Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russians drive over North Pole to Canada

redhen

Well here's one for the books. Wasn't sure where to post this, but to me it definitely seems like a technological feat.

So, Russian explorers drove 4,000 km from Russia to Resolute Bay, Canada, over the North Pole.

I say again, drove ! Yeeh-haw ! One hell of a road trip.

• Like 6

This would have freaked a lot of Americans out 30 to 40 years ago. lol

• Like 6

This would have freaked a lot of Americans out 30 to 40 years ago. lol

No kidding. My, how times have changed.

• Like 3

the guys from Top Gear drove to the north pole a couple of years ago. two fat, middle-aged men, drunk on G&T's and eating spam straight out of the can, which at least proved it could be done, but russia to canada in heavy buses, with nothing under the ice but a mile of sea water? bet they needed plenty of toilet paper!!

:-o

• Like 4

Oh toilet paper! When we think about the luxuries of mankind,toilet paper is the one & only luxury that we talk about.Wiping your ass is the one obsession that mankind talks about.During the days of Churchill,they tried to find a way to make it easier to wipe our asses during wartime.They came up with a way & they created a paper that was not too waxy & uncomfortable.As funny as it seems.yes,the world was obsessed with how to wipe your ****!

Edited by GirlfromOz
  • Like 3

That's a badass story. Hell, Ice Road Truckers is crazy and this makes that look like child's play. On the American Top Gear the guys used big old jacked up American trucks to drive across the barren ice lands of Iceland a few hundred miles from some town to that the summit of that huge volcano that erupted a few years ago. The blinding blizzards, crevices, the coldness and nothingness. That was incredible what they drove through. A four month trek through the arctic just sounds like a nightmare.

• Like 2

It was really just a beer and maple syrup run.

Russians love them some pancakes.

• Like 4

the guys from Top Gear drove to the north pole a couple of years ago. two fat, middle-aged men, drunk on G&T's and eating spam straight out of the can, which at least proved it could be done, but russia to canada in heavy buses, with nothing under the ice but a mile of sea water? bet they needed plenty of toilet paper!!

:-o

Was a good special that one. :tu:

• Like 2

My Grandfather made the same trip on a MULE one hundred fourty years ago

Was he prone to talking out his ass?

(only kidding)

• Like 5

Great article and great comments too.

Talking out of his ass... :tu:

• Like 1

Another great feat of ingenuity, but dose this mean a new type of border control. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I wonder how much vodca they drank on the trip

• Like 2

Oh toilet paper! When we think about the luxuries of mankind,toilet paper is the one & only luxury that we talk about.Wiping your ass is the one obsession that mankind talks about.During the days of Churchill,they tried to find a way to make it easier to wipe our asses during wartime.They came up with a way & they created a paper that was not too waxy & uncomfortable.As funny as it seems.yes,the world was obsessed with how to wipe your ****!

You suppose they kept an extra pair of undies in the glove box just in case? :lol:

• Like 2

It doesn't say whether or not they filmed it. I would like to at least see the pictures.

I wonder how much vodca they drank on the trip

They must have been tired of vodka and wanted a Molson, REALLY bad!

Now that the Russians can do this, it looks like "red dawn" is comming to the Canadians .. I hope the mounty reserves can hold em off!

Another great feat of ingenuity, but dose this mean a new type of border control. :unsure2:

Canada is going to have to watch out for "undocumented" Russian immigrants now. :innocent:

• Like 1

Such "maidens" on that expidition! they used vehicles, likely with heating and comfortable seats. And what is this "toilet paper", another expression for the yellow press?

The guys in the link I give are going on foot and dog across the North Pole.

Link to the collected articles so far on this expidition. Sorry, but you need to use translator. Also some of the reports are video

http://www.vesti.ru/...html?tid=103054

Expedition leader is 61 year Orthodox sub-deacon Fedor Konyukhov, a very extraordinary man.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

Canada is going to have to watch out for "undocumented" Russian immigrants now. :innocent:

nah, we have a huge ice wall to keep the Wildings from the north on their side, they are always looking for men to man the wall, but mainly criminals and b******* take the black now a days

They must have been tired of vodka and wanted a Molson, REALLY bad!

hehe that's what i'm thinking! .. a Beer Run

• 1 month later...

And how long until that is no longer practical?

-Melting ice = problem