Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fluoridating our Drinking Water

Yamato

Look at the pot calling the kettle black. First water from condensation is bad cause it will grow all kinds of bad crap if you leave it stagnant (Duh). Oh plus there might be metals in it from the condenser. But the pipes that bring you tap water wont hurt you at all right? My goodness.

Don't drink that fluoridated condensate! lol

Any given water could be superior or inferior to the water we drink ourselves. What does he know? Doesn't even know what's coming through his own taps. but he can abuse other posters for disagreeing with him!

You too, man. Sorry about the way you were treated earlier. You didn't deserve that.

• Like 1

People with decayed teeth are a burden to the government? Wow!

I guess people with halitosis and body odor are also burdens?

lol

That they even assume the burden in the first place as a basis of their opinion.

Yeah someone still needs to take me down that slippery slope so I can see what I'm missing. I haven't figured out the mechanism yet by which rotting teeth are the big expense for taxpayers to worry about. Maybe there's some historical basis for this belief back from the pre-fluoridation days, but I doubt it.

Fluoride metered into the drinking water WAS first used by stalin's commie minions to pacify captives in their cold and scary Siberian gulags. Then the nazis did the same thing

Has anyone since then answered definitively whether it works? Because if it does, who knew that "drinking the kool aid" was so literal? :D I'm curious how many ppm Fluoride was the Bolshevik and the Nazi water?

I know there's evidence of Sheeple all around us, I'm just not sure what's causing them. I'd blame the junkfood media before I'd blame the Fluoride but that's just a wild guess.

Has anyone since then answered definitively whether it works? Because if it does, who knew that "drinking the kool aid" was so literal? :D I'm curious how many ppm Fluoride was the Bolshevik and the Nazi water?

Pretty sure that little fairy tale was knocked out a couple of pages back. But it's such a nice confirmation of the evils of fluoride that I guess its veracity isn't important. That, or the fluoride is getting to everyone here.

:tu:

Also, in the spirit of things, I'll link to a couple things.

http://www.sciencein...ridationist.pdf

Lotta nice stuff in there. 10/10, would recommend, am recommending.

Edited by socrates.junior
  • Like 2

Pretty sure that little fairy tale was knocked out a couple of pages back. But it's such a nice confirmation of the evils of fluoride that I guess its veracity isn't important. That, or the fluoride is getting to everyone here.

Thank you for the link. What an informative read indeed...

Staying with Yamato's topic........

So is Prozac, and that might save your life for many days. Until you quit taking it cold turkey! Dr. Peter Breggin says antipsychotic drugs are prescribed in multiples to U.S. troops suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder! :blush:

Dr. Breggin also acts as a medical expert in criminal, malpractice and product liability cases. He has been involved in landmark cases on behalf of patient rights in regard to antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs. :td:

Fluoride metered into the drinking water WAS first used by stalin's commie minions to pacify captives in their cold and scary Siberian gulags. Then the natzis did the same thing in their horrible concentration camps! :devil:One would wonder what ppm was chosen to keep riots at bay.

Paul Connett Phd - the politics and science of water fluoridation

The Bizarre History of Fluoride - documentary pics

Fluoride is bad for you - A quick demo

From what I understand, you should never stop taking any Anti Depressants Prozac or any other type of Anti Depressant, suddenly, cold turkey without the consent and guidance of your practitioner.

Used properly and as prescribed these medicines, like all others, should in most cases, cause minor or no side effects whatsoever. However please remember that ALL medicines are poison, and most can kill or make you very sick if not adhered to rigidly! which is why they are kept away from children.

Edited by TheDarkerSide
  • Like 1

Well i for one can say i learned a few things from both sides of the aisle on this topic,i still feel as if ihave more questions than answers in some areas but...

I drink tap water that i filter myself and put in bpa free jugs,but on the other hand in recent years higher amounts of prescription drugs have been being found in our tap water on top of additives such as fluoride.

A few other questions i have that may have already been answered,if so i will have to go back and look.

What is the absorption rate in the human body of fluoride/if it even has one.

At .6 to to 1.0 ppm what is a safe amount to consume in 24 hours over an extended period of time...

On second thought,i can look this up and figure it out on my own.I woke up with the flu 2 days ago and am just being lazy :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 3

People with decayed teeth are a burden to the government? Wow!

I guess people with halitosis and body odor are also burdens?

Yes, bad dental health has other health implications: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/oral-health-the-mouth-body-connection

From the article:

Some other mouth-body connections under current investigation include:
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis. Treating periodontal disease has been shown to reduce pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
  • Lung Conditions. Periodontal disease may make pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease worse, possibly by increasing the amount of bacteria in the lungs.
  • Obesity. Two studies have linked obesity to gum disease. It appears that periodontitis progresses more quickly in the presence of higher body fat.

• Like 1

the only people that the government covers for dental care are those under 21, mostly.

Fine, but it's all the other medical problems which are associated with poor dental hygiene which can be reduced by fluoridation.

• Like 1

lol

That they even assume the burden in the first place as a basis of their opinion.

