Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Channeling Your Higher Self

stevemagegod

Does any one have any tips on how to channel your Higher Self? I seem to be able to get into better contact with my Higher Self when i am worried about Grades. :whistle: Like how was Edgar Cayce able to channel his higher self?

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

Google is your friend with this request I think. but there's lots of others here that might have some pointers.

I've contacted my higher self only twice with intention, every other contact has been something of a surprise visit to impart some wisdom that makes me think, or to direct my actions, or to tell me off..

The trick, I think, it to "know thy self".. And that's a lot harder than it sounds.

• Like 3

Does any one have any tips on how to channel your Higher Self? I seem to be able to get into better contact with my Higher Self when i am worried about Grades. :whistle: Like how was Edgar Cayce able to channel his higher self?

T has it right on the money. Personally I know I'm changing all the time, so to fully 1000% knowing yourself can be difficult, but then again I'm discovering something new each day :). A higher self to me means a positive mindset towards any obstacles and trials in my life. Although there is a higher consiousness that we are all already tapped into, we really don't have to try to tap into it. I can go on and on about it, but my best advice is to meditate on quietness. Research never hurts either ;)

• Like 2

Google is your friend with this request I think. but there's lots of others here that might have some pointers.

I've contacted my higher self only twice with intention, every other contact has been something of a surprise visit to impart some wisdom that makes me think, or to direct my actions, or to tell me off..

The trick, I think, it to "know thy self".. And that's a lot harder than it sounds.

While I agree with what you said..I have a bit of a different perspecive on all of that higher self biz.

Because we have discussed ego and such before you pretty much already know where I am coming from, but here goes:

There isn't really a 'higher' self. There is Self...and then there is the 'lower' self. As the good doctor mentioned, it is difficult to 'know one's self'...primarily because 'knowing one's own self' is actually knowing (and understanding) what one is Not. We are not who we think we are. We are pure. We are Enlightened. We are...I Am. We Are and that is all. Everything else, any description, any definition of Us is placed on us from birth by other people...and then we begin asking that...Who am I? question and we begin placing more defintions on us.

So....if one wishes to reach the Higher Self...what is necessary is to disengage the Lower Self...that isn't easy...that involves walking away from our definition.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

I think that pure, unadulterated intent is the gateway to that park of contact. I struggle myself with keeping that intent around. I get inspired at wanting to know myself, then it fades away to the past as new moments arrive. It really bothers me. A lot.

• Like 1

Google is your friend with this request I think.

The thing is though, i was actually doing a lot of Googling on this subject prior but couldn't really find anything good to read. So thats why i started this topic.

The thing is though, i was actually doing a lot of Googling on this subject prior but couldn't really find anything good to read. So thats why i started this topic.

Hi Steve,

All my web sites focus on that goal. Check out my profile link if you are curious.

Most spiritual teachers see the higher self relationship as central for personal well being. I see our self expression as a human in a some what more expansive nature. It does all start with the higher self, yes, but there is more within the self to embrace.

I hope what I present will be useful to you.

John

• Like 3

Yep.. Have visited John's site.. :tu: Step 1 is similar to what I did to make initial contact, took a few weeks trying for me though. I haven't taken it much further yet. But since initial contact my higher self has been more present in my life, kind of closer to the surface, helpful, guiding, sometimes offering thought inspiring wisdom that I could never come up with on my own.

Edited by Professor T

Meditate a lot, talk to your higher self, seek always positivity and love and change. For me my higher self communicates in many many different ways. Pay attention to everything I think the spirit is communicating ALL the time but we just have to be mindful to listen. We can receive picture and symbol messages and also confirmation from the natural world with synchronic events and of course dreams. I write a lot and get messages from my writing and drawing. I believe prayer walks were very instrumental in opening me up to the spirit, this is where I walk, meditate and pray sometimes even sing to god or in the spirit. I get visions of myself, my little and my big self and my interactions between them, the people of the world, the universe and also nature. Its always something new and displayed in totally different ways.

• Like 2

Edgar Cayce was a folk healer too. Same with Nostradamus and Biddy Early. They all made predictions as well. They were naturally gifted and did not have to train or learn from anyone. Their gifts were innate.

Of course you can discover techniques that work for you and even learn a few from others. Just do not expect to be any of them (Cayce, Early, etc...)Those are special roles the Universe chooses a few for when most needed.

We all have a gift we just have to find it and we can help others. They had many gifts. With many people having access to doctors now the world is not making new folk healers around these parts. We live in a time when the average person has the most access to the world's information than ever before. That too allows for many to be helped, improve, and lead healthy lives.

Help is still needed from each other which is why we should find our gifts. Many are mundane and you will help others without even telling them or showing off your gift.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1