Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assad: Israelis Helping Terrorists

AlasBabylon

I'm not interested in your comparisons with Pearl Harbor. You need to contravene my statements by showing evidence that Israel was attacked first and all you've done is go around in circles, rambled on like you usually do, and showed me nothing.

Your claim there was ongoing guerrilla and terrorist attacks had nothing to do with Egypt.

So, in summary, you have no evidence to your claims!!

You're problem is you don't know enough, although you like to keep on reminding us of your qualifications. You NEVER can provide evidence to your claims, as just proven above. Despite this, you continue on with your barrage of useless and biased posts.

Here's something for you to contemplate on:

• Under their partition plan, more than half of the territory went to the minority Jews, who owned just seven percent of the land (while 85 percent was owned by Arabs).
  • Contrary to popular myth, Israel was not created by the U.N. Israel was born in 1948, when the Zionist leadership unilaterally declared its existence. The neighboring Arab states took up arms against the newly declared state in the war known to Israelis as the “War of Independence”.
  • During the war, 700,000 Arabs were either driven from their homes or fled out of fear of further massacres such as had occurred at the village of Deir Yassin shortly prior to the Zionist declaration.
  • Although their right of return is guaranteed under international law, Israel has refused to allow those who fled and their descendents to return to what is rightfully their own land.
  • Since WWII there is a thing called Territorial integrity. Look it up on Wiki. Border changes and annexing territory such as the West Bank (building of settlements), Golan Hts post six day war is illegal under international law.

Since you've declared yourself to be a humanitarian, do you see anything wrong in this humanitarian injustice?

This is a typical example of what I'm talking about. You can't provide answers or evidence. :lol:

Disinformation and propaganda? Well prove me wrong then. Not interested in your personal opinions or pedigree. Provide evidence that my five bullit points above are wrong!!!

You seem offended that a member here does not follow your rules of how debate should be executed. I speak only for myself here but when I became a member I do not recall there being a set of rules by which opinions must be expressed except those of good taste and not being overly belligerent ( I managed to break even those occasionally). IOW this is not a debate club and there are no formal rules to make it such. In my opinion if you truly believe that the Arabs were innocent of any harmful motives against the Jews who decided to become a nation in Palestine then you are foolish. And frankly, you've shown yourself to be too intelligent for that to be an excuse. Tat leaves us with you supporting what the Arabs wanted then and now. No problem, we all have a choice but you should man up and just declare.

You seem offended that a member here does not follow your rules of how debate should be executed. I speak only for myself here but when I became a member I do not recall there being a set of rules by which opinions must be expressed except those of good taste and not being overly belligerent ( I managed to break even those occasionally). IOW this is not a debate club and there are no formal rules to make it such. In my opinion if you truly believe that the Arabs were innocent of any harmful motives against the Jews who decided to become a nation in Palestine then you are foolish. And frankly, you've shown yourself to be too intelligent for that to be an excuse. Tat leaves us with you supporting what the Arabs wanted then and now. No problem, we all have a choice but you should man up and just declare.

I haven't got the interest or the authority to throw the rules book at anybody. Excuse me if I'm simply seeking answers from someone who's posting with preconceived ideas on how he sees the situation from his academically superior point of view (and hasn't he told us all about it), yet no evidence, fact or logic will nudge him from his stance.

In truth, I haven't even provided too many links, just facts based on what I know. Yet, I just seem to get this constant diatribe of lengthy responses, giving the same spill over and over again.

Feels more like someone's preaching a sermon.

• Like 1

True, but it is interesting HOW democarcy came to most states in this region

Colonial powers had drawn national boundaries, set up local governments

and introduced electoral systems of political representation in the post-

Ottoman Middle East, including in the monarchies of Egypt, Iraq and Jordan. This

step, in turn, promoted the emergence of modern conceptions of citizenship and

reinforced perceptions of the state as an agent of public welfare. It established new

domains of rights and new forms of political competition for control of mechanisms of mass mobilization including political parties, trade unions and professional associations.

Democracy was an institution introduced from outside, and unfortunately was connected to the "arbitrary' political divison of states and territories, which ignored natural ethnic and religious divides

Prior to the fifties the middle east had one of the lowest levels of socio economic development in the world. Much of the trouble there today grows from the revolutions in social and economic development imposed over a basically religious, patrichal, feudal, and agricultural society, in less than a couple of decades. It took europe centuries to manage this change.

While it is "interesting" to contemplate HOW democracy and the parliamentary system started, their origin has negligable bearing on the fact that awareness of, and aspiration for civic rights have taken root even among those 'patriarchal, feudal' communities. The world is getting smaller, more connected, and people in the ME are aware of and demanding their civil rigths. The main call in the Egyptian revolution in 2011 was "bread, liberty, and social justice". It would be extremely inaccurate to assume that the concepts of democracy and basic human rights are superimposed from above, or because of their origin, remain 'foreign' in contemporary ME.

A second assumption is that all ME countries are artificial creations of colonial powers. Countries like Egypt predate said powers. The borders of Egypt were drawn by Mina about 7000 years ago. Despite the difficulties met by minorities, I can tell you that as a Copt I am totally against the concept of dividing Egypt along ethnic or religious lines, and the majority of Copts, and Egyptians in general, agree with me. The artificial borders apply more to the countries of the Levant, but not to all of the ME. Though Lebanon went through 15 years of civil war, there were no serious demands for splitting it along ethnic and religious lines. The ME is a mosaic, but awareness of national identity has taken hold. As for the low level of economic development in the 20th century, the situation in Egypt during the last two years is tougher on the poor than during the 1950s due the to total inability and utter failure of the MB who came to power to a large extent because of pressure exercised on SCAF by 'foreign powers' executing short-term political goals.

I have nothing more to add to the subject, and it is my birthday, so you will excuse me if I withdraw from a discussion of the depressive state of affairs in the ME!

• Like 2

The Boston attack was with simple chemical explosives in a pressure cooker. Simple but deadly, as we saw. Governments build much more elaborate toys.

But no links to Syria as a state.

If ANY group gets them due to the government of Syria falling and they are used against a western city will it matter who did it at that point?

Then I suggest we stop interfering, arming terrorists and destabilising the region, you might think its conspiracy to claim we ignored the Syrian claims the rebels were terrorists and then to claim we ignored them because of the anti Israeli agenda they have and close links to Iran..fine but you have to wonder why did we ? when only a year later the west are labelling the rebels terrorists too, what's interesting is Syria was an allies of the west during the Iraq war and voiced concerns about the amount of extreme insurgents crossing the border into Syria from Iraq..and then two decades later the country erupts

Are you so wrapped in the defense of whatever your beliefs are that you cannot see the truth of what I said? Or do you simply believe that everything is some conspiracy and there is never any real danger from the people who have vowed to destroy us?

I think the 'truth' is actually hard to know during conflict, and its easy to summarise from a bias perspective and then claim all other opinion is conspiracy, but you hint at what I believe is the truth reason why we ignored Syrian claims and why we took the side of the rebels against Assad "real danger from the people who have vowed to destroy us?" I take it you mean US being Israel? and Iran being the danger?. or do you mean Islam extremists and us being the world ?

If that is true then you are foolish at best.

I require the facts all of them so I can fully understand the issue or at least try, sure we have a major threat from terrorism, an alleged threat to Israel also exists, we also have the west destabilising the region behind the democracy banner, we also have the west seeking to neutralise any threats to Israel and Zionism, I prefer not to be manipulated by obviously ultra bias rhetoric such as the type you own, but I am however open to being wrong when the truth appears and admitting if it differs from my opinion,

For my concerns to be valid I must be able to write chapter and verse on the identities of any group of individuals who might be able to obtain (buy, steal, find lying in rubble) a chemical artillery shell or bomb or missile? Or do you imagine that in the chaos of this war, there is some chain of control for these weapons that is unbreakable?

I think its short sighted at best to just skip to the chaos of war and ignore the whole series of events leading up to it, and to just dismiss everything you don't agree with as conspiracy

• Like 2

While it is "interesting" to contemplate HOW democracy and the parliamentary system started, their origin has negligable bearing on the fact that awareness of, and aspiration for civic rights have taken root even among those 'patriarchal, feudal' communities. The world is getting smaller, more connected, and people in the ME are aware of and demanding their civil rigths. The main call in the Egyptian revolution in 2011 was "bread, liberty, and social justice". It would be extremely inaccurate to assume that the concepts of democracy and basic human rights are superimposed from above, or because of their origin, remain 'foreign' in contemporary ME.

A second assumption is that all ME countries are artificial creations of colonial powers. Countries like Egypt predate said powers. The borders of Egypt were drawn by Mina about 7000 years ago. Despite the difficulties met by minorities, I can tell you that as a Copt I am totally against the concept of dividing Egypt along ethnic or religious lines, and the majority of Copts, and Egyptians in general, agree with me. The artificial borders apply more to the countries of the Levant, but not to all of the ME. Though Lebanon went through 15 years of civil war, there were no serious demands for splitting it along ethnic and religious lines. The ME is a mosaic, but awareness of national identity has taken hold. As for the low level of economic development in the 20th century, the situation in Egypt during the last two years is tougher on the poor than during the 1950s due the to total inability and utter failure of the MB who came to power to a large extent because of pressure exercised on SCAF by 'foreign powers' executing short-term political goals.

I have nothing more to add to the subject, and it is my birthday, so you will excuse me if I withdraw from a discussion of the depressive state of affairs in the ME!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

So what are you even doing commenting in this thread? The thread is about Israel helping terrorists and you don't have an answer or evidence this is untrue?

So you just ignored the HR link I provided and give your personal opinion again!! :clap:

The UN has no armed forces? There goes your theory "that it is a global and international responsibilty to stop oppression."!! So WHO is it up to?

Now YOU ARE justifying oppression. Which is it Mr Walker???

You are comparing racial discrimination and segregation of a minority group against the acts of a ruling party ideology against all it's population. Try using some of your grey matter. Whats worst, to be considered an inferior human being by the governing laws of a country or state you were born in or to be an equal citizen of a country who's lost certain democratic freedom by an extreme ideology?

You stand by your statement? Disgraceful!! Go and re-read your civil war statement and then explain what any of the above has to do with it. What are you trying to compare, that discrimination against blacks didn't occur because your rule of judgement is the Stailinist treatment of Russians? ARE YOU FOR REAL!!

[sIGH] Mr Walker, Mr Walker.. :no::sleepy:

You know. Perhaps I've been misjudging you. If you are an arab australian or a muslim, then I can appeciate the honesty of your world view even if, in my opinion, it is misguided and incorrect.

Otherwise you are just not thinking logicallyor are a natural rebel against orthodox opinions (orthodox as in established and mainstream) You really do not carefully read or understand my posts do you? And for some reason you think personal comments can influence facts or the outcome of a debate or you just enjoy using wha tyou think is ridicule But you, know ridicule doesnt work against someone who is right.

It is a global and international responsibility to stop aggression, and as the UN can't do it, it falls to countries who can. Of course, you see those opposing aggression as the aggressors, which creates a dichotomy of views. IMO America and the worlds western democracies are the good guys in the fight against oppression in many countries. The "liberation fighters" in too many of those countries usually end up installing their own oppresive governments.

In australia you are free to express a different view thanks largely to american involvement in our past history. That does not make your views either right or productive.

It is logical for Israel to use a smaller terrorist threat to undermine a larger threat to its integrity. If no threats existed israel would not have to defend itself.

I haven't got the interest or the authority to throw the rules book at anybody. Excuse me if I'm simply seeking answers from someone who's posting with preconceived ideas on how he sees the situation from his academically superior point of view (and hasn't he told us all about it), yet no evidence, fact or logic will nudge him from his stance.

