Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rise In Attacks On Muslims

Commander CMG

The murder of a soldier in a London street has prompted a dramatic increase in attacks on British Muslims, amid a series of arrests linked to the backlash.

Faith Matters, an organisation that works to reduce extremism, said more than 160 incidents had been reported to its helpline since Drummer Lee Rigby's killing on Wednesday.

That compared to the average of four to eight cases a day reported to the group before the attack.

It came as three men were arrested by Northumbria Police ahead of an English Defence League march that took place on Saturday afternoon in Newcastle, for allegedly posting racist tweets.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

It's hilarious how when someone claiming to be a Muslim does this it's a "terrorist" attack. But when a White English person does it it's not a terrorist attack.

Just before this happened someone killed a Muslim man and it didn't even make it past local news..... Yeah well done media.

This is bigotry and fascism at it's finest. I am so ashamed at a lot of Britain right now. I have removed so many people from my Facebook and my friends circle who have came out with bigot comments or posting EDL rubbish.

My Muslim friend has had 3 of his friends attacked and his mother is terrified to come out of her house.

Majority of these people are dumb as well. This country has a history of foreign influence and settlers. 90% of our "traditional" food is Indian. lol (this includes Ketchup and brown sauce etc, yes Indian spices... Not so "British" after all)

it's funny how the people really ruining Britain (besides the government) is the Chav problem we have and they make up most of the EDL. Chavs cause the most stabbings, murders and criminal activity in the UK, I'd rather kick them out please.

• Like 3

Yeah I noticed the EDL are football hooligans or people are just bored because they have no jobs.

You noticed theres no protests in Scotland? or Wales? I thought we had a British Army not an English Army and also surely they should have the Union Jack?

• Like 3

Yeah I noticed the EDL are football hooligans or people are just bored because they have no jobs.

You noticed theres no protests in Scotland? or Wales? I thought we had a British Army not an English Army and also surely they should have the Union Jack?

Most of them can't even speak properly or have any brain cells. I've seen videos of them and they are dumb as horse ****. They don't even understand what is going on, they just want to pick a fight because as you said they are bored.

Yeah I did notice that, it says a lot really. Yeah that's another thing I don't understand about them. It's weird how they are "English defense league" and not British. I'm going to start the "British defense league! Were we will march against the EDL and call for every member of the EDL and all chav scum to be exiled from the UK. lol

When it first happened the EDL jumped on the Muslims and never even mentioned the poor guy who was killed. They just concentrated on causing more hatred. It's disgusting. I feel sorry for the guys family and it's horrific he died that way, wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that, but I also feel sorry for Muslims right now as well.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

The EDL are nothing but a bunch of racist hooligans, looking for any excuse to pick a fight. They don't have enough brain cells collectively to light up a low voltage bulb.

They don't care about our Country, if the did they should sign up and join the Army and fight like real men, but sadly that takes courage.

• Like 4

The EDL are nothing but a bunch of racist hooligans, looking for any excuse to pick a fight. They don't have enough brain cells collectively to light up a low voltage bulb.

They don't care about our Country, if the did they should sign up and join the Army and fight like real men, but sadly that takes courage.

Don't agree with your second bit as I'm against these wars, if it was WW2, I'd agree with you. But I get what you are saying and the first part was definitely true.

• Like 1

Don't agree with your second bit as I'm against these wars, if it was WW2, I'd agree with you. But I get what you are saying and the first part was definitely true.

I didn't mention fighting in Iraq or Afghan, both conflicts leave a bad taste in my mouth also. I only suggested joining the army and fighting like a man, if their country means that much to them,, :tu:

• Like 3

despicable people are attacking muslims. those 2 savages are nothing to do with Islam. there extremist nutters. A lot of muslims have condemned the attack

• Like 1

those 2 savages are nothing to do with Islam. there extremist nutters.

ISLAMIC extremist nutters ali, they made that quite clear.

A lot of muslims have condemned the attack

MOST muslims have quite rightly condemned the attack. in fact, just about the only one's who HAVEN'T condemned it are the fruit-loopers on here who keep saying 'well, we're killing their citizens (as if fighting a war is the same thing as hacking members of the public to death on city streets), so it's only fair they kill yours', when we both know that's a right load of old b******s.

seems some people have a very twisted take on morality.

