Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans hunted and ate Neanderthals?

Still Waters

I don't think humans would do this

ohh i envy your faith in humans :D

• Like 1

"I have no doubt that it is part of the destiny of the human race in its gradual development to leave off the eating of animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other when they came into contact with the more civilized."

-- Henry David Thoreau

Millions of Hindus, Jains and Buddhists would disagree.

Yeah, but relying on dairy produce plus, I'm not sure "no meat" diet is that old amongst larger populace.

Heck, "no yogurt" because of bacteria is just modern invention. I wonder, why Jain followers do not wear masks 24/7, cause, you know, there are bacteria in the air and some of them do end up in the stomach... Damn killers...

• 1 month later...

I've had to go through and do a lot of cleaning. In what possible way is promoting a vegan or vegetarian diet the least relevant to the subject of what early humans and Neanderthals might have or not have done to one another?

Please avoiding pushing personal agendas in an out-of-context manner, and please stay on topic. If you don't think you have anything germane to add to this discussion, do not post in it at all.

Also, please do not ridicule or demean other posters. This is expressly against the rules of our forum.

Thank you.

kmt_sesh

• Like 2

After reading this thread, I will reconsider the urge I may get to tell someone: 'I just wanna eat you up!'

Maybe we did eat the compettition or maybe not.

Great article, OP!

:tu:

na the only reason Neanderthals didnt survive was the lost of their off springs, there were many bodies of their women and childred found out side of the caves. The men took the caves and left them out to die, homo sapians were a little smarter.:)

na the only reason Neanderthals didnt survive was the lost of their off springs, there were many bodies of their women and childred found out side of the caves. The men took the caves and left them out to die, homo sapians were a little smarter. :)

I don't think so. However, I think the story that started this thread is kind of stupid. Of course humans would eat neanderthals. I'm sure it happened quite often. I don't think they were a staple of the human diet, but letting good meat go to waste is not something hunter/gatherers would do.

In times of hunger and the choice was one of their own or another species, I am sure they did. Survival of your own species is quite an incentive to do so.

In times of hunger and the choice was one of their own or another species, I am sure they did. Survival of your own species is quite an incentive to do so.

Especially when neanderthals would have been viewed as a different species.

Like someone else said, chimps have been eaten for many years.