In truth, I haven't even provided too many links, just facts based on what I know. Yet, I just seem to get this constant diatribe of lengthy responses, giving the same spill over and over again.

Feels more like someone's preaching a sermon.

I wasn't throwing either at you. Sorry it seemed that way. But when some people here treat UM as a forum for erudite debate I enjoy reading but am unable to properly participate - that not being a skill of mine. Thankfully, opinions without proof are still okay here. When that stops being the case I guess I'll be unwelcome and I'd miss being here :)
  • Like 1

I wasn't throwing either at you. Sorry it seemed that way. But when some people here treat UM as a forum for erudite debate I enjoy reading but am unable to properly participate - that not being a skill of mine. Thankfully, opinions without proof are still okay here. When that stops being the case I guess I'll be unwelcome and I'd miss being here :)

Heaven forbid, we wouldn't want to loose your valid Zionist contribution and points of view now would we. :whistle:

Opinions without proof become irritating when the person giving the opinion insistently wants to pass them as factual, by default, because of his academic achievements and age. Other than that, who am I to decide the methodology of the responses.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

Happy birthday and I hope you aren't too depressed. Egypt is indeed somewhat unique in the ME.

My point about democracy is actually the same as yours. Democracy only "sticks" when it is demanded by citizens, not when it is imposed over older traditions by a colonial power.

One solution to the problem of artificial states can be the imposition of a strong state over divided peoples. Another, however, is the division of states into more natural groupings. The colonial powers made a terrible mess in africa, particularly, by just dividing the continent up into new nations from their colonial territories. The balkans showed how artificial hegemonies can violently self destruct once restrictive central controls are removed. As in the balkans, lebanon was, for a long while, phsically divided into territories held by opposing religious groups, with distinct boundaries and no go zones. Today it is nominally united but largely as a puppet state of syria.

The survival of copts in egypt really depends on a democratic state which does not enforce islamic law and beliefs on all its citizens, or a strong non democratic state which protects its minorities.

Heaven forbid, we wouldn't want to loose your valid Zionist contribution and points of view now would we. :whistle:

Opinions without proof become irritating when the person giving the opinion insistently wants to pass them as factual, by default, because of his academic achievements and age. Other than that, who am I to decide the methodology of the responses.

Anyway, back to the topic.

As i said I don't need to provide proofs, because I am describing established and known history (no one needs to provide proofs that Germany and japan were aggressors in world war 2 for example)

If you desire to rewrite that history then, indeed, the onus is on you to provide very definitive proofs in order to do so. Nothing I have seen from you so far is convincing proof that "orthodox/traditional" history got the causes and aggressors in the arab israeli conflict wrong. My academic credentials and age only indicate that i have experience and knowledge in this area. I dont get my knowledge or world views fromm the internet and modern revisioist theories I got it the old fashiooed academic way Also I am old enough to KNOW how this conflict started and progressed and to asses that against modern realities. Peole who see only the modern plight of the palestinians feel sympathy for them and think they must be innocent victims. In a way they are, but of their brother arabs not of the Israelis.

If you accept the legitimate establishment of israel under international law, then Israel cannot be held responsible for ANY of the tragedy which unfolded. It IS responsible for how it responds today, but it remains constrained in what it can do, by ongoing threats against the state and people of Israel.

Black red devil

I am going to do this once and one only,

Sorry to cut and paste, but i suspect you do not bother reading links i provide. Here is (some of) the evidence of arab threats against Israel. Now could you find me one occasion please where Israel has threatend to eliminate any arab state or peoples.

"Our aim is the full restoration of the rights of the Palestinian people. In other words, we aim at the destruction of the State of Israel. The immediate aim: perfection of Arab military might. The national aim: the eradication of Israel." – President Nasser of Egypt, November 18, 1965

"Brothers, it is our duty to prepare for the final battle in Palestine." – Nasser, Palestine Day, 1967

"Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight . . . The mining of Sharm el Sheikh is a confrontation with Israel. Adopting this measure obligates us to be ready to embark on a general war with Israel." – Nasser, May 27, 1967

"We will not accept any ... coexistence with Israel. ... Today the issue is not the establishment of peace between the Arab states and Israel .... The war with Israel is in effect since 1948." – Nasser, May 28, 1967

"The armies of Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon are poised on the borders of Israel . . . . to face the challenge, while standing behind us are the armies of Iraq, Algeria, Kuwait, Sudan and the whole Arab nation. This act will astound the world. Today they will know that the Arabs are arranged for battle, the critical hour has arrived. We have reached the stage of serious action and not declarations." – Nasser, May, 30, 1967 after signing a defense pact with Jordan's King Hussein

"We are now ready to confront Israel .... The issue now at hand is not the Gulf of Aqaba, the Straits of Tiran, or the withdrawal of UNEF, but the ... aggression which took place in Palestine ... with the collaboration of Britain and the United States." – Nasser, June 2, 1967

"Under terms of the military agreement signed with Jordan, Jordanian artillery co-ordinated with the forces of Egypt and Syria is in a position to cut Israel in two at Kalkilya, where Israeli territory between the Jordan armistice line and the Mediterranean Sea is only twelve kilometers wide ... ." – El Akhbar newspaper, Cairo, May 31, 1967

Cairo Radio Statements:

May 19, 1967: "This is our chance Arabs, to deal Israel a mortal blow of annihilation, to blot out its entire presence in our holy land"

May 22, 1967: "The Arab people is firmly resolved to wipe Israel off the map"

May 25, 1967: "The Gulf of Aqaba, by the dictum of history and the protection of our soldiers, is Arab, Arab, Arab."

May 25, 1967: "Millions of Arabs are ... preparing to blow up all of America's interests, all of America's installations, and your entire existence, America."

May 27, 1967: "We challenge you, Eshkol, to try all your weapons. Put them to the test; they will spell Israel's death and annihilation."

May 30, 1967: "With the closing of the Gulf of Akaba, Israel is faced with two alternatives either of which will destroy it; it will either be strangled to death by the Arab military and economic boycott, or it will perish by the fire of the Arab forces encompassing it from the South from the North and from the East."

May 30, 1967: "The world will know that the Arabs are girded for battle as the fateful hour approaches."

Jordan

"All of the Arab armies now surround Israel. The UAR, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Lebanon, Algeria, Sudan, and Kuwait. ... There is no difference between one Arab people and another, no difference between one Arab army and another." – King Hussein of Jordan,after signing the pact with Egypt May 30, 1967

Iraq

"The existence of Israel is an error which must be rectified. This is our opportunity to wipe out the ignominy which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear – to wipe Israel off the map. We shall, God willing, meet in Tel Aviv and Haifa." – President Abdel Rahman Aref of Iraq, May 31, 1967

Palestinians

"D-Day is approaching. The Arabs have waited 19 years for this and will not flinch from the war of liberation." – Ahmed Shukairy, Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization, May 27, 1967

"This is a fight for the homeland – it is either us or the Israelis. There is no middle road. The Jews of Palestine will have to leave. We will facilitate their departure to their former homes. Any of the old Palestine Jewish population who survive may stay, but it is my impression that none of them will survive." – Shukairy, June 1, 1967

"We shall destroy Israel and its inhabitants and as for the survivors – if there are any – the boats are ready to deport them." – Shukairy, June 1, 1967, speaking at a Friday sermon in Jerusalem

Syria

Syria's forces are "ready not only to repulse the aggression, but to initiate the act of liberation itself, and to explode the Zionist presence in the Arab homeland. The Syrian army, with its finger on the trigger, is united.... I as a military man, believe that the time has come to enter into a battle of annihilation." – Syrian Defense Minister Hafez Assad, May 20, 1967

"Our two brotherly countries have turned into one mobilized force. The withdrawal of the UN forces ... means 'make way, our forces are on their way to battle.'" – Foreign Minister Makhous on his return from Cairo

Others

"The freedom of the homeland will be completed by the destruction of the Zionist entity and the expulsion of the Americans and the British from the region." – Algerian Prime Minister Houari Boumedienne

"We want war. War is the only way to settle the problem of Israel. The Arabs are ready." – Yemeni Foreign Minister Salam

General References

1) Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Mitchell G. Bard, 2001

2) Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Martin Gilbert, 1993

3) Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East, Michael B. Oren, 2002

Kill the Jews wherever you find them. This pleases God, history and religion.”

- Haj Amin al-Husseini, Mufti of Jerusalem

(Radio Berlin, March 1, 1944; quoted in Robert Wistrich, Muslim Anti-Semitism: A Clear and Present Danger [American Jewish Committee, 2002], p47)

“I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Tartar massacre or the Crusader wars.”

- Azzam Pasha, Secretary-General of the Arab League

(Akhbar al-Yom, Egypt, October 11, 1947; quoted in David Barnett and Efraim Karsh, “Azzam’s Genocidal Threat,” Middle East Quarterly, Fall 2011)

“If the Jewish state becomes a fact, and this is realized by the Arab peoples, they will drive the Jews who live in their midst into the sea… Even if we are beaten now in Palestine, we will never submit. We will never accept the Jewish state... But for politics, the Egyptian army alone, or volunteers of the Muslim Brotherhood, could have destroyed the Jews.”

- Hassan al-Banna, Muslim Brotherhood founder

(New York Times, August 2, 1948)

“In demanding the return of the Palestinian refugees the Arabs mean their return as masters, not slaves, or to put it more clearly – the intention is the extermination of Israel.”

- Salah al-Din, Egyptian Foreign Minister

(Al-Misri, Egypt, October 11, 1949; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], p239)

“Israel, to the Arab world, is like a cancer to the human body, and the only way of remedy is to uproot it just like a cancer… Had we united then [in 1948] Israel would not have come into existence. Israel is a serious wound in the Arab world body, and we cannot endure the pain of this wound forever. We don’t have the patience to see Israel remain occupying part of Palestine for long… We Arabs total about 50,000,000. Why don’t we sacrifice 10,000,000 of our number to live in pride and self-respect?”

- King Saud of Saudi Arabia

(New York Times, January 10, 1954)

“Is not Israel’s isolation a natural result of her racial artificiality, a patchwork society of German, Polish, East European recruits, of her cultural and political singularity, and to the fact that she does not belong, and should not belong to that part of the Arab world upon which she was imposed by outside force? … No international intrigue, no force whatsoever can oblige the Arabs to accept the intruders whose hands are still stained with the blood of other Arabs…”

- M. Samir Ahmed, Egyptian Embassy Press Secretary

(Letter, Washington Post, September 20, 1955)

“We are awaiting aggression by Israel and any supporters of Israel. We will make it a decisive battle and get rid of Israel once and for all… This is the dream of every Arab.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser, President of Egypt

(Washington Post, July 27, 1959)

“If the refugees return to Israel – Israel will cease to exist.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Zuercher Woche, West Germany, September 1, 1961; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], p239)

“... collective Arab military preparations, when they are completed, will constitute the ultimate practical means for the final liquidation of Israel.”

- Arab League

(Summit Declaration, January 1964; quoted in Avi Shlaim, The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World [Penguin, 2001], p230)

“Our path to Palestine will not be covered with a red carpet or with yellow sand. Our path to Palestine will be covered with blood… In order that we may liberate Palestine, the Arab nation must unite, the Arab armies must unite, and a unified plan of action must be established.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Pre-election speech, 1965; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Islamic Imperialism: A History [Yale University Press, 2007], p162)

“The day on which the Arab hope for the return of the refugees to Palestine is realized will be the day of Israel’s extermination.”

- Abdallah al-Yafi, Lebanese Prime Minister

(Al-Hayat, April 29, 1966; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], p239)

“We have decided to drench this land with our blood, to oust you, aggressors, and throw you into the sea for good.”

- Syrian government broadcast

(Radio Damascus, May 24, 1966; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p59)

“We will carry on operations until Israel has been eliminated.”

