Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Offensive Joke

Kowalski

‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado

Lizz Winstead, comedian and creator of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” was heavily criticized after jokingly saying Monday’s deadly tornado in Oklahoma had “been ordered to only target conservatives.

“This tornado is in Oklahoma so clearly it has been ordered to only target conservatives,” she tweeted.

Winstead clearly did not consider the insensitivity of her disgusting joke. As of 9:45 p.m. ET, the tornado had killed at least 51 people and the death toll was expected to rise.

More than two hours after her “joke,” Winstead tweeted the following apology:

“Made a political joke, Twas before devastation revealed. In hindsight, had I understood, I would have refrained. Beyond sorry.”

Taken from http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/20/the-daily-show-creator-makes-outrageously-offensive-anti-conservative-joke-about-okla-tornado/

How is that any more offensive then "Katrina hit New Orleans because of Gay Marriage"?

• Like 6

So the number of deaths made a difference? she should not have said it in the first place, especially "twitting" it for the world to see. Some people just can`t keep their stupidity to themselves anymore now that twitter is here!

• Like 4

How is that any more offensive then "Katrina hit New Orleans because of Gay Marriage"?

Yes, that is definitely offensive and totally out of line. I actually have heard "preachers"

Say that the reason Katrina hit New Orleans was because of voodoo. :no:

Some people are just idiots.....

So the number of deaths made a difference? she should not have said it in the first place, especially "twitting" it for the world to see. Some people just can`t keep their stupidity to themselves anymore now that twitter is here!

It was very stupid and, not to mention bigoted, thing to say. Didn't she have any better sense then to say something so stupid?

• Like 2

Now now, that's not appropriate, God targeting Conservatives like that, the purveyors of most of God's prayers. Trailer parks. It's appropriate to joke that God targets trailer parks, because it's true.

Reminds me of "Johnny Fever" from WKRP in Cincinatti - God HATES mobile homes, man..... :w00t:
  • Like 2

Tornadoes....the only known predator to a trailer park.....

:)

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

If I find someone's tweets or Facebook posts offensive I don't make a huge issue out of it. I just delete or unfollow that person. No biggie.

• Like 3

If you follow a tornado, or an auburn grad, you will end up in a trailer park. :innocent:

• Like 2

All you have to do is google Pat Robertson and his "outrageously offensive" declarations. And he's serious!

• Like 2

All you have to do is google Pat Robertson and his "outrageously offensive" declarations. And he's serious!

Yeah, I don't know why people listen to "preachers".....

Do people really think they have some special insight into God's mind or have some type of special knowledge that eludes us lowly mortals? I have a Bible and I can read and interpret it for myself, thank you very much. I don't need someone to tell me how I should interpret it nor how to live my life.

It's one thing to have an opinion on something, but a lot of these preachers, especially on TV, spout their opinions and then try and back it up with the Bible.....

Yeah, I don't know why people listen to "preachers".....

Do people really think they have some special insight into God's mind or have some type of special knowledge that eludes us lowly mortals?

Apparently so. The 700 club is on TV. The Bible Belt is alive and well. They are a major part of the Republican party. And Oral Roberts main thing is in Tulsa isn't it?

You post that article and go on to make a joke about dead people yourself.

Well played. :P

I mean seriously, is that comment going to add any pain to that the victims families are already feeling? Is there someone out there who is going to say "I protest, madame, my son's trailer was thrown into a valley and he died and he was as bleeding heart as a liberal comes!"

I think it was said because of gays in general ,and their despicable ways ,all over New Orleans ...yeh .

And why was nyc hit on 911...something about Jews if I recall. There's always a reason that has to do with race religion and sexual orientation .

Political affiliation seems the least offensive of them all...but I could be wrong.

It was too soon ,but it was a joke .

Notice how the left's 'humor', when they try it, is always full of hate and not funny?

• Like 1

Notice how the left's 'humor', when they try it, is always full of hate and not funny?

Not really, no. There's plenty of good and funny comics who could be seen as part of the left, just as there are many funny comics who could be seen as part of the right.