Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Adam Kokesh: "Assault me?

Yamato

I can't watch the video ,so if this is in regard to my comment ,apologies ,but I heard he was arrested in Philadelphia today. The cops planted drugs on him . Something to this affect ,but I don't know all the details .

• Like 2

do you automatically assume that someoncaught with drugs was set up by the cops or just htis bloke?

I can't watch the video ,so if this is in regard to my comment ,apologies ,but I heard he was arrested in Philadelphia today. The cops planted drugs on him . Something to this affect ,but I don't know all the details .

I read about it as well.

do you automatically assume that someoncaught with drugs was set up by the cops or just htis bloke?

It's more the facts surrounding what happened that is questionable.

He was arrested at a Marijuana march. He had not smoked any Marijuana but others had. The Police arrested a lot of people including him. On the grounds of smoking Marijuana, they then let everyone else go (including those who where caught smoking marijuana) BUT kept him locked up.... Now that is suspicious.

• Like 3

Edited by Kowalski

You can actually see the cops palming something into his back pocket on the video of the incident .Best guess,his lawyer will have a field day with that .

Given he's the guy who's hosting and planned the upcoming armed march on Washington dc ,its a given they wanted to crucify him ,and he's being watched .

Setting him up at a weapons free, peaceful marijuana protest ,before the weapons march can take place ,I'm sure was pre planned ,and a good way to keep the dc march from happening.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

You can actually see the cops palming something into his back pocket on the video of the incident .Best guess,his lawyer will have a field day with that .

Given he's the guy who's hosting and planned the upcoming armed march on Washington dc ,its a given they wanted to crucify him ,and he's being watched .

Setting him up at a weapons free, peaceful marijuana protest ,before the weapons march can take place ,I'm sure was pre planned ,and a good way to keep the dc march from happening.

Alex warned him to be careful, that because of the March coming up on July 4th they'd be out to get him.....

And yes, you can see the police man planting something in his back pocket in the video. Real smooth guys....lol

• Like 2

They had marijuana on them and started smoking it and the cops moved in. Adam was speaking at the time on a platform. Police didn't arrest anyone in previous rallies to my knowledge, but observed passively instead. I'm not going to believe planting conspiracies based on creative interpretation of video evidence.

* snip *

Marijuana laws are set up so growing it is many times worse than having it, selling it is many times worse than having it, so logically why wouldn't pushing it be worse than having it? I would think that a cult of personality on the airwaves convincing people to have it, use it, sell it, grow it would be worse than a foot soldier in the field pulling a trigger (selling a dimebag). Not that I think this is bad, I'm just trying to think like a government goon and put those marijuana-based atrocities into perspective.

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to drug content, profanity
  • Like 1

The comment section says the guy in the video was a supporter of Kokesh, and that Kokesh was not charged with any illegal drugs.

But I do like Kokesh's video above. I've watched several of James Yeagers videos on guns. Kokesh puts him in his place, I think. But to be fair, here is Yeagers video response. He brings up good points, but I think he tried to bully Kokesh into shutting up.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/05/19/buck-yeager-vs-adam-kokesh-open-carry-march-on-dc/

Edited by supervike
  • Like 1

Incarcerated political activist Adam Kokesh, arrested by police for exercising his First Amendment rights during a pro-marijuana legalization protest on Saturday, is set to be charged with “assaulting a federal police officer,” despite the fact that the video of the incident shows him not resisting arrest.

“I’ve received word from a reputable but not official contact that Adam will be charged with assaulting a federal officer under 18 USC 111,”

writes supporter and activist George Donnelly. “This is a very serious charge. Take note that this is not official information yet. The source however is very reputable.”

Kokesh was kidnapped by Philadelphia police as he gave a keynote speech on Saturday. The former Marine was not smoking or in possession of any drugs when he was arrested.

Video of the incident shows Kokesh holding up his hands as he is dragged away. Not only did Kokesh not resist arrest, he made no aggressive moves to any police officer, as the footage clearly shows.

If he is charged with assaulting an officer, Kokesh will become the latest of a plethora of Americans who have been hit with such a charge despite acting in a totally peaceful and compliant manner. In some cases,

people who have received brutal beat downs at the hands of police have later been charged with assaulting a cop.

The charge, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail, would almost certainly scupper Kokesh’s plans of leading an armed march on Washington DC in July if authorities are able to make it stick.

Supporters of Kokesh are encouraging people to politely but firmly demand information on Kokesh’s circumstances by calling the numbers below.

(1) US

Attorney (Phila): (215) 861-8200

(2) US Magistrate (Phila): (215) 597-6079

(3) Philadelphia Federal Prison: 215-521-4000 (wait a sec, then press 0)

(4) US Federal Courthouse (Phila): (215) 597-7704

(5) US Park Police Office of the Chief in DC: (202) 619-7350 and Philadelphia: 215-597-7077

Adam Kokesh is currently being held at:

FEDERAL DETENTION CENTER

700 ARCH STREET

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106

Phone: 215-521-4000

Fax: 215-521-7220

E-mail address2: PHL/EXECASSISTANT@BOP.GOV

Taken from http://www.infowars.com/report-adam-kokesh-to-be-charged-with-assaulting-a-federal-officer/

Seriously, when did exercising your First Amendment rights become a crime? And he was the ONLY ONE arrested! Not to mention he wasn't smoking anything at all, as you can see from the videos....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Some people obviously need to read the Constitution again....

