Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Total Republican Fail As Americans Don't care

ninjadude

yes it has. Who told you this fiction that they were kinder, gentler? Rush?

You think I listen to Rush? I think you don't listen to me.

Didn't those IRS reforms come during the Clinton administration?

• Like 2

I hear this constant drone that both sides do it yet I see zero proof? Nixon mentioned, on one tape, that "We should sick the IRS on the b*******." but he never did it. Show me where the republicans did what you accuse them of doing and then make your case. I suspect, I believe is utter BS. Prove your theory or stop making the accusations. Or become ninjadude.

My case is that all the major policies started by Bush are still in play by Obama, in some cases they're accelerated. Not this piddly scandal crap that doesn't amount to anything but a massive waste of time and resources, but the major issues of our time that all the money is getting spent on. Foreign policy, monetary policy, economic/financial policy. There isn't any difference between who you prefer and who some democrat prefers. Whether Nucky or Ninja, it makes no difference. Doing dirt dumps on democrats doesn't make a very good case when that's all partisans are good for either way. The only way to see clearly is to step out of that mudslinging contest and wash your face.

Perhaps the Repubs have blown a few things out of proportion...it happens. I believe that things need to be investigated and researched...that is why we have "oversight" committees to begin with.

No...what bothers me the most is the truth in something else you said....that 50% of Americans don't care...and that is a problem.

"The price of apathy in public affairs is to be ruled by evil men"...Plato

That 50% can't be bothered to watch a filibuster or a hearing on C-span....but they are tuned in for American Idol, Swamp people, Ice Road truckers...etc...etc...etc. Pretty damn sad. They watch theses "fake" reality shows and ignore the reality of the governance of this nation...which I think is slightly more important...oh well...we call them sheep for a reason...sheep_zps4b615e7e.gif

flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

yes. Apologize for auditing, why? Accountable for doing their job?

Here's to you suffering a long unwarranted audit. You deserve it.

Accountable for making the mistake of an unwarranted audit or IOW not doing their job. Every ther profession is held accountable for its mistakes. You don't let doctors, plumbers or mechanics get away with mistakes. Why give the IRS a pass?

• Like 1

It isn't that Americans don't care. They are simply losing care for the GOP. Now the same thing is happening to the Democrats, as they continue to push an unpopular party agenda on their members (while asking for money to do it).

It p's me off when a political party does not poll the members on what they want to see in their party. When I called (twice) the national headquarters of the Democrat party about the gun control issues that were being presented to us, no one answered. When I called (twice) the GOP national headquarters about the anti-abortion stance, no one there felt a need to call back.

So just how is the voice of The People heard, if they are not asking us what we want?

So where do they get their agenda if their members don't have a real voice in the political party?

Who sets the party's agenda these days?

Do these parties think they are so secure with their voters that they think they can set any agenda before their members and expect a party-loyal vote?

I think both parties are starting to break down. We have the climate change (I call them flat-earthers who again put people at the center of the universe) people on the left who have created a schism within the Democrats. We have the non-conservative anti-abortion people on their right who have severely broken the GOP. The Tea party, and I am not one of those people, was just a way to get a voice heard thru the firewall that separates the members of the GOP from their GOP party agenda-setters.

• Like 1

My case is that all the major policies started by Bush are still in play by Obama, in some cases they're accelerated. Not this piddly scandal crap that doesn't amount to anything but a massive waste of time and resources, but the major issues of our time that all the money is getting spent on. Foreign policy, monetary policy, economic/financial policy. There isn't any difference between who you prefer and who some democrat prefers. Whether Nucky or Ninja, it makes no difference. Doing dirt dumps on democrats doesn't make a very good case when that's all partisans are good for either way. The only way to see clearly is to step out of that mudslinging contest and wash your face.

This is not a piddly scandal. This administartion used the power of the IRS to intimidate not only some Tea Party people but individual citizens that chose to donate to Romney. They went after people that spoke out against the administration and countless other "enemires" of the administration. You consideer thios a little dirt dump but many others consider a massive usurpation of our rights as citizens of this country. The government that was designed to be for the people is now attacking the people. Bush did not do this and no other president has either with the possible exception of Lincoln. This isn't about p***ing on that twerp ninja, it is about seeing people jailed and the IRS demolished We should all be outraged and on the attack or we will soon be slaves to thsi empire.

