Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP: beyond obstruction to treason?

Ashotep

On Friday night’s edition of “Real Time with Bill Maher,” host Bill Maher and guests filmmaker Michael Moore, commentator S. E. Cupp and New York Times columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin discussed the obstructionist Republican Congress and its mission to take down the president by taking down the country. Moore opined that the Republican Party is a “squealing dinosaur” whose time has come.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/18/maher-gop-has-moved-beyond-obstruction-to-treason/

Sometimes I have to wonder if the republicans are trying to destroy this country. I'm not a big fan of the democrats either and their gun control bid but I do have to wonder what the republicans are trying to do by blocking nominations for different posts so they can't get voted on in Congress. Then you add that thing with the emails over what happened in Benghazi to it, what are they trying to accomplish. I'm sure you have heard about that. Its hurting us as a country. This is the 37th time they have tried to get Obamacare repealed. But they don't bother with any of the bills that are intrusive on you constitutional rights.

I don't mind them blocking some of the laws some of the democrats want passed and I don't mind the democrats blocking some the of laws they want passed sometimes but it seem Washington has turned into tit for tat. Let's destroy the other party even if It hurting us as a country.

• Like 3

I personally think anything done to impede this President will only help the country. He has done, and plans to do, far more harm than good.

• Like 7

Obama wants to destroy this country. It's that simple. But I think Republicans and Democrats are both part of the same problem. They'd rather squabble about other petty things, yet pass bills that go against the Constitution and against our rights.

Check this thread out: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=248057

Pentagon 'Rewrites Constitution' Affirming Endless War

Senate hearing on the Authorization for Use of Military Force confirms congressional war powers rendered 'null and void'

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_S0A5L4WBtAU/TJ8jj9ZkTsI/AAAAAAAAFnY/o_xchiNey5E/s1600/Republic+Democrat+Same+****ing+Difference.jpg

• Like 4

Sometimes I have to wonder if the republicans are trying to destroy this country. I'm not a big fan of the democrats either and their gun control bid but I do have to wonder what the republicans are trying to do by blocking nominations for different posts so they can't get voted on in Congress. Then you add that thing with the emails over what happened in Benghazi to it, what are they trying to accomplish. I'm sure you have heard about that. Its hurting us as a country. This is the 37th time they have tried to get Obamacare repealed. But they don't bother with any of the bills that are intrusive on you constitutional rights.

I don't mind them blocking some of the laws some of the democrats want passed and I don't mind the democrats blocking some the of laws they want passed sometimes but it seem Washington has turned into tit for tat. Let's destroy the other party even if It hurting us as a country.

Hundreds of laws get passed a day. You would be suprised. Only a few issues end up on the media, some meat to keep the mass population busy.

On a side note your source is really biased , be sure you look at both sides of things.

Obmacare is a big issue because the goverment is now forceing citizens to buy insurance.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

Obama wants to destroy this country. It's that simple. But I think Republicans and Democrats are both part of the same problem. They'd rather squabble about other petty things, yet pass bills that go against the Constitution and against our rights.

I'd say Obama and the rest else are simply doing the bidding of their corporate masters. "Wanting" to destroy the country implies a malice that I don't think is there. It's just cold hearted business. I tell people that if they want to see a big part of what's wrong with the country and the world, watch a documentary called The Corporation.

I agree about both sides being part of the same problem. I call them two sides of the same wooden nickel. Divide and conquer is one of the most basic strategies and it's being done to the masses. Distract and divide the people by telling them the other side is the problem, then they won't notice that both sides are advancing the same basic agenda. It's clearly working and has been for a long time.

• Like 5

Obama wants to fundamentally change America. He is achieving this steadily. Either he is a sinister agent or a fool to keep spending without end. At some point not so long ago it became apparent even to the slowest among us that our debt CANNOT BE REPAID. The economy will be restructured in some form of bankruptcy or it will collapse under the weight of these obligations. There is no other choice. Since modern politics has been built for decades on buying votes with OPM, once that money is dried up the politicians panic - THIS is what we are experiencing now. I think it gets uglier and more shrill from here until the collapse.

