Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluoridating our Drinking Water

Yamato

Right. This public service announcement is brought to you by people who make a lot of money putting poison in your water.

While preacherman76 poisons your brain for free.

If the Harvard study cited is true, that could explain many things regarding the public's ability to analyze things, and if it's true the pineal gland can be calcified by sodium fluoride, it's no wonder we are so unperceptive. We are about 3 or 4 generations in now, for those with chronic exposure to the chemical. :cry:

• Like 2

What about this possibility; your confirmation bias drives you to make things up.

Try as you might, have a nice day, since nice days under the nazi and commie rule were nearly impossible in those days. My point you did not see was if lies were told over and over, well I hope you know the rest of the story.

• Like 1

Try as you might, have a nice day, since nice days under the nazi and commie rule were nearly impossible in those days. My point you did not see was if lies were told over and over, well I hope you know the rest of the story.

Your first sentence makes absolutely no sense. It seems you've missed my point, what makes your baseless conjure any more than another lie? Edited by Rlyeh

If the Harvard study cited is true, that could explain many things regarding the public's ability to analyze things, and if it's true the pineal gland can be calcified by sodium fluoride, it's no wonder we are so unperceptive. We are about 3 or 4 generations in now, for those with chronic exposure to the chemical. :cry:

that study ignores that not every person in usa is unperceptive. i think being unperceptive may be due to many reasons at once. not just floride alone. chamicals in water, food, water that our food drinks, chemicals in plants we eat and our food eats... but saying fluoraide alone is responcible, idk, not to mention, every study requires control sample, but i doubt we can find a single person in usa that is not affected by chemicals in some way.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Your first sentence makes absolutely no sense. It seems you've missed my point, what makes your baseless conjure any more than another lie?

My sentence making sense is to be determined by more visiting guests and UM members. Another "making sense" issue in Yamato's OP makes it point on why U.S. politicians are still fluoridating our tap water for "strong teeth". I asked our town board the same thing three years ago.

Before an alert UM Moderator says hello, have a nice day.

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

Perhaps for drinking purposes, but I'll bet they are available for the Marine Aquarium industry. Maybe you should set of a fish tank!

Really? Land of the free my ***. That's down right tyrannical.

While preacherman76 poisons your brain for free.

You, and folks like yourself, are so laughably predictable. You cant ever just talk about a subject without personally attacking those you disagree with. Its really pathetic when you think about it.

• Like 2

that study ignores that not every person in usa is unperceptive. i think being unperceptive may be due to many reasons at once. not just floride alone. chamicals in water, food, water that our food drinks, chemicals in plants we eat and our food eats... but saying fluoraide alone is responcible, idk, not to mention, every study requires control sample, but i doubt we can find a single person in usa that is not affected by chemicals in some way.

The study does say there are other factors involved.

• Like 1

If your mega city or tiny town's drinking water is fluoridated, by politicians, for strong teeth, did you say Merry Christmas to your "third eye", your pineal gland? The young man in Yamato's first contribution mentions the pineal gland among other human body parts vs sodium fluoride found at too many American water treatment plants.

This was posted on Christmas Day.....Fluoride - calcifier of the soul

http://beforeitsnews...-2-3082596.html

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 4

If your mega city or tiny town's drinking water is fluoridated, by politicians, for strong teeth, did you say Merry Christmas to your "third eye", your pineal gland? The young man in Yamato's first contribution mentions the pineal gland among other human body parts vs sodium fluoride found at too many American water treatment plants.

This was posted on Christmas Day.....Fluoride - calcifier of the soul

http://beforeitsnews...-2-3082596.html

As I usually do, before I read an article I do a little research regarding the author. In this case 'Sayer Ji'. Before I got to end of my Google search a suggestion popped up, as they usually do, in this case it suggested "sayer ji quack". That's not good.

Apparently his highest level of education is a BA in philosophy. Apparently his job is a "consultant for the natural products industry". So he gets paid to bad-mouth mainstream medicine.

• Like 1

fluoridebag.jpg

What could possibly go wrong drinking this?

Someone should have taken a chemistry class, huh? By your logic, you should probably stay away from salt as well.

