Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible office haunting?

Elle16

We’ve had two strange things happen in our office over the past month which I’d like to share. Firstly, my office building was built in 1976, so it’s not very old and as far as I know, hasn’t seen any deaths, murders etc. My office is split into three levels 32, 33 and 34 (all accessed internally by stairs). The first level holds reception, an accounts department which is entered via a heavy wooden door and some meeting rooms towards the back.

One of the girls had finished doing an hour of relief reception and came up to tell me that as she’d been sitting there, she looked up towards the Accounts door and saw a black shadow ‘walk’ past the door. This girl is not a believer of ‘supernatural’ things, but she couldn’t think of any reason why or how a shadow could’ve been there when she was the only one downstairs. When our receptionist came back in from her break, the other girl asked if she ever saw anything strange happen while she was on reception, and she said that she ‘regularly sees a black shadow walk past Accounts’.

We all thought this was odd, and as much as I love a good supernatural tale, I try to be skeptical to rule out all of the other possibilites. I walked up and down the stairs to see if that made any shadows go past the door, but that produced nothing, we walked infront of lights to see where our shadows were and we really couldn’t find any reason why a shadow would be exactly where the receptionist and staff member saw it.

We had a bit of a joke and said it could be the man who began the company I work for, who we’ve affectionately named Georgie. He passed away sometime in the 1950’s and the building we’re in at the moment is in a completely different location to the one he had been in. As I’ve said, I do love supernatural stuff and mentioned that some spirits can attach themselves to an object, but as far as we all knew there was nothing in our office which was owned by Georgie. As we were talking about him, I saw the picture that we have hanging of him in reception and realised that the original sign from his very first office was hanging above the picture of him and was also on the wall directly across from the Accounts door, which none of us had noticed before!

After a week or so, we’d pretty much gotten over the experience. I was standing at one of the desks on the next level of the office which faces a long hallway linking the photocopier room to the kitchen. This desk is empty but there is a spare computer which is turned off. As I was folding letters, the computer started up by itself. I moved closer to it because I was a bit confused and wanted to see why it had turned on, as I walked over I looked up towards the hallway and saw a tall, black shadow move from the photocopying room to the kitchen. As soon as I saw this, the computer turned back off again.

I thought I was going crazy and was sure that it had just been one of the staff members, so I walked into the kitchen, but there was no one there.

Very strange!

• Like 1

Creepy !

Any history of deaths in the buildings history?

Where is the building located? Do you know any history of the place before it was built?

Creepy !

Any history of deaths in the buildings history?

Hi, super creepy!

None that I know of, and I'm trying to look into it but can't seem to find anything :td:

Where is the building located? Do you know any history of the place before it was built?

It's in the CBD of Brisbane, Australia. I'm going to see if I can find anything about what was here before they built this building, although it's proving to be difficult to find any info!

Hi, super creepy!

None that I know of, and I'm trying to look into it but can't seem to find anything :td:

It's in the CBD of Brisbane, Australia. I'm going to see if I can find anything about what was here before they built this building, although it's proving to be difficult to find any info!

I hope you find something! :tu: