Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rule Britannia for global crimes

Big Bad Voodoo

British put kids and women behind wire,concentration camps, to force Boers to surrender. So they(British) can freely exploit their(Boer) gold.

If you did study history or theme you would know what British usualy use to justify their war with Boers. I expected you to come with that, yet you didnt,

I let you to see how far would you go.

L, do you consider yourself to be racist?

reading through your posts, you would fill every criteria for being one.

you are refusing to answer questions, not acknowledging people who answer yours, and you are doing nothing but shouting the same, tired rhetoric over & over again, to the point where it looks like you're spamming the board.

there is no-one left alive from the days when britain had an empire, so reparations would be pointless. they wouldn't go to the people who earned them because they're all long dead, and the people alive now can't be forced to pay for the mistakes of their forebears. these aren't biblical times, where sins are past down seven generations, and neither are you god to pass judgement, ergo, your constant haranguing of people is nothing short of racism.

you may not be able to see that, but believe me, I aren't the only one who can.

stop it.

make your point fairly, once, or not at all.

• Like 1

But since Im not malicious person I will tell you so you can freely protect yours country reputation.

For some British historian reason for war was justify because of Uitlanders problem.

For rest of world and for rest of British historians who are not on agenda reason of war was Witwatersrand gold and fact that by 1898 Transval produced 30% of total world output.

Transval was rich country in which British whatever reason was sent send largest army Brittain ever sent overseas, and later did something horrable. Concentration camps.

Because for Boers they would just be moving targets.

and THAT is just baiting people, and on a public forum, is despicable.

how can you expect people to take you seriously when you're practically foaming at the mouth with racist sentiments, repeating the same things over and over again, and deliberately baiting people?

you need to seriously listen to yourself.

L, do you consider yourself to be racist?

reading through your posts, you would fill every criteria for being one.

you are refusing to answer questions, not acknowledging people who answer yours, and you are doing nothing but shouting the same, tired rhetoric over & over again, to the point where it looks like you're spamming the board.

there is no-one left alive from the days when britain had an empire, so reparations would be pointless. they wouldn't go to the people who earned them because they're all long dead, and the people alive now can't be forced to pay for the mistakes of their forebears. these aren't biblical times, where sins are past down seven generations, and neither are you god to pass judgement, ergo, your constant haranguing of people is nothing short of racism.

you may not be able to see that, but believe me, I aren't the only one who can.

stop it.

make your point fairly, once, or not at all.

What answer didnt I answer? Shrooma maybe I didnt answer on questions which I think there is no need for answering. Because they are common knowledge.

Im defenetly not racist. Show me why?

And btw I did stop, This thread was forgotten but Setton ressurected it.

I just respond.

And I sign every word I have written and for anything I did I can provide links.

So because you dont know history dont call others racist.

Setton are you talking to yourself?

You ignore my posts. I answer you. And I will not repeat it because you are either lazy, ignorant or here for redicule.

And which posts would these be? Maybe I missed some over the weekend. I guess it was rude of me to go and raise money to build classrooms in Kenya.

If you are referring to your 'reason' that compensation should only go back to 1800, I did not ignore it but discounted it on the basis that it is simply false.

Read son.

Also son those kids would be very much alive if British didnt came and burn their houses.

And if they didnt show up in their country at all.

And if the Boers hadn't showed up, it would still belong to the natives (you know, the ones who fought with us against the Boers).

Save your patronising for someone who deserves it.

British put kids and women behind wire,concentration camps, to force Boers to surrender. So they(British) can freely exploit their(Boer) gold.

If you did study history or theme you would know what British usualy use to justify their war with Boers. I expected you to come with that, yet you didnt,

How do you see the gold as rightfully belonging to the Boers? How was their invasion of the area for money acceptable, but the British one not?

As to the rest of the post, I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. I'm afraid that is just gibberish.

Setton,

you didnt study anything.

Oh really? Your English doesn't seem too strong so I'll write that one off as poor language skills rather than an insult. I'd watch what you say in future though.

If you did study history we wouldnt have discussion at all did British have or have not had conc. camps.

Luckily, that is not the debate we are having. I repeat my earlier offer: If you are struggling to understand, I can continue this through PM in a language in which you may be more competent.

Neither you would try to justify their deeds.