The fact that you choose to downplay this by saying everyone does it, without a bit of proof that this is in fact true, simpy tells us what your political leanings are. What is ridiculous is not that we are speaking out against it it that you are easilty dismissing it as a big nothing. That is what any good progresive would say BTW. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Here's to you suffering a long unwarranted audit. You deserve it.

Accountable for making the mistake of an unwarranted audit or IOW not doing their job. Every ther profession is held accountable for its mistakes. You don't let doctors, plumbers or mechanics get away with mistakes. Why give the IRS a pass?

Exactly. They need to be held accountable for their actions.

When they target based off of your political veiws how in the world does that not seem like a problem?

People only seem to care if it effects THEM, personally.

a friend once told me recently that it is now The United States of 'US' .... I see her point ...

• Like 1

I think as more details emerge, like the emails regarding Benghazi being altered by Republicans etc, it's just more proof that the American public at large is tired of the "boy who cried wolf" mentality of the Republican party. The American public is oversaturated to the point of boredom with media outlets pushing what they think is a scandal before any of the real details are out for public scrutiny. I miss the old days when Cronkite sat in front of the desk and read the news and didn't tell you how you were supposed to feel about it, just presented facts. Media isn't meant to be interactive and when it comes to being constantly bombarded by stories (which details again are not so much there but speculated about), people get bored, turned off and lose interest. Those that think Obama is the root of all evil are going to continue to believe it, think those of us who don't hate him must be insane and the world just keeps on spinning. It doesn't surprise me one bit that the majority of Americans are just over it all. They want a functioning government, so maybe this will get people motivated to vote out the roadblocks to a better government in both parties but I doubt it.

• Like 2

primary_EB20090717PEOPLE907179995AR.jpg

"And that's the way it is,"

ahhh ... good ol'Walter .... RIP ....

• Like 2

Ninja: If it is all illusion and not a big deal, why did the Acting Director quit?

And why did President Obama say...

to placate the republicans and an unwarrented rush to judgement

When they target based off of your political veiws how in the world does that not seem like a problem?

but they weren't. 501c4 is a direct result of Citizens United.

Accountable for making the mistake of an unwarranted audit or IOW not doing their job.

"mistake" in what way? auditing is to prove the voluntary books are correct. It's not a witch hunt.

This is not a piddly scandal. This administartion used the power of the IRS to intimidate not only some Tea Party people but individual citizens that chose to donate to Romney. They went after people that spoke out against the administration and countless other "enemires" of the administration. You consideer thios a little dirt dump but many others consider a massive usurpation of our rights as citizens of this country. The government that was designed to be for the people is now attacking the people. Bush did not do this and no other president has either with the possible exception of Lincoln. This isn't about p***ing on that twerp ninja, it is about seeing people jailed and the IRS demolished We should all be outraged and on the attack or we will soon be slaves to thsi empire.

The fact that you choose to downplay this by saying everyone does it, without a bit of proof that this is in fact true, simpy tells us what your political leanings are. What is ridiculous is not that we are speaking out against it it that you are easilty dismissing it as a big nothing. That is what any good progresive would say BTW. Just sayin'.

The Benghazi "scandal" looks like another partisan witch hunt, desperately trying to find minutia in the details that the other party can "get" Obama on, cluelessly ignoring the policy as always, and why is that? Because Republicans want the same damned policy like I just said.

The IRS "scandal" is business as usual. If you have evidence that the IRS didn't formerly profile, please present it. I see evidence to the contrary. I was a "Tea Partier" before tea partying was in fashion. Not these big-government partisans who jumped on the bandwagon late and ruined it. If someone looked at my records, it's not a "scandal", it's another day in the office. The only "scandal" about this issue is that the media is acting like it's something new or different.

This is not a piddly scandal. This administartion used the power of the IRS to intimidate not only some Tea Party people but individual citizens that chose to donate to Romney.

They did no such thing. Your hyperbole and outright lies are disturbing.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed flamebait, personal insult
  • Like 1