Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gardeners should 'make friends' with snails

Still Waters

A grandmother and award-winning scientist has urged fellow gardeners to “make friends” with the snails in their garden rather than killing the “destructive blighters”.

http://www.telegraph...ith-snails.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• Still Waters

• rashore

• Euphorbia

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never come across a peacefull snail in my gardent.. They destroy anything and everything here.

Snails and slugs.. horrible little things. :gun:

Don't really get snails in my garden, so I'm happy to be friendly with them :) We got slugs, and I feel free to not be friendly with them.

I have over a thousand exotic succulent plants in my backyard from around the world. Snails will never be friendly in my book. I have seen them destroy some expensive plants that are very hard to find.

I will continue to throw them in my green waste can when I find them.

I have over a thousand exotic succulent plants in my backyard from around the world. Snails will never be friendly in my book. I have seen them destroy some expensive plants that are very hard to find.

I will continue to throw them in my green waste can when I find them.

I would love to see some photo's of your garden!!! Sounds magical.

I like snails and I don't find them a problem at all, I think its a sign of a healthy garden. Other things like to eat them so I don't agree with poisoning them. This morning I have an ibis walking around and I guess he might like them, so if there were no snails then he might not be here(and I like the ibis).

Anyway I like how at the end of the article she says how snails taught her to slow down and see the world differently. That's how I look at them too. I find them calming and I think they are kinda cute.

post-33493-0-19654900-1369360473_thumb.j