Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluoridating our Drinking Water

Yamato

I would have liked to see him ask the five princes on their high chairs if they had any Fluoride-related questions or concerns at the end, but other than that, this young man made a fine presentation that I wanted to share with the UM community.

• Like 7

just watched tons of Adam vs Man videos cause of you. Never heard of him tell now but he is sweet :tsu:

• Like 2

Fluoride should clearly be used on our teeth with a brush and spit out. It's not a good idea to put it in our bodies. I wish I could drink more tap water than I'm willing to drink because it has more minerals in it like magnesium and calcium.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

5 stars for the young man's fluoride reality presentation and to Yamato for posting his action at the city meeting.

2015 Paul Connett PhD thinks this is the year to end unnecessary fluoridation for strong teeth via a trillion human cells!

CHALLENGING THE PRO-FLUORIDATION MANTRA, part 2.

Introduction.

Promoters of fluoridation repeat ad nauseam the mantra that fluoridation is “safe”, “effective” and “cost effective.” In part 2 I discuss the 6 KEY PAPERS that challenge the mantra of fluoridation’s “safety.” Or to be more precise – since there is no question that fluoride is very toxic and damages health – we will demonstrate that there is no adequate margin of safety to protect all citizens drinking artificially fluoridated water (and getting fluoride from other sources) from known health effects.

STUDIES ON THE TOXICITY OF FLUORIDE AND SAFETY OF FLUORIDATION

I hope this spooky article of great length is here, but have a look anyway. It's an eye opener to the closed eyes leadership of city and small town America where the drinking water is fluoridated for strong teeth! :nw:

http://www.info@fluoridealert.org

Thanks for liking this addition to Yamato's good post!

MK

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 4

There is some splainin to do on this issue!

• Like 2

Fluoride should clearly be used on our teeth with a brush and spit out. It's not a good idea to put it in our bodies. I wish I could drink more tap water than I'm willing to drink because it has more minerals in it like magnesium and calcium.

Do you have any natural springs near you Yam?

The government here won't even put chlorine in the drinking water, I think influenced by a residue from French snobbery about taste and the same sorts of propaganda about its poisonous nature (far more than fluorine). As a result there are no public water fountains and anyone who can afford it drinks mineral water, but we remain exposed to water-borne diseases when we bathe (I use mineral water also for cooking and brushing my teeth).

The problem is most people here can't afford this. As a result infant mortality remains higher than it should be, and the elderly periodically die of some water born problem. Sometimes I really wonder about the human race's ability to be fooled by pseudo-science, especially if the real scientists say otherwise (anti-intellectualism I guess).

• Like 1

Something that can help prevent water born illnesses is not a bad thing to add to our drinking water,fluoride is not one of those things...

• Like 2

Home » Issue 25: August 2010

Agent Orange: US still attacking the people of Vietnam 35 years on

By Hamish Chitts

Despite the Vietnam War ending 35 years ago the US chemical bombardment of Vietnam is still claiming victims. More than 3 million Vietnamese have suffered the effects of Agent Orange — the nickname given to dioxin rich herbicides sprayed by the US military over large parts of central and southern Vietnam. The Vietnamese Red Cross estimates up to 3 million Vietnamese children and adults have suffered health problems related to Agent Orange exposure, and that there are a million victims in Vietnam today, many of them children born with serious deformities, as a result of their parents’ exposure to the chemical.

• Direct Action Link
  • VAORRC, Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign link

Agent Orange’s Long Legacy, for Vietnam and Veterans

MAY 11, 2014 NY Times link

However, two-thirds of these herbicides were contaminated with TCDD, a form of dioxin—a highly toxic substance linked to at least 15 classes of cancer and other medical conditions, as well as several birth defects. The toll on the Vietnamese may continue for generations, even though the dioxin contaminant may eventually be cleansed from the “hot spots” remaining in parts of southern Vietnam to this day.