*sigh*

it would seem that no-one informed the language filterbot about a very high profile court case regarding the offensiveness of a certain euphamism for 'testicles'.

despicable people are attacking muslims. those 2 savages are nothing to do with Islam. there extremist nutters. A lot of muslims have condemned the attack

well these sort of attacks are going to happen when in less than ten years we've had buses and trains blown up on the streets of Great Britain, 07/07/05 - 52 people killed, hundreds left injured and disabled for life. then we had the failed attacks two weeks later, failed tablot street plot failed 2007 plot 'operation gamble' to capture and behead a British solider, failed tiger tiger nightclub car bombs, the failed attack on Glasgow airport, the failed plot to bomb a English Defence League meeting. and right upto date the killing on the streets of London of a British soldier butchered to death. all carried out by a section of society characterised - distinguished in the main being Asia/black, and being of the Moslem religion even in its radical form/or recent convert. like i've said in another post, the minority groups in the UK are going to suffer due to the minority of the minority. its sad, but its also upto these minority groups to flush out these radicals. all the terrorist mentioned above have all attended mosques here in the UK have the moderates in the mosques been exposing them and reporting the radicals to the authorities? who knows?.

• Like 1

MOST muslims have quite rightly condemned the attack. in fact, just about the only one's who HAVEN'T condemned it are the fruit-loopers on here who keep saying 'well, we're killing their citizens (as if fighting a war is the same thing as hacking members of the public to death on city streets), so it's only fair they kill yours', when we both know that's a right load of old b******s.

seems some people have a very twisted take on morality.

I agree. Killing a taliban is nothing like hacking someone to bits in the street. in iraq afghanistan, soldiers of both sides kill each other, which is what soldiers do.,

Obviously you have evil sick freaks in the army who do kill civilians, like that guy who murdered and hacked civilians to pieces and kept body parts as trophies, but that's not all of them!Infact i'd say most soldiers don't kill civilians. we'd be silly to think none do.

But yes your right it can't be an excuse to kill people here because civilians get killed there in drone attacks etc.

• Like 1

I agree. Killing a taliban is nothing like hacking someone to bits in the street. in iraq afghanistan, soldiers of both sides kill each other, which is what soldiers do.,

Obviously you have evil sick freaks in the army who do kill civilians, like that guy who murdered and hacked civilians to pieces and kept body parts as trophies, but that's not all of them!Infact i'd say most soldiers don't kill civilians. we'd be silly to think none do.

But yes your right it can't be an excuse to kill people here because civilians get killed there in drone attacks etc.

We have killed thousands of civilians, woman and children in Iraq and Afghanistan, by bombing and artillery alone. They were innocent. All for fuel/gas as well. Disturbing.

• Like 1

The latest arrests came as an estimated 1,500 members of an extremist right-wing group called the English Defense League marched in the northern English city of Newcastle, chanting Rigby's name. In the southern English city of Portsmouth, police arrested two men for a racially motivated assault as hundreds of demonstrators gathered near one mosque, while several more people were detained for alleged racist offenses elsewhere.

*snip*

Police said they arrested three people on suspicion of posting racist tweets ahead of the English Defense League march, and further detained 24 others before and during the protest on suspicion of public drunkenness, vandalism and distributing racist literature. One group of marchers carried a sign that read "Taliban Hunting Club."

About 350 counterdemonstrators who called themselves Newcastle Unites shouted abuse at the marchers, including "Nazi scum off our streets!" The region's Northumbria Police said riot police prevented any direct clashes between the opposed groups.

London Attack: 3 More Arrested In Slaying Of Drummer Lee Rigby: via HuffPost http://huff.to/18gGsgk

The counterdemonstrators always come out and the police are doing an OK job in letting the EDL know their intolerance is not welcome among the civilized.

One of them punched a horse. Pic here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/punched-police-horse-returns-newcastle-1909604

That was referring to an incident a few weeks ago when the horse was punched by a Newcastle Utd. fan, after his team was beaten by their closest rivals.

I remember that... The guy on disability benefits.