Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cuba Road

metaltania

Since Summer of 1997 when I was 17, I been visiting Cuba Road as many times a year at night I can,

My First Experience in Long Grove Illinois, at the Church where my Uncle got married was the Cemetery.

Something caught my attention, I walked in the Cemetery I saw a Gravestone of Fredrick Kruger. hmm, made me think of Freddy Kruger movies, and all the two other movies made Jason, and Halloween.. Thinking about it so all 3 movies were based here, and rumors say they true stories nd other rumors say they false so anyways. I did some investigation threw the years on Freddy Kruger turns out the movie was based upon here, But that'another Story.

So anyways back to the wedding. I saw a 8 year old little girl hanging upside down from the tree in cemetery. I called on my younger sisters they said they seen her too, I asked my mom she thought we were crazy. So it was the ghost of the 80+ yr old woman as a child that is buried in front of the tree hanging from the tree,, So since than I been investigating Cuba Road from White Cemetery to Long Grove Cemetery up and down Cuba road, I have investigated Rainbow road also where the Mafia house is, and legends of house disappearing and reappearing at the dead end of the road.

I seen the hitch hiker on Cuba road picked her up twice, I have seen and heard stuff, I have 37 hours of video footage of the cemetery's and Roads. I faces and orbs and spirits I have caught Happy Ghost Hunting People!!!

:gun::tu::w00t::yes: /long grove cemetery

/long grove cemtery

• Like 1

What are you talking about with the horror movies??

Halloween takes place in Haddenfield Illinois but filmed in California and in Friday the 13th they never say where Camp Crystal Lake is and it was filmed in New Jersey. A NIghtmare On Elm St takes place in Ohio and was also filmed in California.

They have no basis in Long Grove Illinois at all. Where are you getting all this stuff?

acting.jpg

• Like 3

The pic on the right has got Casper in there, do you think the story is based on the person in the grave? spooooky!

129casper.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, the horror movie stuff is off. And Long Grove cemetery was the one that had the F. Kruger grave... It's odd that Long Grove does not have a listing by that name in it's interment records. Anywho, interesting stuff anyway, Long Grove isn't normally noted for having a lot of haunting. I hope you aren't trying to visit cemeteries during off hours, that's trespassing. What do you think of the marsh?

Yeah, the horror movie stuff is off. And Long Grove cemetery was the one that had the F. Kruger grave... It's odd that Long Grove does not have a listing by that name in it's interment records. Anywho, interesting stuff anyway, Long Grove isn't normally noted for having a lot of haunting. I hope you aren't trying to visit cemeteries during off hours, that's trespassing. What do you think of the marsh?

I was curious myself, so I did a bit of Googling. There is a Friedrich Krueger buried at Long Grove.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=krueger&GSiman=1&GScid=1977157&GRid=61580814&

I was curious myself, so I did a bit of Googling. There is a Friedrich Krueger buried at Long Grove.

http://www.findagrav...&GRid=61580814

Yeah you can see the headstone (barely) in the photo.

Look there was a camp crystal lake here in crystal lake Illinois forest preserve. I don't really care where the movies where made they all based here in Illinois. Illinois is the most haunted state from my knowledge. So therefore the first person who posted get your facts straight this is my post

Look there was a camp crystal lake here in crystal lake Illinois forest preserve. I don't really care where the movies where made they all based here in Illinois. Illinois is the most haunted state from my knowledge. So therefore the first person who posted get your facts straight this is my post

There's also a Camp Crystal Lake in Florida, a Crystal Lake campground in California and a boy scouts summer camp called Crystal Lake in Wisconsin. There's many, many other places in the USA called "Crystal Lake". Why do you think Friday the 13th was based on the one in Illinois?

And as already pointed out, Nightmare on Elm Street was neither set nor filmed in Illinois.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight,

You named 3 movies as being "based" in Illinois when we have only reason to believe one of them was. Illinois is the 5th most populous state in the US and has the US's third biggest city in it, so finding movies set there doesn't mean much anyway.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

http://www.findagrav....&GRid=61580814

Ohhh, Arch, thank you! My research skills are slipping apparently, should have tried other spellings! But then, I was looking for a guy.... Friedricke is a womans name, never would have thought to look for it.

And just some random movie trivia, coldethyl is correct... Wes Craven has been noted as saying the idea for Nightmare on Elm Street came from a series of articles he read in LA about a family in Cambodia (I think) that died in their sleep- Fred Kruger was the name of a bully from when Wes was a kid- Wes also brings Freddie up in House on the Left with the character Krug. It was originally supposed to be set in LA, but later was set in the fictional town of Springwood Ohio. There is a smidge of Illinois in Nightmare- Wes lived on an Elm Street while he was living in Wheaton, Il.

Camp Crystal Lake has no true location attached to it, at least not that I can tell. It also goes by the names Camp Blood and camp Forest Green.

Halloween's Haddenfield is named after the New Jersey town, Debra Hill's home town.

I'm not sure what metaltania meant with

camp crystal lake here in crystal lake Illinois forest preserve
There is a Crystal Lake, IL, and it has a body of water called Crystal Lake in that area- but none of the parks immediately around that body of water are forest preserves, they are all parks, and I don't recall there being campgrounds. There are preserves close by, but none are called Crystal Lake. There is camping in Chain O' Lakes which is a bit to the north, but that's a state park. Perhaps you could clarify exactly what you meant metaltania please?
  • Like 2

What they said.

Camp_Blanding%20(39)-L.jpg

bda12540-e676-4937-8545-260055b660ee.jpg

^ That is in Florida so yeah....

Edited by xFelix
  • Like 2