Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stockholm erupts in wave of violence

Big Bad Voodoo

Hmm that website seems to just cover environmental/geologic/astronomic issues. What's the Norwegian Jihadists doing there?

Here's some more info and videos from a more pertinent site;

• Like 2

Riots in Stockholm!!!!!...who is doing this? :o

Police Follow Up Beating A 'Possibly Intoxicated' Man To Death By Seizing Witnesses' Cell Phones

http://www.techdirt....ll-phones.shtml

Sometimes the cops go too far and should be prosecuted but that rarely happens. Really didn't know it was a problem in Sweden.

Edited by Hilander

Police Follow Up Beating A 'Possibly Intoxicated' Man To Death By Seizing Witnesses' Cell Phones

Sometimes the cops go too far and should be prosecuted but that rarely happens. Really didn't know it was a problem in Sweden.

:no: :no: :no:

Edited by Dark_Grey

Sounds like it might have begun honestly as spontaneous moral outrage but the second and third nights were hooliganism I guess. Sweden...who would have thought?

Sounds like it might have begun honestly as spontaneous moral outrage but the second and third nights were hooliganism I guess. Sweden...who would have thought?

Places like Malmo, Sweden resemble Paris, in that Muslim youth routinely riot and go on car burning sprees. It's not reported here in North America, because it's not politically correct. The only quick sources I can find are the orgininal Scandavanian news reports and commentary by anti-Jihadists.

Norway and Sweden have tiny populations, so the recent Muslim immigration there have heavily skewed social problems.

• Like 3

Well, it's the fifth straight day now that Stockholm's been burning and not much mention on the mainstream news. What does it take?

And the reason? The wave of Muslim immigrants apparently don't want to integrate. Sounds just like Paris and London.

I guess no one from Scandinavia reads this forum, too bad.

• Like 2

Well, it's the fifth straight day now that Stockholm's been burning and not much mention on the mainstream news. What does it take?

And the reason? The wave of Muslim immigrants apparently don't want to integrate. Sounds just like Paris and London.

I guess no one from Scandinavia reads this forum, too bad.

this is not surprising, one of my best mates is swedish, and only the other day we was talking about the situation, its been brewing for some time.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

I lived in Sweden for 2 years (2004-2006) and my son still lives there. I have friends in and around Stockholm, and have been there many times. Redhen, it's not as simple as "the Muslims don't want to integrate." By the way, religious groupings rarely do "integrate," by definition. They stick with their own, in their respective places of worship, worldwide.

Stevewinn makes a good point--this "has been brewing for a long time." The most significant internal political development in Sweden in the past 5 to 6 years has been the swift rise of the 'Svenskademokraterna' ('Swedish Democrats') who are anything but. They are a neo-fascist nordic-aryan-supremacist party who feel threatened by Sweden's generally open society--as open to the world's refugees as the USA was post-WW II. They now even hold seats in parliament. Their xenophobia and shortsightedness (many emulate Hitler and Norway's Quisling) have not caused these riots. They are clearly a contributing factor. They vilify and harangue anyone who is not a native-born Swede and/or "looks the part." They deserve their nazified moniker "SD."

These are riots born from unemployment, lower standards of education and an increasing gap between richer and poorer. These factors sound much like the contemporary USA (my birthplace and homeland), but are unheard of in the past several generations of Sweden's relatively utopian welfare state and open door policy for refugees. Family and friends 'in country' state that the rioters are not all Muslims/Middle Eastern/etc., but a mix of disgruntled, disaffected and violent young men and women of all 'stripes.'

The chickens have come home to roost, as chickens usually do.

• Like 2

These are riots born from unemployment, lower standards of education and an increasing gap between richer and poorer. These factors sound much like the contemporary USA (my birthplace and homeland), but are unheard of in the past several generations of Sweden's relatively utopian welfare state and open door policy for refugees.

So unemployment is a license for arson, rape and murder?

Family and friends 'in country' state that the rioters are not all Muslims/Middle Eastern/etc., but a mix of disgruntled, disaffected and violent young men and women of all 'stripes.'

Interesting, I was unaware. Can you show me some evidence of this?

The chickens have come home to roost, as chickens usually do.

Really? If that's the case, then you should be able to show me where Norway and Sweden have invaded and occupied Muslim countries in the past?

• Like 2

Riots in Stockholm!!!!!...who is doing this? :o

:no: :no: :no:

Sweden...who would have thought?

it DOES seem rather bizarre doesn't it?!

the swedish are usually a byword for level-headedness!

(& dodgy flat-pack furniture.....)

• Like 1

Sweden reinforcing police in riot-hit Stockholm

Reinforcements of specially trained police are being sent to Stockholm after five nights of unprecedented rioting in the capital's suburbs.

Police officers are being sent from the cities of Gothenburg and Malmo, both of which saw rioting in recent years, a spokesman told BBC News.

"They are trained and educated for the police tasks going on in Stockholm," Kjell Lindgren said.

Several schools and scores of cars have been burnt in Stockholm this week.

