Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soldier beheaded in London

Ashotep

When I first saw the videos that showed civilians milling around taking cell phone videos, my first thought was what happened to British/Victorian Stoicism? The land of Kipling, Baden-Powell and Churchill. What had changed? Then I read this dialogue from Scout leader Ingrid Loyau-Kennett

"She has told The Telegraph how she held her nerve while engaging the alleged attackers in conversation as one told her: 'We want to start a war in London tonight'.

She told the man: 'Right now it is only you versus many people, you are going to lose, what would you like to do?'"

Well done !

Now where are all the men?

I don't see how she was able to stand there talking to him without losing it. Brave woman.
  • Like 4

Maybe it's time to allow off duty soldiers to carry handguns,it might not have helped in this case as i understand they hit him with their car first.This opens up a whole new dimension of terrorism, and there will be more attacks.

• Like 2

What the hell is wrong with you Brits? I mean, did you see the video? Many many people around and no one went after this murdering #%*^.

Had that scum just stood around the scene in America his ass would've been apprehended or worse, no, better.

Apparently it's called the bystander effect. Do a quick search and you'll find no end of similar situations occurring in America. Everyone likes to think they would act, but the reality is that few do.

• Like 5

When we rise above partiality and also begin to care for the women and children whom our bombs and drones kill over there then things could change.

They showed restraint by not targeting our women and children as we do theirs and dismiss as collateral damage without any other consideration, the same consideration some only show for ours, such as this soldier's family who get to live.

Sailing along on the "good ship LollyPop" are we? These men BEHEADED an innocent man just because he wore the uniform of his country. I'm not even British and I find your statements disgusting. I will not argue with your ilk over this kind of situation but I will say THIS..... I hope you get EVERYTHING you have coming in the future due to your attitudes and stances. A day may well come when the EDL will no longer be considered radical or marginal as they are now. AFAIC a man or woman who has no loyalty to blood and country is useless to everyone - even those he supports. Did it ever occur to you that we did not START this little soire'? No, I'm sure it didn't because you blame everyone except those who do the killing. DONE with you and your silliness.
  • Like 2

Jesus, sympathy for murderers. Unbelievable. The whole reason we have jets and drones over there is because they murdered thousands of Americans. Remember that?

He doesn't CARE about that. It makes me want to puke.
  • Like 1

I believe the New Nixon is correct; I'm thinking Nigeria, not Mali; there is a brutal civil war in Nigeria--a former Brit colony--and the killer was obviously p***ed in the "Name of Allah."

This barbaric and reprehensible behavior will continue until we are through with the Second Dark Ages--which have only begun. Put on your seatbelts.

• Like 1

What the hell is wrong with you Brits? I mean, did you see the video? Many many people around and no one went after this murdering #%*^.

Had that scum just stood around the scene in America his ass would've been apprehended or worse, no, better.

Sickening statement. He chopped a dude up with kitchen utensils in front of decent people and you call that restraint.

Seriously..? They were unarmed civilians against 2 guys, one with a machete or meat cleaver and a large knife, and another with a knife and a hand gun who had just ran over then butchered a bloke in front of them... I'm sure you would have been the big hero and stopped them both though.

• Like 7

Seriously..? They were unarmed civilians against 2 guys, one with a machete or meat cleaver and a large knife, and another with a knife and a hand gun who had just ran over then butchered a bloke in front of them... I'm sure you would have been the big hero and stopped them both though.

Rocks chairs garbage cans black belts guts spines anything. Where are those soccer hooligan mobs I always see in movies?

• Like 3

my country is going in the worse time ever it has been

and you have no idea how much it turns out people who " talk big " are often the first ones to cower away in the dangerous moments

seen in .. and seeing it everyday

Edited by Knight Of Shadows
  • Like 5

I think this murder will have a greater impact then more devastating terrorist attacks. Because there was only one victim, we will soon know all about this soldiers life, his aspirations, even what he was thinking while walking about before the unimaginable happened.

I looked up this famous/infamous quote to see if originated from someone else, alas there was only one source as I feared.

"One death is a tragedy, one million deaths is a statistic." -- Joseph Stalin

• Like 5

At the risk of being called a "murderer sympathiser" :whistle:

People are actually surprised this happened? Does nobody actually understand what is going on in the world right now? Or do they just happily swallow the crap the media tells them to swallow? The military has done much worse to civilians in all these wars and nobody is crying over that. Sad incident to happen but to think we don't do even worse...so freaking gullible.

Some of the racist stuff I've seen (not necessarily here) since this incident is disgusting.

what garbage.

but nice way to whip up a war...if it's okay for one side then it's fine for the other...the muslim yesterday attacked a british soldier because he had a problem with the british armed forces...ergo it's okay to attack random muslims if someone has a problem with islam??

oh - and we're all over the world fighting yeah?? in afghanistan fighting the fascist taliban....you say that cause is not just?? let's have it right...

Rocks chairs garbage cans black belts guts spines anything. Where are those soccer hooligan mobs I always see in movies?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329290/Woolwich-attack-More-100-English-Defence-League-supporters-gather-near-scene-killing.html

doesn't tell the full story...there were lots of other little groups of locals there than just the EDL but the media likes to pigeonhole...

Luckily the families of the women and children our foreign policy makers murder do not also have jets and drones to attack us as we do them. If we did there would be more destruction in this world. The outrage any of us could feel over this incident should be compared to the outrage they feel. Without being able to complete that exercise we will rightfully be seen as selfish and clueless to the overall broader geopolitical situation. Only by understanding that could we secure a more stable world. The peace we desire for ours will never be achieved until we desire the same peace for all.

more moronic bull****.