(Radio Damascus, January 16, 1967; quoted in Michael B. Oren, Six Days of War [Oxford University Press, 2002], p42)

“We challenge you, Eshkol, to try all your weapons. Put them to the test; they will spell Israel’s death and annihilation.”

- Egyptian government broadcast

(Voice of the Arabs, May 16, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p82)

“The Zionist barrack in Palestine is about to collapse and be destroyed… Every one of the hundred million Arabs has been living for the past nineteen years on one hope - to live to see the day Israel is liquidated… There is no life, no peace nor hope for the gangs of Zionism to remain in the occupied land.”

(Voice of the Arabs, May 18, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p105)

“It is our chance, Arabs, to direct a blow of death and annihilation to Israel and all its presence in our Holy Land. It is a war for which we are waiting and in which we shall triumph.”

(Voice of the Arabs, May 19, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p105)

“[syrian forces are ready for] the liberation operation to explode Zionist existence.”

- Hafez Assad, Syrian Defence Minister

(New York Times, May 21, 1967)

“... the time has come to get rid of the Zionist cancer in Palestine.”

- Taher Yahia, Vice-Premier of Iraq

“Fight, Arabs. Let them know that we shall hang the last imperialist soldier with the entrails of the last Zionist.”

(Radio Damascus, May 23, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p59)

“Israel lacks the strength to endure against the Arabs even for one hour. The Arab people’s decision is unfaltering: to wipe Israel off the face of the map…”

(Radio Damascus, May 23, 1967; quoted in Moshe Shemesh, “Did Shuqayri Call For ‘Throwing the Jews into the Sea?” Israel Studies, Summer 2003, p79)

“We knew that by closing the Gulf of Aqaba it might mean war with Israel. [if war comes] it will be total and the objective will be to destroy Israel.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Washington Post, May 27, 1967)

“The hour has come to end Israel’s existence.”

- Sheikh Ahmed Kaftaro, Grand Mufti of Syria

(New York Times, May 28, 1967)

“With the closing of the Straits [of Tiran], Israel faces two possibilities, both of which are blood-soaked: either it will die by strangulation in the wake of the Arab military and economic blockade, or it will die by shooting from the Arab forces surrounding it in the south, north and east.”

(Radio Cairo, May 27, 1967; quoted in Moshe Shemesh, “Did Shuqayri Call For ‘Throwing the Jews into the Sea?” Israel Studies, Summer 2003, p79)

“We shall destroy Israel and those behind Israel.”

- General Tahar Zbiri, Algerian Chief of Staff

“Whoever survives will stay in Palestine, but in my opinion, no-one will remain alive.”

- Ahmed Shuqayri, PLO founder

(Al-Yawm, Lebanon, June 3, 1967; quoted in Moshe Shemesh, “Did Shuqayri Call For ‘Throwing the Jews into the Sea?’” Israel Studies, Summer 2003, p72)

“Strike the enemy’s settlements, turn them into dust, pave the Arab roads with the skulls of Jews.”

- Hafez Assad

(Michael B. Oren, Six Days of War [Oxford University Press, 2002], p293)

“By God, if it is decreed that we have to wade through seven seas of blood and that the whole region has to sink in blood to get revenge for its honor and dignity, then we will wade through the seas of blood.”

(Radio Damascus, June 11, 1967, quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p118)

“The operation of liberation is not merely removing an imperialistic base, but what is more important: the extermination of a society; not only is military defeat the aim in the Palestinian war of liberation, but the liquidation of the Zionist character of the occupied land, whether in manpower or in society.”

- Fatah statement

(Liberation of the Occupied Lands and the Method of Struggle Against Direct Colonialism, September 1967; quoted in Y. Harkabi, The Palestinian Covenant and its Meaning [Vallentine Mitchell, 1979], pp47-8)

“The real Palestine problem is the existence of Israel in Palestine. As long as a Zionist existence remains even in a tiny part of it - that will mean occupation. The important thing is to liquidate the Israel occupation, and there is no difference between the territories lately occupied and those occupied before.”

(Radio Cairo, March 17, 1968, quoted in Gil Carl AlRoy, “Do the Arabs Want Peace?” Commentary, February 1974)

“The partition of Palestine in 1947 and the establishment of the State of Israel are entirely illegal, regardless of the passage of time…” (Article 19); “The Balfour Declaration, the Mandate for Palestine and everything that has been based upon them, are deemed null and void.” (Article 20); “… the liberation of Palestine will destroy the Zionist and imperialist presence…” (Article 22).

- PLO Covenant

(Palestine National Council, July 1-17, 1968; reprinted Y. Harkabi, The Palestinian Covenant and its Meaning [Vallentine Mitchell, 1979])

“There is no room in the Middle East for Arab nationalism and Zionist nationalism… in the Middle East there is no room for the Arab nation and Israel…”

- Mohammed Heikal, Nasser’s adviser and spokesman

(Al-Ahram, February 21, 1969; quoted in Yehoshafat Harkabi, Palestinians and Israel [Keter Books, 1974], p1)

“We must fight our way to victory on a sea of blood and a horizon of fire.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Wall Street Journal, November 14, 1969)

“I believe that we now have a duty to remove the aggressor from our land and to regain the Arab territory occupied by the Israelis. We can then engage in a clandestine struggle to liberate the land of Palestine, to liberate Haifa and Jaffa.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Meeting with King Hussein, 1970; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Islamic Imperialism: A History [Yale University Press, 2007], p172)

“We shall never stop until we can go back home and Israel is destroyed… The goal of our struggle is the end of Israel, and there can be no compromises or mediations… the goal of this violence is the elimination of Zionism from Palestine in all its political, economic and military aspects… We don’t want peace, we want victory. Peace for us means Israel’s destruction and nothing else. ”

- Yasser Arafat, PLO chairman

(Washington Post, March 29, 1970)

“There are only two specific Arab goals at present: elimination of the consequences of the 1967 aggression through Israel’s withdrawal from all the lands it occupied that year, and elimination of the consequences of the 1948 aggression through the eradication of Israel. The second goal is not, in fact, specific but abstract, and some of us make the mistake of starting with the second step instead of the first… we should learn from the enemy how to move step by step.”

- Mohammed Heikal, Sadat’s adviser and spokesman

(Al-Ahram, February 25, 1971; quoted in Theodore Draper, “The Road to Geneva,” Commentary, February 1974)

“If the political efforts succeed and some sort of a political solution is found which will eliminate the traces of aggression, this would by no means bring an end to our struggle against Zionism and imperialism, and will by no means bring a happy conclusion to our fateful battle against the United States and Israel, because no political settlement whatsoever could eliminate the basic contradiction which exists – and will continue to exist – between the Arab nation on the one hand and American imperialism and Zionism on the other… As long as the racist colonialist entity continues to burden the usurped land of Palestine, there will be a ‘focus’ for threat, expansion and aggression, a ‘center’ for counter-revolution, and a ‘broadcasting station’ for psychological warfare. Thus a political solution cannot by any means bring an end to the battle against the enemy.”

- Ahmed Nabil al-Hilali, Arab Socialist Union, Egypt

(Al-Katib, March 1971; quoted in Yehoshafat Harkabi, Palestinians and Israel [Keter Books, 1974], pp146-7)

“Once again, total Israeli withdrawal, if it were to take place, would be tantamount to showing that military strength is irrelevant to the outcome of the conflict… If you could succeed in bringing it about, you would have passed sentence on the entire state of Israel.”

(Interview, Journal of Palestine Studies, Autumn 1971, p7)

“The books published about Hitler depict him as a scoundrel who turned on other nations… his favourite dish seems to have been the Jews. He burned and drowned them because they are traitors to every land… People all over the world have come to realise that Hitler was right, since Jews respect neither law, religion, nor moral values. They are bloodsuckers and interested in destroying the whole world so that Israel shall remain. They are interested in destroying the whole world which has thrust them out of its midst, expelled them and despised them for centuries… and burned them in Hitler’s crematoria… one million… two million… six million.”

- Anis Mansour, Sadat’s associate and government commentator

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, August 19, 1973; quoted in New York Times, October 21, 1973)

“The demand for an Israeli withdrawal from all the occupied Arab territory is a partial demand which the Arab states call for as part of a general liberation plan whose purpose is to bring an end to the racist colonial presence in Palestine…”

- Egyptian government editorial

(Al-Gomhouria, Egypt, September 25, 1973; quoted in New York Times, October 21, 1973)

“Our forces continue to pursue the enemy and strike at him and will continue to strike at enemy forces until we regain our positions in our occupied land and continue then until we liberate the whole land.”

- Hafez Assad, President of Syria

(Radio Damascus, October 15, 1973; reprinted in Walter Laqueur, ed., The Israel-Arab Reader [bantam Books, rev. ed., 1976], p459)

“The issue is not just the liberation of the Arab territories occupied since June 5, 1967, but strikes against the future of Israel more powerfully and in a more profound manner, although this is not obvious right now. This means that if the Arabs are able to liberate their territories occupied since June 5, 1967 by force, what can prevent them in the next stage from liberating Palestine itself by force?”

(Al-Ahram, October 19, 1973; quoted in Theodore Draper, “The Road to Geneva,” Commentary, February 1974; Gil Carl AlRoy, “Do the Arabs Want Peace?” Commentary, February 1974)

“All our moves are based on four general principles: continued use of the rifle, no waiving of historical rights, no peace, and no negotiations… Whatever form of government is established in the territory when the shadow of occupation passes away, whenever I address my fighters and revolutionaries, I shall say: ‘Let our rifles be aimed at the beloved land, the land of the homeland, the land of Palestine.’”

- Yasser Arafat

(Al-Safir, Beirut, March 26, 1974; Journal of Palestine Studies, Summer 1974, pp212-3)

“The [Palestine] Liberation Organization will employ all means, and first and foremost armed struggle, to liberate Palestinian territory and to establish the independent combatant national authority for the people over every part of Palestinian territory that is liberated” (Article 2); “Once it is established, the Palestinian national authority will strive to achieve a union of the confrontation countries, with the aim of completing the liberation of all Palestinian territory…” (Article 8).

- PLO Phased Plan

(Wafa, Beirut, June 9, 1974; Journal of Palestine Studies, Summer 1974, p224)

“The effort of our generation is to return to the 1967 borders. Afterward the next generation will carry the responsibility.”

- Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt

(Al-Anwar, June 22, 1975; quoted in Y. Harkabi, Arab Strategies and Israel’s Response [Free Press, 1977], p55)

Q: “Are you saying that if Israel withdraws to its pre-’67 borders and recognizes the national rights of the Palestinians to a separate state of your own, the Palestine Liberation Organization would be prepared to accept the reality of Israel’s existence?”

A: “No, I am saying that the Israelis have two choices: to let all the Palestinians return to their land and have this democratic state we propose, or to live in this so-called state of Israel without letting the Palestinians return. If they choose the latter, they will surely die and we will surely win… this Zionist ghetto of Israel must be destroyed… We will unite the whole region in one state, not just Palestine.”

- Farouk Kaddoumi, Director of the PLO Political Department

(Newsweek, January 5, 1976)

“Let us all die, let us all be killed, let us all be assassinated, but we will not recognize Israel.”

- Salah Khalaf (Abu Iyad), PLO deputy leader

(New York Times, February 17, 1976)

“Israel is an alien body in the Arab sea. This body is bound to disappear given the effective medicine – a united Arab front.”

- Abu Hassan, PLO representative

(Foreign Broadcast Information Service, September 26, 1977; quoted in The New Republic, October 18, 1980)

“I want to tell Carter and Begin that when the Arabs set off their volcano there will be only Arabs in this part of the world… Our people will continue to fuel the torch of the revolution with rivers of blood until the whole of the occupied homeland is liberated, the whole of the homeland is liberated, not just a part of it.”

