Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Visions, Insight, Pre&Post Cognition, Feeling

Professor T

Snakes could also signal a rising energy such as those that work their way up the lower chakras (the spine) before they meet the more elevating energies of the mind. Snakes could be symbols of potential.

You can sure try atleast . Might not end up so well though haha. My last dream I had included some neighbors of ours who have been not so great. In my dreams I'm always all over the place, but this time I ended up in a building that cartoonishly tranformed and kind of scooped me up into the stairway. I was on the bottom steps of the stairway when it scooped me up and the stairway became like a breezeway. Before all this stairway weirdness happend, the neighbors and I kind of had a weird apologetic moment in the dream. The cool part is after I had that dream things have calmed down around here, which is always nice.

Awesome dream. It reminds me that at times we are struggling or think we have to (beginning at the bottom of a stairway with the implication we have to climb upward) but if we just surrender, pause, or reanalyze the situation we can just sit back and let the best positive outcome naturally occur (the breeze).

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 2

Symbols can be personal though which is why i rarely share my symbols, but focus more on the meaning and outcome. What a snake means to me can mean something different to someone else as proven by both of your interpretations of the snake which differs to mine - the snake has a very clear message for me when it turns up, and the energy of the dream is not what i would call peaceful or 'good'.

In the latest dream there were three snakes banded together, they were never separate and acted with a joint consciousness and energy sig that was not at all human or animal like. None of them bit anyone or targeted anyone on this occasion, but i had the sense in dream of somehow knowing someone had sent them to follow me.

• Like 1

A common symbol that I have utilized occasionally is picturing myself seated on the back of a cobra traveling through the grass and conversing. That the animal is powerful and self-assured is understood, but not important. It is the perspective one wants.

Snakes are often seen as cruel; I see that perception in people, but I do not see it in actual snakes. They are living things that do what must be done to live, but utterly without the thrill of the hunt that we sometimes see in more "advanced" animals.

• Like 1

Symbols can be personal though which is why i rarely share my symbols, but focus more on the meaning and outcome. What a snake means to me can mean something different to someone else as proven by both of your interpretations of the snake which differs to mine - the snake has a very clear message for me when it turns up, and the energy of the dream is not what i would call peaceful or 'good'.

In the latest dream there were three snakes banded together, they were never separate and acted with a joint consciousness and energy sig that was not at all human or animal like. None of them bit anyone or targeted anyone on this occasion, but i had the sense in dream of somehow knowing someone had sent them to follow me.

Not to disagree since we each know what a symbol means to us personally and as a Westerner a snake would cause some initial fear within me, I wish to add another perspective.

Dream symbols and others received through waking impressions that used to frighten me or cause any other negative reaction within me no longer do so or have not in some time. The change can be attributed in part to the information I was receiving and surrounding myself with exclusively, that is mental and spiritual diets for a lack of better terms, but the result was clearly a complete reversal in how I translated symbols. It was as if I did not even have a choice about it, simply put in an instant I just knew what the symbols meant and they no longer meant anything negative.

Once I saw a tall shadow off the the side behind me and knew within the second that it was someone thinking negative about me and a sign I should do some nice things for that person, so I did.

As already stated succinctly, we should not always attack the messenger.

On another note, Jessem's staircase dream turning into a breeze could be a dream of personal significance but I am going to draw hope from it. It does strike me as having global connotations. Earlier, during an argument between two people in real life, one was simply saying two things at once partially saying one thing that defended violence while also earnestly desiring peace. The other person spoke up in anger and protest.

The interchange left me with the impression that the person who spoke up was a symbol of positive change in our world, that the other person who was first speaking was also in a state of flux, between the old and new. So many good things are happening even now while a few bad things are also happening. We have to choose what to focus on to bring about better lives and worlds. So many times we allow others to decide for us but we have the choice what to focus on.

Share the hope! It is spreading.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Is it possible then, and i feel may be part of what the threads purpose is to find out, that when people start sharing their symbols and meanings and how they manifest in life, that we can receive insight and messages to our selves even, through the reading of other peoples symbols. For example, Me talking about the snake may have relevance to someone else, who equally has a personal understanding of the snake, their meaning may be different to mine, but they feel the symbol still connected to them to their meaning of the snake and the timing for that and what their meaning of snake is trying to convey was no coincidence.

Someone else who is adept at reading energy may connect directly to the energy of my dream and the snakes i described and be able to take a message about that in a different form, that way it wouldn't really be about the symbols at all, but the energy and that gives a purer connection imo to the source of what is really going on. It is still message delivered. As a medium I tend to take in information that way when reading others work, words or insights.

