Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assad: Israelis Helping Terrorists

AlasBabylon

" Assad accuses Israel of supporting 'terror groups' in Syria "

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Assad-accuses-Israel-of-supporting-terror-groups-in-Syria-313552

" Speaking during an interview with the Argentine newspaper Clarin, which was reported Saturday in The Guardian,

Assad said Israel tells Syrian "terrorist groups" which sites to attack and how to attack them. "

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/assad-accuses-israel-of-providing-intelligence-to-syrian-rebels-1.524630

The Guardian interview link

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/may/18/interview-bashar-al-assad-syria-international-community-video

• Like 2

Well it is the truth. lol

So is the US. They done the exact same thing in Libya. Supporting Al Qaeda as well. It's hilarious when you listen to Obama's speech on 9/11 then he supports the exact people he says are evil terrorists. lol

• Like 2

Well it is the truth. lol

So is the US. They done the exact same thing in Libya. Supporting Al Qaeda as well. It's hilarious when you listen to Obama's speech on 9/11 then he supports the exact people he says are evil terrorists. lol

Israel is just practicing cya in Syria. They really are just interdicting weapons. They are just as apt to help either side if it helps Israel and they should - they are just trying to keep their people safe. If Assad wins he will try to harm Israel and if the rebels win they definitely will attack Israel as soon as they can so Israel has no incentive to do anything but work against them both.

As for Obama's policies there - who the hell knows? grrrrrrr

Edited by and then

Even if is true why Israel is helping their number one enemy? Terrorists hate Israel to the death.

Assad hates Israel to the death

Even if is true why Israel is helping their number one enemy? Terrorists hate Israel to the death.

Assad hates Israel to the death

The assad regime is sending new and powerul rockets to hezbollah in lebanon to be used in strikes against Israeli people and territory.. There is another islamic religious faction opposed to hezbollah in Lebanon.

My guess is that israel's first priority is to weaken Assad's regime and perhaps see it fall, then deal with the aftermath. But, also, it is supporting the opponents of hezbollah in lebanon so as to weaken that faction which is one of the most active terrorist groups striking at Israel Those Hezbollah forces, on the other hand, are already fighting for Assads regime and against the syrian rebels. It comes back to religion and the various sects of Islam, who seem to hate each other at least as much as they hate the jews.

• Like 1

The assad regime is sending new and powerul rockets to hezbollah in lebanon to be used in strikes against Israeli people and territory.. There is another islamic religious faction opposed to hezbollah in Lebanon.

My guess is that israel's first priority is to weaken Assad's regime and perhaps see it fall, then deal with the aftermath. But, also, it is supporting the opponents of hezbollah in lebanon so as to weaken that faction which is one of the most active terrorist groups striking at Israel Those Hezbollah forces, on the other hand, are already fighting for Assads regime and against the syrian rebels. It comes back to religion and the various sects of Islam, who seem to hate each other at least as much as they hate the jews.

So it's OK for Israel to support terrorists is it?

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

As I am sure you would quote to me, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

This is an internicine civil war based on religious differnces. I dont think one side is much better than the other, actually especaily with some alquieda and libyan jihadists working with the rebels as very effective fighters, but its a civil war. The rebels, like the rebels in egypt and libya, are no more terrorists then the southern states of america were terrorists in the american civil war.

Israel is supporting the rebels because they are the faction opposed to hezbollah, which is a direct threat to Israel security and who are terrorists in that their actions are directed against a separate independent state in a war of terror against civilian populations..

• Like 1

It's the same Iran-Iraq fiasco again .... as long as they're happy fighting each other they won't be bothering others ...

except nowadays they have that Iran-Iraq fiasco to learn from, everyone seems to think they have learned how to beat each other with a newly learned system...

The Taliban think tank is probably laughing the hardest at all this madness ... Syria is in a bad state ... and I mean really really bad state.

Whichever side comes out of this with breath and bones intact would want redemption, and that road is going to be one long bloody path once again.

• Like 2

also why does Assad say "Terrorists" and not name the groups.

He needs to say who are they not act like a toddler saying "They did it" or "I know they did it because they did it"

Please research why Hezbollah was created. Then you might see who the true terrorists are.