• Like 4

Obama wants to fundamentally change America. He is achieving this steadily. Either he is a sinister agent or a fool to keep spending without end. At some point not so long ago it became apparent even to the slowest among us that our debt CANNOT BE REPAID. The economy will be restructured in some form of bankruptcy or it will collapse under the weight of these obligations. There is no other choice. Since modern politics has been built for decades on buying votes with OPM, once that money is dried up the politicians panic - THIS is what we are experiencing now. I think it gets uglier and more shrill from here until the collapse.

So voting for that other bloke, whatever his name was, would have somehow solved all the problems with the Economy? So the problems with the Economy are all because of the current President, and the former President and his administration had nothing to do with it in any way? Do you have any evidence to support this assertion that the other one would have had the faintest idea what to do either?
  • Like 4

You made me look up these:

32381978.jpg

* Snip *

frabz-democrat-or-republican-no-i-vote-for-peace-57093d.jpg

LOL

They are both financed by the same people, explains everything really.

I heard this the other day:

Republicans are red, Democrats are blue... Neither of them give a **** about you!

Thought you'd like it. lol

Edited by Tiggs
  • Like 4

So what evidence do people have to back up the assertion that Mr. Obama wants to Destroy America? Because you're opposed to some of the things he's proposed? Is that not, really, rather presumtpuous, to assume that you're the onyl ones who can see the Truth, and that those who do not agree with them want to destroy America? It seems rather as if there is an inability to understand that not every sees things the same way that they do, and that some people might consider that the way that things have been done, just because they've always been done that way, might not be relevant or appropriate now.

• Like 3

Why would anyone living in your country want to destroy the country??!(In regards to the "Obama wants to destroy America" crowd)

Paranoid republican nonsense.

Good post Hilander.

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 2

So what evidence do people have to back up the assertion that Mr. Obama wants to Destroy America? Because you're opposed to some of the things he's proposed? Is that not, really, rather presumtpuous, to assume that you're the onyl ones who can see the Truth, and that those who do not agree with them want to destroy America? It seems rather as if there is an inability to understand that not every sees things the same way that they do, and that some people might consider that the way that things have been done, just because they've always been done that way, might not be relevant or appropriate now.

Its the whole unsustainable debt thing. Even the fed has said we will fall if we continue to spend at this rate. Yet try to make cuts even in the increases, and we get told its the end of the world. They have to tear down the old, in order to bring in the new. They want all economic power consolidated, one world government ect ect. It isnt a question of how you choose to see things. Its just the way it is.

Maybe when they take your pentions folks like yourself will start to wake up.

• Like 2

I'd say Obama and the rest else are simply doing the bidding of their corporate masters. "Wanting" to destroy the country implies a malice that I don't think is there. It's just cold hearted business. I tell people that if they want to see a big part of what's wrong with the country and the world, watch a documentary called The Corporation.

I agree about both sides being part of the same problem. I call them two sides of the same wooden nickel. Divide and conquer is one of the most basic strategies and it's being done to the masses. Distract and divide the people by telling them the other side is the problem, then they won't notice that both sides are advancing the same basic agenda. It's clearly working and has been for a long time.

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out! I love documentaries....

Obama is a corporate stooge, but I honestly think he hates America. Whereas Bush was just an idiot, Obama knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Just my two cents....

Republicans are red, Democrats are blue... Neither of them give a **** about you!

:tu: That's a good one!

Hundreds of laws get passed a day. You would be suprised. Only a few issues end up on the media, some meat to keep the mass population busy.

On a side note your source is really biased , be sure you look at both sides of things.

Obmacare is a big issue because the goverment is now forceing citizens to buy insurance.

I have looked at both sides of things and the republicans don't look any better than the democrats. I think they are blocking the post nominations from getting voted on because they are waiting for a republican president to vote on them. I think you need to look at both sides of things also.
  • Like 1

You made me look up these:

32381978.jpg

* Snip *

frabz-democrat-or-republican-no-i-vote-for-peace-57093d.jpg

LOL

They are both financed by the same people, explains everything really.

I heard this the other day:

(had to hit 'like' & repost it before the mod's see it and whip it off!)

:-)

Edited by Tiggs
Because the best way to make mods happy is giving them twice as much work to do.
  • Like 3

Its the whole unsustainable debt thing. Even the fed has said we will fall if we continue to spend at this rate. Yet try to make cuts even in the increases, and we get told its the end of the world. They have to tear down the old, in order to bring in the new. They want all economic power consolidated, one world government ect ect. It isnt a question of how you choose to see things. Its just the way it is.