Any historian should view events in the context of their time. The fact that you do not only adds weight to my earlier suspicions.

Rest of your post is redicule. As usual from your posts you posted today.

Is it ridicule to ask a question? I think not. So, one last try, why should we not seek compensation from the Danish and Norwegian Royal Families?

Edited by Setton

And btw I did stop, This thread was forgotten but Setton ressurected it.

I just respond.

You complain that I don't answer your posts, you complain that I do and you refuse to accept any information that contradicts you preconceived ideas. I believe there's a word for that. Starts with T, ends with roll.

and THAT is just baiting people, and on a public forum, is despicable.

how can you expect people to take you seriously when you're practically foaming at the mouth with racist sentiments, repeating the same things over and over again, and deliberately baiting people?

you need to seriously listen to yourself.

no shrooma, you need to listen to yourself.

Where did I show my racism?

Setton played like his knows a theme better then me. So I asume maybe he does. Im not library. So I wait to see his arguments. Yet he completly missed the target.

He start arguing did conc,camps existed or not. Only thing British historians try to justify is their attack on Transval. Not conc. camps.

So again, because Im polite, civil, easygoing and friendly I wanted that this thread become forgotten. I didnt ressurected this thread.

And calling me racist, where that puts you? Im racist because I repeat facts. Well known facts. Easily checked. Common knowledge. Why I repeat it? because there are people here who either cant read either ignore or else. So they asked again and again.

You complain that I don't answer your posts, you complain that I do and you refuse to accept any information that contradicts you preconceived ideas. I believe there's a word for that. Starts with T, ends with roll.

And you really think that I will be willing to speak with you after you called me troll?

Perhaps I will when you get little cool off.

I know truth hurts.

Edited by the L

Setton played like his knows a theme better then me. So I asume maybe he does. Im not library. So I wait to see his arguments. Yet he completly missed the target.

He start arguing did conc,camps existed or not.

Nope. That just confirms it. You're either a liar, a fool or incapable of understanding English. Take your pick but it's one of those.

So again, because Im polite, civil, easygoing and friendly I wanted that this thread become forgotten. I didnt ressurected this thread.

Again, obviously answering you should have been a far higher priority than building a school in Kenya. For someone who claims to want to improve things, you sure give those of us doing so a hard time.

And calling me racist, where that puts you? Im racist because I repeat facts. Well known facts. Easily checked. Common knowledge. Why I repeat it? because there are people here who either cant read either ignore or else. So they asked again and again.

Cnut's invasion of England

Harald's invasion of England

More 'well known facts' for you. And yet you will not address them.

And you really think that I will be willing to speak with you after you called me troll?

Perhaps I will when you get little cool off.

I know truth hurts.

Apparently so. You will notice I am not the one going to sulk.

Truth hurts.

shrooma Im surprised by your reaction. I didnt know you are that kind of person. Im not mad but will change my stance towards you in future.

suprised by my response?

not half as suprised as I was at your posts that MADE me respond.

think about that L.

i'm not that sort of person.

but I AM with racists.

and as for 'changing your stance', you needn't bother. now i've seen the person you REALLY are, conversations between us will be VERY few and far between.

I suggest you read back through your comments and seriously tell me you aren't being racist.

blaming all the evils of the world on the british, DEMANDING they be brought to 'justice', and belabouring the point ad nauseum PROVES you have a racist agenda.

there's no place for that kind of hatred in a civilised society, or a civilised discussion forum, and believe me, what you're posting IS hatred.

Please stop going on and on about one another personally. Try and discuss the subject without degenerating into calling each other 'liars' and various other unpleasant things.

• Like 1

suprised by my response?

not half as suprised as I was at your posts that MADE me respond.

think about that L.

i'm not that sort of person.

but I AM with racists.

and as for 'changing your stance', you needn't bother. now i've seen the person you REALLY are, conversations between us will be VERY few and far between.

I suggest you read back through your comments and seriously tell me you aren't being racist.

blaming all the evils of the world on the british, DEMANDING they be brought to 'justice', and belabouring the point ad nauseum PROVES you have a racist agenda.

there's no place for that kind of hatred in a civilised society, or a civilised discussion forum, and believe me, what you're posting IS hatred.

After reading Im racist I stoped reading rest of your post.

Please report any posts that you consider to be racist or in violation of UM rules.

:nw:

Thats all I ask too.