- Yasser Arafat

(Associated Press, March 12, 1979)

“Peace for us means the destruction of Israel. We are preparing for an all-out war, a war which will last for generations… We shall not rest until the day when we return to our home, and until we destroy Israel.”

- Yasser Arafat

(El Mundo, Venezuela, February 11, 1980; The Times, UK, August 5, 1980)

“Fatah is a nationalist revolutionary movement bent on the complete liberation of Palestine [and] the liquidation of the Zionist entity economically, militarily, politically, culturally and intellectually…”

- Fatah Congress resolution

(Associated Press, June 5, 1980)

“Without any doubt the PLO is entirely in agreement with the [Fatah] resolution… We wish at any price to liquidate the State of Israel.”

- Ibrahim Souss, PLO representative

(Europe No. 1 Radio, France, June 16, 1980; The Times, UK, August 5, 1980)

“We shall never allow Israel to live in peace… We shall never recognize Israel, never accept the usurper, the colonialist, the imperialist.”

- Farouk Kaddoumi

(Der Stern, West Germany, July 30, 1981)

“The establishment of a Palestinian state over part of the Palestinian soil does not amount to a renunciation of the strategic aim. It is a pity that Israel realizes that… and knows that the establishment of such a state constitutes the reassertion of Palestinian identity and the beginning of the end for Israel.”

- Shafiq al-Hut, Director of the PLO’s Beirut office

(Al-Anba, Kuwait, March 20, 1983; quoted in Barry Rubin, Revolution Until Victory? The Politics and History of the PLO [Harvard University Press, 1994], p70)

“The Palestinian people will achieve an independent Palestinian state which will be the start of the liberation of the entire homeland. This is the beginning of the liberation and not its end or a halt along the borders of that state. The Palestinian state which shall arise shall be the beginning of the end of Israel.”

- Salah Khalaf (Abu Iyad)

(Al-Qabas, Kuwait, November 10, 1984; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate For Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], pp398-9)

“The Prophet of Allah… says: ‘The Last Hour would not come until the Muslims fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them, and until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim or Servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him…’” (Article 7); “They are behind the French Revolution, the Communist Revolution and most of the revolutions here and there which we have heard of and are hearing of. With wealth they formed secret organizations throughout the world to destroy societies and promote the Zionist cause; these organizations included the Freemasons, the Rotary and Lions clubs, and others... They are behind the First World War… They are behind the Second World War…” (Article 22); “the Zionist plan has no bounds, and after Palestine they wish to expand from the Nile River to the Euphrates… such is their plan in the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion” (Article 32).

- Hamas Covenant

(Gaza, August 18, 1988; reprinted in Journal of Palestine Studies, Summer 1993, pp122-34)

“Palestine, whose shape resembles a dagger, doesn’t know the meaning of partition. Our independence does not mean the partition of the dagger, but rather, its penetration into the soil of the homeland… Those who expect the collapse of the Zionist structure through one decisive hit… don’t realize how the masses create their own power through a sequence of interrelated historical phases.”

- Ahmed Abd a-Rahman, Fatah chief spokesman

(Falastin al-Thawra, November 27, 1988; Jerusalem Post, December 21, 1988)

“The borders of our state… represent only a part of our national aspirations. We will strive to expand them so as to realize our ambition for the entire territory of Palestine.”

(Al-Anba, Kuwait, December 5, 1988; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Arafat’s War: The Man and his Battle for Israeli Conquest [Grove Press, 2003], p51)

“The establishment of a Palestinian state on any part of Palestine is but a step toward the whole of Palestine.”

(Al-Anba, Kuwait, December 13, 1988; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Arafat’s War: The Man and his Battle for Israeli Conquest [Grove Press, 2003], p51)

“It is [an] incontrovertible fact that Palestine is Arab-Islamic and that the Jews are the scum of humanity that gathered from the four corners of the earth and conquered our land… Treachery flows in their blood, as the Quran testifies.”

(Al-Qabas, November 28, 1989; quoted in Barry Rubin, Revolution Until Victory? The Politics and History of the PLO [Harvard University Press, 1994], p180)

“... the so-called ‘State of Israel’ was one of the consequences of World War II and should disappear, like the Berlin Wall has along with the other consequences of that war.”

- Yasser Arafat, joint statement with Colonel Gaddafi

(BBC Summary of World Broadcasts, January 8, 1990)

“You Germans have great expertise in the killing of Jews with gas. This interests us in the same way… How [can] this knowledge… be used to destroy Israel?”

- General Amer al-Saadi, Iraqi chemical weapons commander

(Kenneth Timmerman, The Death Lobby [bantam Books, 1992], p81)

“It is an open war until the elimination of Israel and until the death of the last Jew on earth.”

- Hezbollah statement, issued under Islamic Jihad alias

(United Press International, March 24, 1992)

“We have to accept the [Oslo] deal and wait for a change in the circumstances that could lead to the elimination of Israel.”

- Abu el-Aynayn, PLO commander in Rashidieh, Lebanon

(US News and World Report, September 27, 1993)

“We will not lay down our weapons until complete liberation... Sooner or later we will throw the Zionists into the sea.”

- Lt. Col. Munir Maqdah, PLO commander in Lebanon

(Reuters, October 8, 1993)

“Palestine cannot contain the two of us. It is either us or the Zionists.”

- Abu Imad, PLO military commander in Bourj al-Barajneh, Lebanon

(Jerusalem Report, November 18, 1993)

“The Palestinian people know there is a state that was established through coercion and it must be destroyed.”

- Farouk Kaddoumi

(Reuters, Yediot Aharonot, August 10, 1994)

“The PLO will now concentrate on splitting Israel psychologically into two camps... We plan to eliminate the State of Israel and establish a Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. Jews will not want to live among Arabs. I have no use for Jews. They are and remain Jews. We now need all the help we can get from you in our battle for a united Palestine under Arab rule.”

- Yasser Arafat, speech to Arab diplomats in Stockholm

(Jerusalem Post, February 23, 1996)

“We are sure of our victory against the Americans and the Jews as promised by the Prophet: Judgment day shall not come until the Muslim fights the Jew, where the Jew will hide behind trees and stones, and the tree and the stone will speak and say, ‘Muslim, behind me is a Jew. Come and kill him.’”

- Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda leader

(Esquire, February 1999)

“... the criminals, the terrorists - are the Jews… They are the ones who must be butchered and killed, as Allah the Almighty said: ‘Fight them: Allah will torture them at your hands, and will humiliate them and will help you to overcome them’ … Have no mercy on the Jews, no matter where they are, in any country. Fight them, wherever you are. Wherever you meet them, kill them.”

- Dr Ahmad Abu Halabiya, Palestinian Authority cleric

(Palestinian Authority Television, October 13, 2000)

“Thanks to Hitler, of blessed memory, who… revenged in advance, against the most vile criminals on the face of the earth. Although we do have a complaint against him, for his revenge on them was not enough.”

- Egyptian government newspaper

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, April 18, 2001; repeated on April 25, 2001)

“[This is] an exceptional historic opportunity to finish off the entire cancerous Zionist project.”

- Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, Hezbollah leader

(Financial Times, Europe Edition, April 25, 2001)

“No one can ask why Hitler punished the Jews… Did Hitler attack the Jews or did their crime deserve even more?”

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, May 27, 2001)

“Palestine is Arab and must be liberated from the river to the sea and all the Zionists who emigrated to the land of Palestine must leave.”

- Saddam Hussein, Iraqi dictator

(Iraqi Television, May 30, 2001; quoted in Robert Wistrich, Muslim Anti-Semitism: A Clear and Present Danger [American Jewish Committee, 2002], p43)

“We are ambushing the Israelis and cheating them… If we agree to declare our state over what is now 22 percent of Palestine, meaning the West Bank and Gaza, our ultimate goal is the liberation of all historic Palestine from the River to the Sea… We distinguish the strategic, long-term goals from the political phased goals, which we are compelled to temporarily accept due to international pressure.”

- Faisal Husseini, PLO strategist

(Al-Arabi, Egypt, June 24, 2001; Jerusalem Report, July 30, 2001)

“The nature of the Zionist regime is aggressive and the arrival of Ariel Sharon in power has complicated the situation, but the intifada is the countdown for the destruction of Israel.”

- Abdel Halim Khaddam, Vice-President of Syria

(Agence France Presse, July 25, 2001)

“All spears should be directed at the Jews, at the enemies of Allah, the nation that was cursed in Allah’s book. Allah has described them as apes and pigs... We blow them up in Hadera, we blow them up in Tel Aviv and in Netanya… until the Jew will hide behind a stone or a tree, and the stone or the tree will say: Oh Muslim, Oh servant of Allah, a Jew is hiding behind me, come kill him.”

- Sheikh Ibrahim Madhi, Palestinian Authority cleric

(Palestinian Authority Television, August 3, 2001)

“... we believe that one of these days, we will enter Jerusalem as conquerors, enter Jaffa as conquerors, enter Haifa as conquerors, enter Ramle and Lod as conquerors… we are convinced that our dead go to Paradise, while the dead of the Jews go to Hell… Oh Allah, show the Jews a black day… Oh Allah, annihilate the Jews and their supporters… Oh Allah, raise the flag of Jihad across the land…”

(Palestinian Authority Television, April 12, 2002)

“If they [Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”

(Daily Star, Lebanon, October 23, 2002)

“[The Jews] are accursed in heaven and on earth. They are accursed from the day the human race was created and from the day their mothers bore them… These accursed ones are a catastrophe for the human race. They are the virus of the generation, doomed to a life of humiliation and wretchedness… they are the plague of the generation and the bacterium of all time… Thus, the Jews are accursed - the Jews of our time, those who preceded them and those who will come after them, if any Jews come after them. With regard to the fraud of the Holocaust… I, personally and in light of this imaginary tale, complain to Hitler, even saying to him from the bottom of my heart, ‘If only you had done it, brother, if only it had really happened, so that the world could sigh in relief…’”

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, April 29, 2002)

“As for the bomb being chemical and poisonous, that was an invention by the evil Jordanian intelligence... God knows that should we - and we ask God to shortly empower us to - possess that kind of bomb, we would not hesitate one second to use it on Israeli cities.”

- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Jordanian terrorist leader

(Washington Post, September 27, 2004)

“... the Jews are a virus resembling AIDS, from which the entire world suffers… the Jews were behind all the civil strife in this world. The Jews are behind the suffering of the nations… The day will come when we will rule Britain and the entire world – except for the Jews. The Jews will not enjoy a life of tranquility under our rule, because they are treacherous by nature, as they have been throughout history… The stones and trees will want the Muslims to finish off every Jew.”

- Sheikh Ibrahim Mudeiris, Palestinian Authority cleric

(Palestinian Authority Television, May 13, 2005)

“Allah’s promise and the Prophet’s prophecy of our victory in Palestine over the Jews and over the oppressive Zionists has begun to come true... Before Israel dies, it must be humiliated and degraded. Allah willing, before they die, they will experience humiliation and degradation every day... Allah willing, we will make them lose their eyesight, we will make them lose their brains.”

- Khaled Mashal, Hamas leader

(Al-Jazeera TV, February 3, 2006)

“My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but Allah, we will chase you everywhere! We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no blood better than the blood of Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children’s thirst with your blood.”

- Hamas broadcast

(Jerusalem Post, February 17, 2006)

“Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth. It is an animal state that recognises no human worth. It is a cancer that should be eradicated.”

- Ghazi Hamad, Hamas spokesman

(BBC, November 8, 2006)

“Israel is weaker than a spider web. The future of Israel is death and perdition... Our martyrs inscribed in blood during the July-August war: Death to Israel.”

- Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah

(Al-Manar TV, January 30, 2007)

“Rest assured that the day the American forces leave Iraq, the Israelis will leave the region along with them... This is because the annihilation of the Zionist regime has begun... The moment they leave Iraq, you, the Muslims of the world, can walk into Palestine, because Israel will no longer exist.”

- Abdallah Safialdeen, Hezbollah representative in Iran

(Channel 4, Iranian TV, March 4, 2007)

“Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, vanquish the Americans and their supporters. Oh Allah, count their numbers, and kill them all, down to the very last one.”

- Ahmad Bahr, Palestinian Legislative Council acting speaker

(Sudan TV, April 13, 2007)

“The Prophet of Allah has promised us that the Jews will gather in Palestine, and that the Muslims will fight them, and totally kill them.”

- Muhammad Nimr al-Zaghmout, head of the Palestinian Islamic Council in Lebanon

(Al-Kawthar TV, May 15, 2007)

“By Allah, we will not be satisfied even if all the Jews are killed.”

- Dr. Walid Al-Rashudi, Department of Islamic Studies, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia

(Al-Aqsa TV, February 29, 2008)

“The treacherous Zionist enemy will never permit us to lessen our revenge towards him or stray from our confrontation against him, until he is wiped off this land, which is saturated with the blood of the martyrs.”

- Ahmad Dahbour, Palestinian Authority propagandist

(Jerusalem Post, March 23, 2008)

“Strike the interests of Jews and Americans, and all those who wield aggression against the Muslims. Today no one can say that we are battling the Jews in Palestine alone.”

- Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda leader

(Associated Press, March 24, 2008)

“The PLO... has not changed its platform even one iota... the Israeli ideology will collapse in its entirety, and we will begin to progress with our own ideology, Allah willing, and drive them out of all of Palestine.”

- Abbas Zaki, Palestinian Authority representative in Lebanon

(NBN TV, April 9, 2008)

“I am optimistic that within ten years, Israel will come to its end.”

- Riyad Nasan al-Agha, Syrian Minister of Culture

(Al-Hiwar TV, April 19, 2008)

“Now more than ever I tell you – we will never recognize Israel... We will form the Palestinian state on all of Palestine’s territories and the sun of liberty will burn the Zionists.”

- Mahmoud al-Zahar, Hamas leader in Gaza

(UPI, May 14, 2008)

[Last updated May 14, 2008]4.0%3B%20GTB7.4%3B%20.NET%20CLR%202.0.50727%3B%20.NET%20CLR%203.0.4506.2152%3B%20.NET%20CLR%203.5.30729%29&s=1024x768&o=Win32&c=16&j=true&v=1.2

Totally OTT I know, but really the length of the list, in it self, says it all. And the contents are absolutely irrefutable in their validity and meaning. Sincerely hope this provides you with enough quotes/evidentiary material to be going on with for a while. :innocent:

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Black red devil

I am going to do this once and one only,

Sorry to cut and paste, but i suspect you do not bother reading links i provide. Here is (some of) the evidence of arab threats against Israel. Now could you find me one occasion please where Israel has threatend to eliminate any arab state or peoples.

"Our aim is the full restoration of the rights of the Palestinian people. In other words, we aim at the destruction of the State of Israel. The immediate aim: perfection of Arab military might. The national aim: the eradication of Israel." – President Nasser of Egypt, November 18, 1965

"Brothers, it is our duty to prepare for the final battle in Palestine." – Nasser, Palestine Day, 1967

"Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight . . . The mining of Sharm el Sheikh is a confrontation with Israel. Adopting this measure obligates us to be ready to embark on a general war with Israel." – Nasser, May 27, 1967

"We will not accept any ... coexistence with Israel. ... Today the issue is not the establishment of peace between the Arab states and Israel .... The war with Israel is in effect since 1948." – Nasser, May 28, 1967

"The armies of Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon are poised on the borders of Israel . . . . to face the challenge, while standing behind us are the armies of Iraq, Algeria, Kuwait, Sudan and the whole Arab nation. This act will astound the world. Today they will know that the Arabs are arranged for battle, the critical hour has arrived. We have reached the stage of serious action and not declarations." – Nasser, May, 30, 1967 after signing a defense pact with Jordan's King Hussein

"We are now ready to confront Israel .... The issue now at hand is not the Gulf of Aqaba, the Straits of Tiran, or the withdrawal of UNEF, but the ... aggression which took place in Palestine ... with the collaboration of Britain and the United States." – Nasser, June 2, 1967

"Under terms of the military agreement signed with Jordan, Jordanian artillery co-ordinated with the forces of Egypt and Syria is in a position to cut Israel in two at Kalkilya, where Israeli territory between the Jordan armistice line and the Mediterranean Sea is only twelve kilometers wide ... ." – El Akhbar newspaper, Cairo, May 31, 1967

Cairo Radio Statements:

May 19, 1967: "This is our chance Arabs, to deal Israel a mortal blow of annihilation, to blot out its entire presence in our holy land"

May 22, 1967: "The Arab people is firmly resolved to wipe Israel off the map"

May 25, 1967: "The Gulf of Aqaba, by the dictum of history and the protection of our soldiers, is Arab, Arab, Arab."

May 25, 1967: "Millions of Arabs are ... preparing to blow up all of America's interests, all of America's installations, and your entire existence, America."

May 27, 1967: "We challenge you, Eshkol, to try all your weapons. Put them to the test; they will spell Israel's death and annihilation."

May 30, 1967: "With the closing of the Gulf of Akaba, Israel is faced with two alternatives either of which will destroy it; it will either be strangled to death by the Arab military and economic boycott, or it will perish by the fire of the Arab forces encompassing it from the South from the North and from the East."

May 30, 1967: "The world will know that the Arabs are girded for battle as the fateful hour approaches."

Jordan

"All of the Arab armies now surround Israel. The UAR, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Lebanon, Algeria, Sudan, and Kuwait. ... There is no difference between one Arab people and another, no difference between one Arab army and another." – King Hussein of Jordan,after signing the pact with Egypt May 30, 1967

Iraq

"The existence of Israel is an error which must be rectified. This is our opportunity to wipe out the ignominy which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear – to wipe Israel off the map. We shall, God willing, meet in Tel Aviv and Haifa." – President Abdel Rahman Aref of Iraq, May 31, 1967

Palestinians

"D-Day is approaching. The Arabs have waited 19 years for this and will not flinch from the war of liberation." – Ahmed Shukairy, Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization, May 27, 1967

"This is a fight for the homeland – it is either us or the Israelis. There is no middle road. The Jews of Palestine will have to leave. We will facilitate their departure to their former homes. Any of the old Palestine Jewish population who survive may stay, but it is my impression that none of them will survive." – Shukairy, June 1, 1967

"We shall destroy Israel and its inhabitants and as for the survivors – if there are any – the boats are ready to deport them." – Shukairy, June 1, 1967, speaking at a Friday sermon in Jerusalem

Syria

Syria's forces are "ready not only to repulse the aggression, but to initiate the act of liberation itself, and to explode the Zionist presence in the Arab homeland. The Syrian army, with its finger on the trigger, is united.... I as a military man, believe that the time has come to enter into a battle of annihilation." – Syrian Defense Minister Hafez Assad, May 20, 1967

"Our two brotherly countries have turned into one mobilized force. The withdrawal of the UN forces ... means 'make way, our forces are on their way to battle.'" – Foreign Minister Makhous on his return from Cairo

Others

"The freedom of the homeland will be completed by the destruction of the Zionist entity and the expulsion of the Americans and the British from the region." – Algerian Prime Minister Houari Boumedienne

"We want war. War is the only way to settle the problem of Israel. The Arabs are ready." – Yemeni Foreign Minister Salam

General References

1) Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Mitchell G. Bard, 2001

2) Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Martin Gilbert, 1993

3) Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East, Michael B. Oren, 2002

http://www.sixdaywar...ent/threats.asp

Kill the Jews wherever you find them. This pleases God, history and religion.”

- Haj Amin al-Husseini, Mufti of Jerusalem

(Radio Berlin, March 1, 1944; quoted in Robert Wistrich, Muslim Anti-Semitism: A Clear and Present Danger [American Jewish Committee, 2002], p47)

“I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Tartar massacre or the Crusader wars.”

- Azzam Pasha, Secretary-General of the Arab League

(Akhbar al-Yom, Egypt, October 11, 1947; quoted in David Barnett and Efraim Karsh, “Azzam’s Genocidal Threat,” Middle East Quarterly, Fall 2011)

“If the Jewish state becomes a fact, and this is realized by the Arab peoples, they will drive the Jews who live in their midst into the sea… Even if we are beaten now in Palestine, we will never submit. We will never accept the Jewish state... But for politics, the Egyptian army alone, or volunteers of the Muslim Brotherhood, could have destroyed the Jews.”

- Hassan al-Banna, Muslim Brotherhood founder

(New York Times, August 2, 1948)

“In demanding the return of the Palestinian refugees the Arabs mean their return as masters, not slaves, or to put it more clearly – the intention is the extermination of Israel.”

- Salah al-Din, Egyptian Foreign Minister

(Al-Misri, Egypt, October 11, 1949; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], p239)

“Israel, to the Arab world, is like a cancer to the human body, and the only way of remedy is to uproot it just like a cancer… Had we united then [in 1948] Israel would not have come into existence. Israel is a serious wound in the Arab world body, and we cannot endure the pain of this wound forever. We don’t have the patience to see Israel remain occupying part of Palestine for long… We Arabs total about 50,000,000. Why don’t we sacrifice 10,000,000 of our number to live in pride and self-respect?”

- King Saud of Saudi Arabia

(New York Times, January 10, 1954)

“Is not Israel’s isolation a natural result of her racial artificiality, a patchwork society of German, Polish, East European recruits, of her cultural and political singularity, and to the fact that she does not belong, and should not belong to that part of the Arab world upon which she was imposed by outside force? … No international intrigue, no force whatsoever can oblige the Arabs to accept the intruders whose hands are still stained with the blood of other Arabs…”

- M. Samir Ahmed, Egyptian Embassy Press Secretary

(Letter, Washington Post, September 20, 1955)

“We are awaiting aggression by Israel and any supporters of Israel. We will make it a decisive battle and get rid of Israel once and for all… This is the dream of every Arab.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser, President of Egypt

(Washington Post, July 27, 1959)

“If the refugees return to Israel – Israel will cease to exist.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Zuercher Woche, West Germany, September 1, 1961; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], p239)

“... collective Arab military preparations, when they are completed, will constitute the ultimate practical means for the final liquidation of Israel.”

- Arab League

(Summit Declaration, January 1964; quoted in Avi Shlaim, The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World [Penguin, 2001], p230)

“Our path to Palestine will not be covered with a red carpet or with yellow sand. Our path to Palestine will be covered with blood… In order that we may liberate Palestine, the Arab nation must unite, the Arab armies must unite, and a unified plan of action must be established.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Pre-election speech, 1965; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Islamic Imperialism: A History [Yale University Press, 2007], p162)

“The day on which the Arab hope for the return of the refugees to Palestine is realized will be the day of Israel’s extermination.”

- Abdallah al-Yafi, Lebanese Prime Minister

(Al-Hayat, April 29, 1966; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], p239)

“We have decided to drench this land with our blood, to oust you, aggressors, and throw you into the sea for good.”

(Radio Damascus, May 24, 1966; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p59)

“We will carry on operations until Israel has been eliminated.”

(Radio Damascus, January 16, 1967; quoted in Michael B. Oren, Six Days of War [Oxford University Press, 2002], p42)

“We challenge you, Eshkol, to try all your weapons. Put them to the test; they will spell Israel’s death and annihilation.”

