Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HTC ONE vs Galaxy S 4

Simbi Laveau

Me, too! Once the package is open, we can't touch the product if it is faulty (except iphones) because Apple will not reimburse us for faulty products. They want to deal with them.

And now, after the HUGE success of the Samsung Galaxy Ace II x, they are bringing out iphone minis. Should be interesting to see how those go over.

Apple have enough money as it is!

It is great to see Samsung doing well against Apple.

I am not holding my breath for the minis ... the telcos here have a package plan for choices of apple to samsung and samsung success is ten to one ... conservatively speaking ... because we don't count the non satisfaction 30 days return policy ...

but the iPads are doing well here still ... the kids love them ... well since they are not the ones paying ... :lol:

~

• Like 1

I am not holding my breath for the minis ... the telcos here have a package plan for choices of apple to samsung and samsung success is ten to one ... conservatively speaking ... because we don't count the non satisfaction 30 days return policy ...

but the iPads are doing well here still ... the kids love them ... well since they are not the ones paying ... :lol:

~

I think the minis are a desperate move by a desperate company. But, that is just my opinion. Lol.

• Like 2

I think the minis are a desperate move by a desperate company. But, that is just my opinion. Lol.

now that you mention it ... I don't believe I've seen one off the shelf .... at least I don't see any of my friends or people I've met using one ... never occur to me before

ahhh ... how far the rot has come .... :lol:

~

• Like 2

now that you mention it ... I don't believe I've seen one off the shelf .... at least I don't see any of my friends or people I've met using one ... never occur to me before

ahhh ... how far the rot has come .... :lol:

~

I haven't even heard of them until they were mentioned here.

Apple make things bigger or smaller and call it innovation. Or just use their marketing ability to claim "I'm first" on something that already existed long before. Face palmed at their presentation at the WorldWide Developers Conference.

• Like 1

I haven't even heard of them until they were mentioned here.

Apple make things bigger or smaller and call it innovation. Or just use their marketing ability to claim "I'm first" on something that already existed long before. Face palmed at their presentation at the WorldWide Developers Conference.

It's kinda the same tactic IBM used to have isn't it ?

'clones' or whats the term they use .... apple like devices ? :lol:

Over here in the east we have been using the 'touch' interface for chinese characters input way back even before mobile phones were 16k colors I believe

:face palm: is right ... :lol:

~

• Like 1

10605_579432505456159_1442656362_n.jpg

hmmmm .... a word please Mr Gates //

548448_393644270701651_1733883074_n.jpg

uhmmm ... yeah I guess so ...

~

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my new S4... I love this thing. I may be a bit biased though considering that I upgraded from the original Motorola Droid to this. That's kinda like going from from an old 386 processor to an i7 processor. ;-)

• Like 2

I finally got my new S4... I love this thing. I may be a bit biased though considering that I upgraded from the original Motorola Droid to this. That's kinda like going from from an old 386 processor to an i7 processor. ;-)

nahhhh ... even i7s ' inside ' are not immune ....

6457_578033418929401_1103311497_n.jpg

`

• Like 1

has anyone got any thoughts on Samsung's Galaxy S4 Zoom, which has a slightly different spec to the S4, a bit less processing power, screen is not 1080p but on the plus side it packs a 16Mp camera. for looks and style it looses style compared to the S4, but what you gain is one of the best camera phones out there?. am about to get a new phone, i've always be a fan of substance over style and im in the market for a smartphone with a great camera. im not sure if the Zoom is it? hence why im asking on here to see if anyone else has a view on the phone and its abilities.

out next month July here in the UK.

Galaxy-S4-Zoom.png

samsung_galaxy_s4_zoom_hands-on_photos-550x364.jpg

DSC_8317.jpg

~snip

~IMAGE SNIP

not really suitable for everyday use ... battery issues and cumbersome ... from what I hear ... maybe its a Telco issue but the internet functions are said to be laggy / slow

for a tourist or traveling gadget it makes some sense ... one item short to lug around I guess ...

haven't had a chance to get a hands on feel yet so merely based on second info :)

`

• Like 1

I just upgrade to an S4 at the beginning of this month. I love it. It's faster than my laptop.