Yeah someone still needs to take me down that slippery slope so I can see what I'm missing. I haven't figured out the mechanism yet by which rotting teeth are the big expense for taxpayers to worry about. Maybe there's some historical basis for this belief back from the pre-fluoridation days, but I doubt it.

I understand the connection between poor dental hygiene and other medical conditions seems to have been made only fairly recently. So it's unlikely this had any effect on the idea to fluoridate water in the first place.

Rather, it looks to me like governments decided to fluoridate water because it was a simple way of improving dental hygiene at a time when lots of people didn't have easy access to other means to do so - whether being able to afford to go to the dentist, or get fluoridated toothpaste, or lack of education about the benefits of brushing your teeth.

These days, perhaps a debate about the best way to get fluoride onto people's teeth is worth having. I understand that fluoridated table salt is available in many European countries, so you get your fluoride whenever you add salt to your food. But a debate about whether fluoride at the right dose is beneficial for your teeth? Is that seriously necessary?

• Like 1

That "tale" was not knocked out a few pages back.

From page 9 in the above link; as they try to sell us all another Brooklyn Bridge!

Fluoridation is safe, effective, efficient, socially equitable, and environmentally sound public

health policy for the prevention of the most common disease afflicting children and adults. It is

imperative that the optimal fluoridation of community water systems continue throughout the

United States and, indeed, the world.

Describing fluoride in line one left out the word, toxic! Of course that word would not fit in the scheme of the long explanation of "their side" of the tumbling dice of life and death by any toxic and very unnatural causes!

Scheming fits well as we U.S. taxpayers freely volunteer yearly to pay our income taxes. All it takes to make it binding for the scandalous U.S. I.R.S. is your signatures at the bottom of the last page of the tax form.

Thanks for this link listed at the bottom in the credits...

Dr. Mercola and Dr. Paul Connett on the ineffectiveness of fluoride for what "they" want it to do to our teeth.

For the third time posting this without any comment: A medical license is required to give any dose of supposed safe drugs. A drug to include any ppm of fluoride for strong teeth!

Just like mandatory labeling of GMO food products, this mystery takes train loads of hope to eliminate toxic fluoride placed by politicians unnaturally in drinking water. If in doubt, keep it out!

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

That "tale" was not knocked out a few pages back.

It definitely was. At this point you're being willfully silly and dishonest if you continue to propagate it. So stop trying. Actually, it would be kind of nice if you admitted that it was wrong. I know...a lot to hope for.

And then you said some really expected fingers-in-the-ear stuff. Not really worth it to delve into that. Actually, I do have a fun request. Would you mind getting some nice peer-reviewed studies supporting your position? I refuse to watch hours of Youtube videos. (And bonus points if you include the meta-study from Harvard about IQ. I can definitely talk about that one.)

Thanks in advance.

Waitwait...gotta respond to the medical license thing. Is that really a thing? Like the cashiers in the supermarket by me all have medical licenses for when I buy my six-pack of Bristlecone Brown Ale? That's a drug...right?

They seem to be playing down their credentials.

• Like 2

Don't drink that fluoridated condensate! lol

Any given water could be superior or inferior to the water we drink ourselves. What does he know? Doesn't even know what's coming through his own taps. but he can abuse other posters for disagreeing with him!

You too, man. Sorry about the way you were treated earlier. You didn't deserve that.

Its no thing. My views are pretty out side the box. The herd doesn't like anyone to stand out or think differently. I stand in defiance of it all the time.

I understand the connection between poor dental hygiene and other medical conditions seems to have been made only fairly recently. So it's unlikely this had any effect on the idea to fluoridate water in the first place.

Rather, it looks to me like governments decided to fluoridate water because it was a simple way of improving dental hygiene at a time when lots of people didn't have easy access to other means to do so - whether being able to afford to go to the dentist, or get fluoridated toothpaste, or lack of education about the benefits of brushing your teeth.

These days, perhaps a debate about the best way to get fluoride onto people's teeth is worth having. I understand that fluoridated table salt is available in many European countries, so you get your fluoride whenever you add salt to your food. But a debate about whether fluoride at the right dose is beneficial for your teeth? Is that seriously necessary?

If the government's motives for mandating fluoridation were beneficent and wise for health reasons, why did it not also mandate taking vitamins or using sunscreen or any other of the many things it might have ordered for public health? I realize the list could be nearly endless, but I'm curious as to why dental health prevailed over other aspects of healthcare.

• Like 1

Its the GOV'ment's way of say'n " WE care for the sick and the poor " ~

If the government's motives for mandating fluoridation were beneficent and wise for health reasons, why did it not also mandate taking vitamins or using sunscreen or any other of the many things it might have ordered for public health? I realize the list could be nearly endless, but I'm curious as to why dental health prevailed over other aspects of healthcare.

Easy. Widespread. Cost effective. The list could really go on and on...

here is the main difference between fluoridating tap water and using bottled water. fluoridating water forces everyone to drink the poison. using bottled water only affects yourself.

here is the main difference between fluoridating tap water and using bottled water. fluoridating water forces everyone to drink the poison. using bottled water only affects yourself.

