Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sumerian related to Hungarians (Magyar)

Sheep Smart

SINCE MOST DONT KNOW WHERE SUMERIANS LEFT OFF AND WHO HUNGARIAS ARE TODAY, AND THAT THERE IS A CONNECTION.

originally a reply for another off topic thread , someone insisted I thread the context so here it be.

MAGYAR (hungarian) history in a nutshell:

When hungarians came into europe around 800AD they were discriminated against primarimly by the roman empire which was most of europe still at the time. now the main enemy against all of the roman empire was none other than the Huns who not only threatened sacked and beat many of their armies but later collaborated with the Germanic tribes and from there on severely broke up much of the western roman provinces, really the empire which began to deteriorate (the eastern roman empire was ok until our turk cousins much later put an end to that).

Anyhow hungarians were considered nothing more than barbaric hunnic peoples who came back 300 years later to steak its brethren hun land and so the hostility there began.

Hungarians tride to present they were not barbaric but because our language is not like any other. 3 european language families consisting of which is either German, Slavic and Latin, was to them proof that we were just huns from asia and the papal noted all of europe to have us exiled and threatened to conquer..

So. After awhile we joined with the Avars a then growing european empire in the east of europe and renounced ourselves but in later centuries our armies dwindled down and smaller nations were now beginning to form Throughout europe and the threats also came back. Hungary claimed that finns which also have their own language Which they were able to maintain for being isolated way up north, were also from asia even though they came into europe several thousand yearx headmstart they weren no threat and far settled. So hungry said they wers related to the finns which in reality hasnt been in the case in over 10, 000 years if at all.

Somehow it was accepted that Hungarian and finnish was soemhow related through language syntax. But because europeans other than huns and finns cant understand either one they couldnt bother to dispute it.

I speak hungarian (Magyar). I cannot understand a word in finnish. There are a few if a hands amount of archaic words that are somehwat similar like fish. For us its hol, finns its hulla I think. We even have a root to some archaic japanese words like katana in jap means sword, in Hungarian katana means soldier taken from sword holder (its real definition).

so there lies the lies and distorted history of Hungarian people. Also we had to act like we hated all turks and that we werent related, but we are. Turkish is not the same but I picked up on turkish very fast when I lived in turkey for awhile. In 3 months I was speaking it fairly well. In recent times 1700s the ottomans came back up into europe and took over hungary and we were forced to fight them though we lost, but we lived fine under their rule for 150 years.

History said the original huns left no trace of proof or writing to recall its language but it most likely was hungarian. Hungarians in the early days when they came over would never reveal that due to severe persecution and forced assimilation.

In hungary the number one boys name is Attila. (Attila the hun). Its like Joe in america. If that doesnt hint the connection idk what does.

Also when I lived in istanbul I came across many turks named Attila also though not as much as hungary. I have about four relatives with the name.

Then we had to accept christianity and we got our autonomy as a country,

Right after ww2 was over and the U.S. and russia signed off on splitting europe as long as the soviets stuck to the east they could have it. The us backed by britain and france made that deal to leave the west alone. Most people dont know this little fact,..And during that deal Hungary lost 72% of its land thanks to the west , which we were then overthrown with communism with the soviets til communism crashed ,.and. So today we are left with the rest today. I was in transylvania and they all speak Hungarian because it used to be apart of hungary.

Romania also up til communism fell in 1989 were persecuting us but thats another story.

So fact is we are very much an asian turkic people , cousins to turks and turks and Hungarian were always a threat to europe. First with huns then the ottoman empire. Its no wonder we are afard to have our history books rewritten with the actual facts.

That link doesnt mention much most who dont know whats going on so hope this explained it.

○○○●⊙●⊙●⊙●⊙● Now for the sumerian connection...............