• Like 1

not really suitable for everyday use ... battery issues and cumbersome ... from what I hear ... maybe its a Telco issue but the internet functions are said to be laggy / slow

for a tourist or traveling gadget it makes some sense ... one item short to lug around I guess ...

haven't had a chance to get a hands on feel yet so merely based on second info :)

`

thanks for the feed back. :tu:

• Like 1

thanks for the feed back. :tu:

no worries ... :yes:

`

`

We have a Smart Camera by Samsung, but, haven't seen these phones yet. I have been forecasting the point and shoot cameras are going to be obsolete. The phones nowadays are able to take quality pictures and you don't need to download to a computer because your phone badically is one. You can just send the pics to your freinds and family from it.

• Like 2

Trust me stay clear of HTC, they don't have as good quality control in their factories as Samsung or Apple. Even rooting and modding them is a headache, I rooted my galaxy s3 and put a custom android 4.2.2 os on there from the XDA forums and it was very easy to do compared to the HTC. When I bought the galaxy s4, it was even easier to root and install a custom android OS. The only thing you gotta worry about on the Samsung Galaxy s4 is all of the bloat software that comes with it, that's why I installed the Slim Roms custom os based on Cyanogenmod. I just do not like Samsungs touchwiz interface. The slim rom will actually make your phone look bigger than other Galaxy s4 phones, everyone i show it to thinks it's bigger than other Galaxy s4's and I even lie and say (It's the special edition) the reason it looks much bigger than other S4's is due to Slim Rom's custom pixel density setting, it's pixel density is lowered by default to provide a sharp crisp and high quality experience. With a lowered pixel density on an already 1080p screen will give you a super high definition experience. The Galaxy s4 also has a bigger screen the the HTC One.

Here take a look at my screenshot and decide for yourself.

https://lh3.googleus...3-no/2013-06-29

With the custom android OS, battery life is super long like 2 days with average use compared to 1 day on stock system with bloat crap running in background.

Edited by ozman
  • Like 1

Trust me stay clear of HTC, they don't have as good quality control in their factories as Samsung or Apple. Even rooting and modding them is a headache, I rooted my galaxy s3 and put a custom android 4.2.2 os on there from the XDA forums and it was very easy to do compared to the HTC. When I bought the galaxy s4, it was even easier to root and install a custom android OS. The only thing you gotta worry about on the Samsung Galaxy s4 is all of the bloat software that comes with it, that's why I installed the Slim Roms custom os based on Cyanogenmod. I just do not like Samsungs touchwiz interface. The slim rom will actually make your phone look bigger than other Galaxy s4 phones, everyone i show it to thinks it's bigger than other Galaxy s4's and I even lie and say (It's the special edition) the reason it looks much bigger than other S4's is due to Slim Rom's custom pixel density setting, it's pixel density is lowered by default to provide a sharp crisp and high quality experience. With a lowered pixel density on an already 1080p screen will give you a super high definition experience. The Galaxy s4 also has a bigger screen the the HTC One.

Here take a look at my screenshot and decide for yourself.

https://lh3.googleus...3-no/2013-06-29

With the custom android OS, battery life is super long like 2 days with average use compared to 1 day on stock system with bloat crap running in background.

Be careful with changing ROMs, it voids the warranty. I have talkef to people who will still change them, but have seen a warranty voided eventhough it had nothing to do with the physical damage that should have been covered by the extended coverage.

• Like 2

Be careful with changing ROMs, it voids the warranty. I have talkef to people who will still change them, but have seen a warranty voided eventhough it had nothing to do with the physical damage that should have been covered by the extended coverage.

Actually there is a way to flash without resetting flash counters, some custom roms have this capability but Simbi won't need a custom rom because both of these phones have the Google Edition versions he can buy so if he buys HTc One google edition or galaxy s4 google edition they will both come with pure aosp code just like the nexus.