Water fluoridation is not poison. Stop being silly. I realize that you don't understand that, but I really feel like you're never going to understand it. Pointing out facts really never stops you. So I'll just take a firm tone, and it will hopefully filter through.

• Like 1

Water fluoridation is not poison. Stop being silly. I realize that you don't understand that, but I really feel like you're never going to understand it. Pointing out facts really never stops you. So I'll just take a firm tone, and it will hopefully filter through.

you fail to understand flouride is a poison. read the back of your tooth paste tube. it says there if swallowed call the poison control number.

you fail to understand flouride is a poison. read the back of your tooth paste tube. it says there if swallowed call the poison control number.

Wait. Stop. Go back and read my post. Do I say anything about toothpaste? Hint (because I know you'll need it): no.

You don't understand pretty basic concepts like dosage and fallacy. You're deliberately using inflammatory language to describe something because you don't understand it. If I drink too much of my Bristlecone Brown tonight (such a great example), it's a problem. If I eat too much of my liver and onions, it's a problem. Alcohol or Vitamin A to excess are problematic. So is fluoride. However, that does not make it logically relevant to call those things "poisons". To do so is intellectually dishonest, fallacious, and inflammatory. So stop doing it.

• Like 1

Wait. Stop. Go back and read my post. Do I say anything about toothpaste? Hint (because I know you'll need it): no.

You don't understand pretty basic concepts like dosage and fallacy. You're deliberately using inflammatory language to describe something because you don't understand it. If I drink too much of my Bristlecone Brown tonight (such a great example), it's a problem. If I eat too much of my liver and onions, it's a problem. Alcohol or Vitamin A to excess are problematic. So is fluoride. However, that does not make it logically relevant to call those things "poisons". To do so is intellectually dishonest, fallacious, and inflammatory. So stop doing it.

alcohol is also a poison. but it isn't being put into tap water. it doesn't matter the dosage. a poison is a poison. true if you eat or drink too much of anything there is consequences. but, a poison behaves differently with each person. a safe dosage is different for every person. the young and the old can't use as much as a normal adult. which is why every over the counter medicine has a child dose written on the package. there is no such thing when using tap water. a child is getting the same dosage as an adult. and again this is all because some adults are too lazy to brush their teeth, so they feel that everyone should suffer so that they can have good teeth.

alcohol is also a poison. but it isn't being put into tap water.

A little alcohol is actually good for you. Maybe the government SHOULD add a little alcohol to the water supply??? As with fluoride, you'd have to drink two bathtubs full to get even a little sick.

Myself, I say no, but I see the logic behind what is being done.

I think vitamins could be a good point. Why doesn't the government introduce more vitamins into the tap water? After all, if it saves a bit more money then it costs, then it is worth it right?

I think the obvious answer is that if it raises costs people don't want it. From what I've read MOST cities that change their mind and stop fluoridation are ACTUALLY doing so to save costs. People want to pay $30 a month for water, rather then $35.

• Like 1

I gave you a big toothy grin and you gave me a thumbs up. That's the spirit. Let's not be scared and let's present the evidence. Normally the Nazis don't play any role whatsoever in how I live my daily life. For instance, I don't have guilt, I don't have to endlessly pay the pot, intellectually or monetarily, because of a war my country won in Europe, or any of the conspiracy theories that have come out of the war or something the Nazis allegedly did.

You called it a fairy tale, now I'm motivated to extract the truth out of the fiction, if there is any truth at all. So they didn't fluoridate the water to pacify people (and the whole CT is utter BS?) or they did fluoridate the water but because they were worried about tooth decay, or they didn't fluoridate the water at all, or there's experimental evidence that it doesn't do what the Al Foil Brigade says it does and they were wrong for doing it to pacify people because it doesn't work? A fairy tale is something that never happened, so is that what you're saying here?

And don't be another poster who mistakenly gets me wrong. I'll stick this sword in the conspiracy theory as deep as you and turn the blade even harder than you once it's in. I'd rather get to the truth than have to suffer abusive know-it-alls with zero credentials who want to have the last word on Fluoride much less Chemistry in general (wow). We're not qualified for that, which is why we look at research and not laugh at it.

Edited by Yamato

I've already stated that fluoride is a marvel at fighting tooth decay. My word was "marvel". Do that sound like I'm having that debate to you, sir? I don't know how much more seriously clear I need to be here so people can READ what I'm actually saying. Since you're replying to me, no, you and I don't have to have that debate. I promise ya that.

I went to govt schools as a kid and they made sure we knew to brush our teeth so I got reinforced with good habits from the home and the school. I believe that my health would be far worse if I never brushed my teeth. I think I might even be dead already if I didn't brush my teeth.

The best way to get fluoride on the teeth is something I've actually discussed here. If you go back through the discussion and read what I've actually said, maybe we'd already be having that debate by now because that's one you and I can have together.