(Voice of the Arabs, May 16, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p82)

“The Zionist barrack in Palestine is about to collapse and be destroyed… Every one of the hundred million Arabs has been living for the past nineteen years on one hope - to live to see the day Israel is liquidated… There is no life, no peace nor hope for the gangs of Zionism to remain in the occupied land.”

(Voice of the Arabs, May 18, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p105)

“It is our chance, Arabs, to direct a blow of death and annihilation to Israel and all its presence in our Holy Land. It is a war for which we are waiting and in which we shall triumph.”

(Voice of the Arabs, May 19, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p105)

“[syrian forces are ready for] the liberation operation to explode Zionist existence.”

- Hafez Assad, Syrian Defence Minister

“... the time has come to get rid of the Zionist cancer in Palestine.”

- Taher Yahia, Vice-Premier of Iraq

“Fight, Arabs. Let them know that we shall hang the last imperialist soldier with the entrails of the last Zionist.”

(Radio Damascus, May 23, 1967; quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p59)

“Israel lacks the strength to endure against the Arabs even for one hour. The Arab people’s decision is unfaltering: to wipe Israel off the face of the map…”

(Radio Damascus, May 23, 1967; quoted in Moshe Shemesh, “Did Shuqayri Call For ‘Throwing the Jews into the Sea?” Israel Studies, Summer 2003, p79)

“We knew that by closing the Gulf of Aqaba it might mean war with Israel. [if war comes] it will be total and the objective will be to destroy Israel.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Washington Post, May 27, 1967)

“The hour has come to end Israel’s existence.”

- Sheikh Ahmed Kaftaro, Grand Mufti of Syria

“With the closing of the Straits [of Tiran], Israel faces two possibilities, both of which are blood-soaked: either it will die by strangulation in the wake of the Arab military and economic blockade, or it will die by shooting from the Arab forces surrounding it in the south, north and east.”

(Radio Cairo, May 27, 1967; quoted in Moshe Shemesh, “Did Shuqayri Call For ‘Throwing the Jews into the Sea?” Israel Studies, Summer 2003, p79)

“We shall destroy Israel and those behind Israel.”

- General Tahar Zbiri, Algerian Chief of Staff

“Whoever survives will stay in Palestine, but in my opinion, no-one will remain alive.”

- Ahmed Shuqayri, PLO founder

(Al-Yawm, Lebanon, June 3, 1967; quoted in Moshe Shemesh, “Did Shuqayri Call For ‘Throwing the Jews into the Sea?’” Israel Studies, Summer 2003, p72)

“Strike the enemy’s settlements, turn them into dust, pave the Arab roads with the skulls of Jews.”

- Hafez Assad

(Michael B. Oren, Six Days of War [Oxford University Press, 2002], p293)

“By God, if it is decreed that we have to wade through seven seas of blood and that the whole region has to sink in blood to get revenge for its honor and dignity, then we will wade through the seas of blood.”

(Radio Damascus, June 11, 1967, quoted in Walter Laqueur, The Road to War [Pelican Books, 1969], p118)

“The operation of liberation is not merely removing an imperialistic base, but what is more important: the extermination of a society; not only is military defeat the aim in the Palestinian war of liberation, but the liquidation of the Zionist character of the occupied land, whether in manpower or in society.”

- Fatah statement

(Liberation of the Occupied Lands and the Method of Struggle Against Direct Colonialism, September 1967; quoted in Y. Harkabi, The Palestinian Covenant and its Meaning [Vallentine Mitchell, 1979], pp47-8)

“The real Palestine problem is the existence of Israel in Palestine. As long as a Zionist existence remains even in a tiny part of it - that will mean occupation. The important thing is to liquidate the Israel occupation, and there is no difference between the territories lately occupied and those occupied before.”

(Radio Cairo, March 17, 1968, quoted in Gil Carl AlRoy, “Do the Arabs Want Peace?” Commentary, February 1974)

“The partition of Palestine in 1947 and the establishment of the State of Israel are entirely illegal, regardless of the passage of time…” (Article 19); “The Balfour Declaration, the Mandate for Palestine and everything that has been based upon them, are deemed null and void.” (Article 20); “… the liberation of Palestine will destroy the Zionist and imperialist presence…” (Article 22).

- PLO Covenant

(Palestine National Council, July 1-17, 1968; reprinted Y. Harkabi, The Palestinian Covenant and its Meaning [Vallentine Mitchell, 1979])

“There is no room in the Middle East for Arab nationalism and Zionist nationalism… in the Middle East there is no room for the Arab nation and Israel…”

- Mohammed Heikal, Nasser’s adviser and spokesman

(Al-Ahram, February 21, 1969; quoted in Yehoshafat Harkabi, Palestinians and Israel [Keter Books, 1974], p1)

“We must fight our way to victory on a sea of blood and a horizon of fire.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Wall Street Journal, November 14, 1969)

“I believe that we now have a duty to remove the aggressor from our land and to regain the Arab territory occupied by the Israelis. We can then engage in a clandestine struggle to liberate the land of Palestine, to liberate Haifa and Jaffa.”

- Gamal Abdel Nasser

(Meeting with King Hussein, 1970; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Islamic Imperialism: A History [Yale University Press, 2007], p172)

“We shall never stop until we can go back home and Israel is destroyed… The goal of our struggle is the end of Israel, and there can be no compromises or mediations… the goal of this violence is the elimination of Zionism from Palestine in all its political, economic and military aspects… We don’t want peace, we want victory. Peace for us means Israel’s destruction and nothing else. ”

- Yasser Arafat, PLO chairman

(Washington Post, March 29, 1970)

“There are only two specific Arab goals at present: elimination of the consequences of the 1967 aggression through Israel’s withdrawal from all the lands it occupied that year, and elimination of the consequences of the 1948 aggression through the eradication of Israel. The second goal is not, in fact, specific but abstract, and some of us make the mistake of starting with the second step instead of the first… we should learn from the enemy how to move step by step.”

(Al-Ahram, February 25, 1971; quoted in Theodore Draper, “The Road to Geneva,” Commentary, February 1974)

“If the political efforts succeed and some sort of a political solution is found which will eliminate the traces of aggression, this would by no means bring an end to our struggle against Zionism and imperialism, and will by no means bring a happy conclusion to our fateful battle against the United States and Israel, because no political settlement whatsoever could eliminate the basic contradiction which exists – and will continue to exist – between the Arab nation on the one hand and American imperialism and Zionism on the other… As long as the racist colonialist entity continues to burden the usurped land of Palestine, there will be a ‘focus’ for threat, expansion and aggression, a ‘center’ for counter-revolution, and a ‘broadcasting station’ for psychological warfare. Thus a political solution cannot by any means bring an end to the battle against the enemy.”

- Ahmed Nabil al-Hilali, Arab Socialist Union, Egypt

(Al-Katib, March 1971; quoted in Yehoshafat Harkabi, Palestinians and Israel [Keter Books, 1974], pp146-7)

“Once again, total Israeli withdrawal, if it were to take place, would be tantamount to showing that military strength is irrelevant to the outcome of the conflict… If you could succeed in bringing it about, you would have passed sentence on the entire state of Israel.”

(Interview, Journal of Palestine Studies, Autumn 1971, p7)

“The books published about Hitler depict him as a scoundrel who turned on other nations… his favourite dish seems to have been the Jews. He burned and drowned them because they are traitors to every land… People all over the world have come to realise that Hitler was right, since Jews respect neither law, religion, nor moral values. They are bloodsuckers and interested in destroying the whole world so that Israel shall remain. They are interested in destroying the whole world which has thrust them out of its midst, expelled them and despised them for centuries… and burned them in Hitler’s crematoria… one million… two million… six million.”

- Anis Mansour, Sadat’s associate and government commentator

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, August 19, 1973; quoted in New York Times, October 21, 1973)

“The demand for an Israeli withdrawal from all the occupied Arab territory is a partial demand which the Arab states call for as part of a general liberation plan whose purpose is to bring an end to the racist colonial presence in Palestine…”

- Egyptian government editorial

(Al-Gomhouria, Egypt, September 25, 1973; quoted in New York Times, October 21, 1973)

“Our forces continue to pursue the enemy and strike at him and will continue to strike at enemy forces until we regain our positions in our occupied land and continue then until we liberate the whole land.”

- Hafez Assad, President of Syria

(Radio Damascus, October 15, 1973; reprinted in Walter Laqueur, ed., The Israel-Arab Reader [bantam Books, rev. ed., 1976], p459)

“The issue is not just the liberation of the Arab territories occupied since June 5, 1967, but strikes against the future of Israel more powerfully and in a more profound manner, although this is not obvious right now. This means that if the Arabs are able to liberate their territories occupied since June 5, 1967 by force, what can prevent them in the next stage from liberating Palestine itself by force?”

(Al-Ahram, October 19, 1973; quoted in Theodore Draper, “The Road to Geneva,” Commentary, February 1974; Gil Carl AlRoy, “Do the Arabs Want Peace?” Commentary, February 1974)

“All our moves are based on four general principles: continued use of the rifle, no waiving of historical rights, no peace, and no negotiations… Whatever form of government is established in the territory when the shadow of occupation passes away, whenever I address my fighters and revolutionaries, I shall say: ‘Let our rifles be aimed at the beloved land, the land of the homeland, the land of Palestine.’”

- Yasser Arafat

(Al-Safir, Beirut, March 26, 1974; Journal of Palestine Studies, Summer 1974, pp212-3)

“The [Palestine] Liberation Organization will employ all means, and first and foremost armed struggle, to liberate Palestinian territory and to establish the independent combatant national authority for the people over every part of Palestinian territory that is liberated” (Article 2); “Once it is established, the Palestinian national authority will strive to achieve a union of the confrontation countries, with the aim of completing the liberation of all Palestinian territory…” (Article 8).

- PLO Phased Plan

(Wafa, Beirut, June 9, 1974; Journal of Palestine Studies, Summer 1974, p224)

“The effort of our generation is to return to the 1967 borders. Afterward the next generation will carry the responsibility.”

- Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt

(Al-Anwar, June 22, 1975; quoted in Y. Harkabi, Arab Strategies and Israel’s Response [Free Press, 1977], p55)

Q: “Are you saying that if Israel withdraws to its pre-’67 borders and recognizes the national rights of the Palestinians to a separate state of your own, the Palestine Liberation Organization would be prepared to accept the reality of Israel’s existence?”

A: “No, I am saying that the Israelis have two choices: to let all the Palestinians return to their land and have this democratic state we propose, or to live in this so-called state of Israel without letting the Palestinians return. If they choose the latter, they will surely die and we will surely win… this Zionist ghetto of Israel must be destroyed… We will unite the whole region in one state, not just Palestine.”

- Farouk Kaddoumi, Director of the PLO Political Department

(Newsweek, January 5, 1976)

“Let us all die, let us all be killed, let us all be assassinated, but we will not recognize Israel.”

- Salah Khalaf (Abu Iyad), PLO deputy leader

(New York Times, February 17, 1976)

“Israel is an alien body in the Arab sea. This body is bound to disappear given the effective medicine – a united Arab front.”

- Abu Hassan, PLO representative

(Foreign Broadcast Information Service, September 26, 1977; quoted in The New Republic, October 18, 1980)

“I want to tell Carter and Begin that when the Arabs set off their volcano there will be only Arabs in this part of the world… Our people will continue to fuel the torch of the revolution with rivers of blood until the whole of the occupied homeland is liberated, the whole of the homeland is liberated, not just a part of it.”

- Yasser Arafat

(Associated Press, March 12, 1979)

“Peace for us means the destruction of Israel. We are preparing for an all-out war, a war which will last for generations… We shall not rest until the day when we return to our home, and until we destroy Israel.”

