Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carlos “Halfy” Rodriguez

Abramelin

Carlos “Halfy” Rodriguez, a bad boy from Miami, Florida, who was left with half a head following a dramatic accident has spoken out for the first time – blaming his astonishing appearance on a drink and drugs binge.

Carlos “Halfy” Rodriguez, who also goes by the name Sosa, lost a large portion of his brain and skull in a crash after flying through his car’s windscreen and landing head-first on the road.

In a new video Carlos Rodriguez has used his appearance and story to warn others not to drink and take drugs.

Doctors were forced to cut away large amounts of flesh and bone to help Halfy survive and he has since been able to continue his life.

“I was barred out on drugs. I was driving and I hit a pole and flew out the front window and landed on my head,” Carlos Rodriguez said in a new warning message on You Tube.

Showing his head to camera the man added: “And this is how the old boy has come out. That is why it is not good drinking and driving or drugness (sic) and driving. It is no good kids.”

According to the German tabloid Bild, Carlos Rodriguez had the accident aged 14.

http://www.bellenews.com/2012/02/17/world/us-news/carlos-halfy-rodriguez-explains-how-he-was-left-with-half-a-head-after-crashing-car-while-being-stoned/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh41T4RVIIs

• Like 3

His head looks like a shelf, a good spot for his bong to sit on.

• Like 2

the good part is the 'full recovery' part. obviously his frontal lobes are gone, and they're supposed to be the good bit, so a full recovery just makes you realise how little we really understand about the ol' grey matter.....

• Like 4

I am just waiting for someone to claim he is an alien...

• Like 5

I think he must have lost his mind to be smoking marijuana in front of a camera. :unsure2:

• Like 4

i must be sick in the head because i find flombies choice of words to be very amusing.

• Like 2

Yeah the shape they left him with for his head brings all kinds of amusing things to mind. My mind. Not his. I doubt he's got room for much thought. Wasn't there a character/race on Star Trek whose head kinda looked like that? Hmmmm... now I'm gonna have to do some research.

Edited by Kasey2601
  • Like 1

Amazing that he even survived.

• Like 2

Wasn't there a character/race on Star Trek whose head kinda looked like that?

might you be thinking of d'lenn the mimbari woman from babylon 5 kasey?

• Like 1

might you be thinking of d'lenn the mimbari woman from babylon 5 kasey?

Minbari.jpg

Half+Head+Man.jpg

2807609420_fa1a3b33bc.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

cheers for the better picture ab, that REALLY shows how miraculous a full recovery is!!

:-o

(or else he's from mimbar....?)

:-)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

cheers for the better picture ab, that REALLY shows how miraculous a full recovery is!!

:-o

(or else he's from mimbar....?)

I don't think he's from Minbar, but they could use him as a minbar (no, not mini-bar) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minbar

• Like 1

He should grow an afro and have it cut into a full head shape. imo

• Like 4

Who cares if he's having a joint on camera, its like it matters? Its not like he's going to apply for a job.

• Like 1

Who cares if he's having a joint on camera, its like it matters? Its not like he's going to apply for a job.

he had a joint before he climbed into his car, and look where it got him.....

THAT certainly mattered!

• Like 3

I wonder what his nick-name was before he ended up being called 'halfy'

• Like 1

It shows his attitude quite clearly. Drugs, as it was already mentioned, got him where he is now and yet he goes around warning others about the dangers of drug use while he has a smirk on his face as he smokes a joint. He has learned nothing from his experience. I suppose he needs another accident where he is practically brain dead before his own message sinks through whatever he has left.

Yes, others will see this and might be hesitant to hire a person like this. I do not envy this man nor do I have much sympathy either.

• Like 2

The guy made the wrong decisions, failed major, got ***** up major, and now doesn't give a damn what people might think of him.

Yeah, I can understand his present attitude.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

Lofty.

• Like 3

fake!!!!!!!!

Lofty.

hahahahahahaha!

genius!!

• Like 1

It shows his attitude quite clearly. Drugs, as it was already mentioned, got him where he is now and yet he goes around warning others about the dangers of drug use while he has a smirk on his face as he smokes a joint. He has learned nothing from his experience. I suppose he needs another accident where he is practically brain dead before his own message sinks through whatever he has left.

i'll be the first to admit that I think my Temperance League membership might have been revoked, but I reckon that if I ended up with a head like a piece of 1960's furniature, i'd renounce my wicked ways and devote myself to a lifetime of goodly works.....

• Like 3

Did anyone notice that this story is over a year old? Andromedan Starseed's cry of fake!!!!!!!!! prompted me to look into the validity of the story because the news source isn't a well-known one. In the URL for the story is the date of 02/17/12. The story is indeed valid, but all info is from Feb. of last year.

• Like 2

"He shot to fame two years ago after he was arrested for allegedly soliciting prostitution." - from the linked article.

Not only can he not get a job, he can't get a woman either. I wonder if a baseball hat would improve his luck. :hmm:

I assume he didn't have any trouble getting a disability check from the government.

• Like 5