The principal results of the research conducted so far on the Sumerian-Hungarian relationship have indicated that these languages have over a thousand common word roots and a very similar grammatical structure (37). In his Sumerian Etymological Dictionary and Comparative Grammar, Kálmán Gosztony, professor of Sumerian philology at the Sorbonne, demonstrated that the grammatical structure of the Hungarian language is the closest to that of the Sumerian language: out of the 53 characteristics of Sumerian grammar, there are 51 matching characteristics in the Hungarian language, 29 in the Turkic languages, 21 in the Uralic languages, 5 in the Semitic languages, and 4 in the Indo-European languages.The linguistic similarities between Sumerian, Hungarian and other languages are corroborated by the archeological and anthropological data discovered so far. These archeological finds indicate that the Sumerians were the first settlers of Southern Mesopotamia (5000 BC), where they had come from the mountainous regions to the North and East with their knowledge of agriculture and metallurgy, and where they built the first cities. Increased food production through the use of irrigation allowed an unprecedented population increase, resulting in successive migratory waves which can be traced archeologically and anthropologically throughout Eurasia and North Africa (38). Thus, from the evidence left by this process of colonization, it appears that the Sumerian city-states were able to exert a preponderant economic, cultural, linguistic and ethnic influence during several thousand years not only in Mesopotamia and the rest of the Near East, but also beyond, in the Mediterranean Basin, in the Danubian Basin, in the regions North of the Caucasus and of the Black Sea, in the Caspian-Aral, Volga-Ural, and Altai regions, as well as in Iran and India. It seems therefore that the Sumerians and their civilization had a determining influence not only on later Near-Eastern civilizations, but also on the Mediterranean, Indian, and even Chinese civilizations, as well as on the formation of the various Eurasian ethno-linguistic groups (39).

There is much evidence which has only just began to surfice recently (within past 100 years) where sumerian and hun runics were found to be the same,.. which is starting to make sense, and if its true and we are an offspring of sumerians that means we migrated north into the ural mountains north of Turkey, prior to merging with turkic tribes and then into europe. google sumerian an hungarian runic for more info , here's just one, i dont have time right now to post more..

http://www.hunmagyar...or/controve.htm

• Like 2

Dont worry, I can't understand a word in hungarian either, not that I've tried lol. Very interesting about our heritage though... to this day I was in the dark about this, only knew of the link between us and you. Estonians and finnish people can understand each other better, pretty similiar language, but dont know if they too descend from your people. For finns fish is kala, sounds pretty similiar to hulla imo, we have a "harder language", lots of more k's and t's and like that, power-language.

oh yeah and Finland is Suomi in our language, and fish scale is suomu, and to remove fish scales is to suomia. I remove fish scales = minä suomin. xD probably related to a lot of lakes we have, I think it's the highest lake count in the world per country, or top 3 or something.

Edited by Mikko-kun

The Huns first entered Europe at an earlier time but with no lasting presence.

The Huns were present at the Battle of Chalons in 451. Attila was there.

The Hungarian language is still considered part of the Finno-Ugric group.

Sumerian on the other hand is a language isolate.

There used to be a guy who would always call in to Coast to Coast AM claiming the Fins were behind everything from Jesus to aliens.

This thread might better belong in the alternative history section.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Dont worry, I can't understand a word in hungarian either, not that I've tried lol. Very interesting about our heritage though... to this day I was in the dark about this, only knew of the link between us and you. Estonians and finnish people can understand each other better, pretty similiar language, but dont know if they too descend from your people. For finns fish is kala, sounds pretty similiar to hulla imo, we have a "harder language", lots of more k's and t's and like that, power-language.

oh yeah and Finland is Suomi in our language, and fish scale is suomu, and to remove fish scales is to suomia. I remove fish scales = minä suomin. xD probably related to a lot of lakes we have, I think it's the highest lake count in the world per country, or top 3 or something.

ive met some few finns while in Europe, the craziest coolest biggest drinker was camping with us over at wacken metal fest in Germany. What a cool dude. Never been to finland tho.

Sorry about the word error. I knew it sounded somewhat close. Pardon me.

Funny thing is when spoken, I tend to glance over at a finn when their speaking finnish cause it does have a phonetic similar sound as hungarian but ts like I am familiar with the sounnd but oblivious to its content.

I beg to differ though, that your language is certainly harder. Im gonna have to counter you on that based on grammer alone. And simply, I can read and write it on a 1st grade level since I was raised in new jersey. I learned It from my dads side of the family. My mom doesnt know a word. I grew up with my grandparents.