Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Lost City of Gold' found?

Still Waters

New images of a possible lost city hidden by Honduran rain forests show what might be the building foundations and mounds of Ciudad Blanca, a never-confirmed legendary metropolis.

Archaeologists and filmmakers Steven Elkins and Bill Benenson announced last year that they had discovered possible ruins in Honduras' Mosquitia region using lidar, or light detection and ranging. Essentially, slow-flying planes send constant laser pulses toward the ground as they pass over the rain forest, imaging the topography below the thick forest canopy.

http://www.foxnews.c...as-rain-forest/

• Like 3

I've read articles about these cities and the possibility that there are hundreds lost in the rain forests... I kind of wish that they stay lost.

• Like 4

absolutly brilliant! Love things like this. Lets just hope they dont decide to knock them all down for gravel! lol

• Like 5

Filled with gold? Like Eldorado?

• Like 2

Poor country + gold-filled city = you wont probably find many golden objects there after a while.

• Like 1

I've read articles about these cities and the possibility that there are hundreds lost in the rain forests... I kind of wish that they stay lost.

Why? Archaeologists need something to do. They may find something of great importance about the era the city was populated.

Why is there always a lost city full of gold?

Sort of like the Pyramids, until the looters come along, and looters can mean anyone including the archaeologists .

Get a man on the ground then get back to us

I've always felt that the jungles and rain forest held many secrets, and not just wildlife discoverys.

some things are better left lost as forgotten was ment to be

but for the sake of knowing some thing is there doesn't mean you have tomake it known kinda like that 20 year old can of peaches left pushed back in the way far end of the cabnit you may look at it from time to time and wonder after a wile when the lable falls apart but still you know it can eather be a good thang to open or justdont want to take the chance so once again you leave it be and move on

Oh man this fascinated me when i heard about it last year i was hoping for information! Cool!... but yes it shouldln't be exploited and turned into a tourist attraction.