Maybe when they take your pentions folks like yourself will start to wake up.

I don't doubt any of that, but my point is was Mr. O entirely to blame for all this? Surely it started under the previous chap. And my question was, does anyone really think that Mr. Romney* would have the faintest idea of how to handle it any better, or whether he (since we know that the ones pulling the strings are all behind the scenes), would even have any power to do anything if he did have any idea?

* I remembered!

• Like 2

Both parties are insane....

Extremism does not represent the bulk of the American population. Most "real" people are somewhat Centrists. Some lean a little left and others lean a little right...but most understand that there are certain things we need as a society. Things we chose to collectively pool our money to get done...this "pool" comes in the form of taxes. We knew we needed to build transportation...so we agreed on paying for that collectively. We knew we needed a national defense...so we agreed on paying for that collectively.

The problem comes when they take our collective pool of money and spend it on crap that we don't collectively agree on. I am getting to the point that...though I know it is expensive to do....that there can be no major expense or creation of more Gov without a public referendum. It's sad that we can no longer trust our Representatives to actually "represent" our interests and desires. It is our money...we should have a voice in where it goes. Thanks to the internet, I don't think a public referendum would be as expensive as they imply. We could do this.

But anyway...The Repubs are no worse than the Dems....extremists....and just in case someone forgot my favorite memes on the topic of the two parties...

democrats_republicans_are_two_wings_of_the_same_bird_of_prey_zps15f0bb60.jpg

thesheeparescrewed_zpsc6958606.jpg

No2party.jpg

Libertarianwhatwasthat_zps50eb99a9.jpg

LibertarianConspiracy_zps63f7927d.jpg

Libertariansdefined2_zps70725fb6.jpg

what-libertarians-dopreview_zps57f350cc.jpg

Enjoy....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 8

Both parties are insane....

Extremism does not represent the bulk of the American population. Most "real" people are somewhat Centrists. Some lean a little left and others lean a little right...but most understand that there are certain things we need as a society. Things we chose to collectively pool our money to get done...this "pool" comes in the form of taxes. We knew we needed to build transportation...so we agreed on paying for that collectively. We knew we needed a national defense...so we agreed on paying for that collectively.

The problem comes when they take our collective pool of money and spend it on crap that we don't collectively agree on. I am getting to the point that...though I know it is expensive to do....that there can be no major expense or creation of more Gov without a public referendum. It's sad that we can no longer trust our Representatives to actually "represent" our interests and desires. It is our money...we should have a voice in where it goes. Thanks to the internet, I don't think a public referendum would be as expensive as they imply. We could do this.

But anyway...The Repubs are no worse than the Dems....extremists....and just in case someone forgot my favorite memes on the topic of the two parties...

democrats_republicans_are_two_wings_of_the_same_bird_of_prey_zps15f0bb60.jpg

thesheeparescrewed_zpsc6958606.jpg

No2party.jpg

Libertarianwhatwasthat_zps50eb99a9.jpg

LibertarianConspiracy_zps63f7927d.jpg

Libertariansdefined2_zps70725fb6.jpg

what-libertarians-dopreview_zps57f350cc.jpg

Enjoy....

I wish I could give this 1,000 likes! :clap:

• Like 2

Obama wants to destroy this country.

so you'd have to prove this outlandish assertion

• Like 1

Obama wants to fundamentally change America.

If you mean to fundamentally change it from the damage that George Bush caused then yes I agree.

• Like 2

Its the whole unsustainable debt thing.

where was your outrage over the "unsustainable" debt in 2008? or the 8 years before that? Your real problems lie elsewhere.

• Like 2

Obama is a corporate stooge, but I honestly think he hates America.

why? because he disagrees with Republicans? that's hardly "hating" America.

• Like 2

I personally think anything done to impede this President will only help the country...

That, in itself, is a reprehenisible position.

In fact, if you ARE American, that borderlines on a treason/traitor mentality, though not illegal in thought, just action.

• Like 3

so you'd have to prove this outlandish assertion

why? because he disagrees with Republicans? that's hardly "hating" America.