With my snake dream i suspect i was not in the presence of true 'snake energy' the energy sig and consciousness stood out so different that I wouldn't be happy to just assume it was snakes, but rather something taking the form or my consciousness only being able to perceive the being as a 3 banded snake.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
eta more info
  • Like 3

Oh my ...... I dream constantly now. Every night is long stroll of an epic. I usually wake up about 5am and just lye here digesting as much as I can. I have even stopped recording them because I'd spend 2-3 hours writtiing every morning. I just record what seems pressing at the moment. Lately a theme of images that form during meditation is my point of conciousness being very tiny.

My eyes will be closed, the third eye will open, I will see my surroundings typically bathed in a thick amber ether, then for some odd reason my conciousness will shrink to something like the size of an ant or smaller. I will be looking up at myself from a perspective that makes my legg look like a skyscraper. I haven't figured this one out yet. This only happens during meditations.

OOB, recently I was walking outside currents of blue lightning bolt like structures were reaching out to me from all directions connecting me with other life. Typically trees. I feel like I'm in one of those electricity globes. I have seen the blue currents before and Ihave spent much time watching them crack an fizzle in plants ( all OOB of course), but now it's like they are reaching out to me. I am a martial arts practitioner and teacher and have taught my students the Chinese whip chain many times. It's a delicate skill of using the momentum of the weapon as it wraps and turns around your body releasing and gathering momentum.

This morning I spent he whole morning wrapping and twisting these bolts of energy in a multiple dimensional form. But it's like using 10 whip chains at one time. Something completely impossible in normal reality. It awesome!!! I felt like avatar the last airbender wielding energy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p8cvGOU_tQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 3

Waking up this morning I heard this:

Heavy star in sky

Radar blips calm on the screen

This is the storm

It's a haiku, which is very familiar to me. (the last line is missing a syllable, but whatever... :) )

Typically upon waking up I hear auditory hypnagogia. Names or short sentences usually, the haiku is a first. Also, it came from a male voice/perspective.

Visuals, for me, are more common as I fall asleep or while in meditation. I have an interesting one (to me) I'll write up later when I get back home.

• Like 3

On Energy Flu as mentioned by Blu3, I suffered the following a couple of weeks ago.

The flu was something strange, and it there was no coughing or runny nose, but a general if not deep disconnection/dreamlike state of just not really being part of the outside world.. It took me about two days of bashing my elbows on door-frames and stubbing my heals and toes on steps and damn near anything and everything before I realised that what I was experiencing was a disconnection of where my body ended and where the outside world began.. Once I realised this a started a process of re-defining or re-learning my boundaries. Not sure how to explain it, but I had to re-define my physical boundaries. Am still bruised :(

When this occurred I had no-idea there was such a thing as energy flu, but felt that it was somehow activated or related to my mediations. I did feel that my illness was directly related to my meditation to the point where I even started goggling to try and find out if meditation can be detrimental to your health. Which according to some articles, deep transcendental meditation can cause spacial dysplasia. But later I also learned that people can/do suffer energy flu.

Also,

What cool Experiences guys! :)

Keep em rolling in..

Is it possible then, and i feel may be part of what the threads purpose is to find out, that when people start sharing their symbols and meanings and how they manifest in life, that we can receive insight and messages to our selves even, through the reading of other peoples symbols.

Definitely..

There is a lot we can learn in unity, and I feel that by sharing these little insights, big or small, even if they don't make sense, will give everyone a clearer picture or sense of meaning.. I also think that by coming together and sharing these insights we're building a bigger picture one piece at a time.

• Like 1

Heavy star in sky

Radar blips calm on the screen

This is the storm

Hi Sarah,

Am curious, how did this message make you feel? How did it resonate?

Reason why I ask is that it has a rather ominous resonation with me.

actually initially I felt it was ominous, went away and thought about it, feels more a storm in a teacup.

Edited by Professor T

Incidentally, after I posted the above I laid back put myself back into In between state. I started hearing garbled sounds. I had been reading some stuff here on Um about demons. It was very deep and monstrous like voices. Recognizing I was being influenced by the negative emotions flowing from some of these threads I turned my focus to clean up the 'negative' attributes. In ended up sounding like a radio broadcast a talk radio program though I couldnt make out the words. I also kep my eyes open so there were some mild geometric shapes flowing on the wall and some color changes . I made an unsuccessful attempt to exit my body again, but I was not in the right place. I was to interested in the clarity of the 'radio' broadcast and trying to figure out what was being said.

Gese, thank god for UM. If people in my personal life knew what goes on Witt me in the wee hours of the morning, they would think I'm nuts or on drugs.