- Yasser Arafat

(El Mundo, Venezuela, February 11, 1980; The Times, UK, August 5, 1980)

“Fatah is a nationalist revolutionary movement bent on the complete liberation of Palestine [and] the liquidation of the Zionist entity economically, militarily, politically, culturally and intellectually…”

- Fatah Congress resolution

(Associated Press, June 5, 1980)

“Without any doubt the PLO is entirely in agreement with the [Fatah] resolution… We wish at any price to liquidate the State of Israel.”

- Ibrahim Souss, PLO representative

(Europe No. 1 Radio, France, June 16, 1980; The Times, UK, August 5, 1980)

“We shall never allow Israel to live in peace… We shall never recognize Israel, never accept the usurper, the colonialist, the imperialist.”

- Farouk Kaddoumi

(Der Stern, West Germany, July 30, 1981)

“The establishment of a Palestinian state over part of the Palestinian soil does not amount to a renunciation of the strategic aim. It is a pity that Israel realizes that… and knows that the establishment of such a state constitutes the reassertion of Palestinian identity and the beginning of the end for Israel.”

- Shafiq al-Hut, Director of the PLO’s Beirut office

(Al-Anba, Kuwait, March 20, 1983; quoted in Barry Rubin, Revolution Until Victory? The Politics and History of the PLO [Harvard University Press, 1994], p70)

“The Palestinian people will achieve an independent Palestinian state which will be the start of the liberation of the entire homeland. This is the beginning of the liberation and not its end or a halt along the borders of that state. The Palestinian state which shall arise shall be the beginning of the end of Israel.”

(Al-Qabas, Kuwait, November 10, 1984; quoted in Harris O. Schoenberg, A Mandate For Terror: The United Nations and the PLO [shapolsky Books, 1989], pp398-9)

“The Prophet of Allah… says: ‘The Last Hour would not come until the Muslims fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them, and until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim or Servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him…’” (Article 7); “They are behind the French Revolution, the Communist Revolution and most of the revolutions here and there which we have heard of and are hearing of. With wealth they formed secret organizations throughout the world to destroy societies and promote the Zionist cause; these organizations included the Freemasons, the Rotary and Lions clubs, and others... They are behind the First World War… They are behind the Second World War…” (Article 22); “the Zionist plan has no bounds, and after Palestine they wish to expand from the Nile River to the Euphrates… such is their plan in the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion” (Article 32).

- Hamas Covenant

(Gaza, August 18, 1988; reprinted in Journal of Palestine Studies, Summer 1993, pp122-34)

“Palestine, whose shape resembles a dagger, doesn’t know the meaning of partition. Our independence does not mean the partition of the dagger, but rather, its penetration into the soil of the homeland… Those who expect the collapse of the Zionist structure through one decisive hit… don’t realize how the masses create their own power through a sequence of interrelated historical phases.”

- Ahmed Abd a-Rahman, Fatah chief spokesman

(Falastin al-Thawra, November 27, 1988; Jerusalem Post, December 21, 1988)

“The borders of our state… represent only a part of our national aspirations. We will strive to expand them so as to realize our ambition for the entire territory of Palestine.”

(Al-Anba, Kuwait, December 5, 1988; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Arafat’s War: The Man and his Battle for Israeli Conquest [Grove Press, 2003], p51)

“The establishment of a Palestinian state on any part of Palestine is but a step toward the whole of Palestine.”

(Al-Anba, Kuwait, December 13, 1988; quoted in Efraim Karsh, Arafat’s War: The Man and his Battle for Israeli Conquest [Grove Press, 2003], p51)

“It is [an] incontrovertible fact that Palestine is Arab-Islamic and that the Jews are the scum of humanity that gathered from the four corners of the earth and conquered our land… Treachery flows in their blood, as the Quran testifies.”

(Al-Qabas, November 28, 1989; quoted in Barry Rubin, Revolution Until Victory? The Politics and History of the PLO [Harvard University Press, 1994], p180)

“... the so-called ‘State of Israel’ was one of the consequences of World War II and should disappear, like the Berlin Wall has along with the other consequences of that war.”

- Yasser Arafat, joint statement with Colonel Gaddafi

(BBC Summary of World Broadcasts, January 8, 1990)

“You Germans have great expertise in the killing of Jews with gas. This interests us in the same way… How [can] this knowledge… be used to destroy Israel?”

- General Amer al-Saadi, Iraqi chemical weapons commander

(Kenneth Timmerman, The Death Lobby [bantam Books, 1992], p81)

“It is an open war until the elimination of Israel and until the death of the last Jew on earth.”

- Hezbollah statement, issued under Islamic Jihad alias

(United Press International, March 24, 1992)

“We have to accept the [Oslo] deal and wait for a change in the circumstances that could lead to the elimination of Israel.”

- Abu el-Aynayn, PLO commander in Rashidieh, Lebanon

(US News and World Report, September 27, 1993)

“We will not lay down our weapons until complete liberation... Sooner or later we will throw the Zionists into the sea.”

- Lt. Col. Munir Maqdah, PLO commander in Lebanon

(Reuters, October 8, 1993)

“Palestine cannot contain the two of us. It is either us or the Zionists.”

- Abu Imad, PLO military commander in Bourj al-Barajneh, Lebanon

(Jerusalem Report, November 18, 1993)

“The Palestinian people know there is a state that was established through coercion and it must be destroyed.”

- Farouk Kaddoumi

(Reuters, Yediot Aharonot, August 10, 1994)

“The PLO will now concentrate on splitting Israel psychologically into two camps... We plan to eliminate the State of Israel and establish a Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. Jews will not want to live among Arabs. I have no use for Jews. They are and remain Jews. We now need all the help we can get from you in our battle for a united Palestine under Arab rule.”

- Yasser Arafat, speech to Arab diplomats in Stockholm

(Jerusalem Post, February 23, 1996)

“We are sure of our victory against the Americans and the Jews as promised by the Prophet: Judgment day shall not come until the Muslim fights the Jew, where the Jew will hide behind trees and stones, and the tree and the stone will speak and say, ‘Muslim, behind me is a Jew. Come and kill him.’”

- Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda leader

(Esquire, February 1999)

“... the criminals, the terrorists - are the Jews… They are the ones who must be butchered and killed, as Allah the Almighty said: ‘Fight them: Allah will torture them at your hands, and will humiliate them and will help you to overcome them’ … Have no mercy on the Jews, no matter where they are, in any country. Fight them, wherever you are. Wherever you meet them, kill them.”

- Dr Ahmad Abu Halabiya, Palestinian Authority cleric

(Palestinian Authority Television, October 13, 2000)

“Thanks to Hitler, of blessed memory, who… revenged in advance, against the most vile criminals on the face of the earth. Although we do have a complaint against him, for his revenge on them was not enough.”

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, April 18, 2001; repeated on April 25, 2001)

“[This is] an exceptional historic opportunity to finish off the entire cancerous Zionist project.”

(Financial Times, Europe Edition, April 25, 2001)

“No one can ask why Hitler punished the Jews… Did Hitler attack the Jews or did their crime deserve even more?”

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, May 27, 2001)

“Palestine is Arab and must be liberated from the river to the sea and all the Zionists who emigrated to the land of Palestine must leave.”

- Saddam Hussein, Iraqi dictator

(Iraqi Television, May 30, 2001; quoted in Robert Wistrich, Muslim Anti-Semitism: A Clear and Present Danger [American Jewish Committee, 2002], p43)

“We are ambushing the Israelis and cheating them… If we agree to declare our state over what is now 22 percent of Palestine, meaning the West Bank and Gaza, our ultimate goal is the liberation of all historic Palestine from the River to the Sea… We distinguish the strategic, long-term goals from the political phased goals, which we are compelled to temporarily accept due to international pressure.”

- Faisal Husseini, PLO strategist

(Al-Arabi, Egypt, June 24, 2001; Jerusalem Report, July 30, 2001)

“The nature of the Zionist regime is aggressive and the arrival of Ariel Sharon in power has complicated the situation, but the intifada is the countdown for the destruction of Israel.”

- Abdel Halim Khaddam, Vice-President of Syria

(Agence France Presse, July 25, 2001)

“All spears should be directed at the Jews, at the enemies of Allah, the nation that was cursed in Allah’s book. Allah has described them as apes and pigs... We blow them up in Hadera, we blow them up in Tel Aviv and in Netanya… until the Jew will hide behind a stone or a tree, and the stone or the tree will say: Oh Muslim, Oh servant of Allah, a Jew is hiding behind me, come kill him.”

(Palestinian Authority Television, August 3, 2001)

“... we believe that one of these days, we will enter Jerusalem as conquerors, enter Jaffa as conquerors, enter Haifa as conquerors, enter Ramle and Lod as conquerors… we are convinced that our dead go to Paradise, while the dead of the Jews go to Hell… Oh Allah, show the Jews a black day… Oh Allah, annihilate the Jews and their supporters… Oh Allah, raise the flag of Jihad across the land…”

(Palestinian Authority Television, April 12, 2002)

“If they [Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide.”

(Daily Star, Lebanon, October 23, 2002)

“[The Jews] are accursed in heaven and on earth. They are accursed from the day the human race was created and from the day their mothers bore them… These accursed ones are a catastrophe for the human race. They are the virus of the generation, doomed to a life of humiliation and wretchedness… they are the plague of the generation and the bacterium of all time… Thus, the Jews are accursed - the Jews of our time, those who preceded them and those who will come after them, if any Jews come after them. With regard to the fraud of the Holocaust… I, personally and in light of this imaginary tale, complain to Hitler, even saying to him from the bottom of my heart, ‘If only you had done it, brother, if only it had really happened, so that the world could sigh in relief…’”

(Al-Akhbar, Egypt, April 29, 2002)

“As for the bomb being chemical and poisonous, that was an invention by the evil Jordanian intelligence... God knows that should we - and we ask God to shortly empower us to - possess that kind of bomb, we would not hesitate one second to use it on Israeli cities.”

- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Jordanian terrorist leader

(Washington Post, September 27, 2004)

“... the Jews are a virus resembling AIDS, from which the entire world suffers… the Jews were behind all the civil strife in this world. The Jews are behind the suffering of the nations… The day will come when we will rule Britain and the entire world – except for the Jews. The Jews will not enjoy a life of tranquility under our rule, because they are treacherous by nature, as they have been throughout history… The stones and trees will want the Muslims to finish off every Jew.”

- Sheikh Ibrahim Mudeiris, Palestinian Authority cleric

(Palestinian Authority Television, May 13, 2005)

“Allah’s promise and the Prophet’s prophecy of our victory in Palestine over the Jews and over the oppressive Zionists has begun to come true... Before Israel dies, it must be humiliated and degraded. Allah willing, before they die, they will experience humiliation and degradation every day... Allah willing, we will make them lose their eyesight, we will make them lose their brains.”

- Khaled Mashal, Hamas leader

(Al-Jazeera TV, February 3, 2006)

“My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but Allah, we will chase you everywhere! We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no blood better than the blood of Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children’s thirst with your blood.”

- Hamas broadcast

(Jerusalem Post, February 17, 2006)

“Israel should be wiped from the face of the earth. It is an animal state that recognises no human worth. It is a cancer that should be eradicated.”

- Ghazi Hamad, Hamas spokesman

(BBC, November 8, 2006)

“Israel is weaker than a spider web. The future of Israel is death and perdition... Our martyrs inscribed in blood during the July-August war: Death to Israel.”

- Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah

(Al-Manar TV, January 30, 2007)

“Rest assured that the day the American forces leave Iraq, the Israelis will leave the region along with them... This is because the annihilation of the Zionist regime has begun... The moment they leave Iraq, you, the Muslims of the world, can walk into Palestine, because Israel will no longer exist.”

- Abdallah Safialdeen, Hezbollah representative in Iran

(Channel 4, Iranian TV, March 4, 2007)

“Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, vanquish the Americans and their supporters. Oh Allah, count their numbers, and kill them all, down to the very last one.”