Here is a snippet from Wikipedia:

Hezbollah was conceived by Muslim clerics and funded by Iran following the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, and was primarily formed to offer resistance to the Israeli occupation

Sounds like freedom fighters to me, not terrorists. Israeli forces killed a lot of innocent woman and children. That is terrorism.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

Please research why Hezbollah was created. Then you might see who the true terrorists are.

Sounds like freedom fighters to me, not terrorists. Israeli forces killed a lot of innocent woman and children. That is terrorism.

Id suggest you read this site.

http://www.start.umd...ile.asp?id=3101

Aliases Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine, Organization of the Oppressed on Earth, Party of God, Revolutionary Justice Organization, The Islamic Resistance.

Hezbollah soon began running training camps in the Bekaa Valley and other parts of Lebanon that instructed members of Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations how to conduct assassinations, kidnappings, suicide bombings, and guerilla warfare.

Hezbollah's stated objectives include the establishment of a Shiite theocracy in Lebanon, the destruction of Israel, and the elimination of Western influences from the Middle East. Over the last 20 plus years, Hezbollah has not only professionalized its military capabilities but also joined Lebanon's political process and enmeshed itself into the social fabric of Lebanese society.

In the early 1980s, Hezbollah popularized suicide bombings as an effective terrorist tactic. In April 1983, Hezbollah allegedly blew up a van filled with explosives in front of the U.S. embassy in Beirut killing 58 Americans and Lebanese. Then in October 1983, Hezbollah is believed to be responsible for a truck bomb that detonated in the U.S. Marine barracks killing 241 American peacekeepers, and a simultaneous truck bombing at the French barracks that killed 58 French soldiers. These attacks contributed to the decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Lebanon the following year. Hezbollah also carried out a number of kidnappings of Westerners in Lebanon during the mid 1980s, in which they executed the hostages or traded them for money or weapons.

In addition to Lebanon, Hezbollah's security apparatus operates in Europe, North and South America, East Asia, and other parts of the Middle East, and it is believed to be responsible for a number of other high profile terrorist attacks. In 1985 Hezbollah members hijacked TWA flight 847 and held the 39 Americans on board hostage for weeks. In addition, the 1992 bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina and the 1994 bombing of a Jewish cultural centre in Buenos Aires are attributed to Hezbollah. Furthermore, in June 1996, Hezbollah allegedly attacked the Khobar Towers housing complex in Dharan, Saudi Arabia, killing 19 U.S servicemen and wounding hundreds of others.

Naa! Pretty sure they meet the criteria for a terrorist organisation. If there is still any doubt look at these graphs of over 300 different "incidents" attributed to hezbollah.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?perpetrator=407

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

And if the 'aftermath' turns out to be much worse? It seems that the tragedy of the ME is that all policies and decisions dealing with it, whether local or foreign, are largely based on assumptions and short term goals! Civilians are the ones who end up paying the price for these decisions. I am not supporting Assad, but I think a closer, realistic analysis of long term effects of supporting certain rebel groups is crucial. Getting rid of one tyranny just to replace it with a more oppressive one is no help to the Syrian people who will have to live with the consequences, while decision makers and think tanks are watching safely from afar!

• Like 2

Id suggest you read this site.

http://www.start.umd...ile.asp?id=3101

Aliases Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine, Organization of the Oppressed on Earth, Party of God, Revolutionary Justice Organization, The Islamic Resistance.

Hezbollah soon began running training camps in the Bekaa Valley and other parts of Lebanon that instructed members of Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations how to conduct assassinations, kidnappings, suicide bombings, and guerilla warfare.

Hezbollah's stated objectives include the establishment of a Shiite theocracy in Lebanon, the destruction of Israel, and the elimination of Western influences from the Middle East. Over the last 20 plus years, Hezbollah has not only professionalized its military capabilities but also joined Lebanon's political process and enmeshed itself into the social fabric of Lebanese society.

In the early 1980s, Hezbollah popularized suicide bombings as an effective terrorist tactic. In April 1983, Hezbollah allegedly blew up a van filled with explosives in front of the U.S. embassy in Beirut killing 58 Americans and Lebanese. Then in October 1983, Hezbollah is believed to be responsible for a truck bomb that detonated in the U.S. Marine barracks killing 241 American peacekeepers, and a simultaneous truck bombing at the French barracks that killed 58 French soldiers. These attacks contributed to the decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Lebanon the following year. Hezbollah also carried out a number of kidnappings of Westerners in Lebanon during the mid 1980s, in which they executed the hostages or traded them for money or weapons.