Lily why dont you have angel as avatar? :w00t:

Lily I hope being anonymus isnt against rules?!

Edited by the L

Setton to add to my post 204. Some historians think that Boer war put oil on fire between British and Germans. Because of Mauser rifles and German and Dutch cheering for Boers.

Edited by the L

Setton read post 204.

All rest is just noise.

Answer my later questions: Why is that gold rightfully their property?

Why can people apparently only claim compensation from the British?

It is indeed against UM rules to post as anyone other than your chosen identity. It is also a violation to post hateful and/or racist content.

From what I have been able to read so far, holding modern people responsible for the actions of people in the past is not only unfair but counter productive.

Answer my later questions: Why is that gold rightfully their property?

Why can people apparently only claim compensation from the British?

Becuase it was Transval property.

Why is London tower British? Why not Irish London tower?

But it cant only claim compensation from British. Germans as example also paid compensation.

Its normal thing in civilized countries.

It is indeed against UM rules to post as anyone other than your chosen identity. It is also a violation to post hateful and/or racist content.

From what I have been able to read so far, holding modern people responsible for the actions of people in the past is not only unfair but counter productive.

I didnt use another account. I just stayed the L but was anonymus. Is that against rule? If so, why do you have option anonymus?

Lily thanks for your opinion. I dont agree because its crime against humanity and we have evidence for it.

But I do agree with you in general. Wars for example.

Edited by the L

Ok, if we are to go back in time we can find various examples of many empires that treated the people they colonized quite poorly. From the Romans, to the Ottomans, to the British, Spanish, French etc. powerful nations weren't always all that pleasant. In the past racism and bigotry against people of other cultures was very common. However, the past does not give us here and now in the 21st century a right to say anyone has to pay for the bad behaviour of the past. Were this so just about every country on Earth would be paying restitution to someone.

So, blaming modern people for the sins of people in the past needs to stop.

• Like 1

Becuase it was Transval property.

Why is London tower British? Why not Irish London tower?

And what made it the Boers property? They took it at the point of a bayonet. Why is it fine for them to invade a country but not for the British to take that country from them later?

But it cant only claim compensation from British. Germans as example also paid compensation.

Its normal thing in civilized countries.

So why should we not claim from Denmark and Norway? They claim direct descent from well documented invasions of England.

Ok, if we are to go back in time we can find various examples of many empires that treated the people they colonized quite poorly. From the Romans, to the Ottomans, to the British, Spanish, French etc. powerful nations weren't always all that pleasant. In the past racism and bigotry against people of other cultures was very common. However, the past does not give us here and now in the 21st century a right to say anyone has to pay for the bad behaviour of the past. Were this so just about every country on Earth would be paying restitution to someone.

Thank you. My point exactly. Although how far back in this thread I made it is anyone's guess by now...

So they(British) can freely exploit their(Boer) gold.

Their gold? Did they bring it from Europe with them?

Has it occurred to you that this period of South African history was characterised by one horrible lot of imperialists facing off against another horrible lot of imperialists. I don't think any of them get to occupy the moral high ground.

It's like arguing about which is the best looking pile of vomit.

• Like 1

We are going in circles with new player here, you. I could easily respond and give arguments for my stance. Such as that we here discuss British and that we discuss Japanese I would point in Rape of Nanking. Also Roman empire doesnt exist neither their succesor Byzant. While British exist. And most importantly that these are all crimes against humanity and we have evidence fot it. Truth is that all British responsble for it are dead. But its not country dead. I gave fine examples analogies with Germany couple time.

Its posted in my posts. But Im really not feeling like I want to participate in this thread. Bad blood and all. Not that Im not sure in my views. Just opposite.

But I already left this thread then Setton ressurect it and I thought well lets have polite conversation.

So. We have different opinions. And with you I can easily disagree. Why with Setton I have problems because he try to justify British deeds or with Shrooma who called me liar and racist. On which I respond that British concentration camps are common knowledge.

Well, thats it.

Their gold? Did they bring it from Europe with them?

Has it occurred to you that this period of South African history was characterised by one horrible lot of imperialists facing off against another horrible lot of imperialists. I don't think any of them get to occupy the moral high ground.

It's like arguing about which is the best looking pile of vomit.

As a matter of fact it was their because Transval was state as New Zeland today.