Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

City of Milwaukee wants mor ballots

Independent1

This is a wierd one. Here are the facts

The county supervisor, Scott Walker(Rep), has the responsibility to provide the ballots.

He has provided 679,000 ballots.

The Mayor, Tom Barratt (Dem), wants 938,300 ballots, and says that Walker is trying to prevent people from voting.

There are 382,000 Registered voters.

There are 423,811 people living in the city of Milwaukee who are eligible voters.

This paragraph from a newspaper article seems particularly appropriate:

For the September primary, the city requested 841,357 ballots, or about 3,000 per ward plus the absentee ballots. Barrett said that the number requested in September was "in retrospect, too high" and, in fact, only some 94,643 votes were cast in the city.

The editorial cartoon from our liberal leaning paper made it look as if Scott Walker was clearly trying to prevent voters from voting.

Frankly, I think this is a load of bull. we don't need 2 ballots per eligible voter.

Here are some links to local news sources:

Article 1

Editorial 1

Edited by Independent1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Independent1

• Fluffybunny

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked at a voting station years ago. As I remember it is common to have many more ballots than you registered voters that are supposed to show up at that polling station to accomodate for when people make mistakes on ballots, folks that are not registered at that polling station showing up, stuff like that...

I don't know if it was twice as many, but it was quite a few more than the list for the polling station.

Of course it could be voter fraud too...who knows...

I worked at a voting station years ago. As I remember it is common to have many more ballots than you registered voters that are supposed to show up at that polling station to accomodate for when people make mistakes on ballots, folks that are not registered at that polling station showing up, stuff like that...

I don't know if it was twice as many, but it was quite a few more than the list for the polling station.

Of course it could be voter fraud too...who knows...

308070[/snapback]

I don't know that I suspect voter fraud, but more that this is being made up to try to falsely lead people to believe that Republicans are restricting ballot access.

I heard today the normal ballot ratio is 125% of registered voters. The city wants 225%. Why??? This does not make sense.

I don't understand it.

Like the old saying goes..."Vote early and vote often..."