Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dr Steve Greer nails it!

Darth Tyranus

But what does one have to lose on their death bed? Someone could say whatever they wanted or believed and suffer absolutely zero repercussions. Not to mention the possible questionable state of mind they may be in being so near death. Coming face to face with the inevitable end can do strange things to people.

Oh I was solely pointing at the supposed entourage of (able bodied) "high-ranking military personnel" he claims to have coming forward to support his claims (I should have admitted a few posts back that I haven't actually watched his videos yet, just heard a bunch of claims he's made, and listened to a 2 hour podcast interview yesterday)

Oh I was solely pointing at the supposed entourage of (able bodied) "high-ranking military personnel" he claims to have coming forward to support his claims (I should have admitted a few posts back that I haven't actually watched his videos yet, just heard a bunch of claims he's made, and listened to a 2 hour podcast interview yesterday)

Fair enough, I think credibility is important to testimony however that can only take a claim so far before more is needed to reach a conclusion. I think it is a good starting point but nowhere near the required evidence for something like alien visitation to be labeled as fact. :tu:

• Like 1

For the record, I found his theory about the energy industry holding back green technologies to be the most interesting part of that podcast by far. I don't know about alien technology per say, but we've all heard horror stories about backyard inventors being killed for their patents (Steven Meyer,) or people being presented with large sums of cash to "buy them out". It's really trippy when you think about it. Joe Rogan was the interviewer ("The Joe Rogan Experience" - really cool podcast to listen to if you're into that,) and he asks Greer why anyone would go to such great lengths to cover up free energy technologies. Greer says "because it's a $600 trillion industry. End of story."

For the record, I found his theory about the energy industry holding back green technologies to be the most interesting part of that podcast by far. I don't know about alien technology per say, but we've all heard horror stories about backyard inventors being killed for their patents (Steven Meyer,) or people being presented with large sums of cash to "buy them out". It's really trippy when you think about it. Joe Rogan was the interviewer ("The Joe Rogan Experience" - really cool podcast to listen to if you're into that,) and he asks Greer why anyone would go to such great lengths to cover up free energy technologies. Greer says "because it's a $600 trillion industry. End of story."

Greed is a funny thing and anyone savvy enough to amass a fortune in the energy business would want to be 'in' on any new developments, not shut them down. That's how massive fortunes are made to begin with. I think it is conceivable that corporations would take the opposite track and invest deeply in new energies if the tech was viable. Greer likes to paint with a conspiracy laden brush, as do a lot of his fellow proponents. I'm just not sold on such a conspiracy having any relevance or credibility ( there's that word again! :P ) in a global economy. Perhaps in the 40's and 50's it might have been a legitimate concern but now with everybody and their dog looking for alternative energies? There is a ton of money just aching to be had for anyone with the ability to deliver on that front, up to and including greedy unscrupulous corporations. I doubt they would still be sitting on anything if they could be making money off of it.

• Like 1

Okay,

First off, i watched the Greer video and did anyone else see or hear anything in there that would stand up in court as evidence?

around the 7 minute mark he starts talking about what they, the Aliens, are seeing as if he knows it to be factual then he rolls right into his opinion.

If its factual and he knows it as such, why does he need to state his opinion on what he thinks?

I am very much unimpressed with anything in the video. JFK died because of UFO's? ENOUGH ALREADY.

Secondly, and i may have missed it since i actually dozed off and had to go back and re-watch it, so don't shoot me if i did,

The old man video... What was the point of that?

He spoke about project Blue book but i never heard him say they found any true evidence and the part about going to Area 51, he spoke about the U-2 and the predecessor to the SR-71.

Big Deal. Neither are secret anymore.

Did he say anything about UFO's and actually seeing them?

And as far as Pilots seeing UFO's, is this really a surprise to anyone?

The black projects are so secret even the SR-71 had been flying for 30 years before it was acknowledged.

God only knows what our military is flying in the skies above of.

And before you think I'm just another debunker, I'm not.

I actually believe that there is intelligent life on other planets maybe even more advanced than us. I just require proof that they are visiting and the proof really needs to be more than someones word.

I love watching the show Ancient Aliens, i don't believe even 90% of it but i find it entertaining and about 10% of it does intrigue me.

Until someone shows me a body and the Little Grey dudes show up on my lawn..... I'm going to need a bit more proof.

But i do welcome anyone to point me in the right direction of irrefutable proof that they exist.

As they said in the X-Files...... I want to believe.

• Like 2

I think what scares me the most is that this guy actually received a Medical degree and practiced on real human patients.

For some reason i would not feel too comfy going under the knife and his face being the last one i saw before going under.

I think what scares me the most is that this guy actually received a Medical degree and practiced on real human patients.

For some reason i would not feel too comfy going under the knife and his face being the last one i saw before going under.

Me too ! But If he were to grow his hair like Greiogio Sapakocklus how ever you spel his name Now wer talking ! bonifided Nutter !

• Like 3

YEah ! Warm beer and Dripping Oil pans !

Shh! The Brits have the world convinced their oil comes from the North Sea!

