Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy Suspended for Pointing Pencil Like a Gun

CRYSiiSx2

A seven-year-old Virginia boy was suspended for pretending a pencil was a gun at his Suffolk school.

Christopher Marshall apologized for the incident, but the school has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to weapons or threats of weapons.

The boy's father is furious.

"Enough is enough. I mean, where will we draw the line?" said Paul Marshall. " I mean, a pencil. Was it sharpened? Was it not? Was it a No. 2? What's the big deal?"

I'm sick of complete stupid ass morons having authority. This country is beyond repair...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Va-Boy-Suspended-for-Pointing-Pencil-Like-Gun-206390721.html

• Like 5

Stupid, are there any moderates out there anymore? Do they have a brain? NoBrainsHere.gif

It's like a witch hunt.

• Like 3

For ****s sake.

If my kid ever got suspended for that (You know when he goes to school) I'd go to school with him the next day to make sure he got an education. Kids have been making fake guns with there hands and sticks and what have you for centuries. Before that it was fake swords.

Seriously smarten the **** up and teach something... or stop being teachers.

• Like 6

If my kid ever got suspended for that (You know when he goes to school) I'd go to school with him the next day to make sure he got an education. Kids have been making fake guns with there hands and sticks and what have you for centuries. Before that it was fake swords.

Seriously smarten the **** up and teach something... or stop being teachers.

It's getting out of hand. I wish I was born a generation earlier. My Uncle would bring his guns to shop class to customize his stocks and stuff. Now you can't point a pencil? Seems like the only state with common sense left is Texas, as far as I hear anyway.

• Like 2

It's getting out of hand. I wish I was born a generation earlier. My Uncle would bring his guns to shop class to customize his stocks and stuff. Now you can't point a pencil? Seems like the only state with common sense left is Texas, as far as I hear anyway.

You seem to be hearing right.

wait ... you can do that now?

Awesome! :P

My school's got a rule "no guns or pretend guns". Perhaps the same is true for that school and it was the straw that broke the camel's back and he was a serial troublemaker.

Or it's the madness you all think it is.

From teachers, school administrators and lawyers came up with unfair and idiotic school rules my children will put up with. I remember in the 90s when in my high school classroom a teacher I knew of won't do anything if a student uses the middle finger or does the Hitler salute as a joke, both I find more obscene and offensive than pointing a finger (or in this case, a pencil) imitating a gun...especially from a 7-year old kid.

We do teach etiquette and tolerance in our schools, then again to point a finger or pencil resembling a gun today reminds us of school shootings like Columbine and Sandy Hook more recently, the child gets suspended or punished in ways to not make sense. The pencil to simulate a weapon is innocent "child's play" and shouldn't be taken too seriously in school.

Pointing a finger at people is rude for one thing, and startles people to feel intimidated or threatened. Do we teach a child who's age 7 they should be sent to the principal's office or sent home for that? NO...teachers ought to tell him "do not point your finger at people", simple as that, my own oldest of 2 of 3 kids are taught to not randomly point fingers at people.

Edited by Mike D boy

My school's got a rule "no guns or pretend guns". Perhaps the same is true for that school and it was the straw that broke the camel's back and he was a serial troublemaker.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you are, I feel bad for you.

Look out, the kid has an imagination.

• Like 2

I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you are, I feel bad for you.

Poe's Law in action - I'm not serious about calling the idea of suspensions for pencil guns awesome, but I am serious about how my school does have a "no pretend gun" rule (although to my knowledge noone has been suspended for it, it's just a "litter duty" level offence) and how the pretend gun could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Not enough information to make the call IMO.

• Like 1

schools are not dong anyone a favor.

a kid gets in trouble for pointing a finger, or "pretend gun"

than goes home turns tv on and sees guns, murders, violence, etc.

than plays x box or playstation, and games encourage him, to commit pretend violence,

in this whole picture, schools looks like boring institution with its own reality, counterproductive rules, and completely ignoring reality outside its doors. . why would a kid want to go to such school?

in this whole picture, schools looks like boring institution with its own reality, counterproductive rules, and completely ignoring reality outside its doors. . why would a kid want to go to such school?

To get away from the cascade of violent imagery from the 6 o'clock horror show?

To learn?

To occupy their time while waiting to be old enough to be on the dole?

To become a lawyer or fireman or astronaut or whatever?

• Like 1

Good thing it didn't go off.

• Like 3

Seems like there has been some serious brainwashing going on over the last 20 years or so to make everyone think guns are evil. The sad part is it has worked on a large percentage of society.

I remember when I was a kid we would all be running around the streets, park, gardens and school playground playing with realistic looking guns. Some were cap guns and some fired rubber or plastic bullets.

Then we get ridiculous laws about toy guns not being allowed to look realistic, not being allowed in schools etc.

When I got a little bit older we would all take our airguns out in the fields and take turns using each others rifles or pistols. Now in Scotland there are laws the people have to have LICENSES FOR AIRGUNS AND BLACK WIDOW CATPULTS.

That's why I always laugh when some dunce claims "nobody is trying to take guns in America". They are, they're just doing it slowly.

Last week I overheard a conversation between a group of mother who had all banned their kids from having toy guns and had even taken away toy guns that their kids had been given as gifts.

Sometimes humanity just disgusts me.

• Like 2

To get away from the cascade of violent imagery from the 6 o'clock horror show?

To learn?

To occupy their time while waiting to be old enough to be on the dole?

To become a lawyer or fireman or astronaut or whatever?

naw, why do all that when i cam become a rapper,. make millions while i'm still in the teens, park my bently next to my teachers chevy, (or in their spot, and watch them do noting about it.) screw hottest girls in the schools,. and look at the rest of the kids and theachers as loosers.

Edited by aztek

That's right. :tu:

My guess is it's the damned lawyers. It's almost always the lawyers. It's ridiculous to do something like this to a 7 year old but if a tragedy occurred and someone said he exhibited signs of hostility or instability then the repercussions would be catastrophic financially. I want to be free. I don't want my hand held by the gubmint and have them trying to "keep me safe". As soon as this generation twigs to the idea that there IS NO safety that is guaranteed.
  • Like 2

Good thing it wasn't one of those mechanical pencils. Might have been considered a semi-auto. :w00t:

• Like 6

Poe's Law in action - I'm not serious about calling the idea of suspensions for pencil guns awesome, but I am serious about how my school does have a "no pretend gun" rule (although to my knowledge noone has been suspended for it, it's just a "litter duty" level offence) and how the pretend gun could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Not enough information to make the call IMO.

I agree. This may just be a case where the kid has been being a pain for a long time and this was the final straw. Of course certain groups would use this for propaganda to combat the crap the other sides spreads.

• Like 1

Massively dumb. It's a damn pencil.

yea, it is the tought that counts, lol

today he points a pencil, tomorow he'll shoot up the school.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Massively dumb. It's a damn pencil.

No it was a weapon of mass instruction.

No it was a weapon of mass instruction.

That's a good one! :)