- Ahmad Bahr, Palestinian Legislative Council acting speaker

(Sudan TV, April 13, 2007)

“The Prophet of Allah has promised us that the Jews will gather in Palestine, and that the Muslims will fight them, and totally kill them.”

- Muhammad Nimr al-Zaghmout, head of the Palestinian Islamic Council in Lebanon

(Al-Kawthar TV, May 15, 2007)

“By Allah, we will not be satisfied even if all the Jews are killed.”

- Dr. Walid Al-Rashudi, Department of Islamic Studies, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia

(Al-Aqsa TV, February 29, 2008)

“The treacherous Zionist enemy will never permit us to lessen our revenge towards him or stray from our confrontation against him, until he is wiped off this land, which is saturated with the blood of the martyrs.”

- Ahmad Dahbour, Palestinian Authority propagandist

(Jerusalem Post, March 23, 2008)

“Strike the interests of Jews and Americans, and all those who wield aggression against the Muslims. Today no one can say that we are battling the Jews in Palestine alone.”

- Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda leader

(Associated Press, March 24, 2008)

“The PLO... has not changed its platform even one iota... the Israeli ideology will collapse in its entirety, and we will begin to progress with our own ideology, Allah willing, and drive them out of all of Palestine.”

- Abbas Zaki, Palestinian Authority representative in Lebanon

(NBN TV, April 9, 2008)

“I am optimistic that within ten years, Israel will come to its end.”

- Riyad Nasan al-Agha, Syrian Minister of Culture

(Al-Hiwar TV, April 19, 2008)

“Now more than ever I tell you – we will never recognize Israel... We will form the Palestinian state on all of Palestine’s territories and the sun of liberty will burn the Zionists.”

- Mahmoud al-Zahar, Hamas leader in Gaza

(UPI, May 14, 2008)

[Last updated May 14, 2008]4.0%3B%20GTB7.4%3B%20.NET%20CLR%202.0.50727%3B%20.NET%20CLR%203.0.4506.2152%3B%20.NET%20CLR%203.5.30729%29&s=1024x768&o=Win32&c=16&j=true&v=1.2

Totally OTT I know, but really the length of the list, in it self, says it all. And the contents are absolutely irrefutable in their validity and meaning. Sincerely hope this provides you with enough quotes/evidentiary material to be going on with for a while. :innocent:

I was familiar with quite a few of those but thanks for posting the sheer volume of them. It can leave no doubt for a rational, honest individual what the issue is here.

• Like 1

Instead of moving forward ... you guys are moving backwards ...... even for a topic like this I'd never thought it possible ...

frankly ... this is such a disappointment and a slight to the fine reputation of the UM forums ..

not to mention making all this a joke and a humiliation on forums everywhere ...

this is what you guys calls an 'informed debate' ?

~fine job ~

431697_10151277019095708_1571449204_n.jpg

:tu:

• Like 1

Instead of moving forward ... you guys are moving backwards ...... even for a topic like this I'd never thought it possible ...

frankly ... this is such a disappointment and a slight to the fine reputation of the UM forums ..

not to mention making all this a joke and a humiliation on forums everywhere ...

~fine job ~

Sorry to see you take yourself and UM so seriously 3rd. For those who want scholarly debate, it can be found here and is interesting to read for those of us who do not have that skill. But it is also a home for the less erudite who simply want to share in a conversation and express opinions. There is room for both, I think - as long as one is mostly civil. As to Mr Walker's last posting , I see nothing wrong with posting the actual words and thoughts of those who express the desire to destroy Jews from the earth - unless one is afraid of honest discussion of the situation.

As i said I don't need to provide proofs, because I am describing established and known history (no one needs to provide proofs that Germany and japan were aggressors in world war 2 for example)

If you desire to rewrite that history then, indeed, the onus is on you to provide very definitive proofs in order to do so. Nothing I have seen from you so far is convincing proof that "orthodox/traditional" history got the causes and aggressors in the arab israeli conflict wrong. My academic credentials and age only indicate that i have experience and knowledge in this area. I dont get my knowledge or world views fromm the internet and modern revisioist theories I got it the old fashiooed academic way Also I am old enough to KNOW how this conflict started and progressed and to asses that against modern realities. Peole who see only the modern plight of the palestinians feel sympathy for them and think they must be innocent victims. In a way they are, but of their brother arabs not of the Israelis.

If you accept the legitimate establishment of israel under international law, then Israel cannot be held responsible for ANY of the tragedy which unfolded. It IS responsible for how it responds today, but it remains constrained in what it can do, by ongoing threats against the state and people of Israel.

No Mr walker. You are just a gullible old fool that can't or doesn't want to look past the length of his own nose. You have been indoctrinated so much by false western media that it's almost traumatic for you to even contemplate the thought you've been hoodwinked all these years. So, your next best reaction is to try to convince yourself first and everybody else after, that you are right.

It's almost painful to read your posts, you can almost see the struggle within.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

Sorry to see you take yourself and UM so seriously 3rd. For those who want scholarly debate, it can be found here and is interesting to read for those of us who do not have that skill. But it is also a home for the less erudite who simply want to share in a conversation and express opinions. There is room for both, I think - as long as one is mostly civil. As to Mr Walker's last posting , I see nothing wrong with posting the actual words and thoughts of those who express the desire to destroy Jews from the earth - unless one is afraid of honest discussion of the situation.

64556_552133591477459_1074825325_n.jpg

no one makes any claims here ... least of all me .......

• Like 2

~fine job ~

I've been on these (UM) forums nearly 10 years, but this week was my first venture into the middle east debate. The personalities and character types biases and prejudices are the same across the boards, but the individual writers/posters are different. Would you care to explain to me, as a newcomer to this section of the forums, what you mean in this post?

I've been on these (UM) forums nearly 10 years, but this week was my first venture into the middle east debate. The personalities and character types biases and prejudices are the same across the boards, but the individual writers/posters are different. Would you care to explain to me, as a newcomer to this section of the forums, what you mean in this post?

And why is that Mr Walker ? Is it all there is there ? Is is still so now ?

as new comer ? Mr Walker >? I mean seriously ?? What next ?

The old China proverb "you've had more salt than I've had rice ?"

486707_560875793936572_321145607_n.jpg

does Teddy knows what he's talking about ?

• Like 1

No Mr walker. You are just a gullible old fool that can't or doesn't want to look past the length of his own nose. You have been indoctrinated so much by false western media that it's almost traumatic for you to even contemplate the thought you've been hoodwinked all these years. So, your next best reaction is to try to convince yourself first and everybody else after, that you are right.

It's almost painful to read your posts, you can almost see the struggle within.

ROFLMAO Just shows how little you know. Now instead of attacking me personally, would you care to respond to the sheer volume of evidence which shows conclusively just who is the aggressor in the ongoing war betweeen israel and the arabs, and on a larger stage the war between radical jihadist muslims and the rest of the world?

And hence who is ultimately responsible for the ongoing plight of the palestinians?

The" false western media" is the free-est media in the world, you poor gullible young fool, (just as the western democratic states, for all their flaws, are the free-est countries in the world) and hence the most likely to represent the truth. (Or at least as close an approximation to truth as media ever gets)

Edited by Mr Walker

And why is that Mr Walker ? Is it all there is there ? Is is still so now ?

as new comer ? Mr Walker >? I mean seriously ?? What next ?

The old China proverb "you've had more salt than I've had rice ?"

486707_560875793936572_321145607_n.jpg

does Teddy knows what he's talking about ?

why is that ? because human beings are the same whether they are interested in aliens, bigfoot, ghosts, gods or politics. They fall into certain psychological and sociological archetypes and stereo types. Some are motivated by beliefs/religion others by other passions. Some like me just love debating with people and trying to elicit where they are coming from and why they feel as they do.

Ive never debated with most of the people writing in this section and it is fascinating. I can see many similar personality types and motivations in different people within a week of communicating with them.

But also politics is another passion of my life. I was taught by a couple of the best and well kown professors/tutors in politics in australia for 3 years, and have maintained an interest and fascination in it.

But to be honest I never realised such a section was on UM. It doesnt appear on the page I usually select my forums to respond to from. I lead a very full and busy life, in which my time on UM is my relaxation and down time where I can meet and talk with a huge range of diverse and fascinating people from all around the world.

I can tell I will be spending a lot more time in this section of the forum now that I have discovered it.

Ps if you never compare, how do you productively improve your selections?.(in anything in life) Are you a person who has the same thing for dinner every day, or someone who tries something different every day?

But you still didnt answer my question?

So an initial character anlaysis might be that you are one of those persons who loves framing ambiguous or nonesense questions and phrases so that it makes you appear cleverer when no one else has a clue wha to you are talking about This is a comon occurence within certain groups of professionals and academics but also found in minority groups and youth culture :innocent:

.But of course you may be one of those poor unfortunates whose first language is not english, or you might simply have a muddled non- linear way of expressing yourself. Perhaps you have aspergers. Never mind, give me a few weeks and i will have narrowed it down. It really is fun. :devil:

Edited by Mr Walker

I was familiar with quite a few of those but thanks for posting the sheer volume of them. It can leave no doubt for a rational, honest individual what the issue is here.

Oh puh-lease, Mr Walker & and then!

1) Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Mitchell G. Bard, 2001 (this one is published by a Jewish Zionist organization!!!!)

2) Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Martin Gilbert, 1993 (told from a nefarious Zionist perspective, BIASED HISTORY!!!!!)

3) Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East, Michael B. Oren, 2002 (written by the Israeli Ambassador to the United States!!!!!)

These books aren't real history they're fantasy that present media manipulation, half truths, and distortions. the paper this ink is printed on is better served to wipe my you-know-what with.

Edited by B Jenkins
  • Like 3

~snip

But you didnt answer my question?

you don;t question Mr Walker, you accuse //

YOu don't debate ... you lecture //

And most of all ... you do not realize your discrimination of 'facts' are the form of racism too by way of selective bigotry.

YOu will never change anything, Mr Walker ... yourself and least of all the 'world'

If you expect everything to change but you ... you are contributing nothing and deluded too ...

550026_539564082734410_1521420606_n.jpg

Albert would have been so disappointed ...

but then to you probably he won't be allowed in your version of paradise so no rain off your back eh ?

• Like 3

Oh puh-lease, Mr Walker & and then!

1) Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Mitchell G. Bard, 2001 (this one is published by a Jewish Zionist organization!!!!)

2) Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Martin Gilbert, 1993 (told from a nefarious Zionist perspective, BIASED HISTORY!!!!!)

3) Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East, Michael B. Oren, 2002 (written by the Israeli Ambassador to the United States!!!!!)

These books aren't real history they're fantasy that present media manipulation, half truths, and distortions. the paper this ink is printed on is better served to wipe my you-know-what with.

About what I figured. Attack the source.

But did you happen to note that each quote was footnoted and most came from public pronouncements. These are on the public record. As i have said earlier i grew up listening to radio news and current affairs, reading newspapers from the age of 3 or so and later watching a couple of news bulletins every day. I HEARD these guys make these comments or saw them reported as they made them. This is what i mean when I talk about real proven history, rather than the revisionist rubbish so many young people believe from reading the internet. If you dont believe those statements are real and genuine and made at the time by the poel attributed as making them, then you are deceiving yourself and living in a state of delusion.

And actually they are only a few of ones I have heard arab leaders make over the last sixty years, or read their comments in reputable media sources. At the tme the speakers were hppy to have the comments published and recorded because they genuinely believed them and thought they would exterminate Israel Today many still make them but less publicly on the international stage and they find a lot of these older comments a tad embarrasing.

Scapegoating of Israel is a national past time in most arab states, with the same design and intent that scapegoating always has in political arenas. Distraction from the real problems in a country.