Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crytoterrestrial hypothesis

athinghost

Anyone familiar with the crytoterrestrial hypothesis proposed by the late writer Mac Tonnies?

His hypothesis sets out that rather than the ufo's and alien abductions being explained by the Extra terrestrial hypothesis there is an alternative theory which he suggests that the beings we suppose are aliens are in fact indigenous to Earth but have remained deliberately hidden and also possibly possess a superior technology or advanced mental powers which has allowed them to go mostly unseen by the majority of the human race. His book the crytoterrestrials says that these humanoid beings have deceived humanity into thinking their suspected presence is the work of extra terrestrials. The theory also states that the cryptoterrestrials are responsible for some of the ufo and alien sightings and going further back beings from myths and legends.

http://en.wikipedia....rial_hypothesis

I was really inspired by this theory as it seems like a fascinating slant on the accepted ufo pheonmeoma and ETI scenario so perhaps the origins of aliens are a lot closer to home than we think?

Edited by cryptoterrestrial
  • Like 1

Interesting topic.

They must be allies with Bigfoot... :unsure2:

• Like 1

Interesting, but evolution does not support that theory...

It's a cool theory in that it's in the middle of the dull military explanations and the fascinating extraterrestrial claims. It's a fun parallel history of an underground (in more ways than one?) civilization that takes us back to the days of Jules Verne. Maybe it explains the sightings of airships in the late 1800s, as well as the sightings of air/space craft that seems to be ahead of our current military technology. Of course, it could be just independent secret research projects with no governmental links that control how they take shape.

I think it's just a bad rip of from Jaques Vallee's Passport to Magonia?

With absolutely no evidence to support it, I just see it as more science fiction.

I think this one is even less possible than the ETH.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

I think this one is even less possible than the ETH.

I think its plain stupid.

At least name a Hamburger after it ! "Jezzzze" :tu: