Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunt is on for Bigfoot in northern NM

Sweetpumper

ALBUQUREQUE (KRQE) - The Valles Caldera is an enormous volcanic crater in the Jemez Mountains in northern New Mexico, known for its elk herds.

Now the area is getting attention for what else may be living there.

According to some "field researchers,” the area has perfect living conditions for Bigfoot.

http://www.krqe.com/...-to-northern-nm

• Like 1

Wish they would find one but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'll be right in the middle of the Caldera this weekend. I'll be sure and take my camera. :passifier:

I see the tiger population of India is threatened with extinction because of the drop in genetic variability. I fear this happened to Bigfoot too. It's hard to get much genetic diversity with a population of zero.

• Like 2

Comparing the 6'2" human to the unknown in the image it looked to me like the subjects may not be at the same level, comparing the object below each.

According to some "field researchers,” the area has perfect living conditions for Bigfoot.

...if we actually knew anything about how a Bigfoot would live.

I see the tiger population of India is threatened with extinction because of the drop in genetic variability. I fear this happened to Bigfoot too. It's hard to get much genetic diversity with a population of zero.

Or, on a more positive note, infinite diversity due to the lack of any constraints. You can be anything if you don't exist, sort of like an imaginary friend for adults.

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the funniest post I have seen in a long time. :tu:

Thanks Frank I needed this today.

Hot dog. Jumping frog...

The sahara desert is perfect for a suntan.....

Doesn't mean people are going to get up and move to live there.

This bigfoot carry on, is getting really old now.

Edited by danbell06

The sahara desert is perfect for a suntan.....

Doesn't mean people are going to get up and move to live there.

This bigfoot carry on, is getting really old now.

Getting? :su

• Like 1

They're reading too much into that thermal image. Considering how blurred the heat signature is, there's no way of accurately determining in either the 'bigfoot' one or the staged one for comparison where the body starts and stops so the 15% bigger claim is dubious.

Uploaders own comments say the man was 100 yards away and the bigfoot was at least 150 yards away (based upon later video 'analysis' that isn't detailed) meaning that would mean bigfoot is at least 1.15*1.5*6'1" = 10'5" feet tall.

The fact that they put a guy in what they thought was the same place and took pictures to compare them and then concluded the guy was in the wrong place as bigfoot was 50% further away means I have doubts as to how rigorous their work is. That and the fact they compared one blurry heat signature with another instead of comparing it with a regular picture of the guy put in bigfoot's place. They should have taken both thermal and regular photos of the guy to see if the thermal images are accurate enough to use for a size comparison, as I said, the thermal images are very low-res and blurry and the bigfoot and man's thermal image has no clear boundaries and thus I don't think they're useful for measuring anything that low-res at 100 yards or more away.

Something kept us up Saturday night. Whatever it was was making god awful sounds. My wife and her sister were scared crapless and I have never heard any animals make the noises that we heard that night. I'm still exhausted.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent two different forest rangers an email to find out if they went up the mountain to investigate what that was, as they said they were going to so. There's a fire in the area right now, so they may be a little busy to respond.

Something kept us up Saturday night. Whatever it was was making god awful sounds. My wife and her sister were scared crapless and I have never heard any animals make the noises that we heard that night. I'm still exhausted.

Just curious, what kind of sounds were they, if describable?

Edited by Skeptic Chicken

Just curious, what kind of sounds were they, if describable?

The Hulk in the Avengers movie is the closest comparison we can come up with.

One of the rangers got back to me and said they captured a small black bear around that time that was getting in to the garbage cans. What we heard wasn't a small black bear. I'm waiting for the manager to email me back now.