In addition to Lebanon, Hezbollah's security apparatus operates in Europe, North and South America, East Asia, and other parts of the Middle East, and it is believed to be responsible for a number of other high profile terrorist attacks. In 1985 Hezbollah members hijacked TWA flight 847 and held the 39 Americans on board hostage for weeks. In addition, the 1992 bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina and the 1994 bombing of a Jewish cultural centre in Buenos Aires are attributed to Hezbollah. Furthermore, in June 1996, Hezbollah allegedly attacked the Khobar Towers housing complex in Dharan, Saudi Arabia, killing 19 U.S servicemen and wounding hundreds of others.

Naa! Pretty sure they meet the criteria for a terrorist organisation. If there is still any doubt look at these graphs of over 300 different "incidents" attributed to hezbollah.

http://www.start.umd...perpetrator=407

And all that was in retaliation to Israels occupation of Lebanon and the killing of innocent civilians. If Israel didn't do that then there would be Hezbollah. lol If you advocate the US and European forces fighting in Afghanistan because of 9/11 then you would be a hypocrite to say Hezbollah was not right in fighting back. Yes suicide bombing are not a nice way to do it, but we use airstrikes which flatten areas and kill far more civilians than any suicide bomber. lol I find it hilerious how we are so disgusted by suicide bombing when we allow our military to carry out massacres on a larger scale. lol

• Like 1

15269_578652488825569_673670398_n.jpg

seems things like this gets lost in the heat of moments ....

• Like 1

It's the same Iran-Iraq fiasco again .... as long as they're happy fighting each other they won't be bothering others ...

except nowadays they have that Iran-Iraq fiasco to learn from, everyone seems to think they have learned how to beat each other with a newly learned system...

The Taliban think tank is probably laughing the hardest at all this madness ... Syria is in a bad state ... and I mean really really bad state.

Whichever side comes out of this with breath and bones intact would want redemption, and that road is going to be one long bloody path once again.

A VERY bloody one! This is what I've been saying as well. A short breathing space to rest and rearm and then the main event will begin. They have already started the battle cry - "Next to Jerusalem" and the Israelis are going to be like "allow us to retort!"

And does wiki wax eloquent over WHY Israel invaded Lebanon to begin with?

A VERY bloody one! This is what I've been saying as well. A short breathing space to rest and rearm and then the main event will begin. They have already started the battle cry - "Next to Jerusalem" and the Israelis are going to be like "allow us to retort!"

I am not sure of the reliability ... but from what I hear ... both sides are backing down a bit ... just the ones in Syria are not having any of it ... both sees an opportunity to drag others into the quagmire to ease the load on themselves ... I hope better sense prevails

• Like 1

And does wiki wax eloquent over WHY Israel invaded Lebanon to begin with?

Which time? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_invasion_of_Lebanon

First one was in response to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_Road_massacre

which killed 38 Israeli civilians so Israel then killed killed 1,100–2,000 Lebanese and Palestinians only 20 Israelis died in the conflict and of course the internal displacement of 100,000 to 250,000 people in Lebanon.... Yeah seems fair.. lol

• Like 1

Which time? lol

http://en.wikipedia....sion_of_Lebanon

First one was in response to this:

http://en.wikipedia....l_Road_massacre

which killed 38 Israeli civilians so Israel then killed killed 1,100–2,000 Lebanese and Palestinians only 20 Israelis died in the conflict and of course the internal displacement of 100,000 to 250,000 people in Lebanon.... Yeah seems fair.. lol

Nice try. Arafat had a cozy little training camp there and rockets were falling just as they did from Gaza before Cast Lead. You'd think these people would twig to the idea that Israel will BUST your a$$ if you kill their citizens. And whoever said war was fair? Is there a rule book about proportional casualties? Here's a novel idea - leave them alone and let them live in peace.