• Like 1

Difference Between Salt and Sodium in Sodium Chloride

Technically salt can be any ionic compound formed by reacting an acid and a base, but most of the time the word is used to refer to table salt, which is sodium chloride or NaCl. So, you know salt contains sodium, but the two chemicals aren't the same thing.

What Is Sodium?

Sodium is a chemical element . It is very reactive, so it isn't found free in nature. In fact, it undergoes spontaneous combustion in water, so while sodium is essential for human nutrition, you wouldn't want to eat pure sodium!

By Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.

Chemistry Expert

• chemistry about link

~

• Like 2

And BTW, the gentleman in the video said a Harvard Study found fluorine to be harmful to the brain. Seems like a big risk for a questionable reward.

In the study, which was, by the way, a "meta" study, meaning it was an examination of a bunch of other studies and did not involve any new, Harvard-generated results, the authors clearly state that the amount of fluoride in drinking water that results from fluoridation (as opposed to naturally occurring fluorides) was too small for them to draw any conclusions from:

Opportunities for epidemiological studies depend on the existence of comparable population groups exposed to different levels of fluoride from drinking water. Such circumstances are difficult to find in many industrialized countries, because fluoride concentrations in community water are usually no higher than 1 mg/L, even when fluoride is added to water supplies as a public health measure to reduce tooth decay. Multiple epidemiological studies of developmental fluoride neurotoxicity were conducted in China because of the high fluoride concentrations that are substantially above 1 mg/L in well water in many rural communities, although microbiologically safe water has been accessible to many rural households as a result of the recent 5-year plan (2001–2005) by the Chinese government.

Link

In other words, nothing groundbreaking here, though the vid in the OP makes it sound like shocking news.

In China, there are many localities that have natural occurences of fluoride in the water at concentrations ten times (or even much more) higher than 1 ppm, which is the target concentration here for fluoridated water.

Also, i'd like to point out a seeming inconsistency in the above quote. Implied in the quote is that industrialized countries are unfit for this kind of study - either because there are no communities with fluoride ppms greater than 1 or because there's not a broad enough range of exposures (the study bases its findingas on "low exposure areas" vs. "high exposure" areas.) But, there are plenty of commuinities right here ijn the US that add no fluoride at all to the drinking water, and there are some that have high fluoride drinking water due to the natural state of their aquifers/sources.

Given that the study is based primarily on often shaky science conducted by politically manipulated scioentists - some of them working under Mao himself, it would seem that the young gentleman making the presentation is playing fast and loose with the facts.

It's possibl;e that fluoride might be the bogeyman the alarmists make it out to be, but this study doesn't show it. The study itself states that it is a first step, and what the study actually does show is that the topic deserves a closer look.

I am reminded of an old George Carlin bit from his fake newsman:

"Scientists announced today tha saliva causes stomach cancer, but only when swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time."

Lastly, all you snobbies looking down your nose at America for fluoridating water should read the ingredients in your salt. Most like it has been fluoridated.

Harte

• Like 3

I'm finding it somewhat amusing that after 3 posts a year and a half ago.. Now there's a couple pages of discussion on this subject in the last couple days.

Someone should have taken a chemistry class, huh? By your logic, you should probably stay away from salt as well.

Yeah, you should have chemistry class. Especially if you think consuming a toxic industrial waste is comparable to consuming table salt.

Salt is both toxic and an industrial waste as well.

Characterizations such as those are meaningless. That is, everything is toxic at some level.

Harte

Salt is both toxic and an industrial waste as well.

Characterizations such as those are meaningless. That is, everything is toxic at some level.

Harte

Salt is a word do describe many chemical compounds. Some of which are toxic or industrial waste, some of which are necessary to sustain life. Salt can be a natural mineral or otherwise organic that is not industrial waste at all.

A huge part of a problem when making an argument about salt is using the term salt. Salt can mean many things. From edible salts to toxic ones.

Within the argument of fluoridating water, even fluoride can be in many chemical combinations, of which sodium fluoride is one. And sodium fluoride is not the only fluoride salt.

