Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love really CAN'T conquer all

Commander CMG

• Sergeant Rick Clement stepped on a mine in Helmand Province, Afghanistan
  • He lost both legs, but also the ability to have sex or have children
  • Rick and Leanne still married in 2011 hoping their love would be enough
  • But the relationship disintegrated and they are set to divorce

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 2

let's just hope the guy gets the psychiatric care & rehabilitation he obviously needs.

support for wounded vets in this country is s**t, and it's about time more was done to help people like this, it's a disgrace.

• Like 3

So many suicides and this is a prime example of a young man who literally has lost it all. I don't blame the girl, it would be a hard, challenging life and not all people are strong enough to do such a thing - better she leaves now than later. God bless him and keep him in his journey.

• Like 2

Hmmm....bit suspicious why this story (her side only) is accompanied by a full length photo of her in her party dress. Be interesting to hear his version of events.

• Like 1

What a piece of garbage. :td:

Sex isn't everything people....

can't blame the girl really it's tragic story however

the tragedy of the solider he choosed the job and knew the risks and took it

the girl also knows the difficulties of living with the man after his unfortunate event

and she simply decided she won't take that risk .. understandable

it's shame but can't really blame her

can't blame the girl really it's tragic story however

the tragedy of the solider he choosed the job and knew the risks and took it

the girl also knows the difficulties of living with the man after his unfortunate event

and she simply decided she won't take that risk .. understandable

it's shame but can't really blame her

Are you serious? This girl is a piece of garbage. What is it with people and thinking sex is everything in a relationship?

I'm not trying to blast anyone, so please forgive me. I just feel so sorry for this poor guy. I mean, my God, don't you think it's enough what he's gone through, but now his wife leaves him? I don't understand this at all. Sex and having children is not what defines a "man".

I would be PROUD to have a husband who served his country, and made such a sacrifice. That's bravery. :tu:

I hope this man is able to find a woman who will love him, and respect him. Obviously he deserves much better than this woman.

• Like 1

Are you serious? This girl is a piece of garbage. What is it with people and thinking sex is everything in a relationship?

I'm not trying to blast anyone, so please forgive me. I just feel so sorry for this poor guy. I mean, my God, don't you think it's enough what he's gone through, but now his wife leaves him? I don't understand this at all. Sex and having children is not what defines a "man".

I would be PROUD to have a husband who served his country, and made such a sacrifice. That's bravery. :tu:

I hope this man is able to find a woman who will love him, and respect him. Obviously he deserves much better than this woman.

The problem is that not all Brits are patriotic like you Americans are

• Like 1

The problem is that not all Brits are patriotic like you Americans are

? :huh:

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

After reading the article it seems to me that neither of them were to blame for the break-up. They gave it a go but somewhere along the line things went wrong. I'm not taking sides as it must have been very difficult for both of them. It sounded like she did her best, not everyone could have coped with his personal needs and being a full-time carer is very taxing. For his part I feel what happened to him got the better of him, his injuries etc. he was obviously very frustrated at what he could no longer do and had so much to learn to get back to any sense of normality, that in itself could have broken anyone's spirit, but he had her love and support at least in the early days.

It's a very sad story the way things turned out for both of them but it's their lives and not my place to judge. I wish them both the best of luck and I hope they find happiness wherever life takes them.

well there is nothing wrong with giving your opinion and i respect that

however am on the otherside of fence here to begin with i don't think that man was defending his country

he was invading another country

however just so i don't drag it off-topic if something like that happened with me " god forbids " :D

i would not have some one i love put up with it

he picked his way of life he picked the military and it's dangers thus such losses he should have expected

if he truely loved her he would have stayed with her instead of going to army in faraway place

if you actually look at it from otherview he left her for the army

you cannot force the poor woman to live with the guy

it's not that he is " less of a man " coz of his handicap he can be as man as he likes

however the woman life on stake here

should she choose she don't want to spend her life like that .. who are we to stop her ?

it's her right by all means

i wish them both good luck

Just a question, would you expect a man to stay married to a woman who was incapable of giving him sex and children?

Just a question, would you expect a man to stay married to a woman who was incapable of giving him sex and children?

Yes, I would.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything, but I just really think what this woman did was despicable. First off, I think she should have given marriage to him a REALLY good thinking through, because this is a big commitment, and she KNEW what she was getting into. Second, did she really expect the poor guy to just "snap out of it"?? It's going to take some TIME, and love and patience. Third, the article was VERY friggin biased so I have no idea what the guys point of view is, so we don't know the whole story. She could have said a lot of stuff to make herself look better.

I would also like to point out, sometimes these guys or women, will push away their loved ones on purpose. That's a possibility too.

But when you marry some one, you say "for better or worse, in sickness and in health"....When things get rough, you don't just pack your bags and say to heck with it. You keep working at it!

Don't get me wrong, I believe in divorce. It's just I wish people would think long and hard before they marry. It's almost like some people just divorce at the first sign of trouble, and that's not right. Just my opinion.