The nightly riots began on Sunday in the north-western suburb of Husby, a deprived, largely immigrant area. It is believed they were sparked by the death of a man nearly a week before, who was shot by police after he allegedly threatened to kill them with a machete.

The unrest has since spread around the city, with groups of youths stoning police and firefighters summoned to tackle arson attacks.

The rioting has raised questions about the success of the country's attempts to integrate foreign-born residents, who now make up some 15% of the population.

In Husby, more than 80% of the 12,000 or so inhabitants are from an immigrant background, and most are from Turkey, the Middle East and Somalia.

Community activists have accused the police of using racist language during the unrest and prosecutors are investigating complaints. Police have tried to calm the situation by speaking to community leaders, such as in mosques.

with whats going on in western countries in regards to immigration and ethnic groups especially with those from a Moslem or Arab backgrounds their actions are going to cause resentment with the 'native' population, everyone has a breaking point. and its not nice watching your house being smashed up and in some cases people getting murdered by people who have been welcomed in by the host nation. - especially when most of these migrants come from despot countries. - personally i think we need tough action, because the minority of the minority is making matters worse for majority of the minority who are peaceful, law abiding citizens, who just want to live and let live. - i know its not politically correct but i'd like to see migrants who commit crimes deported. no appeals no human rights. and in some cases. when you have British Born criminals who clearly dont see themselves as British in any way shape or form they too should also be deported, so in effect making them refugees. and let some other poor b****** deal with them. like we currently deal with everyone else's waifs and strays

• Like 3

it DOES seem rather bizarre doesn't it?!

the swedish are usually a byword for level-headedness!

(& dodgy flat-pack furniture.....)

Well, that's because these crimes are not being committed by ethnic Scandinavians. For example, something like 90% of rapes are being committed by Muslims.

[media=]

[/media]

So tell me again, what's this got to do with unemployment?

Yeah, I thought so.

Don't take my word for it, just google "norway sweden muslim rape "

Edited by redhen

Evening (here), Redhen. I think you cherry-picked some of my opinions to make me appear a bit more hen-pecked than I actually am. My main point was that, like most social violence, these Stockholm-area riots have multiple causes. As for the fact that not all the perps are Muslim youth, I have eyewitness reports (now, given that I am their recipient, they are second-hand reports--from people I trust). As for the chickens coming home to roost, that was intentionally a double entendre; the very issue is: "Who are the chickens? In whose home do they roost?" Even chickens become bloodthirsty if they overstay their welcome, originally extended with open arms--arms now closing in self-preservation and, perhaps, regret that the chickens were ever let in to begin with.

• Like 2

Well, that's because these crimes are not being committed by ethnic Scandinavians. For example, something like 90% of rapes are being committed by Muslims.

[media=]

[/media]

So tell me again, what's this got to do with unemployment?

Yeah, I thought so.

Don't take my word for it, just google "norway sweden muslim rape "

We will not find any unbiased academic sources that corroborate the 90% figure mentioned above.

The YouTube video posted above is from a user account with the name of IsraelWithTheWest.

That same video was spread around all the usual Islamophobic websites.

The agenda was of course to fuel intolerance.

Not surprising.

We will not find any unbiased academic sources that corroborate the 90% figure mentioned above.

It depends which time and area, in some cases it is 100%.

The YouTube video posted above is from a user account with the name of IsraelWithTheWest.

That same video was spread around all the usual Islamophobic websites.

Does it matter who posted it? It's a TV news report. Here's an Oslo Police sex crime report from 2011. Perhaps someone here who knows Norwegian can translate. The stats in Sweden are similar.

"Grove generaliseringer som har gitt inntrykk av at voldte ktsmenn kun er utlendinger – og i hovedsak muslimer-viser seg utilstrekkelige og feilaktige. Nedenfor framgår det at den største gruppen (11,8%) av gjerningsmenn blant samtlige 152 kjente mistenkte/siktede personer var norske og anmeldt for relasjonsvoldtekt."

From what I can piece together, it sounds like rapists are 4 times more likely to be Muslims. Keep in mind, this is an official police report.

The agenda was of course to fuel intolerance. Not surprising.

The "agenda" is to speak the uncomfortable truth, that the mainstream media refuses to report because or .... yup, political correctness, aka Cultural Marxism.

It's important to avoid gross generalizations, these types of claims should be avoided unless there is solid evidence to support them.

That quote in Swedish actually says:

Grove generalizations that have given the impression that caused ktsmenn only foreigners - and largely Muslim-proving inadequate and erroneous. Below shows that the largest group (11.8%) of perpetrators among all 152 known suspects / accused persons were Norwegian and reviewed for relationship rape.

This is the opposite to what you are saying.

It's important to avoid gross generalizations, these types of claims should be avoided unless there is solid evidence to support them.

Yes you are right. I don't speak Norwegian or Swedish, so perhaps I've fallen for some right wing propaganda.

The man killed was portuguese, so against muslims arguments don´t fit in this case.