• Agent Orange Record link

@Frank ... it ain't just propaganda ~

~

• Like 3

It's way past high time cites and towns in dumbed down America stop the insanity. The long article says it in black and white! I hope you all can find it somewhere on the Net.

Frank, I will tell my alike minded friends about your drinking water ills in Vietnam. Sheesh! :no:

:santa: Merry Christmas :santa: Ho! Ho! Ho!

Something that can help prevent water born illnesses is not a bad thing to add to our drinking water,fluoride is not one of those things...

Chlorine is a bad thing to add to the water. Just maybe not as bad as some of the water born illnesses.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Ive been speaking out against water fluoridation for years. The Nazi's and the Russians were the first ones to add it to water. Gave it to their POW's to drink to make them docile

• Like 2

Still seems so silly to me that in a "western" country, there are still quite a few where you can't even drink tapwater, US being one of those :/

• Like 1

Can`t resist.

• Like 1

Still seems so silly to me that in a "western" country, there are still quite a few where you can't even drink tapwater, US being one of those :/

I live in the USA, we drink our tap water here all the time, at least in my city we do. So if you come to Seattle, drink up. Although our water is fluoridated. if you want it without, you'll have to go to Portland Oregon. While you're there, ask people how often they see their dentist for fillings. It's a lot.

I was told that fluoride was originally an industrial waste product and a known toxin that some genius or geniuses found a way to get rid of AND make a tidy profit: convincing government that it was good for our teeth to the point that it they could dispose of it by putting it in our drinking water supply! Pure genius! Turn a toxic waste product that is expensive to deal with into a commodity and sell it to the whole nation as a necessity! Evil, but genius! And they have largely gotten away with it until fairly recently when this backlash started growing.

I am no chemist, but my understanding of fluoride is that you paint it on to the tooth surface and it bonds with enamel and makes teeth stronger. I'm not sure the effect is cumulative, a few applications is all that's needed. This could be done a one or more children's dental checkups and the compound would not become part of our steady diet.

I'm proud to say that my county does not fluoridate the drinking water.

You can get a high end RO/DI water filter that will remove almost every contaminate form water, but it's not cheap.

• Like 3

Bad teeth is due more to the current / modern dietary habits than flouride or no in the water ~

• Like 3

Ive been speaking out against water fluoridation for years. The Nazi's and the Russians were the first ones to add it to water. Gave it to their POW's to drink to make them docile

About as long as you've been known for spreading falsehoods.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2011/oct/06/critics-water-fluoridation/truth-about-fluoride-doesnt-include-nazi-myth/

• Like 1

I live in California. It is actually illegal to buy those high end filters here they only allow regular water filters that do not filter fluoride I've tried before

• Like 2

I live in California. It is actually illegal to buy those high end filters here they only allow regular water filters that do not filter fluoride I've tried before

Perhaps for drinking purposes, but I'll bet they are available for the Marine Aquarium industry. Maybe you should set of a fish tank!

• Like 1

I was told that fluoride was originally an industrial waste product and a known toxin that some genius or geniuses found a way to get rid of AND make a tidy profit: convincing government that it was good for our teeth to the point that it they could dispose of it by putting it in our drinking water supply! Pure genius! Turn a toxic waste product that is expensive to deal with into a commodity and sell it to the whole nation as a necessity! Evil, but genius! And they have largely gotten away with it until fairly recently when this backlash started growing.

I am no chemist, but my understanding of fluoride is that you paint it on to the tooth surface and it bonds with enamel and makes teeth stronger. I'm not sure the effect is cumulative, a few applications is all that's needed. This could be done a one or more children's dental checkups and the compound would not become part of our steady diet.

I'm proud to say that my county does not fluoridate the drinking water.

You can get a high end RO/DI water filter that will remove almost every contaminate form water, but it's not cheap.

A toxic waste industrial product? Well ****...considering that the average lifespan increases every year, they need to find out what miracle drug is counteracting the toxic waste we are ingesting EVERY SINGLE DAY!