2016: Obama's America ---

The documentary begins with D'Souza on screen describing his own experiences as anIndian immigrating to the United States, as a college student at Dartmouth College, and then as an editor at the conservative magazine Policy Review, pointing out the similarities between his life and Barack Obama's. The film changes location to Indonesia, where a young Barack Obama is being reared by his mother Ann Dunham and stepfather Lolo Soetoro. A psychologist discusses the detrimental effect of an absentee father on his children. D'Souza travels to Africa and interviews Obama's half brother George Obama.[11]

As Obama's parents' relationship becomes strained, Obama is sent to Hawaii to live with his grandparents and meets Frank Marshall Davis. Obama finishes his college studies at Columbia, where the film claims he is influenced by anti-colonialist figures. His progression into an intellectual is highlighted by a visit to Kenya. The film incorporates spoken words from Obama's audio book, Dreams from My Father.

D'Souza discusses Obama's father, Barack Obama, Sr., and what D'Souza describes as Obama Sr.'s anti-colonialist views of the British Empire. This, according to D'Souza, explains why Obama supposedly rejects American exceptionalism and why D'Souza believes he is attempting to "reshape America." D'Souza delves into what he terms the "founding fathers" from Obama's past, including Frank Marshall Davis, ReverendJeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Edward Said, and Roberto Unger. As a result, the film argues that President Obama wants to reduce significantly the U.S.'s influence within the world while increasing the influence of nations that he believes have suffered or been held back economically or militarily due to U.S. and Western domination. To argue his case, D’Souza interviews Shelby Steele, Paul Vitz,Alice Dewey, Paul Kengor, Willy Kauai, George Obama, Philip Ochieng, Joseph Ojiru, Daniel Pipes, David Walker, and Sarah Obama (off-screen).[12] The film warns that should Obama be elected to a second term, the ramifications will be far reaching. It ends by stating, "the future is in your hands."

D'Souza describes the film as "a vista" of Obama's earlier life, following his childhood from Hawaii to Indonesia and a visit to Kenya(Obama's father's birthplace).[15] Such an upbringing, D'Souza contends, has caused Obama to subscribe "to an ideology that sees America very differently."[15] D'Souza asserts that Obama's father’s Kenyan roots in particular have inspired the President "to shrink America’s footprint in the world because he thinks we’ve been stepping on the world."[15] The film further aims to show D'Souza's predictions about how the future of the United States might unfold should Obama be elected to a second term.

The film is the first documentary by producer Gerald R. Molen, who said he became involved with the film because he finds the debt issue "terrifying", and believes that the movie illuminates how Obama's experiences before the presidency impact his political ideology. Molen is also "concerned about the plans for the disarmament of the U.S." and feels that "Israel has been thrown underneath the bus by this administration". The registered Republican considers himself a fiscally conservative independent, indicating that he has previously voted for Democrats in addition to Republicans, priding himself on his evaluation of all the candidates.[16]

D'Souza formed Obama’s America Foundation (OAF) with Christopher Williams and Douglas Sain to raise funds for the film.[17] The film was funded by about "two dozen donors"; and although it was released shortly before the 2012 National Republican Presidential Convention, it was not funded by the Republican party.

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia....Obama's_America

Obama is a student of the Cloward-Cliven Strategy:

The Cloward–Piven strategy is a political strategy outlined in 1966 by American sociologists and political activists Richard Cloward(1926–2001) and Frances Fox Piven (b. 1932) that called for overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with a national system of "a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty". Cloward and Piven were a married couple who were both professors at the Columbia University School of Social Work. The strategy was formulated in a May 1966 article in liberal[1] magazine The Nation titled "The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty".[2]

The two were critical of the public welfare system, and their strategy called for overloading that system to force a different set of policies to address poverty. They stated that many Americans who were eligible for welfare were not receiving benefits, and that a welfare enrollment drive would strain local budgets, precipitating a crisis at the state and local levels that would be a wake-up call for the federal government, particularly the Democratic Party, thus forcing it to implement a national solution to poverty. Cloward and Piven wrote that “the ultimate objective of this strategy [would be] to wipe out poverty by establishing a guaranteed annual income...”[2] There would also be side consequences of this strategy, according to Cloward and Piven. These would include: easing the plight of the poor in the short-term (through their participation in the welfare system); shoring up support for the national Democratic Party then-splintered by pluralistic interests (through its cultivation of poor and minority constituencies by implementing a national "solution" to poverty); and relieving local governments of the financially and politically onerous burdens of public welfare (through a national "solution" to poverty)