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

Me too ! But If he were to grow his hair like Greiogio Sapakocklus how ever you spel his name Now wer talking ! bonifided Nutter !

:w00t:

Greiogio Sapakocklus!

Thanks for that D, I'm still laughing about that. :lol::tu:

:clap:

i-just-smoked-a-ancient-alien-this-big.jpg

• Like 1

How can anyone still believe after 60+ years of the UFOlogy circus and still no proof (or even solid evidence)? Think about it, after that much time even the grandest of conspiracy theories starts to sound like a feeble excuse. Funny how the only people to get anything out of UFOlogy are the authors who fill their books only with what their audience wants to hear.

I think you vastly underestimate the herd mentality of most US citizens. And the power national media has over said herd. We are talking about a society that is actually swayed by medication that has more harmful side effects than beneficial ones simply because the medication is accompanied catchy commercial and a cartoon mascot. Haha.

Edited by LotusEater

I think you vastly underestimate the herd mentality of most US citizens. And the power national media has over said herd. We are talking about a society that is actually swayed by medication that has more harmful side effects than beneficial ones simply because the medication is accompanied catchy commercial and a cartoon mascot. Haha.

You have to agree though, Lotus, S2S does have a pretty good point there.

How can anyone still believe after 60+ years of the UFOlogy circus and still no proof (or even solid evidence)?

Think about it, after that much time even the grandest of conspiracy theories starts to sound like a feeble excuse.

Funny how the only people to get anything out of UFOlogy are the authors who fill their books only with what their audience wants to hear.

True every word if you ask me.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 3

Personally it comes down to the credibility of the witnesses involved. If all the witnesses were high-level ranking military officers, credible people with decorated careers, people with something to lose, then red-flags start going up for me. The money involved in this whole "disclosure project" is a paltry sum when you split it up amongst everyone who has allegedly come forward so I doubt that is the motivation for them doing so. That begs the question, why risk your career and potentially much more to support the ramblings of a former doctor? If the military-industrial complex is really set up the way Greer claims, and people can be and are threatened with death, why come forward just to be part of a hoax?

If none of the witnesses have any real military pull, then the whole shebang is totally bogus. I'm not saying I believe Greer either way, I would just like to casually examine his claims from my armchair...

Being the high profile people that they are, it is possible to track their claims. More often than not there seems to be little to the original claim, and it blown out horrendously by media sources. QuIllius and I did investigate Dr Mitchell's sources for one example, and found his belief to be fuelled by the ranting nonsense of Bob Lazar and Stephen Greer. LINK to Thread.

Real military pull is being used as an appeal to authority to create clams that do not exist. There is also little corroboration between these people when detail is entered, and some of the claims are more than dubious, older ones even allude to Martians and the like. We have to remember, in the 30's - 50's Martians and Venusians were considered by many to exist, just like nowadays with further flung aliens. People thought flying saucers came from Mares and Venus, when we consider this, the claims do not seem so hard to understand. These were men of authority, not only did people instantly believe them, as authorities I feel they often believed themselves even though they had no idea.

• Like 2

That is a good point, but I am not sure S2F underestimates it, but is probably more bewildered by it.

• Like 2

I'm confused sometimes, which is an easy thing to be. But when it comes to UFO's I rather think that relying on evidence brought by others, no matter of what antiquity, provenance or design, is fraught with uncertainty. Far better perhaps, to be your own judge, of your own evidence and experiences.

I have seen an awful lot of stuff in the sky over the years, almost all of it perfectly explainable, or justifiably deduced (an example of the latter would be a light at night traversing the sky and then matching its path with the known orbit of a satellite that night, for example). However, five personal experiences defy explanation, and although they make me a firm believer in UFO's, they do not necessarily make me a firm believer in aliens. I do not believe all of the objects I have seen are military craft - two of the sightings took place in the UK (1969 and 1982), one in France (2009), one in New Zealand (2006) and one here, this year, in Florida.

The most recent gave me an opportunity to actually get some binoculars out to study 'my' UFO's closely, and I tracked seven objects for about two minutes. No, I had no camera to hand and it was late at night. I'd been walking the dog and was at the door to the house where the binoculars were, which was handy, but the camera was inside tucked away in a dark room. What I saw was most certainly not aircraft, yet they were at a very low altitude and travelling at over 150mph, at the very least. According to MUFON a retired commercial pilot saw the exact same thing in Ohio the same night, which at least meant I was not hallucinating.....

The fact is, there are those who have seen things, who are believers, and there are those who have not, who invariably are sceptics. Why we argue over the existence of UFO's is as puzzling to those who have seen them as it is to those who have not. If you want proof of how quickly a sceptic can turn into a believer, ask my wife - some of you will have read her personal encounter here on UM.

Personally I think it is impossible for anyone of sound mind to deny that strange things are flying around over our heads - though whether they are controlled by aliens is a matter for conjecture. And personally I find it infuriating sometimes that the threads here on UM become blurred, and how arguments invariably end up with the "alien" question. I'm much more of the inclination to prove the existence of UFO's first, and THEN sort out the who and why.