• Like 1

People routinely get arrested for "assaulting a police officer" when they did no such thing. If you are in a car and you vaguely steer toward a police officer for one moment who just happens to be standing in the middle of the road, that would qualify. I think the standard of evidence is "He was driving towards me and I felt my life was in danger." If you're in a car chase and you run into a police cruiser with your car because they're getting in front of you trying to slow you down, that's assaulting a police officer too. You think you only stole a car and went on a joy ride? When you get to court you realize there's 10+ charges against you. That's not a conspiracy, that's another boring day in court. But I'm sure the Alex Jones crowd will sprout more conspiracies than we can carry with two arms, and as always, jumping on yet another conspiracy theory doesn't help Adam Kokesh or the truth. It's why Alex Jones does more to cause the problems he rants about than the reverse.

• Like 1

I think that such "conflicts" between two alpha-male cults of personality make each of them more popular.

I've been trying to put my finger on an inconsistency with Adam Kokesh and after some time thinking about it I think I'm ready to reveal it. If one is going to champion a voluntarist society, which I think is a wonderful endeavor btw, then one must also learn a high degree of tolerance for what other people volunteer to do or say. Adam should save his ammo for those who forcibly prevent voluntary actions of other people (which may include himself but ideally wouldn't) not sensationalize himself by showing intolerance and invitations to violence. Apologies in advance to the Kokesh fans, but as always I'm just calling it like I see it.

• Like 1

I mentioned tolerance in the post above. I think a better word for what I'm trying to say is maturity.

Here's the video from Yeager that apparently started it all.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/05/19/buck-yeager-vs-adam-kokesh-open-carry-march-on-dc/

This is the exact same reason why Kokesh verbally bulldozes Rand Paul on a regular basis, because of mere disagreements over political tactics.

I don't listen to Yeager and I agree with everyone else that he's said some crazy crap in the past, but everything he said in the video above is thoughtful, considerable and perfectly acceptable to me.

Not that he has to be challenged to "prove he's not a coward". Really? People have a right to disagree with you about stuff Adam. I know, I know....you have to make money too.

He drops his home address in the OP video. Seemingly, a 20 or 21-year old Adam Kokesh bought his house in 2003 for $412,000 which is now worth $600,000, plus the premium from belonging to Adam Kokesh. I wasn't aware the Marine Corp paid that well. Or was this a gift from mom and dad?

• Like 1

I mentioned tolerance in the post above. I think a better word for what I'm trying to say is maturity.

Here's the video from Yeager that apparently started it all.

http://www.everydayn...ry-march-on-dc/

This is the exact same reason why Kokesh verbally bulldozes Rand Paul on a regular basis, because of mere disagreements over political tactics.

I don't listen to Yeager and I agree with everyone else that he's said some crazy crap in the past, but everything he said in the video above is thoughtful, considerable and perfectly acceptable to me.

Not that he has to be challenged to "prove he's not a coward". Really? People have a right to disagree with you about stuff Adam. I know, I know....you have to make money too.

He drops his home address in the OP video. Seemingly, a 20 or 21-year old Adam Kokesh bought his house in 2003 for $412,000 which is now worth $600,000, plus the premium from belonging to Adam Kokesh. I wasn't aware the Marine Corp paid that well. Or was this a gift from mom and dad?

First, Yeager didn't say anything bad, he was actually being very rational. I also see where Kokesh is coming from, too, but I don't think an ARMED protest March on DC is not the way to go. Although it does say in the Declaration of independence:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

First, Yeager didn't say anything bad, he was actually being very rational. I also see where Kokesh is coming from, too, but I don't think an ARMED protest March on DC is not the way to go. Although it does say in the Declaration of independence:

I see where he's coming from to go to the march, not pick fights. His response should be to explain why it's right to go as you're doing here, not rant and make threats about someone he gets into a petty dispute with.

• Like 1

I see where he's coming from to go to the march, not pick fights. His response should be to explain why it's right to go as you're doing here, not rant and make threats about someone he gets into a petty dispute with.

I have to agree. This is a time we should all be coming together, not getting into petty insults and arguments.

Kokesh should have calmly and rationally explained his reasoning for the March.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

Adam Kokesh was arrested for resisting arrest and assaulting a federal officer. The videos clearly do not show it. Perhaps the assault and resisting arrest happened after the video.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to excess profanity

I think the standards for charges like assaulting a police officer can be far too flimsy. A cop is manhandling you and you lose your balance and reach out and grab his arm to keep from falling on your face? That's "assault"! They expect you to just have a face plant on the concrete instead. I hope the reaction to this charge isn't that this is wrong just because it happened to Kokesh, but that it does happen, and this time it happened to Kokesh, and it's wrong whenever it happens.

• Like 1

I read an article yesterday that Adam Kokesh wouldn't give the coppers his home address so they can search his house for weapons/drugs/etc which is bizarre when he just dropped his home address to his old playmate James (Buck?) Yeager in the OP video I posted. Do the cops subscribe to AVTM? I could help them out, but that'd just be wrong, right? Do cops only need an address for that now, or do they still need that silly old-fashioned "warrant" thingy? Yes I know, the Constitution is so pesky to a policeman doing his duty. Maybe Adam will have some time to think without speaking, and actually grow to believe in those fictional "Constitutional Rights" when he's sitting in a cell next to his new playmate enjoying his "natural rights" to the fullest extent of the anarchical society that prison-life can be.

Note to self: Thingy passes the spell-check. *builds personal vocabulary +1*

Kokesh (about the march on DC):

“We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny,”

“This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent."

"We would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.”

Followed by (paraphrasing) "What what? You disagree with me, Summer Soldier Yeager? Prove to me you're not a coward!"

From a tactical standpoint, I can agree with Yeager that this approach is very poor. We can cite the Declaration of Independence in its defense but I can do that too in support of entirely different tactics. Kokesh rhetorically browbeats the Constitution on a regular basis (I'm a subscriber) so even if his tactics did mirror something worth picking from our founding document, that's almost coincidental when we can honestly take his rhetoric in tow.

• Like 1