computer that can match the sophistication of the human brain. We tend to have a Moore's Law look at technology and it is a very materialistic way to look at things. If you really want to see something that is highly advanced take a look around you. The biological life on this planet has adapted and survived for millions of years. Far longer than any machine or computer.

Edited by topsecretresearch

Something else that I've learned from reading CE III and abduction reports that a more advanced space faring race may not be as utopian and glamourus as we would like to think. Like in the movie Planet Of The Apes this could be the reason for the secrecy. A lot of the things you enjoy today as a more primitive society may not be there in the future and the aliens may be toward the end of their very existance roaming the galaxy having to create hybrid biological entities in order to survive. There may be a lack of indviduality in their own culture compared to a planetary culture in the pentacle of its modern evolution still enjoying that innocence.