Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Europe existed before Britain joined it

Commander CMG

• French president launched a scathing attack on Britain's austerity policies
  • Claimed there were 'political forces' calling for Britain to leave the EU
  • Hollande promises to 'go on the offensive' to revive France's economy

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Technically, Britain was in fact part of Europe originally, until rising sea levels formed the Dover Straits and instilled a sense of smug superiority in flag waving Brits ever since.

It's talking about the European Union, not the continent...at least know what you're talking about before you go on your little tirade against British people.

I'm all for leaving the EU because it's become more than it was ever supposed to be. British people don't like powers over their own nation being transferred to people they don't even vote for and too right. That's called a dictatorship. And there's no "smug superiority" in speaking out against dictatorship.

I am for Britain being free to do what it want, without having to go to Europe. This is now the case in the economy and law, the EU would like it to be armed forces aswell. I think the British Ideals made Britain and British culture the best in the world, none of the multiculturalism rubbish or free movement of peoples. The British Ideals are The Church of England, the Monarchy, the Parliament, the courts, scientific and intellectual, all of these things are being done away with because of the EU and US.

• Like 1

It seem pretty obvious that Europe is going about it the wrong way trying to unify the currency before they unify the countries, but I think if Europe wants to continue being a major factor in world affairs they have to do it as a united entity. They are of course not alone in this. SE Asia needs very much to do something similar.

Well Mr Hollande & his government are very unpopular in his home country at the moment after it emerged that his ministers had avoided paying tax by using off shore tax havens & he now seems to be employing the same diversionary tactic as that other corrupt president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner of Argentina.

link:- http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-22027376

link:- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/09/argentiana-protests-rally-fernandez-kirchner

Edited by itsnotoutthere

It's talking about the European Union, not the continent...at least know what you're talking about before you go on your little tirade against British people.

I'm all for leaving the EU because it's become more than it was ever supposed to be. British people don't like powers over their own nation being transferred to people they don't even vote for and too right. That's called a dictatorship. And there's no "smug superiority" in speaking out against dictatorship.

Oh heavens, no need to take everything so seriously. I was being tongue in cheek and ironical. I really will have to start using a special font, or perhaps a different colour.

• Like 1

Oh heavens, no need to take everything so seriously. I was being tongue in cheek and ironical. I really will have to start using a special font, or perhaps a different colour.

A different colour... that's a bit racist isn't it.. :ph34r:

It seem pretty obvious that Europe is going about it the wrong way trying to unify the currency before they unify the countries, but I think if Europe wants to continue being a major factor in world affairs they have to do it as a united entity. They are of course not alone in this. SE Asia needs very much to do something similar.

Yeah, they have to at it as an unified enitity.

That's why it's so extremely annoying to have a punk like UK, who keeps whining because they can't fix their economy themselves. So they just point the finger and cry like a baby.

And pretend they're busy at fixing everything by blaming the EU for everything.

"lets endlessly bring up referendums, and keep changing our minds .. then we'll look supersmart and the EU will be the devil"

Edited by Render

Yeah, they have to at it as an unified enitity.

That's why it's so extremely annoying to have a punk like UK, who keeps whining because they can't fix their economy themselves. So they just point the finger and cry like a baby.

And pretend they're busy at fixing everything by blaming the EU for everything.

"lets endlessly bring up referendums, and keep changing our minds .. then we'll look supersmart and the EU will be the devil"

Actually the more honest truth is that the rest of the EU countries are shi*ing themselves that the UK will vote to leave. There arn't enough stable economies left in the EU to fund the remaining basket case countries & the additional basket case counties that want to join. Some of those french farmers may soon have to take a cut in there subsidies. And where will all those portugese & spanish fishermen get make a living once british waters are out of bounds. Do you believe the german taxpayer will be happy to make up the 15 billion euro shortfall when we leave?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1