Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Material needs and Spiritualism?

ambelamba

Sooner or later someone or more is/are going to be obscenely rich multi-millionaires. Maybe tomorrow night. Or maybe next Wednesday night.

Do material need/greed and spiritualism mutually exclusive or can they co-exist in a person's mind?

• Like 1

Sooner or later someone or more is/are going to be obscenely rich multi-millionaires. Maybe tomorrow night. Or maybe next Wednesday night.

Do material need/greed and spiritualism mutually exclusive or can they co-exist in a person's mind?

Excellent question. I believe they can coexist up to a point. That is, need and spirituality -NOT greed and spirituality. Focusing totally on what wealth can be and do for an individual is just a way of taking God out of the equation - not good imo. But using such a windfall to secure needs - not only for oneself but also for the friends, family and community at large is easily compatible with spirituality. BTW, I play the lotto and hope to win. If I do then no one at UM will ever hear of me again ;)

Just kidding - I'd still come around.

• Like 1

Filthy lucre corrupts one spiritually. Clean it up. This isn't hard with gold and coins, but paper money is hopeless.

• Like 1

Send me some cash and I'll give it a try.

I think you can have wealth and be spiritual, but greed is kind of an obsessive thing. I would say greed would block an spiritual path. You have to be able to focus on the inner self to walk a spiritual path and if you are too focused on material things then you can't focus on the spiritual.

Was punk rock a form of spiritualism? It seemed to reject the profit motive and even held suspicious the corporate world.

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." - Jeshua ben Jospeh