Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 Amazing Examples of Mind Over Matter

Still Waters

While we often think of our bodies and minds as two distinct entities, it turns out they are much more entwined than we might assume. Researchers are continually finding evidence that the brain has a distinct power to manipulate the body’s physiology. As these 10 examples show, the mind/body connection can work in our favor or detriment, depending on our knowledge of a situation and our ability to control our thoughts.

http://listverse.com...nd-over-matter/

• Like 5

More like "Mind over Body"?

Except for the sheets, that could be "Mind over Body" with effect on matter.

I think of "Mind over Matter" more like bending a spoon with your mind.

But still, amazing.

I find the multiple personality disorder interesting. Imagine if we could somehow control it and use it for positive effects on our body. It's all in the mind, isn't it?

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 1

I read all ten. Interesting stuff!

Has anyone heard of a man named Stepham Schwartz ? He teaches on non local consciousness . I think it all relates to mind over matter , and so on.

Has anyone heard of a man named Stepham Schwartz ? He teaches on non local consciousness . I think it all relates to mind over matter , and so on.

Nope.

Hi Mnemonix

When you have time you should look him up , try on youtube.

Thanks.

Just as long as it has nothing to do with religion :tu:

Edited by Mnemonix

Curiously, researchers have discovered the placebo effect is somehow getting stronger, and some drugs that have been on the market for years, such as Prozac, are now proving less effective than placebos

Or just they were using faulty science in the first place.

Some of the article resonates with some of Rupart Sheldrakes work.

I'm interested in the multiple personality disorder findings. If its true that one personality really is not diabetic while the other really is...... Wow!!!! Imagine what we will be capable of once we figure out our minds.

Anyone else tell themselves "im not cold" when in reality your freezing and trying to stay warm? B)

Anyone else tell themselves "im not cold" when in reality your freezing and trying to stay warm? B)

That wouldn't work - because your mind is being reminded of "cold" - "I'm not cold" aka: the word cold will make the mind recall memories of cold. A better tactic is "I feel warm and comfy".

The same with "I'm not hungry", one should say, "I feel full" or instead of "I'm not tired" try "I feel so alert right now".