Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family life frozen in time....

keithisco

A truly amazing series of photographs:

"From the pile of books in the bedside cabinet to the neatly folded duvet, this bedroom looks almost ready for its owner to turn in for the night.

Aside, that is, from the peeling walls, patches of damp, and the thick layer of filth shrouding everything in the room.

The eerie photograph is part of a series by Dutch photographer Niki Feijen, who has captured furniture, ornaments and clothes frozen in time in homes where the owners have long since departed."

Read More (courtesy of The Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail...arm-houses.html

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 6

I could have a field day in them houses with all those antiques left laying around. That church is creepy though, give me shivers.

• Like 3

OK - Who let that nosey photographer into my house?

• Like 6

...That church is creepy though, give me shivers.

I agree - what's under those sheets? Scary! :o

• Like 4

What a profound waste...some of the furniture and art are most certainly valuable antiques. Someone must still own the property and pay taxes? I would think an estate sale should have been done long ago.

• Like 3

It would be really interesting to be able to wander around those places. So much history! I can't help but think some of the photos are slightly staged in some way though. Maybe it's the HDR too, it gives a unrealistic feel in some of them. But those locations must have been stunning to see in their glory days for sure.

The sheets in the church are eerie. lol

• Like 5

What a profound waste...some of the furniture and art are most certainly valuable antiques. Someone must still own the property and pay taxes? I would think an estate sale should have been done long ago.

I couldn't imagine what would make someone leave their house intact. If they passed away and had no family it seems like the place would have been sold off for taxes before everything deteriorated.

I do know of one incident where a huge house was left fully furnished, complete with clothes in the closet, sheets on the bed and food in the pantry. The elderly lady who owned it had passed away and left no will. The house was tied up with so many family members trying to claim it that no one was allowed in. It took over 20 years to clear it all legally up and now it has been restored to it's former glory.

• Like 2

That is awesome! beautiful pictures and also sort of creepy.

It would be really interesting to be able to wander around those places. So much history! I can't help but think some of the photos are slightly staged in some way though. Maybe it's the HDR too, it gives a unrealistic feel in some of them. But those locations must have been stunning to see in their glory days for sure.

The sheets in the church are eerie. lol

i agree....i also had the feeling that some of them are at least somewhat staged.

Such dreamy and enchanted photographs, yet so stunning and realizing.

A shame that these beautiful places would be left to rot..

Kudos to the talented and daring photographer.