• Like 1

LBA, you want equality?

that's brillaint. the people you want to be equal with us? hate us because we don't believe the same thing they do. not because o the drones, o the invasions because we're not their flavour of Islam. Be equal with that technologically and we'd be dead in the streets because they don't eant to be our friends, they want us to be them, if we're not we're th enemy.

• Like 4

I believe the New Nixon is correct; I'm thinking Nigeria, not Mali; there is a brutal civil war in Nigeria--a former Brit colony--and the killer was obviously p***ed in the "Name of Allah."

This barbaric and reprehensible behavior will continue until we are through with the Second Dark Ages--which have only begun. Put on your seatbelts.

No. Nothing to do with Nigeria. You can watch his rant in perfect South London dialect. There is nothing Nigerian about it. When he talks about "our lands" he is talking about Dar-al Islam --- the islamic world.

In his rant, he perfectly parrots the radical islamist rethoric which is tought by fundamentalist muslim clerics, including in the UK, and so eagerly believed by such large portions of the muslim world, as one poll after the other shows.

You can bet your behind that he was radicalized right there in the UK, just like the 7/7 jihadis.

This is home-grown islamic terrorism for you, and with current policies in place in the UK and other European countries, it will only increase.

• Like 2

Equality is that countries now belong to everyone who lives there, natives and immigrants who in time will become natives too.

Nationalism caused the horrors of the past wars including concentration camps.

Open borders is the future of a stable and secure world.

Cowards hide behind masks like the EDL.

• Like 1

oh - and we're all over the world fighting yeah?? in afghanistan fighting the fascist taliban....you say that cause is not just?? let's have it right...

That is what your government tells you and arguably actually believes. In reality, you are sacrificing your soldiers in order to protect a Shariah regime from an (arguably even worse) Shariah insurgency.

The islamic narrative, meanwhile, is that your government is "fighting muslims in muslim lands", which is of course what this simpleton believes, like so many of his co-believers.

Equality is that countries now belong to everyone who lives there, natives and immigrants who in time will become natives too.

Nationalism caused the horrors of the past wars including concentration camps.

Open borders is the future of a stable and secure world.

Cowards hide behind masks like the EDL.

That comment is so confused and bizarre, I don´t even want to start disecting it. Sheesh!

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

That is what your government tells you and arguably actually believes. In reality, you are sacrificing your soldiers in order to protect a Shariah regime from an (arguably even worse) Shariah insurgency.

The islamic narrative, meanwhile, is that your government is "fighting muslims in muslim lands", which is of course what this simpleton believes, like so many of his co-believers.

Don't forget about the bankers who make profit when any war happens and any country is destabilized. Countries and factions have to borrow, go into debt, to fund wars, and bankers make money off both ends.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

Don't forget about the bankers who make profit when any war happens and any country is destabilized. Countries and factions have to borrow, go into debt, to fund wars, and bankers make money off both ends.

I am quite aware of the bankers, but what the heck do they have to do with this young jihadi committing a murder for his religion?

• Like 1

I am quite aware of the bankers, but what the heck do they have to do with this young jihadi committing a murder for his religion?

While uneducated EDL thugs and Islamic jihadist brujaja or drink brews or whatever they do while spewing, it is bankers who make money in the wars causing this tension, in the shifting of jobs away from one country to another, in sucking them out of one country causing immigration to begin with, or resentment to continue.

Education and jobs will stop the madness and the lower class trash way of thinking. Nothing wrong with being poor but is with being trashy.

Taking the side of a jihadist or a nativist, both intolerant and uneducated, it is like taking sides between street gangs. Ordinary folk want nothing to do with neither, here in our countries in the West, or in those countries in the Middle East or Africa. Most people are not extremists, quit supporting them.

Sailing along on the "good ship LollyPop" are we? These men BEHEADED an innocent man just because he wore the uniform of his country. I'm not even British and I find your statements disgusting. I will not argue with your ilk over this kind of situation but I will say THIS..... I hope you get EVERYTHING you have coming in the future due to your attitudes and stances. A day may well come when the EDL will no longer be considered radical or marginal as they are now. AFAIC a man or woman who has no loyalty to blood and country is useless to everyone - even those he supports. Did it ever occur to you that we did not START this little soire'? No, I'm sure it didn't because you blame everyone except those who do the killing. DONE with you and your silliness.

We did start this little soire. The west, and particularly Britain, has been involved in colonial wars of occupation for well over two centuries. The atrocities are two numerous to mention, the civilian death toll to large to count.

Chickens do come home to roost.

Br Cornelius

This incident truly makes me fear for Britain. If the public opinion has reached a point where no organized group will stand and defend the rights of non-muslims and the only people who will are considered fascists (EDL) then you are doomed. The immigrants will keep coming and eventually they will take away one of the greatest nations EVER to exist in the world....with the vote. A soldier of your nation was BEHEADED on a city street in broad daylight with onlookers. Yet he died ALONE. Ponder that a moment - forget the politics for a bit...just imagine what comes next. We in the western world have become so PC that we seem willing to actually betray our own right to survive. That is insanity imo.

• Like 4

We did start this little soire. The west, and particularly Britain, has been involved in colonial wars of occupation for well over two centuries. The atrocities are two numerous to mention, the civilian death toll to large to count.

Chickens do come home to roost.

Br Cornelius

If you allow soldiers to defend you and those you love then you, also are complicit.
  • Like 1