Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I may have found a sasquatch... or 3

Synyster Gates

Okay. So I went on the grad camping trip with my grad class to Foley lake in Chilliwack, BC. So it was Saturday night, and me and my best buddy Trevor decided to go for a walk. We walked from the bank of the lake where there are two rocks and up the small trail to the road. There were grads camped all along the road until we hit the road fork where it goes up to the right and up into the mountains. We kept going straight to where there is a slight indication of a landslide. It was dark. But anyway, I noticed something funny. It was moving in the shadows. It was a silhouette of something about6-7 feet tall where the road bends. It was moving. I thought I could see more than one, but I could be wrong. So I watched for about ten seconds, heart pounding in excitement and fear, then Trevor and I high-tailed it back to where everyone else was. We didn't tell anyone of our experience, Unfortunately, we were both sober during the experience. I would like to add, Trevor, Connor (my other friend who came up with us) and I could hear a kind of whooping sound and other strange noises coming from the mountain above us for the 2 nights we were there. Every few hours we would hear a sort of whoop, but no screams or hollers. Could I have found a group of sasquatches? After all, I was in the sasquatch capital of British Columbia. If you have had any similar experiences in the Foley lake area, feel free to tell them here! :)

Find anything in the daylight?

Have you tried to familiarize yourself with the sounds of local wildlife? Bird sounds at night, etc. This may help you find the culprit or eliminate some.

What about whatever you saw made you think "Bigfoot" as opposed to a more likely possibility of a known animal. Was there something about the silhouette?

Could it have been other grads, or even trees moving in the wind?

10 seconds isn't terribly long

How far away were you?

I assume there was a lot of noise going on with all the kids?

• Like 1

Find anything in the daylight?

Have you tried to familiarize yourself with the sounds of local wildlife? Bird sounds at night, etc. This may help you find the culprit or eliminate some.

What about whatever you saw made you think "Bigfoot" as opposed to a more likely possibility of a known animal. Was there something about the silhouette?

Could it have been other grads, or even trees moving in the wind?

10 seconds isn't terribly long

How far away were you?

I assume there was a lot of noise going on with all the kids?

All the grads were back at the main campsite. And the silhouettes where wider than regular people.

And there weren't any sounds from the grads that we could hear. I don't recall any nocturnal sounds from the birds. It was more like the whoops in the recordings I have listened to, but more faint and distant. There was only one whoop in the daylight. There also wasn't a breeze at the time. And I'm terribly bad at judging distance.. But I'm guessing around 50-80 feet ahead of us. And I am familiar with the sounds of wildlife, after all I am an avid outdoorsman. What really stood out for the silhouettes was the movements. It was the swaying and the slow lumbering away that they portrayed. I do not know if they noticed us at all, but that's about all I can give you in extra details.

All the grads were back at the main campsite. And the silhouettes where wider than regular people.

And there weren't any sounds from the grads that we could hear. I don't recall any nocturnal sounds from the birds. It was more like the whoops in the recordings I have listened to, but more faint and distant. There was only one whoop in the daylight. There also wasn't a breeze at the time. And I'm terribly bad at judging distance.. But I'm guessing around 50-80 feet ahead of us. And I am familiar with the sounds of wildlife, after all I am an avid outdoorsman. What really stood out for the silhouettes was the movements. It was the swaying and the slow lumbering away that they portrayed. I do not know if they noticed us at all, but that's about all I can give you in extra details.

Well, the General Rule is: If you don't know what something is, then it is probably a Sasquatch. It makes no sense to me, but I don't make the rules.

If you're not good at judging distances then it's fair to say that also applies to judging heights as well. And from your description I could easily be persuaded that what you saw was in fact a couple of grads getting some clandestine, red hot, midnight monkey lovin', if you get my drift.

• Like 1

If you're not good at judging distances then it's fair to say that also applies to judging heights as well. And from your description I could easily be persuaded that what you saw was in fact a couple of grads getting some clandestine, red hot, midnight monkey lovin', if you get my drift.

That would account for the whoops as well. :tu:

Also if it was hard to tell if there was one, two or three then how could you assume you saw a sasquatch?

Of all things why a sasquatch?

Also if it was hard to tell if there was one, two or three then how could you assume you saw a sasquatch?

Of all things why a sasquatch?

It was in Chiliwack. There's not really any other bipedal animals there. And it sure as hell wasn't a black bear.

It was in Chiliwack. There's not really any other bipedal animals there. And it sure as hell wasn't a black bear.

Sure there are - Humans.

But if you can't make out how many there were, then how can you assume it's a sasquatch over another camper? You would be able to figure out how many alleged sasquatch's there were before noticing smaller details.

after all I am an avid outdoorsman.

And you ran away?

• Like 1

It was the Mad Trapper. Better hope you don't have any gold fillings.

Right, there aren't any 'bipedal' animals in the area, except for the people that might visit...

tourism chilliwack foley lake

And you ran away?

Well Ididn't know what the hell those things are capable of. And plus I don't really like wandering into the wilderness at night. But if it was the darkness of the early morning, I'd be fine.

You must be a Bigfoot / Monster magnet.....

This is the third sighting you have posted like this:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=204573

Many never see one even once, let alone twice in different places...

Or, you like attention :)

• Like 2

Well, the General Rule is: If you don't know what something is, then it is probably a Sasquatch. It makes no sense to me, but I don't make the rules.

Unless they're short; then they're Aliens.

• Like 1