Though it is true that anything can be toxic at some level. Water can be toxic. Oxygen can be toxic. Salt compounds that are necessary to function can be toxic. Fluoride, while not a necessity to life, can be beneficial in some perimeters, and toxic in others.

• Like 2

I'm finding it somewhat amusing that after 3 posts a year and a half ago.. Now there's a couple pages of discussion on this subject in the last couple days.

Most of us have been drinking the fluoride for three and a half more years. Not sure how that's amusing unless you don't take the health warnings seriously?

Addressing the choice in the OP again, I want water that's pure even though (like a perfect sphere) there's no such thing. But companies who bottle the stuff deciding how much of which salt they put in my water so it tastes better or is less acidic, I'm not interested. If it's spring water, it already tastes good, supposedly, right?. So I want to taste that water, not the calcium chloride water they put in plastic. I guess fluoridated drinking water helps the homeless poor the most, who are less likely to have dental checkups much less be able to afford and carry toothpaste and a toothbrush.

• Like 1

Most of us have been drinking the fluoride for three and a half more years. Not sure how that's amusing unless you don't take the health warnings seriously?

Addressing the choice in the OP again, I want water that's pure even though (like a perfect sphere) there's no such thing. But companies who bottle the stuff deciding how much of which salt they put in my water so it tastes better or is less acidic, I'm not interested. If it's spring water, it already tastes good, supposedly, right?. So I want to taste that water, not the calcium chloride water they put in plastic. I guess fluoridated drinking water helps the homeless poor the most, who are less likely to have dental checkups much less be able to afford and carry toothpaste and a toothbrush.

I was finding the oldness of the OP and how few responses it got at that time verses the renewal of it and how much it has been commented on since it's renewal amusing, not the subject matter itself.

I have found myself amused in other necrothreads for the same reason. Like what, now? Now it's something interesting to debate on when it wasn't when it was first introduced?

I've often enough seen a comment of "must have been a slow news day" about some subjects. When I see a necropost, I think "must be a slow topic day". And it amuses me.

Besides, since the May 2013 OP, there have been other threads introduced about fluoride, and those have come up, been debated, and died, and come back up too.

• Like 1

I was finding the oldness of the OP and how few responses it got at that time verses the renewal of it and how much it has been commented on since it's renewal amusing, not the subject matter itself.

I have found myself amused in other necrothreads for the same reason. Like what, now? Now it's something interesting to debate on when it wasn't when it was first introduced?

I've often enough seen a comment of "must have been a slow news day" about some subjects. When I see a necropost, I think "must be a slow topic day". And it amuses me.

Besides, since the May 2013 OP, there have been other threads introduced about fluoride, and those have come up, been debated, and died, and come back up too.

What were the results of the other debates? Any conclusions or consensus reached?

It's an important issue for MalariaKidd and he liked the OP presentation. He's got just a few hundred posts in over eight years. Probably not keeping up with daily discussions like you are/must.

• Like 1

As I usually do, before I read an article I do a little research regarding the author. In this case 'Sayer Ji'. Before I got to end of my Google search a suggestion popped up, as they usually do, in this case it suggested "sayer ji quack". That's not good.

Apparently his highest level of education is a BA in philosophy. Apparently his job is a "consultant for the natural products industry". So he gets paid to bad-mouth mainstream medicine.

Your post was interesting and his name was well researched. Most know the anti depression drug prozac contains fluoride/rat poison. That pineal gland "calcifying" article echoes many other articles against fluoride in H2O. More and more people these days are into alternative meds and very interested in the unknown long term health effects of consuming "unlabled" GMO foods, or drinking fluoride in their tap water. It's all about choice and many have no other alternative but to take "their" meds meant for insects and strong teeth?

Most new billion dollar super pills lack good results against many drug resistant viruses. The $$$ pill industry is loosing their battle with super bugs, etc. It seems like they're running out of bullets these days.

It is an interesting site despite his reputation bad mouthing mainstream medicine.....

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/

Global GMO Free Coalition: Sayer Ji is on the steering committee.....

http://www.gmofreeglobal.org/en/mission

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 2