Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the greatest threat to humanity today?

sear

It's possible for us to meet our demise all sorts of ways.

A plague of a disease that's:

- extremely deadly, always fatal

- extremely contagious

- no cure or treatment

Or perhaps a planet-killing asteroid?

But what's the most likely risk? What adversity is more likely to harm us bad enough to end the species?

• Like 1

And I'd add that nukes are probably what will reduce us to rubble as a civilization. But humanity survives. We just survive on a tabula rasa

Environmental catastrophe.

I would say the greatest threat to humanity is the weaponized biological agents being kept by the US and Russia from the cold war. Taking the worst and most deadly diseases known to mankind then weaponizing them to be even more deadly and contagious is just dangerous.

Of the weaponized biological agents I am not sure which one would be more dangerous, the ones that target humans or the ones that targets the crops we rely on.

Taking ourselves too seriously?

• Like 2

When pharmaceutical drugs stop working as we become immune to them..... Then we will be in for a fun ride.

I'm not sure what could wipe is out fully that we could do ourselves. Even nuclear war would leave some people around. So I think Asteroid impact is probably the highest risk. Or of course aliens. LOL

I think the greatest threats to mankind are governments that are becoming increasingly repressive, including democracies who supposedly tell their citizens they are free.

the greatest threat to humanity is reality tv.

when it reaches critical mass, when it's on every channel, 24/7, then humanity will undergo a global suicide event, the only survivors being the shows' contestants, who'll then eat each other in a frenzy of 'look at me! look at me!!' 'don't you know who I am?!'ness, the last survivor killing themselves when they realise there's no one else left alive to watch them.....

• Like 4

the greatest threat to humanity is reality tv.

when it reaches critical mass, when it's on every channel, 24/7, then humanity will undergo a global suicide event, the only survivors being the shows' contestants, who'll then eat each other in a frenzy of 'look at me! look at me!!' 'don't you know who I am?!'ness, the last survivor killing themselves when they realise there's no one else left alive to watch them.....

.....unless of course there's a power cut.

• Like 2

if there IS el, then I shall be the first to rejoice at the 2nd coming of our lord & saviour, jesus h. christ.....

:-)

• Like 1

#13 & #14:

Or you could take a whiff of the java, and UNPLUG YOUR TV!

sounds like you've already had a little too much java yourself this morning.

(and I don't own a tv, so unplugging it would be rather difficult.)

• Like 1

Barack Obama, according to some. :unsure2:

• Like 1

"if there IS el, then I shall be the first to rejoice at the 2nd coming of our lord & saviour, jesus h. christ....." shr

#14:

"Or you could take a whiff of the java, and UNPLUG YOUR TV!" sear

"sounds like you've already had a little too much java yourself this morning.

(and I don't own a tv, so unplugging it would be rather difficult.)" shr

Thus unclear why the supernatural rejoicing, over a power failure / cessation of "reality tv".

I don't care for it either. But I don't genuflect to the divine when the power fails during its time slot.

I just don't watch.

If you mean whipe everyone of us out.....Have to go Asteroid.

If you mean not everyone, but a lot.....

Plague......

And I hope it happens soon.

Thus unclear why the supernatural rejoicing, over a power failure / cessation of "reality tv".

Have you ever heard that old song, "Television The drug of the nation"? Even more relvant now than it was in 1992.

• Like 2

I don't care for it either. But I don't genuflect to the divine when the power fails during its time slot.a

I just don't watch.

as far as i'm aware, jesus h. christ isn't a real person, but if every big brother wannabe suddenly got offed, i'd be the first one hallelujaing my ass off!!

:-)

"Plague......

And I hope it happens soon." S

More Twinkies for the rest of us?

"Have you ever heard that old song, "Television The drug of the nation"?" CR

Not that I know of. Haydn's more my style.

But the addiction of television is unmistakable.

Of all the arts, the cinema is the most important. Vladimir Ilich "Nikolai" Lenin 1870-1924

"if every big brother wannabe suddenly got offed, i'd be the first one hallelujaing ..." shr

oh

More Twinkies for the rest of us?

For the survivors, and future generations, yes, I hope so.....

That is why I want it to happen, it is needed.

I want my Grand kids, and anyone else's to have a future, seeing what I was able to see, and having a chance to make something of themselves.

For the survivors, and future generations, yes, I hope so.....

That is why I want it to happen, it is needed.

I want my Grand kids, and anyone else's to have a future, seeing what I was able to see, and having a chance to make something of themselves.

a) Who doesn't?

B) Inflicting an 80% population reduction imposes a 4 out of 5 chance your grandkids will be among those attrited.

c) We teeter on the precipice of a climatological paradigm shift. An 80% human population reduction might be too little, too late.

Cracks in the foundation are already evident.

For centuries it was a U.S. tradition that each successive generation would be more prosperous than the one before.

For the first time in history that's no longer true.

And for all we know, it may be all downhill from here.

a) Who doesn't?

B) Inflicting an 80% population reduction imposes a 4 out of 5 chance your grandkids will be among those attrited.

c) We teeter on the precipice of a climatological paradigm shift. An 80% human population reduction might be too little, too late.

Cracks in the foundation are already evident.

For centuries it was a U.S. tradition that each successive generation would be more prosperous than the one before.

For the first time in history that's no longer true.

And for all we know, it may be all downhill from here.

I am not talking prosperity.......Just being happy.

"Money doesn't buy happiness."

"Don't worry. Be happy." Bobby McFerin

Happiness is just a state of mind. Get there, today!