Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange rock raises questions

Sheep Smart

A strange rock with unusual magnetic properties - deeply scored, with what appears to be moon phases, a solar eclipse and the depiction of a supernova -- has been unearthed on the outskirts of Roswell. Its discovery has startled researchers, scientists and all who have examined it.If proven to be of extraterrestrial origin, it will mark the second time in less than a century that the Roswell area has received communications from outer space.Roswell Mayor Sam D. LaGrone, who actually saw and touched the rock over the weekend, said, "It is a very strange looking rock.... I touched it, I felt it, and I just don't see how it could have been produced."

29836a.jpg

Friday, July 11, 2008

http://splendidelles...5/strange-rock/

Edited by Saru
Added source link, trimmed for length
  • Like 1

Actually I would say it looks primitive. Maybe some chimps? Maybe some kindergärtners?

BzzZZZzzZ. Try again.

If I found it id be experimenting like a mofo, after I had it analyzed. Imagine the secrets it potentially possesses!

It was created for a reason.

Maybe a key?

I acquired a dirty rock once with a Buddha inscribed on one side so faint you could barely make it out. The people in Chaingmai (Thailand) said there is a village where they produce them; they are more valuable than if the Buddha is clear.

I pushed the wrong button 3 times now... last try:

The moon phases remind me of Wiccan moon symbols which along with triangles are usually associated with the feminine but I have no idea what kind of message any other entity would be trying to send human kind with some vague carvings on a mere rock.

In this photo, the rock looks almost molded and polished or painted. If it is fake the properties are of course explained but if not than indeed it's strange but doesn't really tell us anything.

The frustrating part of this story is that the author does not reference any of the archeologists that supposedly looked at it or cite any of the "expert investigators" except to say that "they" looked at it and also found it strange. This article should have been posted after all the studies were done because all it does is raise more questions and perpetuates fraud.

I'd really like to know the real story behind the rock so that I can either follow the story or move on because I don't want to waste my time (it's reserved for sitting on my behind surfing the internet complaining about stories withoutt enough info... I listen to music and watch hulu too...but still...).

I need to know who these experts are and I would like to read their findings on the rock. It's not enough to just quote second or 3rd hand.

• Like 4

This might be of interest.

http://www.ufonut.com/archives/2603

After examining the rock, we felt we needed to include our good friend Dr. Bill Doleman. Dr. Doleman was an archeologist for the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, and we had worked with him in the past on two separate SCI-FI Channel TV shows. We felt he was more than qualified to examine the rock, so we convinced Robert to follow us to Albuquerque and meet with Dr. Bill.

The examination included using an archaeologist eye piece for close examination of design structure, a magnet to examine its polarization, and UV and EMF experiments derived from tools from my portable kit. Upon conclusion of the examination, it was decided Debbie and I would take the research further by using 8×10 detailed prints of the artifact to try and find its origin and/or meaning.

This is from 2011 and is the most I've been able to find concerning any experiments. If that's the extent of experiments done on the rock then there's not alot that can be said about it's authenticity, which is disappointing.

As for Dr. Bill Doleman, even though he is a retired archeologist he's also more of a "personality" appearing in documentaries about Bigfoot, Mothman and other popular UFO cases.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be an insignia used in some SciFi movie :

Star Trek:

51nPdAwWDIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

stpimset04.jpg

Babylon 5:

Babylon-5-Psi-Corp-Badge-2.jpg

This might be of interest.

http://www.ufonut.com/archives/2603

This is from 2011 and is the most I've been able to find concerning any experiments. If that's the extent of experiments done on the rock then there's not alot that can be said about it's authenticity, which is disappointing.

As for Dr. Bill Doleman, even though he is a retired archeologist he's also more of a "personality" appearing in documentaries about Bigfoot, Mothman and other popular UFO cases.

Very disappointing.