Nice try. Arafat had a cozy little training camp there and rockets were falling just as they did from Gaza before Cast Lead. You'd think these people would twig to the idea that Israel will BUST your a$$ if you kill their citizens. And whoever said war was fair? Is there a rule book about proportional casualties? Here's a novel idea - leave them alone and let them live in peace.

Oh of course war advocates innocent killing. lol

Well others are the same with that respect, kill their people and they "bust your ass" as you so maturely put it. You expect everyone else to take Israels S*** and not retaliate but it's alright for Israel to retaliate? Wow how biased is that?!

Oh of course war advocates innocent killing. lol

Well others are the same with that respect, kill their people and they "bust your ass" as you so maturely put it. You expect everyone else to take Israels S*** and not retaliate but it's alright for Israel to retaliate? Wow how biased is that?!

I fully expect anyone who is unjustly attacked to strike back. But if you are trying to arm my enemy so he can kill my kids, well, just say I will handle that as I need to. This is not a kid's fight on a playground Coffey. If Israel decided to really launch on Assad he wouldn't last a month - maybe a week. He KNOWS this - but he may be getting desperate. If Israel does have to go in hard then he might escalate to using chemical scuds on Israel or maybe the "rebels" will shoot some. Either way, if mass casualties occur in an Israeli town or city by GAS...... Damascus is going to disappear like a fart on a breeze.

I fully expect anyone who is unjustly attacked to strike back. But if you are trying to arm my enemy so he can kill my kids, well, just say I will handle that as I need to. This is not a kid's fight on a playground Coffey. If Israel decided to really launch on Assad he wouldn't last a month - maybe a week. He KNOWS this - but he may be getting desperate. If Israel does have to go in hard then he might escalate to using chemical scuds on Israel or maybe the "rebels" will shoot some. Either way, if mass casualties occur in an Israeli town or city by GAS...... Damascus is going to disappear like a fart on a breeze.

No it's not a kids fight, but the problem is that the leader of Israel is a big ******* kid. This was made clear how he reacted to Obama. And I don't even like Obama. Israels leaders love throwing their toys out the pram.That is why they are dangerous.

Edited by Coffey

Hamas is the Mossad's foster child.

As I am sure you would quote to me, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

This is an internicine civil war based on religious differnces. I dont think one side is much better than the other, actually especaily with some alquieda and libyan jihadists working with the rebels as very effective fighters, but its a civil war. The rebels, like the rebels in egypt and libya, are no more terrorists then the southern states of america were terrorists in the american civil war.

Israel is supporting the rebels because they are the faction opposed to hezbollah, which is a direct threat to Israel security and who are terrorists in that their actions are directed against a separate independent state in a war of terror against civilian populations..

Religious differences always bring war and we never learn the lessons to the way of peace and to be good custodians of the world. How sad it is when I can hear John Lennon singing "Imagine" and the part of "no religion too"!

I some times think God would rather us be sceptical athiests than do all the wrong things that are done in his name and religion! If nations could only focus on peace and the golden rule instead of greed and dominance. God's spirit would be with us instead of the religions that are mostly man made preferences toward their own concepts of God's messages. Nations in the name of religions seem to miss the whole point of the Kingdom to come and the way toward peace and life.

• Like 2

And if the 'aftermath' turns out to be much worse? It seems that the tragedy of the ME is that all policies and decisions dealing with it, whether local or foreign, are largely based on assumptions and short term goals! Civilians are the ones who end up paying the price for these decisions. I am not supporting Assad, but I think a closer, realistic analysis of long term effects of supporting certain rebel groups is crucial. Getting rid of one tyranny just to replace it with a more oppressive one is no help to the Syrian people who will have to live with the consequences, while decision makers and think tanks are watching safely from afar!

All political goals are short term.

I agree with you about the uncertainty of what will result. It is highly likely that in; egypt, libya and syria, along with Jordan, much more radical and islamic states will come into place. That will be bad (tragic really) for the people of those states, especially the women, but it will really only make geo- politics more obvious and transparent.

As with Iran we will know exactly what we are facing. It is a pity that the radical islamists in these countries are the best equipped and most battle hardened soldiers, because it allows them a political/strategic advantage with the collapse of any regime. The assad regime, because it is formed from and backed by only a minority religious clan, does not really have the ability to hold on to Syria in any democratic form, given that the big majority of the syrian people belong to a different religious branch of islam.