Ever hear the story that Ike meet with greys while on vacation

• Like 1

Macroramphosis, that was a nicely considered post, but I was puzzled by this:

What I saw was most certainly not aircraft, yet they were at a very low altitude and travelling at over 150mph, at the very least.

Maybe this question should be on another thread (feel free to point me there if it already exists), but I have to ask - *why* were they most certainly not aircraft? Nothing in your description is non-aircraft-ish..

link

Blue Book Archive Now On Facebook

The Blue Book Archive is now listed on the ever popular Facebook. Stop by to read the latest news on the archive an related topics.

Updated Blue Book Archive Now Online

The Blue Book Archive has been given a minor face lift and is now hosted in a high availability datacenter. Some features like the curation interface have been removed pending a more complete redesign.

Uncensored Blue Book Microfilm Released

Thanks to the efforts of FUFOR and the Blue Book Archive the first ten rolls of uncensored Project Blue Book microfilm are now available. Click here to learn more about this important new release.

link

Project Blue Book was one of a series of systematic studies of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) conducted by the United States Air Force. Started in 1952, it was the second revival of such a study (the first two of its kind being Projects Sign and Grudge). A termination order was given for the study in December 1969, and all activity under its auspices ceased in January 1970.

Project Blue Book had two goals:

1. to determine if UFOs were a threat to national security, and
  2. to scientifically analyze UFO-related data.

Thousands of UFO reports were collected, analyzed and filed. As the result of the Condon Report (1968), which concluded there was nothing anomalous about UFOs, Project Blue Book was ordered shut down in December 1969 and the Air Force continues to provide the following summary of its investigations:

1. No UFO reported, investigated and evaluated by the Air Force was ever an indication of threat to our national security;

2. There was no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and

3. There was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles.

wiki

Project Blue Book

"From 1947 until 17 December 1969, the United States Air Force actively investigated reports and sightings of unidentified flying objects - UFOs, under a program called Project Blue Book. Project Blue Book investigated 12,618 UFO sightings and 701 of those sightings remained unidentified. Many UFO researchers feel that the investigations of the UFO sightings were unprofessional and unscientific.

link

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Project Blue Book >www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Rl6hC2ZFw<

Uploaded on Jun 17, 2010

For ufologists and skeptics alike, Project Blue Book had the potential to be a gold mine. Learn how the US Air Force launched an official UFO investigation that spanned decades -- and why some people suspect a conspiracy -- in this episode.

http://howstuffworks.com

http://facebook.com/ConspiracyStuff

http://twitter.com/conspiracystuff

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/st...

have fun !! :tu:

I like hearing Dr. Greer's talk about his theory's.. He may pass them off as absolute fact/truth a bit much but i'm sure the reality is pretty close to what he's deduced from everything he's gathered.

Is it me or did he turn into a gym rat and got buff lately?

I like hearing Dr. Greer's talk about his theory's.. He may pass them off as absolute fact/truth a bit much but i'm sure the reality is pretty close to what he's deduced from everything he's gathered.

If you are a fan of science fiction I can understand where you are coming from. As for reality and Steven Greer :whistle: ,... well, Ill just leave it at that.

• Like 1

Is it me or did he turn into a gym rat and got buff lately?

:w00t::sk

If you are a fan of science fiction I can understand where you are coming from. As for reality and Steven Greer :whistle: ,... well, Ill just leave it at that.

I am a fan and I WANT TO BELIEVE :P Again, i'm sure he's a wack job but my point was that ANYBODY can theorize based on information "collected" .. At least his speakings aren't too way out there and make zero sense.

Macroramphosis, that was a nicely considered post, but I was puzzled by this:

Maybe this question should be on another thread (feel free to point me there if it already exists), but I have to ask - *why* were they most certainly not aircraft? Nothing in your description is non-aircraft-ish..

Hi Chris, I had 2 minutes worth of them through the Zeiss glasses, and they were extremely clear in view. They most certainly were not aircraft. I admit at first I thought they were a bunch of military choppers out on a flight, since that is what they first resembled at a distance in motion and spacing. However, when I could see there were no navigation lights or strobes I legged it for my front door and the bins. I drew a picture for someone else, I'll see if i can find it.

Not sure why you think my "question" should be on another thread though ? I was just using the sighting as a reasoning for the rest of my mutterings. :)

Personally i think we would all be dumbstruck if the US Govt were to turn over information to all projects currently in work and or currently flying.

If we knew everything they were doing today we would likely drop the whole UFO sighting debate.

I look at our world today and in my world view the SR-71 and the stealth technology of the F-117 would be considered far advanced tech right this moment.

Both have been retired. SR-71 came from the 50's and the F-117 first flew i believe it was the early 70's.

So what the heck is flying that was designed in the 80's? the 90's? post 2000?

I would love to know just how advanced we really are as a nation via the black projects.

If you told me today that we had the ability to travel near the speed of light with a warp drive right now, i don't think i would truly be that surprised.

This is why i dont get to caught up in sightings by individuals that insist it cant be anything we are flying today.

• Like 1

I suspect there is SO much we can't even begin to know..........so much is hidden and secretive.......that's why I have a very open mind about it all.