Oh well time to take the kids to school :);)

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

OOB, recently I was walking outside currents of blue lightning bolt like structures were reaching out to me from all directions connecting me with other life. Typically trees. I feel like I'm in one of those electricity globes. I have seen the blue currents before and Ihave spent much time watching them crack an fizzle in plants ( all OOB of course), but now it's like they are reaching out to me. I am a martial arts practitioner and teacher and have taught my students the Chinese whip chain many times. It's a delicate skill of using the momentum of the weapon as it wraps and turns around your body releasing and gathering momentum.

This morning I spent he whole morning wrapping and twisting these bolts of energy in a multiple dimensional form. But it's like using 10 whip chains at one time. Something completely impossible in normal reality. It awesome!!! I felt like avatar the last airbender wielding energy.

That's some awesome energy work your doing in your obb form. PS i love the blue energies.

That's some awesome energy work your doing in your obb form. PS i love the blue energies.

Obviously ;)

Why blue. Is it chi, life energy, lines of connection. My science mind buzzes with questions .... Is it measurable? I have been spinning them into amazing patterns, but I'm not sure what for other than its a hell of a lot of fun.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

05.21 -

1. I saw a young boy, playing. He was running towards me, and he hopped into a go-kart.

2. I saw a woman with a beige jacket on, sitting in a public place. She had a big jack on, with the collar turned up to shield her face. She acted as though she didn't want to be seen.

3. A cross. It was a traditional Christian cross, but had a small x across the middle. The cross was not connected in the middle. It was made from four arrows pointing inwards on itself. I will post a pic that I sketched, soon.

05.22 -

Foliage on a tree/shrub. It was very deep green. The color of impatiens leaves.

05.23 -

A man sitting in a chair. As soon as I saw him, it was like he noticed me. He got up out of his chair and came closer, looking inquisitive.

Today -

1. Blue sky peeking thru clouds in a small area.

2. A light rain pushing over the edge of the eave of a house.

• Like 2

Last night, I saw a door opening & some light coming into the darkness. Black & white.

Also, Like seeker, I heard garbled voices, I strained to hear or glean something recognisable, lol, was not as if my ears were hearing them.. Anyway, the sounds weren't like from a radio, more like several groups of people just talking, laughing. It was stereo sound, several ahead of me, a group to the left, the laughing ones to the right.. It was a general murmur. I couldn't even determine if it was English or not.

• Like 2

Had 2 or 3 last night, can only remember the one which sucks..

Was quite vivid, not 3-d though.. There was an podgy elderly man, white shirt, striped jersey. He was walking towards me down a narrow corridor. There was a purpose to his stride & was looking strait at me. I think one of the other ones had something to do with animals. Sucks when you drift off to sleep and forget.

• Like 2

I had my riding on the back of a cobra dream again. The local wise woman thinks this represents me in some kind of danger, but I think she's wrong and I'm just having fun, kinda like riding a roller-coaster.

• Like 4

Like some one said, most people fear snakes, so snakes in a dream can represent trying to overcome fear.

Okay, so one I had about a month or so ago that was interesting to me.

I saw feathers. Large green & blueish feathers. Some of them were crushed or broken. Anyway, they were laying on the floor in front of a closed doorway. I started picking them up, trying to fix some of them, and then knew that there was something underneath them that I needed to see. I didn't know what is was, but I kept moving the feathers because I felt that it was important for me to find out. After what seemed like a long time, there it was. A small lit candle. I watched the flame dance around and then "snapped out of it", sitting up to write it all down.

I write "snapped out of it" and not "woke up" because as vivid and that whole thing was, I didn't feel asleep, or fuzzy at all. While watching all that, I was clear and completely aware of myself laying in bed..still aware of my thoughts and of myself fighting to keep my eyes closed so I was able to see, because I knew that if I gave in to the urge to open my eyes, it would be gone.

Which I only mention because for me, usually anything that I see/hear as I'm falling asleep is just a quick flash as I'm jumping back and forth between consciousness.

Hi Sarah,

Am curious, how did this message make you feel? How did it resonate?

Reason why I ask is that it has a rather ominous resonation with me.

actually initially I felt it was ominous, went away and thought about it, feels more a storm in a teacup.

"Storm in a teacup" sums it up pretty much perfectly. :) The feeling I got when I heard it was of someone being completely bored and unimpressed with something that was really hyped up. I haven't fully placed it yet. Maybe it was supposed to be reassuring in some way...

Also, just something small yet amusing to me, but before I woke up this morning I was dreaming where I mentioned to someone that the time was 5:18 a.m. I woke up soon after, got up and noticed my phone was dead. So I plugged it in and while I was waiting for it to start up thought to myself, "That would be funny if it was actually 5:18..."

And as soon and the main screen loaded guess what time it was at? Yep, 5:18 a.m hahaha

• Like 3

The following brief experience I had was after following Prof Ts method in meditation. From what I remember I saw what seemed to be microscopic ice particles and very fragile and intricate crystalline formations. Many other different shapes as well. These were all quite grainy. I am a beginner.