Also simbi forgot to mention one more thing in deciding factor, although the HTC One may have good speakers and all that, you really have the take into consideration the history that HTC has with overheating phones, just google "HTC One overheating" and you will understand what I am talking about, htc doesn't have as good as a quality control as Samsung.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK guys ,I'm on the precipice .

My upgrade is tomorrow.

With upgrade ,at radio shack ,HTC ONE is 150$ .

Galaxy S4 is 199$.

I've looked at videos,reviews ,specs ,and I'm still slightly torn .

Money is an issue right now too,so cheaper is better .

The HTC ONE is still all about the speakers for me ,for the galaxy has a language translator ,its volume is almost the same as the HTC ONE.

I watched a video that showed HTC ONE at 77 decibels,and the galaxy at 72 decibels.

However ,there is an non Samsung blue tooth keyboard case.

You can add a slide out keyboard . I found it for 40$ .

That's a selling point for me .

I also want to root it ,so I cannot be hacked.

Any thoughts on any of this ?

I know rooting voids the warranty ,but I'm so tired of being hacked .

Can rooting be done without a computer ? As I have no computer .This is why I need a smart phone .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Actually there is a way to flash without resetting flash counters, some custom roms have this capability but Simbi won't need a custom rom because both of these phones have the Google Edition versions he can buy so if he buys HTc One google edition or galaxy s4 google edition they will both come with pure aosp code just like the nexus.

I want to root the phone .

I'm sick of being hacked .And just by the by ,I'm a she ,not a he ... ^_^

has anyone got any thoughts on Samsung's Galaxy S4 Zoom, which has a slightly different spec to the S4, a bit less processing power, screen is not 1080p but on the plus side it packs a 16Mp camera. for looks and style it looses style compared to the S4, but what you gain is one of the best camera phones out there?. am about to get a new phone, i've always be a fan of substance over style and im in the market for a smartphone with a great camera. im not sure if the Zoom is it? hence why im asking on here to see if anyone else has a view on the phone and its abilities.

Galaxy-S4-Zoom.png

samsung_galaxy_s4_zoom_hands-on_photos-550x364.jpg

DSC_8317.jpg

That's not available here in the USA,but AT&T is getting the galaxy s4 waterproof version .

It's waterproof up to a few meters I think.

Thing is ,theyve had waterproof phones in Japan for a few years now.

No idea why they don't just let us have this stuff now.

Also simbi forgot to mention one more thing in deciding factor, although the HTC One may have good speakers and all that, you really have the take into consideration the history that HTC has with overheating phones, just google "HTC One overheating" and you will understand what I am talking about, htc doesn't have as good as a quality control as Samsung.

Since I play a lot of games,and watch movies a lot,the overheating is bad .

One person reported a phone that went up to 55degrees . The back is all metal . So HTC heated up as it was,with a metal back ,the heat is now conducted .

That sort of made my decision for me.

That's too hot for sure .

OK guys ,I'm on the precipice .

My upgrade is tomorrow.

With upgrade ,at radio shack ,HTC ONE is 150$ .

Galaxy S4 is 199$.

I've looked at videos,reviews ,specs ,and I'm still slightly torn .

Money is an issue right now too,so cheaper is better .

The HTC ONE is still all about the speakers for me ,for the galaxy has a language translator ,its volume is almost the same as the HTC ONE.

I watched a video that showed HTC ONE at 77 decibels,and the galaxy at 72 decibels.

However ,there is an non Samsung blue tooth keyboard case.

You can add a slide out keyboard . I found it for 40$ .

That's a selling point for me .

I also want to root it ,so I cannot be hacked.

Any thoughts on any of this ?

I know rooting voids the warranty ,but I'm so tired of being hacked .

Can rooting be done without a computer ? As I have no computer .This is why I need a smart phone .

Wow. Over here the s4 costs $748 outright. With 1 USD = 1.11 AUD at the moment. We are getting fleece hard.