Cloward and Piven’s article is focused on forcing the Democratic Party, which in 1966 controlled the presidency and both houses of theUnited States Congress, to take federal action to help the poor. They stated that full enrollment of those eligible for welfare “would produce bureaucratic disruption in welfare agencies and fiscal disruption in local and state governments” that would “deepen existing divisions among elements in the big-city Democratic coalition: the remaining white middle class, the working-class ethnic groups and the growing minority poor. To avoid a further weakening of that historic coalition, a national Democratic administration would be constrained to advance a federal solution to poverty that would override local welfare failures, local class and racial conflicts and local revenue dilemmas.”[3] They wrote: “ The ultimate objective of this strategy—to wipe out poverty by establishing a guaranteed annual income—will be questioned by some. Because the ideal of individual social and economic mobility has deep roots, even activists seem reluctant to call for national programs to eliminate poverty by the outright redistribution of income.[3]

Michael Reisch and Janice Andrews wrote that Cloward and Piven "proposed to create a crisis in the current welfare system – by exploiting the gap between welfare law and practice – that would ultimately bring about its collapse and replace it with a system of guaranteed annual income. They hoped to accomplish this end by informing the poor of their rights to welfare assistance, encouraging them to apply for benefits and, in effect, overloading an already overburdened bureaucracy."[4]

Focus on Democrats [edit]

The authors pinned their hopes on creating disruption within the Democratic Party. "Conservative Republicans are always ready to declaim the evils of public welfare, and they would probably be the first to raise a hue and cry. But deeper and politically more telling conflicts would take place within the Democratic coalition," they wrote. "Whites – both working class ethnic groups and many in the middle class – would be aroused against the ghetto poor, while liberal groups, which until recently have been comforted by the notion that the poor are few... would probably support the movement. Group conflict, spelling political crisis for the local party apparatus, would thus become acute as welfare rolls mounted and the strains on local budgets became more severe.”

Taken from ---- http://en.wikipedia...."Piven_strategy

We do know that Richard Cloward taught at Columbia University from 1954 until his death in 2001 and we know that Obama attended Columbia University from 1981 through 1983.

But we may never know the answer to the question posed above because that period in Obama’s life remains shrouded in mystery and Obama has done just about everything in his power to keep it a secret.

Is a possible Obama connection to the mother and father of the radical left one of the reasons why Obama keeps this period of his life shrouded in secrecy?

Taken from:

http://www.clowardpi...ategyobama.html

Edited by Kowalski

That, in itself, is a reprehenisible position.

In fact, if you ARE American, that borderlines on a treason/traitor mentality, though not illegal in thought, just action.

Your kidding, right?

If you will look at the history of the Presidents, you will find that MANY a president has had to work with an unruly Congress. This is nothing new. Look at the election of John Quincy Adams.

When Election Day arrived, Andrew Jackson won, although narrowly, pluralities of the popular and electoral votes, but not the necessary majority of electoral votes.[33]

Under the terms of the Twelfth Amendment, the presidential election fell to the House of Representatives, which was to choose from the top three candidates: Jackson, Adams, and Crawford. Clay had come in fourth place and thus was not on the ballot, but he retained considerable power and influence as Speaker of the House.

Clay's personal dislike for Jackson and the similarity of his American System to Adams' position on tariffs and internal improvementscaused him to throw his support to Adams, who was elected by the House on February 9, 1825, on the first ballot. Adams' victory shocked Jackson, who had won the most electoral and popular votes and fully expected to be elected president. When Adams appointed Clay as Secretary of State—the position that Adams and his three predecessors had held before becoming president—Jacksonian Democrats were outraged, and claimed that Adams and Clay had struck a "corrupt bargain". This contention overshadowed Adams' term and greatly contributed to Adams' loss to Jackson four years later, in the 1828 election.

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Quincy_Adams

So, no, it's not treasonous or UN-american. It's just politics, and it's been going on for a long time....