• Like 2

Feathers represent weight, you must have been feeling there was some kind of weight lying on your thoughts of some issues that are in front of you, that by shuffleing them around you discovered a answer.

I have had a couple of dreams recently that are well "off centre" for me at least.

Firstly, I dreamt I was handed a baby, I know I was caring for it on behalf of someone but who remained unclear. What was most pertinant was that I was always conscious of cradling it's head correctly and the baby was naked except for a diaper and probably not more than a week old, if not an actual newborn. I seemed to be holding a conversation with someone but I don't think it was focussed on the baby, holding the baby was just something that I was doing at the same time as conversing, almost as a "by the by" type side event.

"

The second dream was very dramatic. I dreamt I was shopping with a friend for a dinner, or just food shopping anyways. In the distance a volcano went off, the black plume of smoke was clearly seen and I wondered "is that close enough to affect us, it seems close enough but it's not in a big hurry to head our way". I suggested we head to high ground just the same as it was threatening. As we left, as these things go we turned in the opposite direction and another volcano was facing us blowing it's top, again at the exact type of distance where it could go either way, threat or not, was not fully decided, then they started going off everywhere, whole suburbs were being swallowed. We needed to get to high ground as there was definitely a good chance lava was gonna head our way and soon so we headed up a hill. My friend reached the top and as I followed her the hill became steep instead of just rising, the top looked like the top of a skating ramp, impossible to walk up at all. I said "I can't climb this" and was told "you have to find a way". At the edge of what was now a skating ramp for all intents and purposes but still a road at the same time, was a verticle wall, there were rocks jutting out of it. I had an idea and walked sideways to the edge, I was able to grip the top of the hill with one hand and the other grabbed a rock just a bit higher than the top of the "ramp", my foot found a foothold that i could use to push myself and pull myself up at the same time and I effortlessly scaled the ramp and lay down on top in relief.

I do have dreams that come true but those are always literally what I dreamed is what happens exactly as I dreamed. These aren't like those at all, not in feeling and definitely not in substance, they are definitely metaphorical but not entirely clear what they are telling me outside of overcoming some obstacle that seems larger than it really is and the solution is much simpler and more direct than I imagine - the volcanos and the ramp tell me that much but what does the baby signify and what else could the volcanos and the solution I found be suggesting, just curious?

• Like 3

'libstaK' qoute-

I have had a couple of dreams recently that are well "off centre" for me at least.

Firstly, I dreamt I was handed a baby, I know I was caring for it on behalf of someone but who remained unclear. What was most pertinant was that I was always conscious of cradling it's head correctly and the baby was naked except for a diaper and probably not more than a week old, if not an actual newborn. I seemed to be holding a conversation with someone but I don't think it was focussed on the baby, holding the baby was just something that I was doing at the same time as conversing, almost as a "by the by" type side event.

"

A responsibilty of some other put on you that you are hestitant, or doubtful about.:) a baby with out a diaper OH :):)

• Like 1

I do have dreams that come true but those are always literally what I dreamed is what happens exactly as I dreamed. These aren't like those at all, not in feeling and definitely not in substance, they are definitely metaphorical but not entirely clear what they are telling me outside of overcoming some obstacle that seems larger than it really is and the solution is much simpler and more direct than I imagine - the volcanos and the ramp tell me that much but what does the baby signify and what else could the volcanos and the solution I found be suggesting, just curious?

If I'd dreamed these, my meanings might not mean anything to you, but I'll give it a crack..

The first dream tells me your clucky and want to have a baby.. :lol: Either that or your suffering empty nest syndrome.. (ok, sorry, I couldn't relate to that one)

I found your 2nd dream of the volcanos very interesting. Metaphorically speaking, Shopping for me is a clue that this might have something to do with money or house/mortgage/ on-going concern or decision. Like you say, volcano's suggests hazards or perceived hazards that are on your mind, some hazard that could go or go either way. For me the profound bit was this friend that helped/guided you to safety and said "you have to find a way" which is pretty cool, and which I would read as being given some advice or choices, but whatever decision to be made has to be yours and no one else's. In the end, you struggled but made your way to the top, which in my book is success. Overall, if I'd had this dream I would be pointing towards some decision that I had made or had to make..

Edited to add. Maybe you just don't want to be left holding the baby.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

I asked our local "wise woman" (she is truly perceptive in her superstitious way) what to make of my dream of waking up in bed in a cow pasture, with cows shoving their wet sloppy noses in my face. She got mad at me and told me not to bother her with such trivial nonsense.

I don't think its nonsense; it may not portend any disasters or whatever, but I think it is interesting and seems to be telling me something.