• Like 3

About as long as you've been known for spreading falsehoods.

http://www.politifac...lude-nazi-myth/

Either way both bad "parties" could have failed, on purpose, to document "everything" on the "dark SSide"! Think of the possibilities.

Hell was too comphy for both!

A toxic waste industrial product? Well ****...considering that the average lifespan increases every year, they need to find out what miracle drug is counteracting the toxic waste we are ingesting EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Hate to tell you, but there are toxic chemicals in most municipal water supplies, including lead, arsenic and so forth. Some are just inherent in the ground water and the plumbing and are often at very low levels. A huge does will kill you, a lesser does will make you sick, sometimes chronically, and at some concentrations they are "safe" for consumption. But just because a certain level of a chemical is not causing immediate noticeable health problems does not mean that it is good for you. And just because there may be natural toxic substance in water at some level, why and more/new ones? Some chemicals are cumulative, it takes years for damage from low doses to show up. Perhaps if we removed all known and suspected toxins, as much as is possible, we would live even longer.

And BTW, the gentleman in the video said a Harvard Study found fluorine to be harmful to the brain. Seems like a big risk for a questionable reward.

• Like 3

and that is but a tip of the iceberg ~

Drugs in the Water

Story and photo by Leah Eisenstadt

Water quality experts and environmental toxicologists have steadily become more concerned about drugs in our waters since their discovery more than 25 years ago. In 1976 and 1977, U.S. researchers found clofibric acid, a cholesterol-lowering medication, in addition to nicotine, caffeine, and ibuprofen in samples of water from a sewage treatment plant in Kansas City. The issue was virtually forgotten until the early 1990s, when environmental scientists in Germany found clofibric acid, lipid regulators, and painkillers in groundwater beneath a sewage treatment plant. These findings sparked new attempts to measure pharmaceuticals in the water, which became possible with the advent of new testing equipment. In the past decade, researchers in Europe and Canada have found substances like antibiotics, blood pressure reducers, hormones, psychiatric drugs, and pain killers in treated water leaving sewage plants and in the rivers, streams, and lakes that many of the plants empty into.

Pharmaceuticals, Hormones, and Other Organic Wastewater Contaminants in U.S. Streams

USGS Fact Sheet FS-027-02 (PDF [372k])

June 2002

A recent study by the Toxic Substances Hydrology Program of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) shows that a broad range of chemicals found in residential, industrial, and agricultural wastewaters commonly occurs in mixtures at low concentrations downstream from areas of intense urbanization and animal production. The chemicals include human and veterinary drugs (including antibiotics), natural and synthetic hormones, detergent metabolites, plasticizers, insecticides, and fire retardants. One or more of these chemicals were found in 80 percent of the streams sampled. Half of the streams contained 7 or more of these chemicals, and about one-third of the streams contained 10 or more of these chemicals. This study is the first national-scale examination of these organic wastewater contaminants in streams and supports the USGS mission to assess the quantity and quality of the Nation's water resources. A more complete analysis of these and other emerging water-quality issues is ongoing.

~

• Like 4

Either way both bad "parties" could have failed, on purpose, to document "everything" on the "dark SSide"! Think of the possibilities.

Hell was too comphy for both!

What about this possibility; your confirmation bias drives you to make things up.

Do you have any natural springs near you Yam?

Yes quite a bit.

While I still feel exactly the same about the OP, I'm actually withholding my judgment on whether anything should be added, or how much should be filtered out, of our water. Natural spring water always has crap in it. If they don't filter it out, they'll add it in. The counterargument would be, and I don't know if it's a losing argument, that Fluoridation of our drinking water was a major move to turn the tide in the battle against tooth decay and if I'm going to worry about brain damage, jamming Mercury fillings into my gums is close to the last thing I want to do. Not to mention that tooth decay is bad for the heart. In the interest of longer life and better health, there's a big tradeoff here I'm afraid. And everything in the OP could still be 100% true.

• Like 2