Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Record US lottery prize won in Florida

Still Waters

The largest Powerball lottery jackpot in US history, more than $590m (£388m), has been won by a ticket-holder in Florida, local lottery officials say.

They said the winning ticket was sold in a supermarket in the Florida city of Zephyrhills, which has a population of at least 10,000.

It was not clear if anyone had yet come forward to claim the record win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22585467

Anyone here from Florida? Check your tickets folks! :D

And it wasn't me :(

I hope they and their family survive their good fortune intact. So many do not. But it's a problem I'd LOVE to have to deal with :w00t:

• Like 1

And it wasn't me :(

And I had my begging letter all written out too! :yes:
  • Like 1

I came from Florida, born and raised there. Does that count?

Nope.

The winner probably went into hiding. All their long-lost "cousins" might start showing up.

You know,I would be afraid to win that much money . Half a billion dollars.... You would get murdered on your way to the lottery office if anyone knew who you were.

The new trend is to not come forward right away,and talk to a lawyer and an accountant first .

Set up a corporation for the money ,so no one can trace it back to you ,or your phone will never stop ringing either.

Congrats to whoever won it tho .

• Like 2

Wasn't me,though in Boerne,north of San Antonio someone won a million dollars on the Powerball.We did have a little pool going at work.I boought the tickets .Felt pretty good as I played in the first row my regular numbers and the rest were quick picks.The last row had three of the numbers I always play,so felt fairly good. We all would have gotten an equal share.Would have given money to my brother and sister,fixed up the house.I would have given money to charity,and tried to set up a trust to help the poor pay vet bills.Sure everyone has seen the pictures of the poor dog here in San Antonio whose owner stiched him up at home and then put tape on his muzzle so he wouldn't lick the wound.That's what gave me the idea. Done stuff to help kids and others too.

You know,I would be afraid to win that much money . Half a billion dollars.... You would get murdered on your way to the lottery office if anyone knew who you were.

The new trend is to not come forward right away,and talk to a lawyer and an accountant first .

Set up a corporation for the money ,so no one can trace it back to you ,or your phone will never stop ringing either.

Congrats to whoever won it tho .

Don't forget hiring a bodyguard.

I don't like the fact that they make your name public when you win. It sets you up to be in a very dangerous situation.