Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IRS accused of stealing 60M medical records

F3SS

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/16/irs-accused-of-stealing-60-million-medical-records-that-could-include-every-calif-state-judge-and-hollywood-execs/

The complaint filed by John Doe Company against 15 John Doe IRS agents (this is how the plaintiff and defendants are identified) states that these records could include those of every California state judge, state court employees, members of the Screen Actor’s Guild and the Directors Guild, and “prominent citizens in the world of entertainment, business and government, from all walks of life.”

Court House News reported that the records were obtained while the IRS was investigating a tax matter with a warrant for a former employee of the company. The warrant authorized the IRS to obtain financial records of the employee in question, “not seizure of any health care or medical record of any persons, least of all third parties completely unrelated to the matter.”

“[...] none of the 10,000,000 Americans were under any kind of known criminal or civil investigation and their medical records had no relevance whatsoever to the IRS search,” the complaint stated. The amount of records seized in March 2011 is “roughly one out of every twenty-five adult American citizens.”

It also says that executives at John Doe Company warned the IRS agents about the privileged records — records that included “psychological counseling, gynecological counseling, sexual or drug treatment, and a wide range of medical matters covering the most intimate and private of concerns” — but these warnings were “ignored and discarded.”

• Like 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F3SS

• tapirmusic

• Yamato

• RavenHawk

I figure this is just standard practice now that we have Obamacare. Now your doctor can audit you the same day he checks you for colon cancer! YAY!

Can I borrow some of your expletives? FYI, there are creative ways around the Xs...

You talking about what I said in the other thread to Merc? I know, getting around the X's are the oldest Internet trick around.

I expected a little more buzz on this. Guess we are all on IRS overreach overload ATM.

Then again, I posted the story with no follow up because some things are just beyond words. A cringing face is all one can muster up at times.